PDA

View Full Version : 2004 - Year of the Lukes!? (merged)

Beast
12-04-2003, 05:34 PM
It seems that there's a good chance we could end up getting as many as 7 Luke Skywalkers in 2004, from Hasbro. I don't normally complain about new versions, especially when they improve on earlier lacking figures. But since Hasbro has the license for so many years to come, why don't they stretch them out a bit more.

I'm more then happy with the list of the 7 possible Luke's, since pretty much all of them needed to be done or improved over time. It just seems a bit much for me. We've already had 3 confirmed Luke's, and now another 3-4 being really likely to see plastic. What's everyone else think about this? :eek:

Luke Skywalker: Hoth Gear*
Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace*
Luke Skywalker: Holographic*
Luke Skywalker: Stormtrooper Outfit
Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training
Luke Skywalker: Medical Frigate Robe
Luke Skywalker: Endor Gear

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
12-04-2003, 06:34 PM
I would love to see the Luke in Medical Frigate. Would be a great figure. The rest are ok. A good Luke in stormtrooper is needed too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2003, 06:45 PM
They are all needed, but like you said, they should spread them out over time. The ones that have alreadyu been made look great, I assume the others will look great as well. :)

Tycho
12-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Where the heck did you hear about Luke in the medical frigate robe? Any news on Leia and Lando from that same scene?

What about Luke's hand? How will they do that? Any effects?

That'd be so cool!

Beast
12-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Tycho, he appears on Trade Federation's latest list of figures possibly coming in 2004. They were right on quite a few in 2002 and 2003. So I'll take it with a grain of salt. No other news on how he might be done though. :)

What's next???
Posted by Jimmy on 02-Dec-2003 at 03:14 PM (EST)

We know you've been overly anxious to get some new news... and we hope this small but cool list will tide you over for a little bit...

A reliable source close to the Fed has sent us in a list of supposed up and coming figures...

And they are...

Luke Endor
E3-P0
Cloud Car pilot
Bespin Leia
Ewok (we assume Chief Chirpa as mentioned before)
Death Star Trooper (although listed as "officer")
C3-P0 with knee articulation
Luke in robes from medical frigate

Some we have mentioned in the past from another very reliable source, while others are brand new and never mentioned thus far...

We'll definitely look more into these and find out which will actually see the light of day.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
12-04-2003, 07:23 PM
They all sound cool to me.
I'd assume that Endor Luke would just be Jabba's Palace Luke with a soft poncho instead of a cloak. Be nice if they made him super-articulated and put him out with a speeder. A new Dagobah Luke sounds good also ... time to replace old beefy.

Turbowars
12-04-2003, 07:38 PM
I look at it this way. Hasbro needs to pump out all the stuff that they can before the darkside clouds the minds of collectors. The cloud will stop people from collecting after the films are done. (People will lose interest in the film and toy line.) You know kids, out with the old and in with the new. That's if kids really do buy SW toys.:rolleyes: Hasbro is doing right by me. That way we will have all the cool stuff and if the figures continue after 4 to 6 years after EP2 so what, we will continue to collect.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-04-2003, 09:25 PM
It seems that there's a good chance we could end up getting as many as 7 Luke Skywalkers in 2004, from Hasbro. I don't normally complain about new versions, especially when they improve on earlier lacking figures. But since Hasbro has the license for so many years to come, why don't they stretch them out a bit more.

I'm more then happy with the list of the 7 possible Luke's, since pretty much all of them needed to be done or improved over time. It just seems a bit much for me. We've already had 3 confirmed Luke's, and now another 3-4 being really likely to see plastic. What's everyone else think about this? :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It's great that fans can have a choice and buy the Lukes they want. I like having resculpts as long as they're good and improve on previous versions.

I'm really excited about a Luke Skywalker Endor Gear. :)

If they do it like the new Luke Skywalker Jabba's Palace it'd awesome. Removeable poncho, removeable helmet, metal lightsaber, good sculpt etc etc.

Jar Jar, when is the new Luke Jabba's palace released? Lots of sites have said different things. What month in 2004? Thankyou. :)

Beast
12-04-2003, 09:34 PM
He should be out in the next wave of releases, since the January waves are showing up now. I'd say sometime mid-late January. Since Luke's in the Tatooine wave and not the Jabba's Palace wave. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-04-2003, 09:45 PM
He should be out in the next wave of releases, since the January waves are showing up now. I'd say sometime mid-late January. Since Luke's in the Tatooine wave and not the Jabba's Palace wave. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks a lot Jar Jar. I've been outta the game with Star Wars figures. I gotta get back into it! :)

Hellboy
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM
As one of the most poorly represented of the core classic characters Luke deserves this attention. As for spreading it out over a longer period of time I'm alright getting 7 Luke's in one year since most of 2005/06 will be occupied with EPIII characters. I hope the rumored versions are true. :)

Tycho
12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
The January wave is showing up now? You mean Luke Hoth, and Hoth Rebel, and whoever else (who is in that wave?) have shown up already?

Do the people that got them have SA Clone Troopers yet?

What's going on?

