PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of The Republic Gunship,Zams Speeder and The Counts Solar Sailer...

GNT
12-03-2001, 12:13 AM
I'm not sure if you saw these but here are the pictures of The Republic Gunship,Zams Speeder and The Counts Solar Sailer, I found these somewhere?

Thoughts?

GNT
12-03-2001, 12:16 AM
Zams speeder, a very nice slick design to it,my favourite so far :)

GNT
12-03-2001, 12:19 AM
The republic Gunship,Not my favourite vehicle but the top view mkes it look like the x-wing fighters :)

Co Jo-Da
12-03-2001, 12:37 AM
The Republic Gun ships look so cool and Zam Speeder looks like it can flat-out move but I love the Count's Solar Sail Ship the best so far... But I'd love to see more of the Republic Cruisers that the CloneTrooper's are filling up and Obi-Wan's Jedi Fighter...

Jedi Clint
12-03-2001, 02:32 AM
Is it just me, or does Dooku's ship look a bit "slow"? I mean the "sailor" portion of it makes me think of the difference between sailing across the ocean, and taking a Navy ship. What is the theory behind a vessel like that?

Jargo
12-03-2001, 08:09 AM
Using a large energy catching 'sail' the ship is powered by the energy of suns. there are what is called solar winds in space which could in theory be utilised to push large vessels vast distances. This saves on having to use large engines to shift the vessel which in actual fact is unneccesary as in space the gravity is such that a finger push can send a vessel moving. But, if you want the solar winds explaining there's a crap episode of star trek DS9 where Sisko builds a solar sail vessel and travels a great distance from planet to planet. Unbelievably the sails billow on Sisko's vesel.....!!!! which of course couldn't happen as the winds in space are hypothetical and merely radiation waves of a sort I personally don't understand not being a science nut or that interested in space phenomenon to retain the relevent info. :)

Does that help? :)

Tycho
12-03-2001, 11:28 AM
GNT: Thank you for posting these! Very Cool!

JEDI CLINT: I think another advantage of Dooku's ship being a solar sail is that it doesn't make emissions. In other words, no one can follow him. Perfect stealth for a Sith, especially when the Jedi are looking for him!

BTW, I like these vehicles, the gunship being my least favorite. I do like the Senator's new Royal Starship seen in the trailer a lot, though!

Jargo
12-03-2001, 02:17 PM
isn't it a little of a paradox for an arch villain to be using a non emission vessel? Kinda like if Maul had used a blunt saber or something :) It seems a little odd. I take what Tycho is getting at though and for the sake of invisibility to tracking devices it sounds plausible. But a ship with a bloody great parachute on the back of it isn't going to be hard to spot through a viewport though is it? :p "THERE SHE BLOWS!"

LTBasker
12-03-2001, 08:58 PM
Well actually NASA had sent out a solar sailor probe some months ago, and I think it worked. Not sure though.

Welp, now onto the ships.

Dooku's ship looks ugly, I wish they had connected the sail to the ship itself so that it wouldn't require that unneccasary stuff.

Zam's ship, eh, i had a good feeling that'd be her ship.

The Republic ship, looks more like a very bulky E-wing...

Jedi Clint
12-03-2001, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the explanations. I think he may only use this ship one time during the entire film, at the end when he travels to Coruscant to meet with Sidious. I guess I will have to search the net for the science behind this technology.

GNT
12-04-2001, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
GNT: Thank you for posting these! Very Cool!

No problem Tycho :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-04-2001, 08:52 AM
Arrrgh! These won't load for me...:( :( :( :(

:cry:

JEDIpartner
12-04-2001, 09:03 AM
I can't get these to load either!

Oh, well.

GNT
12-05-2001, 02:04 AM
I opened them up to see if they would work and they did,Rollo Tomassi and JEDIpartnr just shoot me an Email and I'll send them to you :)

Jargo
12-05-2001, 08:34 PM
See - I'm not the only one that can't open images you post GNT. It must be the bitmap format you use. There are more than one type of bitmap y'know. The only way I can see what you post is to right click on your links and use the 'save target as' function. Then once it's on my hard drive I can see it fine using Paint shop pro or windows paint or whatever. So obviously your bitmaps don't agree with whichever browser we have in common which for me is I.E.5.5. And if it aint that then there's something fishy going on somewhere.

And while were on the subject, bitmaps are large files, any chance you could post smaller jpeg files instead? :)

LTBasker
12-05-2001, 09:41 PM
I'll post all 3 pics in .jpg form if it's ok.

-Didn't upload. :frus:

Rollo Tomassi
12-05-2001, 10:23 PM
yeah! post smaller Rollo-friendly jpeg files!:D

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 03:37 AM
I hate the BMP format, so unforgiving and large in filesize.

