PDA

View Full Version : Super poseable Clone Trooper

rherk
12-04-2003, 08:18 AM
This is it! Finally a figure worthy of owning armies of. This is the best Star Wars figure to come out since the days of POTJ and quite possibly the best figure ever!

The Clone Trooper is well sculped with incredible poseability. Not all characters could pull off the seamless joints but this one works perfectly.

My only complaint is you may have to search to find one with a good paint job. I picked through about six of them to get a descent one.

I truly hope Hasbro produces all the different colored clones. I would buy them all and then some.

Well done.

Anakin2121
12-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Sounds awesome. I hope to find one at some point, assuming that local scalpers don't buy every single one the second they are put on the shelves. :mad: :frus:

plasticfetish
12-05-2003, 08:31 PM
This is it! Finally a figure worthy of owning armies of.
Hey rherk! Where did you find yours at? Retail or online shop?

rherk
12-06-2003, 10:06 AM
I got it at my local comic book store.

Val Da Car
12-07-2003, 02:11 AM
Just got mine a WM..??

amazing they have bearly gotten anything in a poof...just before Christmas 2 cases at once....wow

Tycho
12-08-2003, 12:34 PM
I got 3 of him today! And my friend picked me up 3-4 more of them.

He is the best figure of 2003, and possibly the best SW figure of all time!

Ask me whatever you want to know.

There is only ONE drawback - should've been packed with a rifle, not the blaster.

Totally perfect for the marching clone scenes! Can be made to be posed doing everything from dying to swimming.

The torso both twists, and does crunches.

There's bicep twist articulation in the arms, as well as wrists. Plus ball join arms.

Bending knees, bending and twisting ankles.

Head turns and looks up and down....

Basically you can do more with him than you could a GI Joe! And that's saying something.

He's not flimsy and well put together, too.

plasticfetish
12-08-2003, 12:37 PM
So ... you're saying that you like it? ;)

Hellboy
12-08-2003, 06:25 PM
I found this figure as well and concur with the comments made so far, he is amazing. One of the best ever as far as I'm concerned and perfect for army building.

There is only ONE drawback - should've been packed with a rifle, not the blaster.

I'd say 2 drawbacks Tycho, and to me it's a major one. The total absence of a hole in his either of his feet for a figure stand. Sure he stands fine on his own but I'm one of those collectors that doesn't like my figures falling over when I bump a table or cabinet where they're being displayed. I put all my figures on stands so I can get unique and sometimes extreme action poses that free standing doesn't allow. Anyone have any ideas for remedying this situation?

Grade: A (would've been an A+ if it had the holes. :( )

BTW I found him and the rest of that assortment at Target. :)

Turambar
12-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Are these in the SAGA packaging or the Clone Wars packaging?

Silent Chazz
12-08-2003, 10:00 PM
I'd imagine they are in the Clone Wars Packaging.

Hellboy
12-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Are these in the SAGA packaging or the Clone Wars packaging?

They're in wave 2 of The Clone Wars line. If you're a carded collector they come in 2 versions, kneeling and standing. :)

DarthBrandon
12-09-2003, 10:58 PM
One Word only: Awesome

sith_killer_99
12-11-2003, 10:00 AM
Actually they are in Wave 3 (Wave 1=ARC (Blue and Red), Yoda and Anakin; Wave2=Mace, Obi-Wan, Durge and Asajj; Wave 3=Kit, Sasee, and Super Articulated Clone 2 pkg variations)

I bought mine yesterday and I must say, I am impressed. However, the shoulders look huge and it looks kinda funny where they join together. The CommTech Stormie's shoulders were done much better IMHO. I still say, all around...GREAT JOB! :D

bobafrett
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
I'll have to get out anddo some shopping! Nice to see these making it to the stores.

Phantom-like Menace
12-11-2003, 09:51 PM
I was able to find this figure at Wal Mart, and I think it's totally excellent! I'd been wanting Secret Ceremony Anakin for months, so I got Anakin and one Clone Trooper. Wow, I wish I got two of the Clone Troopers.

I do agree the shoulders are a little weird, but not weird enough to keep me from wanting as many of these figures as I can get my hands on.

arctangent
12-12-2003, 03:17 AM
The total absence of a hole in his either of his feet for a figure stand. Sure he stands fine on his own but I'm one of those collectors that doesn't like my figures falling over when I bump a table or cabinet where they're being displayed. I put all my figures on stands so I can get unique and sometimes extreme action poses that free standing doesn't allow. Anyone have any ideas for remedying this situation?

how about a small drill with a small drill bit and drill them yourself. that's what i am going to do when i manage to track one down.

Hellboy
12-12-2003, 11:09 AM
how about a small drill with a small drill bit and drill them yourself. that's what i am going to do when i manage to track one down.

The articulated ankle joint goes about half way down the foot so the hole might have to be rather small but I think I'll give that a try.

