PDA

View Full Version : I just got a loose FAO Bib and Luke 2 pack! WOW!!

Turbowars
12-03-2003, 12:03 AM
I have had a mint box set for a while now and have always thought highly of it. After the 12" Gam Guard came out I wanted a loose Bib. Well I won a loose 2 pack off e-bay for 16.50! I must say that this is one time where the 12" line shined. Bib is really nice. His outfit is detailed and it looks as if they cared when they mass peoduced the set. I really didn't care to get Luke, but he came in the set. He's really a nice figure also. The Cloak is perfect. It sits on his head, just like in the film. Anyways, I know this is a old set, but this MOMC and MISB collector is starting to see the light with opening things.;)

JediTricks
12-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Congrats. Did the saber yours come with have paint on the hilt? Mine didn't, turns out it's a variant (one which I don't care for).

This 2pack was a major high-point in the line, it's too bad it went to FAO who jacked the price up way beyond reasonable limits (though of all the FAO 12" sets, this one is the set that comes closest to earning that bloated pricetag).

bobafrett
12-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I have had a mint box set for a while now and have always thought highly of it. After the 12" Gam Guard came out I wanted a loose Bib.

I know this is a old set, but this MOMC and MISB collector is starting to see the light with opening things.;)

This is why I buy the figures I want when I find a good deal on them. I prefer to keep my collection carded or boxed, but when you can get 2 loose, for under what they would cost at retail, then I say you got a good deal, especially if it included all accesories. I won a 12" Tusken with Gaffi for a wee bit over $3.00 on eBay. I also got the EPI 12" Darth Maul, Obi Wan, and Qui-Gon Jinn boxed on clearance for under $7.00. Since I already had got a first set, you can believe I've got these opened!

Turbowars
12-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Congrats. Did the saber yours come with have paint on the hilt? Mine didn't, turns out it's a variant (one which I don't care for).

This 2pack was a major high-point in the line, it's too bad it went to FAO who jacked the price up way beyond reasonable limits (though of all the FAO 12" sets, this one is the set that comes closest to earning that bloated pricetag).Yeah the saber is painted. It has Black and copper paint on it. Bib didn't come with anything, right?

Ook
12-05-2003, 12:48 AM
Bib just has the outfit, including the plastic chest piece and cloth sash around that.

He's one of my favorite figures. I'm really into the aliens, and have collected 12" since the Tusken (my first modern 12"). Bib is fantastic, great likeness. He resides on a shelf opposite the Gamorrean. Between them: Frozen Han. :)

Bib & Pig (http://tk421.homestead.com/files/coll_003.jpg)

Turbowars
12-05-2003, 12:52 AM
Bib just has the outfit, including the plastic chest piece and cloth sash around that.

He's one of my favorite figures. I'm really into the aliens, and have collected 12" since the Tusken (my first modern 12"). Bib is fantastic, great likeness. He resides on a shelf opposite the Gamorrean. Between them: Frozen Han. :)

Bib & Pig (http://tk421.homestead.com/files/coll_003.jpg)Very cool. The only thing I don't like is his shiny Head and face.

Ook
12-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Very cool. The only thing I don't like is his shiny Head and face.
I think the first one had a dull finish? Anybody have him?

JediTricks
12-05-2003, 03:15 AM
I think the first one had a dull finish? Anybody have him?I can confirm that, and he looks way better... unless you're one of those "accuracy" guys. ;) The movie pic on the side of the box has Bib a tad shiny whereas the figure inside of my set is anything but.

Heck, up until now, I didn't even know about this variation on the set, I only knew about the unpainted saber hilt.

JediCole
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
I no longer have both of my loose Bibs to compare so I'm not sure if the early one was shiny or not. I know the first ones did not have painted gloves (or was it the later ones?). The first Bib I had all white hands. When I was able to replace him with the one where the gloves (which were sculpted into the detail of the hands) were painted blue, I replaced the movie-inaccurate one.

JediTricks
12-08-2003, 02:10 AM
I no longer have both of my loose Bibs to compare so I'm not sure if the early one was shiny or not. I know the first ones did not have painted gloves (or was it the later ones?). The first Bib I had all white hands. When I was able to replace him with the one where the gloves (which were sculpted into the detail of the hands) were painted blue, I replaced the movie-inaccurate one.
GRRR! Couldn't have brought up the gloves before so I didn't have to go back and dig the figure back out of the box. :p

No gloves on mine, the early set that's not shiny and has Luke's saber unpainted.

CropDuster
01-05-2004, 11:40 AM
As a kid I remember how much I loved the Jedi Luke figure and I was so excited when they came out with the 12" 2pack that included him. It is still one of my favorite 12", I thought the packaging was superb (as it was for all the Collector Series) and I was impressed with the craftsmanship and detail that went into both the Luke and the Bib.