Part of the problem is that while the attachment is NAMED "___.bmp", the link takes you to the forum attachment system, which does NOT have the suffix of .bmp, so some IEs may not see that right until they're saved to the HD and viewed with the correct file suffix. Those of us with Netscape can't see BMPs at all using that program because BMPs suck and aren't written into the Netscape viewing program.

Jargo
12-06-2001, 02:47 PM
AAAAAAAH, I see....... Thanks for the explanation JT. :) Glad I don't use netscape. You seem to have no end of trouble with it not seeing things or not allowing stuff etc. And I understand your reasons for not wanting the other option and the bugs and crap that go with it but still..............:crazed:

jedi master sal
12-06-2001, 03:01 PM
bitmaps are the smallest form of compression I know of. and the links worked for me. ahh poor little Emp Jar Jar....I mean Jargo, I guess the force is not with you.

Just kiddin', I've been in a fiesty mood all day. Hope no harm done but apologize if so.

bigbarada
12-06-2001, 03:10 PM
Bitmaps are actually one of the largest forms of compression. For instance, if you have a picture with a large patch of red, each and every single red pixel is stored as a separate, individual bit. In contrast, other file types would just store all the red as one bit, thus reducing the amount of memory the file takes up. So if said picture has 3000 identical red pixels, then that bitmap would be 2999 bits larger than another file type (jpeg, gif, etc).

Hope this clears things up, and if any of you computer wizard types wish to elaborate, then please do.

Rollo Tomassi
12-06-2001, 05:57 PM
AHEM.

This is all fascinating...but I still can't see the GONK!in' pictures.:( :mad: :(

Jargo
12-06-2001, 06:48 PM
Would it help if I e-mailed them to you Rollo? I actually saved them from source the day they went up on the net but this was fun, so.... :crazed: Let me know. :)

bigbarada
12-06-2001, 07:28 PM
See, if this works Rollo.:)

bigbarada
12-06-2001, 07:29 PM
And the gunship

bigbarada
12-06-2001, 07:30 PM
Finally the speeder.

........waiting 60 seconds.........:rolleyes:

Jargo
12-06-2001, 08:33 PM
AH - smarty pants! :p

GNT
12-07-2001, 12:25 AM
And while were on the subject, bitmaps are large files, any chance you could post smaller jpeg files instead?

Bitmap images are more easier for me to use,so for the moment I'll continue to use them :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-07-2001, 03:29 AM
Thanks bigb! Jargo. Those were great. It will be....interesting to See Dooku's ship in flight. I'll leave my critique of his ship until then....:)

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 05:32 AM
I like the gunship,the speeder is cool too.I hope they make them.

Jargo
12-09-2001, 08:01 AM
From the proto-catalog scans posted on the net this weekend, it looks like we will indeed be treated to a gunship toy. Seems like it's more of a carrying case sort of ship like the vintage rebel transport.... only better!:) it looks really nice and beats the poopy out of some of the episode one stuff. It'll still be about half scale though like all the big vehicles made as toys. Oh well.

Zam's speeder looks better and better every time I look at it. I like the way there isn't really a canopy on the front. And the tuning fork design looks really sharp and sort of dangerous. The hotrod speeder looks really tame in comparison. Which would you rather have, zam's dragster or the hotrod which looks like something out of a kids cartoon. It reminds me of the cars on kids rides in pleasure parks. The kind that are tame versions of the adult rides and don't go fast or high just round and round slowly and maybe up and down a little. Those cars always lok like spaceships from the Jettsons or something. That's what the hotrod speeder reminds me of. Seeing Obi and Anakin in it reminds me even more how tiny and cramped those kids rides are and Obi and Anakin looked jammed into that speeder like it was a kids ride. Ewan doesn't look comfortable at all. Zam on the other hand seems very comfortable and her speeder is well designed for fast manouevering. Apart from the drag factor if there's no canopy of course.

GNT
12-10-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I like the gunship,the speeder is cool too.I hope they make them.

As EMPEROR JARGO said the scans that were over at collectstarwars.com showed the Gunship carrycase vehicle and it'll probably be like the EP1 R2-D2 carry case though :(

I'd rather have Zams Speeder than Anakins Hotrod,who would want a yellow updated hotrod from American Graffiti?

Co Jo-Da
12-10-2001, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I'd rather have Zams Speeder than Anakins Hotrod,who would want a yellow updated hotrod from American Graffiti?

I agree with you on that one...Although I don't hate Anakin's HotRod, I think they could have went away from the Pod-Racer front end...I'd much rather have Zam cool speeder...

GNT
12-10-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Although I don't hate Anakin's HotRod

I dont hate it either but Bounty Hunters ships are much more cooler than some yellow hotrod:)