PDA

View Full Version : New nice and clear photos of SA Clone Trooper!

Turbowars
11-30-2003, 10:53 PM
The frist 2 are the carded front and back, the rest are nice loose shots.

Turbowars
11-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Here's a few more.

Beast
11-30-2003, 11:18 PM
Very nice, very nice, nubian. Man this figure is going to be almost to hard to find as the Commtech Stormtrooper figure. Hopefully like that figure, they do start turning up in larger numbers later on. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
12-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Wow! That's the good stuff there. Gonna be hard to not freak out and buy a ton of those.

LTBasker
12-01-2003, 03:26 AM
I love the third picture, it looks like the armor is actually clinging to him and theres actual gravity to it. The beefness of the figure is even better since he's much realisticly proportioned. The first Clone figures are all freakishly slim (they'd have to be stick figures under the armor :p) except for knees and up parts of the Deluxe Clone.

Can't wait to get a nice squad of these, needs the blaster rifle though! They should've done 50% with blaster pistol and the other 50% with the rifle. :crazed:

Kidhuman
12-01-2003, 07:40 AM
NIce. This is a multiple purchase

Sentinel18725
12-01-2003, 08:24 AM
I think this looks incredible. I hope that they continue with these. My question, is if this figure is met with good reviews in both appearances and playability, will this be the begining of the new figures? Will more troops come like this? Will regular figures come like this?

kool-aid killer
12-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Finally a clone we can pose in a standing still position. It does look like it will be hard to find. Anybody think they may put color stripes on these too?

bobafrett
12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Sweeeeeettttt! Oh boy, now if they could just make some of the other figures this good!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Wow! That's the good stuff there. Gonna be hard to not freak out and buy a ton of those.
Who says you don't have to? :p

Hopefully these will turn up before Christmas. They look awesome! I may have to buy more Arena packs to get the long rifle and some more battle droids to go against the clonies.

Adam
12-01-2003, 10:23 PM
God, that looks AWESOME. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a couple, but will probably never see it like Ephont Mon.

Battle Droid
12-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Sweet! (now all they need to do is make a Super Articulated Battle Droid or Super Battle Droid or both.)

hango fett
12-02-2003, 06:18 AM
well, looks like i may have to have half a million of these. "i'd like to know how many of these you have in stock, wal*mart man?" "about 3 cases." "thats it? i need an entire army, dimwit! not just a squadran!"
:D
h

Anakin2121
12-02-2003, 08:18 AM
All I can say is, if you guys do decide to buy a lot of these, then just go to multiple stores, and buy one or two of these guys from each one. Don't go into every store, and buy every single clone that's in there. Keep in mind that there ARE other collectors out there, who don't need to have 100 of every figure. All they want is one. ;)

OC47150
12-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Maybe the fan club or some online store will be smart enough to offer army-builder packs of this guy!

Turbowars
12-03-2003, 10:33 PM
All I can say is, if you guys do decide to buy a lot of these, then just go to multiple stores, and buy one or two of these guys from each one. Don't go into every store, and buy every single clone that's in there. Keep in mind that there ARE other collectors out there, who don't need to have 100 of every figure. All they want is one. ;)Well, I guess if you don't shop for them, you wont get one. I'm going to buy every single one I see! They are all mine, mine I tell you. Don't even try to buy one, or even look at one because I'll be right behind you to snag it off the peg before you.Sorry about that, that's one of my other personalities. You know, the e-bay seller one.;) :p

Adam
12-04-2003, 01:51 AM
After seeing the SA Trooper, I feel like a sucker for plunking down monkey for the mediocre Clone Trooper three pack... :frus:

Anakin2121
12-04-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm going to buy every single one I see! They are all mine, mine I tell you. Don't even try to buy one, or even look at one because I'll be right behind you to snag it off the peg before you.

Yeah. Those are the people that, like, need to die. ;) :p

plo koon 200
12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
I just hope I can get one. I would not feel bad about getting Clonetrooper 3-packs. So far I have only one and am waiting to find four more. I will be very happy once all of them are in my possession. This is a bad year for collecting. There is to much rare hard to find stuff being released. What is Hasbro thinking and what are the retailers thinking for not carrying most of the stuff?

darthzirock
12-04-2003, 02:58 PM
There is to much rare hard to find stuff being released. What is Hasbro thinking and what are the retailers thinking for not carrying most of the stuff?