Do I collect Star Wars or have Alzheimer's disease?

Meanwhile, please comment on my suspicion that Hasbro is churning out more Luke's (and other Classic heroes) because of the rumored CLASSIC TRILOGY DVD RELEASE next year, in the fall of 2004, which would put all the kids back into the Star Wars market before the huge gush of stuff in 2005.

What do we have coming for Luke?

Luke from the Burger King Glass assortment?

How about Leia?

Bespin Leia
Endor Leia???
Leia ANH from the Burger King Glass promotion? (Target and to coincide with the DVD release year?)

Han Solo?

Han from the new Endor one.
Burger King Solo?

Lando?

Skiff Guard.
Burger King - rerelease the POTJ cloth cape? Lando did have a BK glass of his own.

C-3PO ?

escape pod
BK Glass?

R2-D2?

BK Glass?
Jabba's waiter

Jabba the Hutt?

Yup!

Darth Vader?

Bespin
BK Glass
Another I forgot. - NO WAIT: Meditation Chamber Deluxe

Obi-Wan Kenobi
BK Glass at least - POTJ version from Millennium Falcon flight.

Boba Fett???

Bk Glass?

Emperor Palpatine?

BK glass? (hope not the Saga version!)

Grand Moff Tarkin?
BK Glass

I mean this is starting to look like a good promotion idea:

2002 - Attack of the Clones Movie Promo
2003 - Clone Wars multi-media Promo
2004 - OT major DVD Release Promo
2005 - E3 Movie Promo

Hasbro is on the ball.

2006 - E3 Clean-up (possibly mopping up anything left over from prequels mostly - like 10 or more Padme figures). Some hype leftover from the big promo years.

2007 - relative obscurity. Resculpts or re-releases.

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF FOR LUCAS / HASBRO TO DO AS THE NEXT PROMOTION IS:

STAR WARS: DARK TIMES!

Or STAR WARS: EMPIRE!

What do you guys think of my theory?

What is the line going to do until 2018? (when their license expires?)

Beast
12-04-2003, 10:44 PM
The January wave is showing up now? You mean Luke Hoth, and Hoth Rebel, and whoever else (who is in that wave?) have shown up already?

Do the people that got them have SA Clone Troopers yet?

Meanwhile, please comment on my suspicion that Hasbro is churning out more Luke's (and other Classic heroes) because of the rumored CLASSIC TRILOGY DVD RELEASE next year, in the fall of 2004, which would put all the kids back into the Star Wars market before the huge gush of stuff in 2005.
Definatly possible, but there's more characters then just Luke that needs some love. Even if he is the 'Wolverine' of the Star Wars line. And yes, Luke: Hoth, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and R-3PO have been found along side the Ultra figures. I don't think the last wave of Clone Wars figures have turned up yet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthzirock
12-04-2003, 11:25 PM
If they do it like the new Luke Skywalker Jabba's Palace it'd awesome. Removeable poncho, removeable helmet, metal lightsaber, good sculpt etc etc. :)

The Jabba's Palace Jedi Luke doesn't have a metal lightsaber. Metal lightsabers have been bannished to bogeyland, along with stupid "Force-attracted" magnets in hands, and moronic action features like arm-flinging Zam Wesell and cape-tossing Throne Room Vader!

I can definitely see a need for the rehashes, and welcome the MFR Luke. Hopefully, he'll have interchangable right arms, one with the cyborg hand mechanism exposed, and a normal one to "comfort" his sister *snicker*.

plo koon 200
12-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I really don't care if they are making all these Luke's for the DVD's. My suspicions tell me otherwise. One, there are no play-features. These toys are being marketed towards the collectors. Two, all the Luke's being made are either remakes of really crappy Luke's from the past or the one's we don't have. What this tells me is that Hasbro is not expecting Star Wars to last no more than 2-3 years after EPIII. If Hasbro had faith in the line they would not be going about this kind of marketing scheme. Actually it's eight Luke's counting the HOF version.

Beast
12-05-2003, 10:48 AM
I didn't count or include the HOF Luke, because that's a re-issue of the Commtech Chip Luke, just with a Lightsaber instead of his tool. And is pretty much what was already released in 2003, as a re-issue figure. :)

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-05-2003, 11:24 AM
I didn't count or include the HOF Luke, because that's a re-issue of the Commtech Chip Luke, just with a Lightsaber instead of his tool. And is pretty much what was already released in 2003, as a re-issue figure. :)

Which is the HOF Anakin Skywalker then? :)

Beast
12-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Last I heard, the HOF Anakin was going to probably be the Hanger Duel one. God knows why, when there is a better Anakin in the Secret Ceremony version. We'll have to wait and see if that's what it ends up being. :)

evenflow
12-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Well I am looking forward to Medical Robes Luke, at leas tit is a version we have never gotten before.

DarkArtist
12-05-2003, 01:02 PM
As Epidose III comes close, true it's still a year away :( :( I think Hasbto should focus on expanded universe, after all the EP III stuff comes out. I not saying that Hasbro should put strong focus on EU but if all characters from the six films are done and it seems as if the market is low, ie 1985 (Scary ewoks and droids cartoons :eek: :eek: :eek: ) Hasbro can bring fan based choices to plastic form.
Some ideas could come in the form:

DARK FORCES
NEW JEDI ORDER
CRIMSION EMPIRE
DARK EMPIRE

Just a few ideas.

