PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the X-Files anymore?

JediTricks
12-02-2001, 11:48 PM
Is anybody watching this show anymore? I got bored so I clicked it on when it started tonight, and I have to tell you, I wish I had listened to my inner voice when I watched the season premiere, this show is just no good now! I can't stand this Agent Monica Reyes character, and the whole theme of the ep feels so forced - such a Scully ep. All in all, I'm wondering if anybody out there is still enjoying the show.

GNT
12-02-2001, 11:55 PM
X-Files is not what it used to be :( which is a big disapointment that Mulders gone :(, wasn't Scully leaving(where way behind)?

BRING BACK MULDER

AmanaMatt
12-03-2001, 03:05 AM
continuing this show in its current format is a huge miscalculation, IMO.

Make mine Alias!

Starfig873
12-03-2001, 06:46 AM
I quit watching after Mulder finally found out what happened to his sister. I think that one was a two parter, and IMO was a beautiful episode.

But, since the new season, I haven't seen a single one.

LTBasker
12-03-2001, 07:10 AM
I stopped watching it awhile back when it started getting really wierd and hard to follow for someone can't watch every episode due to other things needing to be done but I think i definitely won't start watching it again with Mulder gone and them really abusing that "Scully's baby" stuff.

Wolfwood319
12-03-2001, 01:56 PM
I was never a huge fan, but I watched most of the shows. I thought it was good up until the movie. After the movie came out, the show finished with its original plot thread, and got boring and predictable.

When Robert Patrick came on, I watched the first couple of the episodes with him, and while I liked his acting, the show for the most part is just awful. The original characters that are still around are boring and hardly in the show at all.

I don't watch the show anymore, suffice to say.

THE Slayer
12-03-2001, 02:57 PM
Well, I was a huge fan, but not anymore. This season has been a big letdown and between this and Alias, I'll watch Alias, It's just more fun.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-03-2001, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
I quit watching after Mulder finally found out what happened to his sister. I think that one was a two parter, and IMO was a beautiful episode.

But, since the new season, I haven't seen a single one.

yeah SF. That was a great episode. I missed the first part, but the second was really cool.

Since Mulder left I really don't care a whole lot. I don't even know who's left. CSM died (I think), Krycek got nailed, Maria Covarrubias isn't around (what happened to her?), the whole consipracy dies in the "Full Disclosure" episode. All we have are these goofy leftovers like Animal Mother from FMJ, Xena, and that Billy guy.

So is Mulder now gone for good? Did DD say he wouldn't return at all? Is this the last season? Does it even matter at this point?

Gimme CI. That show rocks over X-Files!

Mike Troxell
12-03-2001, 05:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I think the last two seasons were better than the final season with Mulder in it full-time. I'm still a full-out X-Files geek.

Duchovney said he wouldn't be back for any more episodes, but said he would be interested in continuing the Mulder line in any further X-Files movies.

SWAFMAN
12-03-2001, 07:34 PM
The last few shows for me have been just excruciating to watch. Like seeing a hall of fame QB who has stayed with the game a few years too long and now throws nothing but interceptions or gets sacked.

Is it just me, or has anyone else felt that they're starting to recycle old Mulder/Scully plots by barely changing them and shooting them with Patrick & Gish? This one yesterday sure seemed to have a few familiar plot elements.

When a show starts to go bad like this, then I tend to start picking it apart even more. Like Gish's character's outfits. FBI dress like Scully, Mulder and whoever Robert Patrick's character is named, in conservative suits for men and conservative pants suits for women - not like refugees from a Joan Jett fan convention. What's with that leather jacket all time? If I wanna see Johnny Cash in drag I can watch "The Weakest Link."

Finally, the acting is absolutely tragic. I'm sorry but as much as I like Robert Patrick, he is simply not cutting it. It really seems like they've all been told this is the last season and they've given up any pretense of caring about how well they do their jobs until then. Hopefully they are just in a slump and can pull it back, but I'm not betting on that.

I think Alias is GREAT. Was it on yesterday? I watched x-files (unfortunately).

JediTricks
12-04-2001, 12:01 AM
Alias WAS on yesterday, it had 3 short missions, virtually none of the soap opera stuff, some concentration on the newspaper story about Danny, and a big focus on a threat of SD6 looking for a mole. There was also a lot of Anna Espinoza and K-directorate. Strangely, they made a huge deal about next week's ep being on at 10pm instead of 9pm, and then on the Practice, they made a small deal about The Practice being on next week at 9pm instead of 10. What a weird switch, it's so minor, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

GNT
12-04-2001, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
CSM died (I think)

Did he die??? When was this???

Sliver FBI
12-05-2001, 12:54 AM
I stopped watching three seasons ago.

JEDIpartner
12-05-2001, 09:39 AM
I actually LIKE Annabeth Gish and the Agent Reyes character. I look at it as a different show. It's certainly NOT the same X-Files that we had come to love...

Oh, well. I'm not into "Alias" 'cos I think the chick is annoying as all heck... I wish she'd just start singing "Get The Party Started"- what??? She's NOT Pink??? Oh, never mind. :frus:

Mike Troxell
12-05-2001, 03:32 PM
I think it was the same episode Mulder was abducted, CGB Spender (Smoking Man) was killed by Marita Coverubius and Alex Krychek.

bibfortuna
12-06-2001, 12:37 PM
I stopped watching about halfway through last season. I LIKED Mulder, and I don't think Scully can carry the show without him.

I liked his dry and quirky sense of humor. I liked the slightly funny and/or twisted episodes (i.e. Jose Chung's "From Outer Space", the one with the cockroaches, the one with the mutant who enjoyed Cher, etc).

Now, it seems they are all gross-out episodes. Not what I signed up for.

Rob

derek
12-06-2001, 04:58 PM
i'm a huge fan of the show, but i bet this will be the last season. gillian anderson's contract is up after this year and she has said she's not coming back.

what i don't like is that the conspiracy with the aliens seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird. that was the best part of the series, along with mulder's quest.

hey size 18 kenobi,

since you're also a big fan, maybe you can answer a few questions for me. a few years ago, the smoking man was in hiding and living in a cabin, apparently on the outs with the syndicate. what happened there?

and before krychek killed the smoking man, the blond chick got him out of prison. why was krychek in there?

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2001, 07:09 PM
I stopped watching after that silly wrestling episode last season I think! OMG that was the worst thing I'd ever seen! And it was filmed in my neighborhood...the whole neighborhood was so excited to see G. Anderson and D. Duchovny and then.....da da da... it was a bunch of doubles doing the same fighting scene over and over and over and a priest riding his bike down our street. So, the whole neighborhood went back in fully disappointed! After that, NEVER AGAIN!:dead

:dead: :mad: :dead: :mad: :dead: :mad: :dead: :mad:

Mike Troxell
12-07-2001, 10:38 PM
While I've seen every episode, I've seen very few more than once. My memory of those events is extremely hazy and not to be trusted. Sorry :/