Oh, that's an easy one! Hasbro is thinking, "Hey, we paid a fortune for this license and we need to crank out these things and make some money!" The retailers are thinking, "We've still got Star Wars garbage littering the shelves from '02, so we're going to be very cautious and only order a case or two at a time so that we're not stuck with a bunch of junk we can't move."

genericclone99
12-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Oh, that's an easy one! Hasbro is thinking, "Hey, we paid a fortune for this license and we need to crank out these things and make some money!" The retailers are thinking, "We've still got Star Wars garbage littering the shelves from '02, so we're going to be very cautious and only order a case or two at a time so that we're not stuck with a bunch of junk we can't move."
Which is why Hasbro should buy back every last Jango pilot and Lott Dodd hogging the shelves and re-stock them with NOTHING BUT THESE BABIES. And hopefully Hasbro will learn not to make such a crap wave for Christmas 2005.

Coz I've seriously thought about buying another Watto or ten just to clear the shelves so I can actually get something new.

tgr3328
12-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Coz I've seriously thought about buying another Watto or ten just to clear the shelves so I can actually get something new.

Don't buy them, hide them behind other toys or under the bottom self the way collectors do so they can get the money together and pay for them.

Only don't come back and buy them, just hope they stay hidden.

darthzirock
12-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Don't buy them, hide them behind other toys or under the bottom self the way collectors do so they can get the money together and pay for them.

Only don't come back and buy them, just hope they stay hidden.

Only problem is that then the toys are still on the computerized inventory lists and nothing new gets ordered despite the empty pegs. Nope, best bet is to but them, wait a few days, then return them for a full refund after the new figs are put out! :D

AmanaMatt
12-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Hey, Turbowars - what was the date stamp on the Trooper? - I scored one (at F & S not retail) and the bublble pose is the other - trying to see which is first and all that (from the scan, I cannot quite make out the third digit).

Thanks,
matt

Turbowars
12-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey, Turbowars - what was the date stamp on the Trooper? - I scored one (at F & S not retail) and the bublble pose is the other - trying to see which is first and all that (from the scan, I cannot quite make out the third digit).

Thanks,
mattI don't have one yet. Those pics were from another site.

AmanaMatt
12-07-2003, 06:04 AM
I don't have one yet. Those pics were from another site.

Ahh - ok, thanks

Tycho
12-08-2003, 12:29 PM
I got 3 of him today! And my friend picked me up 3-4 more of them.

He is the best figure of 2003, and possibly the best SW figure of all time!

Ask me whatever you want to know.

There is only ONE drawback - should've been packed with a rifle, not the blaster.

Totally perfect for the marching clone scenes! Can be made to be posed doing everything from dying to swimming.

The torso both twists, and does crunches.

There's bicep twist articulation in the arms, as well as wrists. Plus ball join arms.

Bending knees, bending and twisting ankles.

Head turns and looks up and down....

Basically you can do more with him than you could a GI Joe! And that's saying something.

He's not flimsy and well put together, too.

Banthaholic
12-09-2003, 12:01 AM
I found this guy today, and he rocks. Target got in a case, all three clones were the kneeling one's.
My only thought are that these babies will fly off of the shelf. I'm not sure why Hasbor packed these 3 clone, 3 kit, 4 saesee, 1 durge, 2 obi wan. Personally thought they should have included the Ventrass in the wave, or the red arc, since they apprear to be harder to find.

Tycho
12-09-2003, 03:22 AM
I may have made a huge mistake with my Clone Army

First, my Wal-Mart was stocking them tonight just before midnite, and I bought 4 more.

There were 4 or 5 more cases of the Clone Trooper wave on the pallets.

After my little raid, the 6 pegs of SW figures they had were still full of SaeSee, Obi-Wan, new Kit Fisto, and Durge.

