PDA

View Full Version : December 2003: Monthly DVD Round-Up

Beast
11-30-2003, 01:13 AM
I've seen this done as a regular thing on quite a few message boards. And I figured it would be a nice monthly thing to do here. We can list our planned purchases for that month and discuss them if it comes to that. It always seems to be pretty successful on the place I've seen it being done. And lets those of us who are DVD fanatics, get some idea of what's coming that we may have missed. So here goes my list. Thankfully I'm getting Alien Quadrilogy for Christmas and I have Reward Certificates saved up for Suncoat/Media Play. :)

December 2nd:
Alien Quadrilogy
Ben Stiller Show: The Complete Series
Farscape - Season 4: Collection 1
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
Young Sherlock Holmes

December 9th:
- Nothing -

December 16th:
Escape from New York: Special Edition
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (WS)
South Park: The Complete Third Season

December 24th:
- Nothing -

December 31st:
Beyond Re-Animator

Hellboy
11-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Well I'll be getting:

Alien Quadrilogy (hopefully for x-mas too)
Ben Stiller Show: The Complete Series (hilarious show)
Young Sherlock Holmes (long overdue release)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Yes, I'm one of the few that actually liked this film)

Maybe:

Escape from New York: SE

What's the deal with this one JJB? Has the deleted subway sequence and capture of Snake at the beginning been cut into the film this time or is it just a new transfer?

I'm definately not buying Pirates of the Caribbean. To me this was the most overrated movie of the year.

I love Farscape but wouldn't watch the whole series over enough times to make a purchase worthwhile. I'll rent

Pendo
11-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Here's my list for December. There's only 2 for me this month :).

1st December
Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl

8th December
Alien Quadrilogy

PENDO!

Beast
11-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Escape from New York: SE
What's the deal with this one JJB? Has the deleted subway sequence and capture of Snake at the beginning been cut into the film this time or is it just a new transfer?
It's a new 2-disc set, with anamorphic transfer from a high definition source. And while the deleted subway sequence hasn't been cut back into the film. It is a much better more complete version then has ever been seen before. It also has a Kurt Russel/John Carpenter audio commentary and a commentary with producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves. You can read more about it at the following link. :)

http://dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_7/escapefromnewyork_se.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
11-30-2003, 04:07 PM
I plan on getting Pirates. I want Aliens but it is a tad bit too pricey for my tastes.

BanthaPoodoo
12-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Dec 16th

Dawson's Creek - The Second Season

:p Little guilty pleasure! LOL!

evenflow
12-01-2003, 01:43 PM
I will be picking up Alien Quadrilogy, Pirates of Carribean, and I still need X-Men 2. X-mas is around the corner, so i am waiting to pick them up though. Hopefully someone will get them for me.

El Chuxter
12-01-2003, 03:04 PM
So far, all I know of is Pirates. I'd like to get Aliens and South Park, but my budget is getting tighter. :( Were Aliens just five discs for the first two movies, I could justify it, but I can't talk myself into buying it with half the set devoted to a horrible movie (Alien 3) and a mediocre one (Alien: Resurrection).

BlahBlahBlah
12-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm with El Chuxter. While the set is certainly nice, it's not worth it for two good movies and two horrible ones.

This month, I'll be getting Pirates and Bad Boys II.

James Boba Fettfield
12-01-2003, 04:19 PM
I could justify it, but I can't talk myself into buying it with half the set devoted to a horrible movie (Alien 3) and a mediocre one (Alien: Resurrection).

Which is why I'll probably be buying the single releases of Alien and Aliens next month.

This month all I have lined up is some older dvd releases I'll be buying for Christmas, none of the new releases.

Pendo
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Another DVD to add to my list which has just been anounced for this December:

29th December
Most Haunted - Series 2, Volume 2

:)

PENDO!