PDA

View Full Version : Van Hellsing Figure Line-Up! (merged)

Beast
12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
No pictures yet, and no info on scale. But from the look of the movie the figures will probably be pretty cool looking. The info from Diamond Comics, lists the MSRP. I'm sure they will be cheaper in the actual stores. No info on who will be carrying them, but I'm betting it's probably going to be stores like Media Play, Suncoast, Spencer's. Not any of the big national retailers. The character designs for the movie are really good, so I hope the figures are going to be cool. But being from Jakks Pacific, I'll wait for pictures to decide if I buy or not. :)

Series 1:
Van Helsing w/crossbow
Dracula in human form w/pygmy bats
Frankenstein w/twisting torso
Velken/Wolf w/removable latex skin

Series 1 Deluxe:
Van Helsing w/grappling hook
Dracula Playset w/tomb
Frankenstein Playset w/breakaway ice

Series 2:
Van Helsing w/large togo blade
Dracula w/flying feature
Frankenstein w/viewable gears
Velken transforming feature
Dracula w/retractable wings
Anna Velarious w/weapons

SERIES 1 Figures ..........SRP: $8.99Ea.
SERIES 2 Figures..........SRP: $8.99Ea.
SERIES 1 DLX. Figures..........SRP: $12.99Ea.
Shipping in February.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Will they look like the wrestling figs made before?? Big and out of proportion?? :crazed:

Beast
12-02-2003, 04:13 PM
I was just thinking, and someone elsewhere mentioned something that made me reconsider. The line sounds like it's going to have quite a lot of kid-friendly play features. And it's made by Jakks Pacific. So it will probably show up in the bigger retailers. Like TRU, Wal-Mart, etc. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
12-02-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm certain I'll end up passing on these - not a big fan of Jakks. Most of their stuff looks pretty crappy.
However, I personally cannot wait for the 12 inch figures from Sideshow!

Beast
01-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Pictures of most of the Van Hellsing line is up over at Figures.com now:

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showgallery.php/cat/1040/password//page/1

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-Durge-
01-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Wow, thease are awesome!!!

I will buy most if not all of them...

What do you think JarJar?

RooJay
02-02-2004, 12:43 PM
They look like total crap, and I'm certain they'll blow even more in real life.

Sideshow's Van Helsing figures are way better, and they've definitely already got my money. Too bad for Jakk's - They bite it big time.

-Durge-
02-03-2004, 12:39 AM
I have taken a better look say say these figures suck big time.

Beast
02-03-2004, 12:48 AM
It's Jakks. That's all that can be said. While they are better then their last figure lines, they still look pretty awful. I had high hopes, but yeah.....unless these improve they can forget it. I might get the castle for the Army of Darkness line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Didn't Jakks do The Scorpion King figures as well? Yeah, these go perfectly with that.

-Durge-
02-04-2004, 11:41 PM
The Scorpion King line sucked!! BIG TIME!!:bored:

plasticfetish
02-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Saw these today at TRU. They are, in a word... LAME. There was tons of them on the pegs also, I can't imagine TRU selling even half of them. Ooof.

RooJay
02-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Ya know, I've been seeing these at TRU also, and I think I'm going to take back what I said in my previous post. Surprisingly, they aren't half bad! Unfortunately that still means that they are only slightly more than half good, but certainly much better than I'd anticipated. I'm still certain I won't be buying any of them...and of course, Jakk's still sucks big time.

On the other hand - I still can't wait to get my hands on Sideshow's Van Helsing. I'm really hoping they add more characters to their line-up; a Richard Roxburgh Dracula figure would be the bee's knees! Their 18" Van Helsing looks pretty sweet too, though it's certain to be out of my price range and will no doubt be limited to no more than 300. :(

JediTricks
02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh my gourd, I finally saw these yesterday, conveniently next to the wrestling and Scorpion King figures, and these SUCKED! These were embarassing to be seen with, I felt stupid even looking at them. What is it with Jakks anyway?!?

-Durge-
02-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if therer will be a 12" Wolfman?

RooJay
02-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh my gourd, I finally saw these yesterday, conveniently next to the wrestling and Scorpion King figures, and these SUCKED! These were embarassing to be seen with, I felt stupid even looking at them. What is it with Jakks anyway?!?

I told you - Jakk's sucks. ;)

JediTricks
02-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but why, and how do they stay in business? ;)

-Durge-
02-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know if therer will be a 12" Wolfman?Anyone know who is in the 12" line?

B'Omarr Monkey
02-21-2004, 12:39 PM
I was in TRU yesterday and saw that the Van Helsing basic figures are out. I was pretty excited about them, until I saw them. Needless to say, they left me underwhelmed. The sculpting and painting was pretty sloppy looking.

I may still get them, since I also collect monster toys, but have a feeling that they'll end up still available at a vastly reduced price by August. Thankfully I had just made a major score of SW toys at Wal-Mart, so I didn't really have the money to spend on the Van Helsing toys, anyway.

I'll look at them again and see if a second viewing changes my opinion.

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I will ask yet agian, is Wolfman in the 12" line?

Reefer Shark
02-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Saw these at tru also....... a BIG thumbs down. Ah well.... I really can't afford another line anyway, so it works out fine that they suck imo ;) .

Hey Durge,
I don't think anyone here knows the answer to your question bud (at least I don't). I believe the only 12" Sideshow that's been announced so far is ole Van himself. :)

-Durge-
02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
No, I have seen the 12" Jakks Dracula and Frankinstin. I just dont know aboyt the Wolfman.

B'Omarr Monkey
02-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I think the answer is 'no' on the 12" Wolfman as well as the other monsters. Sideshow is doing 12" Van Helsing and the Kate Beckinsale character, busts of Frankenstein's monster (w/light up feature) and a weird bust of the three of Dracula's brides. This in addition to the 1/4 scale ultra-expensive Van Helsing that is limited to 250 pieces, I believe.

The Jakks Pacific classic Frankenstein, Wolfman, and Dracula were not as bad as I feared, but compared to Sideshow's 8" versions from a few years ago, look like something made in the 1970s.

I really wish that Sideshow kept their 8" monster line going.