Beast
12-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Sadly, EU stuff has bitten Hasbro in the backside too many times. That's why they're not willing to really dedicate any real presence to it. The SOTE stuff was only a moderate sucess. And the EU figure line, was clearanced out in most stores. Sad but true, Hasbro sees figures based on the movies as more profitable then EU that less collectors would be intrested in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
12-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Sadly, EU stuff has bitten Hasbro in the backside too many times. That's why they're not willing to really dedicate any real presence to it. The SOTE stuff was only a moderate sucess. And the EU figure line, was clearanced out in most stores. Sad but true, Hasbro sees figures based on the movies as more profitable then EU that less collectors would be intrested in. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It pretty much sucks. I really wish that Hasbro would have continued either one of the lines, or at least do another assortment. I dont think it would hurt. My hope is that after the movies are done, Hasbro will once again revisit EU.

Turbowars
12-05-2003, 08:06 PM
I really don't care if they are making all these Luke's for the DVD's. My suspicions tell me otherwise. One, there are no play-features. These toys are being marketed towards the collectors. Two, all the Luke's being made are either remakes of really crappy Luke's from the past or the one's we don't have. What this tells me is that Hasbro is not expecting Star Wars to last no more than 2-3 years after EPIII. If Hasbro had faith in the line they would not be going about this kind of marketing scheme. Actually it's eight Luke's counting the HOF version.That's what I was trying to say:)

Skywalker3319
12-31-2003, 04:52 PM
All those great Lukes and not one GOOD final duel. I know they just made one, and your all wanting me to shut the hell up, but I guess my quest for that Luke will keep goin on. Reminds me of MetallicA's frantic song.....'keep searchin...keep on searchin.....this search goes on.....this search goes on..'

:cry:

Silent Chazz
12-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Whats the big deal about the 2003 Throne Room Duel Luke? All over the place I see how everyone hates it, but when I look at the pictures of the figure, I can't help but think this is truly a wonderful sculpt compared to the Scenema Scene Luke in POTFII. If I could find this Luke, I'd buy two of him.

Turbowars
12-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Whats the big deal about the 2003 Throne Room Duel Luke? All over the place I see how everyone hates it, but when I look at the pictures of the figure, I can't help but think this is truly a wonderful sculpt compared to the Scenema Scene Luke in POTFII. If I could find this Luke, I'd buy two of him.The big deal is that he is just as bad as the POTF2 one. It's another one pose wonder. Don't get me wrong I have him opened on one of my shelves, but it should have been a SA style figure. You know a figure that can just stand there and then be posed like the Saga one.

JON9000
12-31-2003, 06:31 PM
I keep the helmet on ST Luke- gives me another Stromtrooper! and I can always use those!

Rogue II
12-31-2003, 07:15 PM
On the bright side, none of the Lukes are from his Tatooine outfit.

Silent Chazz
12-31-2003, 08:17 PM
Well thats probably because we got like 5 or so updated non-buff Farmboy Lukes near the end of POTFII. We dont need anymore. We need more Lukes like: Endor, DS2 Throne Room, Dagobah, a BETTER X-wing flight suit (POTJ Gopher Luke doesnt cut it Hasbro), and we flippin need a better articulated SOTE Imperial Guard Disguise Luke!

CrossWizard
01-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Hasbro could easily kill 2 birds with 1 stone if they give the new Endor Luke a removable helmet, soft goods poncho and a lightsaber. Then when you remove the helmet and the poncho you get a new Throne Room Duel Luke.

Silent Chazz
01-01-2004, 11:38 AM
This might happen as well since the Endor Rebel Troopers from Saga and the Endor Accessories Pack all come with Removable Helmets. They could just repack it in with this kind of Luke.

Silent Chazz
01-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Well, it seems 2004 is the year of Luke Skywalker. So far we've gotten a Hoth Luke, a Jedi Knight Luke and a Holo Luke has just been shown carded. It isn't even the end of January yet and that is THREE Lukes. Also, 3 more Lukes are Rumored: Dagobah, Endor, and ESB Medical Frigate. That right there is 6 sculpts of Luke in one year. That is a lot methinks.

Some of you might be angry at this, while some of you might be happy. I for one, am glad as Luke is my favorite OT character and I don't have that many Luke figures. I'm really looking forward to an Endor Luke with removable Helmet at Soft Goods Poncho.

What are some of you's guy's thoughts on the Attack of the Luke Clones?

P.S. I'm looking in buying a 2003 Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Corrected Right Hand Glove) figure or two for my collection. Please PM me if you can hook me up. Thanks.

Beast
01-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Already being discussed. And you missed one, Luke: Stormtrooper. As for the Luke: Dagobah, he's already been pretty much confirmed.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22290
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Silent Chazz
01-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Stormie Luke is rumored too? Wow, 7 sculpts.