I circled the pallets and circled them again, but elected not to get caught on Wal-Mart security cameras opening the cases when they had no room to stock the remaining figures.

THE CLONES WERE 2 PER CASE IN THESE ASSORTMENTS:

2 Clones
2 Kits
2 SaeSee
2 Obi-Wan
2 Durge
2 others - that I couldn't tell???

I got 4 Clones and left 4 SaeSee, 4 Kits anyway. There were a lot of Obi-Wans. So I'm not sure....

Anyway, instead of opening the cases on the pallets (as I might've done in days' past) I went and got a manager and asked if I could buy more clones.

She said no because the pegs were still full. They weren't supposed to have open product in the back, were they to take the non-bought figures back on the pallet. She offered to hold a case prior to stocking them tomorrow night, until I came in, at which point I could have those Clones - because I was nice and didn't attack their pallet.

So I should end up with at least 2 more, but I could've gotten 8-10 more tonight, were I seriously emboldened and disrespectful (and lucky enough to get away with it).

So did I make a mistake? I have 7 Clones, possibly 10 when I get 3 more from my friends find the other day. And tomorrow morning, by hitting the stores as they open, I should pull in about 2-4 more at least. 6 might be a realistic optimist's hope.

I want 30 altogether. Is it time to get more ruthless?

Jayspawn
12-09-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm looking forward to this figure the most. Looks like Hasbro put a lotta love into this one.

jedi master sal
12-09-2003, 05:05 PM
No, Tycho, you did the respectable thing. You should be commended for that. If you were caught raiding the pallets in my area, you'd be pegged as a scalper immediately and NOONE would deal with you. I've seen people do this and it's deplorable IMHO. Besides, you and I are both army builders. It's not like we don't get out there enought o find these figs. (Although at the moment I don't have any SA Clones-can you spare one...) Anyway, if you did raid the pallets, how would you feel then if you saw others doing the same thing. Especially if it was right before you got there, only to find that the best or most wanted figs were gone. Wouldn't you think "scalper". I'm certain by now that many are the times that we blame scalpers when in reality it is other "ruthless" collectors, who want for themselves. On a rare occasion I've been known to ask a clerk to "check in the back" for more stock. Most times they don't have any and I don't want to be known as "one of those collectors". Hang tight "T", you'll get all the SA Clones you want.
Besides, you're well ahead of the game with 7 already and another 3 or 4 more.

T.I.E. (Take it easy),
Sal

Tycho
12-10-2003, 02:48 AM
Thanks Sal.

I have a happy ending to this story.

It seems you were right.

First, I gave up my 3 coming from my friend to go to another guy in our group, my best friend actually, so that he would have up to 6, approaching equal standing with my 7.

Then tonight I went back to that Wal-Mart where I'd been respectful to the employees, and she had a very nice surprise for me.

Let's just say "and as my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing [pegwarming] threat!"

I am sure there will come times where I am not rewarded for being nice, or I'll get it in me to play dirty again (maybe), but tonight my being just about the best I can be has rewarded me very well for my efforts!

Adam
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Anyway, instead of opening the cases on the pallets (as I might've done in days' past) I went and got a manager and asked if I could buy more clones.

So wait... are we not supposed to be opening cases? I do it a lot at my walmart, and no one has ever said anything to me. Did you have a thread about this somewhere that I missed?

Tycho
12-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Well, if 4 pegs will hold 48 figures, and there just happens to be that many out there on the pegs, the SW cases they get in on toy pallets will still happen to be brought to the floor.

The guys that unload the trucks can't predict what the toy stockers will need - so everything's on the pallets.

Now if I went and raided the cases for Clones (3 per case) there would be 3 SeaSee, 3 Kits, and Obi-Wan, Durge, and Mace (9 figures) that would not have any place to go but on a shelf on top of some other product's home, or on the floor or something. The employees are trying to keep the store looking neat, and their managers will come around and check. Customers are not supposed to be making it hard for them by leaving piles of figures that have no place on the sales floor.

