PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Durge

the_emporer
11-28-2003, 02:42 PM
I think Durge is a great figure as long as you leave him in the package. I opened one for my loose collection. His accessories wouldn't stay in his right hand and the peg on the jetpack wasn't long enough to stick in the hole in his back. I'm disapppointed because I have to display him with half of his accessories lying around his feet. Maybe I just got a dud!

hango fett
11-28-2003, 02:45 PM
which durge? the deluxe or basic? the deluxe one i have out of the pack is fine. can't find the purpose of the gun with the long cord thingy, but other than that, he is great!
h

LTBasker
11-28-2003, 03:02 PM
The basic one's not bad, yea ya might just of gotten a dud. He really could've used something like jointsin his elbows, that whould've made him even better, and a balljointed head so he could look forward while "flying."

the_emporer
11-28-2003, 04:02 PM
which durge? the deluxe or basic? the deluxe one i have out of the pack is fine. can't find the purpose of the gun with the long cord thingy, but other than that, he is great!
h

It's the basic one. I haven't picked up the deluxe figure yet. They put some out at my local TRU the other day, but the whole case was damaged. I'll wait until I see them again! (famous last words!)

Hellboy
11-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Pick up the Deluxe one if you have a choice. The basic carded version sucks. He's void of any notable articulation and is far inferior to Durge w/ Speeder. JT wrote up a very nice review of him in the Review section if you feel like comparing the 2.

tgr3328
12-01-2003, 10:36 AM
No doubt it is a problem inherent to the figure. I have the same problem with my basic Durge figure. He can hold the pistols well enough, but drops the bola and rifle and the jet pack falls off.

Not a bad figure, but more articulation and a better grip would be nice.

kool-aid killer
12-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Mine is still on card but i think he looks fantastic. I like how he seems to tower over the other figures. I just wonder why he has the Mandalorian symbol painted on his chest paint. I seen the Deluxe but wasnt too big on his speeder so i passed on that version.

JEDIpartner
12-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Interesting... I've not had any problems with either of my Durge figure. My only gripe is the the odd design on the rifle straps. I have no issue with either of them. The lack of paint is kinda stupid on the deluxe one, but that gave me a project to do last week. It looks sweet now.

If you are having problems with the jetpack staying on, try using a little rubber cement on the peg/hole. That should help.

If you don't plan on playing with the figure, you can do what I did. I placed the bola over the right holster. It fits there quite snuggly. I have a pistol in the right hand and the rifle in the left.

Hellboy
12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
If you don't plan on playing with the figure, you can do what I did. I placed the bola over the right holster. It fits there quite snuggly. I have a pistol in the right hand and the rifle in the left.

Thats funny that is exactly what I did with mine JP. :cool:

BTW kool-aid killer, though the symbol painted on Durge's chest does closely resemble the Mandalorian symbol they are a bit different. :)

JEDIpartner
12-02-2003, 09:48 AM
great minds, Hellboy? :happy:

I'm wondering if the symbol is related to the Mandalorians. Maybe it's a case of the Duro/Neimoidians again?

kdp100
12-06-2003, 06:41 AM
great minds, Hellboy? :happy:

I'm wondering if the symbol is related to the Mandalorians. Maybe it's a case of the Duro/Neimoidians again?

Does anyone know for sure if the logo on Boba Fett's shoulder *is* a symbol of his Mandalorian heritage, or of something else?
I may be mistaken here, but I seem to have a vague recollection of its being used by Palitoy/Kenner as part of their "Bounty Hunter" special offers in the early 1980s.

Considering that Boba's shoulder logo is very similar to the ones that appear on Durge's breastplate and the holsters of the Djas Puhr figure, maybe the symbol represents the Bounty Hunters' Guild, or just the bounty hunting profession in general?

hango fett
12-06-2003, 08:50 AM
i have the basic one out now and it truly sucks. it can barely stand, has the worst articulation i have ever seen, and the guns won't fit in his hands...deluxe is sooooo much better it's not funny.
h

JEDIpartner
12-09-2003, 08:20 AM
As I so often say; "Funny... but I don't have those problems with mine. Durge stands just fine and I have no issues with the placement of the guns in his hands..."

:confused:

:happy:

LTBasker
12-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Have ya tried using the clear rubber bands? I haven't had to use them for my Durge figure but they tend to work well on other figures, so you may want to give that a try.

Jayspawn
12-09-2003, 12:55 PM
I'm passing on all the Durge figures. I dont think he looks like a Star Wars character at all. He doesnt exist in my Universe.