PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Dignitary Review

arctangent
11-27-2003, 07:21 AM
the imperial dignitary is a figure that lots of fans have wanted for quite some time - and finally, here he is. ladies and gentlemen, i give you janus greejatus, imperial dignitary.

was he worth the wait? well i for one certainly think so. looking like a bishop in his fancy headgear he is dressed head to toe in black - a black hat, a black mantle which flows down over his black robes. none more black in fact. the monotony of the black is broken by paterns on the costume that are picked our in thin purple lines. which is nice.

he comes with his hands clasped together. there are cut joints at this elbows which enable you to move his hands apart to dicover that he is giving the emperor a 'v' sign with his right hand which makes for a humerous alternative pose.

his lower legs are molded onto the inside of his robes so no movement there but at least it means the figure is nice and stable. the flesh on his face is suitably pale and wizened although he does not look like the chap photographed on the packaging but looks more like captain jean-luc picard of the enterprise.

the only accessory (if you can call it that) is a 'death star' base. this stretches definitions slightly - its a raised black oblong of plastic with virtually no detail and NO BLOODY FOOTPEG. cheers for that hasbro.

overall a good representation of a minor character. can't wait wait for his mate kren to arrive so i can complete my 'emperor's teaparty' diorama!

Turbowars
11-27-2003, 10:34 AM
the imperial dignitary is a figure that lots of fans have wanted for quite some time - and finally, here he is. ladies and gentlemen, i give you janus greejatus, imperial dignitary.

was he worth the wait? well i for one certainly think so. looking like a bishop in his fancy headgear he is dressed head to toe in black - a black hat, a black mantle which flows down over his black robes. none more black in fact. the monotony of the black is broken by paterns on the costume that are picked our in thin purple lines. which is nice.

he comes with his hands clasped together. there are cut joints at this elbows which enable you to move his hands apart to dicover that he is giving the emperor a 'v' sign with his right hand which makes for a humerous alternative pose.

his lower legs are molded onto the inside of his robes so no movement there but at least it means the figure is nice and stable. the flesh on his face is suitably pale and wizened although he does not look like the chap photographed on the packaging but looks more like captain jean-luc picard of the enterprise.

the only accessory (if you can call it that) is a 'death star' base. this stretches definitions slightly - its a raised black oblong of plastic with virtually no detail and NO BLOODY FOOTPEG. cheers for that hasbro.

overall a good representation of a minor character. can't wait wait for his mate kren to arrive so i can complete my 'emperor's teaparty' diorama!I know what you mean by the Stand. Why bother with one if it's not going to have a peg???

arctangent
11-28-2003, 02:39 AM
and all the stands that i do already have are ROUND, so these new one's hasbro are packaging will look totally out of place with the rest of my collection. like many things hasbro do - nice idea but flawed in the execution.

Turbowars
11-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Get this, the new BAR2-D2 has a stand with a peg. What's up with that:confused: R2 has never had a hard time standing alone.:( :)

JediTricks
12-20-2003, 12:52 AM
I can't say I'm impressed by this figure at all. No shoulder articulation, perma-bent elbows, isn't painted interesting like the actor on the bubble insert, nose is sculpted wrong, and the base is a royal piece of crap. 2/5 is the best I can come up with for this one.

fishyfett
12-20-2003, 01:06 AM
Heck, the face is sculpted wrong. I think this character is a woman in the movie. Just look at the stills, and you'll see. She may look old and ugly, but she still looks like an old, ugly woman. Same thing with the vintage dignitary. Jeezz, where did Big G find these uglies for his films??? I mean, that Slim Jim dignitary looks like a cross-dressing Cruella De Ville!!! I guess somehow, there's been quite a few sex changes since Star Wars was born.

Overall, a nice but boring figure. Something that should come in a 3-pack. Hey Hasbro, I want my Slim Jim Dignitary. SNAP INTO IT!!!! OH, YEAH!!!! lol