What I'd found this manager did was made 6 more pegs of SW figures with label stickers telling their price, etc. to put the remaining figures from each case that I didn't buy, out on their own pegs. THAT WAS NOT ACCORDING TO HER PLANOGRAM, I'M SURE. Most stores have 6 pegs of SW, not 12.

Of course there's the old saying "the customer's always right," or "always give a customer what they want - they're paying you after all." And I do think the gal I dealt with knew that. I just had made it know what I wanted and how I was going about trying to get it in a way that made it easier for her to do her job, and she provided great customer service in return.

But because of employee shoplifting or something, they're not supposed to have opened cases in the back really, and it wouldn't look good if a customer had them go in the back to bring out new cases to check, and those cases had already been opened and all the Clones were missing. It looks like an employee bought them for himself, when that's not really what happened.

Overall, I listened to what she was telling me she had to do for her job, and I very politely let her know that I was trying to get 31 Clones, and what I was going to do with them. I ask for damaged cards etc. and it pretty much paints a clear picture that I'm not scalping them - because I'm opening all of them (I don't even keep a carded collection). But no I did not get 31 Clone Troopers last night (that'd be crazy!) but I'm a little more than halfway done and I've got people at different stores willing to help me get there.

Silent Chazz
12-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I hate to go off subject, but are Saga Clonetroopers and Sneak Preview Regular Clonetroopers available anymore at certain places (without having to search online cuz that seems a little more expensive). I'm asking because its impossible for me to find CW line of Figures and I want Clones to battle the Battle Droid Army I'm trying to build (8 down, 12 to go before I get a big enough Battle Droid Army).

Tycho
12-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Saga Clone Troopers (Red Stripe Captains) might be found at some KB Toys, but with their $2.99 clearance sales, they were usually the first to go.

But then, strangely enough, army builders like myself didn't take advantage of that when it was offered, because we wanted all-white Clones and the 3 packs worked out to being about the same price per trooper.

The Sneak Preview ones I've never seen again since very early 2002. When they shipped, I ran around to every store like I'm going after CW Clones now. I bought every one I saw and amounted 35 of them to put in my dioramas. Used them all, too - or I'd not continuously be searching for 3-packs and CW SA sculpts. In any case, I did not see them return to my stores.

But I don't think they stopped shipping them back then. After I got the number I'd figured I'd needed at the time, I stopped going to the stores. So I'm sure more got out in my area than just what I bought.

But occasionally SunCoast Music would have them back then - or GameStop (if I recall correctly) but they marked them up a bit. Anyway, they were ALL gone by April 2002 when the Saga Wave first debuted.

Oh - reminds me, I got a lot of my Clones from online retailers anyway. I didn't want to go to the stores every single morning for just one figure :rolleyes:

Silent Chazz
12-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Ahh ok, thanks. Looks like despite being expensive (to me anyways), I guess my only option then IS to order online for some Clone Troopers and Battle Droids.

Tycho
12-10-2003, 02:30 PM
What about the Droid and Clone Army Builder 3-packs? That's what they are there for.

Toys R Us is constantly getting those in. Target has some too.

Silent Chazz
12-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Alright, thanks. I'll check those out next time I'm in Amarillo, TX (because Amarillo wWalmarts or Targets DEFINATELY will have up to date SW figs as aposed to Guymon, OK's Walmart and Liberal, KS's Walmart Supercenter).

Adam
12-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Picked up 2 SA Troopers tonight. Awesome figure. Deffinately one of the all time best.

Darth_Billy_Jack
12-16-2003, 01:31 AM
if they make a stormtrooper as good as this im going to have to take a 2nd mortgage on my house...
please action figure gods! hear my plea! let hasbro make a stormtrooper as good as the SA clonetrooper! as an offering i have
sacraficed many many ninja turtles upon the flame and inhaled the fumes, trying to gain a glimpse into your devine plan!

Billy_Dee_Binks
12-22-2003, 02:01 PM
I just noticed it will be a little hard for those figures to plug in on the Gunship´s
bay area pegs since he doesn´t have holes in his feet.
Hopefully there will be a variation of the white Clone soldier with holes and a
standart Clone rifle. :rolleyes:

I have to wait till January when mine gets delivered from someone I know in the states.