PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone catch . . .

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-02-2001, 06:36 PM
I apoligize in advance if this was already discussed on another thread or in another forum heading, but did anyone watch the Star Trek Weakest Link that aired on NBC last Monday (11/26). I tuned in sometime in the middle. When Bill Shatner was just voted off. I was kinda suprised to see some of the celebrities who played. Like was this Wil Wheaton' first TV appearance in years? (I liked him in Stand By Me by the way). Also it should be no suprise to anyone that Star Trek racked up the highest purse in the American version, and that Levar Burton ended up winning it all. If you watched him on the $25,000 or $100,000 Pyramid in the 80's you would have known he would of won it.

Also, wasn't it cheesy at the end how Anne Robinson departed off the set? :sur:

JediTricks
12-02-2001, 10:55 PM
I didn't know what to make of this thing, but it was weird hearing Roxann Dawson's comments about Wil Wheaton, I thought she might actually have been serious.

I was disappointed that each player's charity only got $10k except for the winner's, yet each player got paid scale. Also, John Delancie being the first one voted off was totally lame IMO.

That little cheesy "beam out" at the end went virtually undetected by my eyes, so it couldn't have been too good. ;)

GNT
12-02-2001, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
but did anyone watch the Star Trek Weakest Link that aired on NBC last Monday (11/26).

what? Star Trek Weakest Link? Gimme a break,where the hell is a Star Wars Weakest Link version?

LTBasker
12-03-2001, 01:39 AM
Well Levar's first question was who did Anthony Daniels do the voice for in Star Wars. :D Shatner should've been the first voted off, Crosby should've been second and Wheaton should've been third. Roxann Dawson did sound very serious when she said that stuff about Wil, I guess that's why she was able to play a Klingon. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
12-03-2001, 03:47 PM
What did she say about Wil Wheaton? I got bored after Shatner's schmaltzy intro and tuned out.

2-1B
02-17-2008, 12:12 PM
At the end, she said she was offended because he was flirting with her.

No, I am not making that up.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-17-2008, 12:57 PM
At the end, she said she was offended because he was flirting with her.

No, I am not making that up.

Nope, he isn't lying. Wow, I remember this and I remember her being totally PO'd at him and me being shocked because I had no doubts she was being serious and he was acting like a deuche so I don't blame her.

Caes, where did you find this thread? lol lol

2-1B
02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Caes, where did you find this thread? lol lol

It was stuck to the bottom of my shoe. :thumbsup:

Actually I had to do a web search to find out what she said. lol
But I reported the facts with accuracy. :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Anne Robinson is vile. She has this evil quality for real and she's quite xenophobic. old and shrivelled and nasty. Like the worst boss you could ever have. nothing makes her happy but other people's misfortunes. Cynical bitter and with delusions of importance. Unequivocably repulsive and repugnant.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Anne Robinson is vile. She has this evil quality for real and she's quite xenophobic. old and shrivelled and nasty. Like the worst boss you could ever have. nothing makes her happy but other people's misfortunes. Cynical bitter and with delusions of importance. Unequivocably repulsive and repugnant.

I think I dated a girl like that once. Minus the old and shrivelled part.

TeeEye7
02-17-2008, 05:36 PM

Oh....so she was Tarkin's girlfriend.....:love:

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh....so she was Tarkin's girlfriend.....:love:

I'd almost think Tarkin might be afraid of a woman like her. :shocked:

Deoxyribonucleic
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM

Main reason I never watched the show. Couldn't stand to look at her or hear her voice; not because of the lovely British accent, but because of the way she always changed her voice inflections, especially when she said "The Weakest Link". :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I watched it a few times, but I was never too thrilled with it. I did watch the Star Trek episode though and the part in question was at the elimination. Wil Wheaton was one of the ones who voted Roxxane off, and when Anne asked him why he made the choice he did(as she sometimes did with a contestant), he said(about Roxxane)that he was secretly in love with her. Roxxane took offense to this and in the post elim interview she said she couldn't believe he'd say something like that knowing that she was married and that her husband would be watching the show.

Man I can't believe I remember that. I am a geeky SOB.

Jargo
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
it's always on at dinner time here. so quite often we sit and watch while eating. or rather listen. i'm ashamed to say I'd fail miserably. i'd forget to bank and foul up on geography and math. and sport. I'd love to do it though. just to snarl back at Anne.

I did see the trek show, just to stay within the topic. Shatner is a lunatic. I love him. mad as a hatter.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I watched it a few times, but I was never too thrilled with it. I did watch the Star Trek episode though and the part in question was at the elimination. Wil Wheaton was one of the ones who voted Roxxane off, and when Anne asked him why he made the choice he did(as she sometimes did with a contestant), he said(about Roxxane)that he was secretly in love with her. Roxxane took offense to this and in the post elim interview she said she couldn't believe he'd say something like that knowing that she was married and that her husband would be watching the show.

Man I can't believe I remember that. I am a geeky SOB.

Yes you are! :thumbsup: And you're the only one of those around these parts ;)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes you are! :thumbsup: And you're the only one of those around these parts ;)

Uh oh, you found me out. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Just watched the WWE episode from earlier this decade on the Game Show Network last night and one thing I definitely notice is they dumb down the questions on the show whenever celebrities appear. And the sad part is, I don't think the success rate increases.