PDA

View Full Version : what is the best Clone wars Figure out there

sr9
11-30-2003, 01:06 PM
hi guys i this is my 2 post so iam makeing it good so my best figures so farOn my Xmas list is anakin Skywalker Clone Wars and Mace Windu Clone wars

so is Obi wan clone wars a good pick too what about others yoda sasee tiin Asajj etc.

darthzirock
11-30-2003, 01:28 PM
So far, my money's on Asajj Ventress, but that might change as soon as I see the Saesee Tiin/Kit Fisto/Super Poseable Clone Trooper wave, which hasn't been released in my area yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-30-2003, 01:41 PM
I, personally, like all of them. Anakin is good, but he can't really fit in the starfighter. Mace's head pops off, but pops back on easily. Obi-Wan is a great figure with cool gear, I have no complaints about him. Yoda is cool-looking but doesn't do too much. Durge is nice but the speeder bike version is better (as far as articulation goes). ARC troopers are also very cool, especially the red version. I don't yet have Asajj but she looks like a good one too. You can't really go wrong with any of them. :)

Kidhuman
11-30-2003, 02:18 PM
I like Asajj and the ARC. I havent seen the red on, but I am betting its the same as the blue.

plo koon 200
11-30-2003, 04:09 PM
From what I have seen Super Poseable Clonetrooper is the best pic of them all. You cannot beat an army builder with a lot of articulation. I also think the Arc Troopers are cool.

amidalak
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
asajj is my pick right now, without having kit fisto, saesee tinn, or the supart clonetrooper. i'd pass on obi wan, even though he is my fav character, his lack of balljointed shoulders and stupid "i just got done with my dance routine" pose really turned me off to this fig. mace is okay if you can look past the bobblehead, durge is kinda blah, yoda is okay, and anakin is okay. i like the CW line and hope it continues, i just hope hasbro will commit themselves to the best possible articulation possible on this line if it does continue. oh, and personally i'm not crazy about the bobblehead type figs.

JediTricks
11-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Deluxe Durge, one of the best figures of the year.

Turbowars
11-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Deluxe Durge, one of the best figures of the year.Really? Why? I have one, but haven't opened it yet or I don't think I will. I think the best so far is the ARC's. The Reds cool, but I like the Darker color of the grayish blue. Oh and BTW welcome to SSG SR9! The future best pick will probably be the SA Clone!

Val Da Car
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Deluxe Durge....an outstanding (currently shipping) figure that beats any of the CW figures for articulation and features......

The ARC Trooper is a great figure overall but I had to paint my own figure to get it red the way I wanted it.

Jedi Tech
12-01-2003, 12:20 AM
From the ones I have:

1. S.A. CloneTrooper
2. Arc Trooper (Any of the two colors)
3. SaeSee Tiin

darthzirock
12-01-2003, 12:58 AM
The deluxe Durge is pretty sweet, I'll grant you, but if I had to choose just one, I'd still pick Asajj over it. Even though she's an EU character, she still says Star Wars to me more than Durge does.

plasticfetish
12-01-2003, 02:01 AM
As long as they're on your X-mas list, just ask for all of them ... they're all pretty cool. I like some of them more than others though.
Great...
Anakin
Asajj
Arc Trooper
Good...
Yoda
Fair...
Mace
Could be better...
Obi-Wan

Haven't seen/held the others yet, so I can't say for sure. I have picked up the DX Durge ... he's not open yet, as he's on someone else's X-mas list ... so unless I find another one, I'll be waiting 'til the 25th to find out how cool he is. (He looks cool.)
Oh, the pain.
BTW... I think Turbowars is right, (from those pics he posted) that SA clone looks like a big winner.

aceguide
12-01-2003, 08:51 AM
So far I'd say that you cannot go wrong with any of the CW figures. As for the best of the best - Arc Trooper or Asajj.