AmanaMatt
12-13-2003, 10:57 PM
Basically you can do more with him than you could a GI Joe! And that's saying something.

After opening mine, I would say that is quite accurate. Aside from the paint deco on some (I have seen many with slightly yellowish looking shoulders), this is truly a fantastic fig. The first thing I really noticed was how solid the Clonetrooper felt. The articulation is well done, and not a single joint seemed loose. The helmet, as does the whole armor, have excellent detail. This pretty much shames every prior Clonetrooper figure. I really hope that Hasbro releases this with the different ranks. They have no reason to ever do a new sculpt almost - this is that good.

As to the carded variants, I am not sure there is a running change as so much two card versions (intentional?). The numbers on the back of the running pose came after the other, but the numbers do seem very close on some, so I have no clue at this point, though as for variants go, this one is ok.

sith_killer_99
12-15-2003, 05:14 AM
Hasbro packed the SA Clone in 2 different poses on purpose. They are evenly distributed...or they are supposed to be. They claim the reason is to show how articulated the Clone is. If someone is in the store they can compare the 2 different poses and see that it is the same figure and go..."Wow, now that's articulated!" :rolleyes:

Tycho
12-15-2003, 05:44 PM
They aren't shipping with both poses in the same case in my experience.

Wal-Mart and Target seem to have Clones shooting to their right, standing.
(uh, that's your left, if you are facing the carded Clone)

Toys R Us has the Clone kneeling, and shooting to his left (your right).

The kneeling Clone is left-handed, the standing one is right-handed.

That's because real Clones are amberdextrous.

sith_killer_99
12-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey, I shoot ambidextrous. Does that mean I'm a Clone?

I certainly hope not. :rolleyes:

Me too. :rolleyes:

Tycho
12-15-2003, 06:31 PM
LOL - you know I think you could be! Lots of folks here have decided that I think everyone's a Clone - what with my now infamous theory that Han Solo is from a new breed of Clones that succeeds the Mandalorian ones (Jango's).

I will stick to that theory until I see Episode 3 and the movie proves me wrong.

But until then, I DO think anyone's capable of being a Clone. You really should ask yourself if you think it's at all possible. If yourself answers you back, look under your bed ......cautiously.

Disclaimer: talking to yourself (singular) is not necessarily a signal of psychosis, however if you are hearing voices, you should always check to see if you've been cloned before considering that you actually are crazy.

B_C
03-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Well...Im a happy bunny. Just recieved my SA Clonetrooper this morning from r2dtoys.com. Was worth the wait. If the upcoming Vintage Stormtrooper is as well made as this figure I will be very happy.

Unbelievable articulation and tight joints. Paint was bang on. He can hold his weapon with both hands and is articulated at the chest as well as waist, so more realistic poses can be achieved. The head is on a ball joint so you can have him look in pretty much any direction(works better than the comtech stormtrooper because it makes him look like he has a neck).

Think I may end up buying a few more of these.:D

Kidhuman
03-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah this is one sweet figure.

Tycho, I got mine kneeling at Wal-mart so that blows your theory up.

Hellboy, did you ever drill the holes in it and if yes, how did it turn out?

Hellboy
03-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Hellboy, did you ever drill the holes in it and if yes, how did it turn out?

Yes I did actually and it worked quite well. I only drilled into one foot per figure and used a very small drill bit. I use REAL action figure stands so your results may vary depending on what stand you decide to use.

The best way to size up your bit is to find one that fits in the peg hole of any standard figure but not one that fits to tight. Due to the articulated ankle joint you'll only be able to drill about half the depth of a standard figure's peg hole. As a result the diameter of the hole needs to be a bit smaller than normal in order for the peg to fit tightly and prevent the figure from tipping over and falling off the stand. Most likely the foot won't end up flush with the stand when you're done but that can be rectified by trimming a little off the stands peg with an small knife or by sanding it down some.

It is a risky modification so take your time and be careful if you do try it. Good Luck. :)

Kidhuman
03-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I am not gonna do it. I have him MOC, I was just curious. :beard:

vulcantouch
03-24-2004, 03:47 PM
-yeah me too, and it went a-ok; maybe i'll get around to the 2nd sometime :) did it slightly forward of the ankle to go a bit deeper. but i don't use drillbits, i use a safety pin for the initial hole and then gradually enlarge it by twisting in increasing sizes of microscrewdrivers (alternating between philips & flatheads), the last one being the exact right diameter for a realstand (or an mm stand) :)
btw looks like i'm gonna have an xtra unopened one to trade, in case anyone who needs one has a few accessories i seek (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23286) :cool:
vt

Hellboy
03-24-2004, 04:15 PM
- did it slightly forward of the ankle to go a bit deeper.

Thats a great idea vt. I have 4 more CT's to do so I think I'll try your method so I can fit the whole peg in the foot rather than shortening it. :)

I doubt I'll ever do both feet though.