Turbowars
12-01-2003, 09:21 PM
From the ones I have:

1. S.A. CloneTrooper
2. Arc Trooper (Any of the two colors)
3. SaeSee TiinSo, you have a S.A. Clonetrooper?

Adam
12-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Deluxe Durge is the best Star Wars figure that I have bought in years, and I just opened him like 5 mins ago. :cool:

Battle Droid
12-02-2003, 01:29 AM
Definately Deluxe Durge.

Anakin2121
12-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Deluxe Durge and the ARC are the only ones I have at the moment...I find the ARC a bit overrated. I don't see what the big deal is about him.

The Durge is cool, though. :)

aceguide
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
What makes the deluxe Durge better than the regular one? I have yet to see him out...

darthzirock
12-02-2003, 02:31 PM
What makes the deluxe Durge better than the regular one? I have yet to see him out...

aceguide, it might just be easier if you read JediTricks' review (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21990) of the Deluxe Durge w/ Swoop Bike, m'kay?

JediTricks
12-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Deluxe Durge and the ARC are the only ones I have at the moment...I find the ARC a bit overrated. I don't see what the big deal is about him.Those are the only 2 I have as well, and I also don't see it with the ARF Trooper, if it hadn't been on sale at Target, I wouldn't have bought it at all. It's fairly disappointing IMO.

Glad to see so many folks liked my review of Dlx Durge. :)

aceguide
12-03-2003, 09:29 AM
aceguide, it might just be easier if you read JediTricks' review (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21990) of the Deluxe Durge w/ Swoop Bike, m'kay?

Thanks for the link. Articulation! Now I must find Mr. Deluxe!!

Jedi Tech
12-03-2003, 09:42 AM
So, you have a S.A. Clonetrooper?

Yes Turbowars,

Two of them actually, my sister got them along with SaeSee Tiin off E-bay. She also won Luke Jabba's Palace and R1 as well (two days ago), but they will not arrive for a couple of business days. As for how much she paid she did not say as they are early Christmas gifts and I did not feel it was polite to ask her. SaeSee Tiin is a must, he's really a cool figure and looks quite menacing, the S.A. Clone Troopers is a no brainer, it will be a huge hit with collectors and kids, I can only say that they are awesome and Hasbro should have released these first. I'm glad she picked them up for me.

darthzirock
12-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Yes Turbowars,

Two of them actually, my sister got them along with SaeSee Tiin off E-bay. She also won Luke Jabba's Palace and R1 as well (two days ago), but they will not arrive for a couple of business days. As for how much she paid she did not say as they are early Christmas gifts and I did not feel it was polite to ask her. SaeSee Tiin is a must, he's really a cool figure and looks quite menacing, the S.A. Clone Troopers is a no brainer, it will be a huge hit with collectors and kids, I can only say that they are awesome and Hasbro should have released these first. I'm glad she picked them up for me.

Awww, that's so sweet of your sister! All mine ever gets me are WM shopping cards, which are next to useless for SW collectors these days! :mad:

Tycho
12-08-2003, 01:32 PM
The Super Articulated Clone Trooper!

I got 3 of him today! And my friend picked me up 3-4 more of them.

He is the best figure of 2003, and possibly the best SW figure of all time!

Ask me whatever you want to know.

There is only ONE drawback - should've been packed with a rifle, not the blaster.

Totally perfect for the marching clone scenes! Can be made to be posed doing everything from dying to swimming.

The torso both twists, and does crunches.

There's bicep twist articulation in the arms, as well as wrists. Plus ball join arms.

Bending knees, bending and twisting ankles.

Head turns and looks up and down....

Basically you can do more with him than you could a GI Joe! And that's saying something.

He's not flimsy and well put together, too.

Anakin2121
12-08-2003, 05:41 PM

I got 3 of him today!

*Sighs*

Must be nice.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-08-2003, 06:11 PM

I got 3 of him today! And my friend picked me up 3-4 more of them.

He is the best figure of 2003, and possibly the best SW figure of all time!

Ask me whatever you want to know.

There is only ONE drawback - should've been packed with a rifle, not the blaster.

Totally perfect for the marching clone scenes! Can be made to be posed doing everything from dying to swimming.

The torso both twists, and does crunches.

There's bicep twist articulation in the arms, as well as wrists. Plus ball join arms.

Bending knees, bending and twisting ankles.

Head turns and looks up and down....

Basically you can do more with him than you could a GI Joe! And that's saying something.

He's not flimsy and well put together, too.

What are the Paint jobs like on the ones you got?
Cause the Red Clonetrooper that I bought and saw on April 23rd had mediocre paint jobs.

Glad you found them and you like them! :)

By the way, the best Clone Wars figure is Anakin Skywalker! Although, I'm so looking forward to the cartoon figures. Change is always good! :cool:

Tycho
12-08-2003, 06:31 PM
On the Clones, I honestly didn't pay any attention to their paint jobs. They seem ok. It's not an option for me to be particular about the paint on an army builder. I want 30 of these troopers, and with the demand and competition for them, I doubt it's going to be easy going.

As to Anakin - I am on the fence about as to whether to get another Anakin figure and buy his darn starfighter. The other day I almost bought the figure, but I had a choice: they had Tatooine Attack Anakin and the CW Anakin. Both figures I already have at least 3 or more of, I'm sure. So at that ratio, which to get another one of (to potentially admire piloting my A.starfighter)?

I couldn't decide and elected to buy nothing at that time - I might be spending a lot ($150) for Clones, but that doesn't mean I have tons of money to throw into SW without limits. I have been saving money specifically for Star Wars purchases I've planned, so I usually stick to my list.

The Clones are on the highest priority with buy-every-one-in-sight targeting.

That's the only way to army build with a popular and well-made figure such as this. I have to share within my collecting club too, and they all want multiples ranging in numbers from anywhere from 8 to 30 or 40 like me. We just split everyone's bounty proportionately, so that when the guy that wants 8 is done, he still is hunting down figures for the rest of us.

That being the case, and without honestly having even $5 of my SW money to spare, I coughed on buying another CW Anakin.

I'm going to have to open one of mine already, and see if he's all that great. I really thought that putting the pilot headgear from one of my CW ones on a Tatooine Anakin, would look better in the Jedi Starfighter. Anyway, as it stands, I have an extra SC Anakin, so I also am wary of collecting too many extras of the same character, especially when he's changing his look in Episode 3 anyway.

AmanaMatt
12-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Of the Clone Wars line, I picked up the S.A. Clone Trooper as he is a winner

The new SaeSae Tin figure looks quite good, better than the previous and the Kit Fisto figs looks really cool to me - I dunno, he should seem lame to me by every standard of logic I respect, but I dig the sculpt.

dirtybones
12-12-2003, 11:45 PM
:D I'm on the band wagon with the SA Clone Trooper, I got one today and I can't wait to score atleast five more to help complete my arena diorama. This is by far the best figure ever!

JediTricks
12-19-2003, 03:24 AM
I haven't found the SA Clone, but since it's an army builder, I'd say that the best basic figure of one specific person is Asajj Ventress. I was very surprised at how well this figure was handled, the ball-jointed shoulders aren't oversized pin-jockeys like the prototype, the legs are articulated, the head is ball-jointed which makes it simple to remove so you can take off the overcloak, and the lightsabers are really neat (even better than the prototype design) and I found a way to get her to hold them while interconnected. The eyes looking upwards and the eyebrows aren't as cool as the artwork drawing on the bubble insert, but the saber holsters really work and the skirt is dynamic but not over-posed (the cloak is a little over-posed, but removable! :)). Also, the hand pose is perfect for lightsaber-wielding, if little else. With a ball-jointed head, universal-jointed shoulders, rotation-jointed gloves, rotation waist, standard hips, has 2 great lightsabers that fit into holsters, and a removable cape, Asajj really delivers as a SW basic figure.

Hellboy
12-20-2003, 01:43 PM
This is how the CW line stacks up for me so far:

Excellent
-SA Clone
-Asajj Ventress
-Deluxe Durge
Good
-ARC Trooper
-Saesee Tiin
Average
-Kit Fisto