PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on buying the Playskool Star Wars Adventures Toys?

Tycho
12-03-2001, 03:21 AM
Do you plan to buy the Playskool Star Wars Adventures toys?

Let's talk about growing young again! ;)

You can see these products again, at the link below.

stillakid
12-03-2001, 11:52 AM
I think that they're really cute. I also discovered early on that as much as my kids want to play with my big Star Wars toys, their little hands aren't really capable of handling the size and weight. The Micromachines, on the other hand, were a great alternative and also because of their size, "bigger" battles could take place in a smaller space.

These new little things are even better, as they include funny cartoonish characters at a perfect size for little kids. Why this wasn't done before is beyond me. I'll buy all of them!

Mandalorian Candidat
12-03-2001, 12:54 PM
I think these will only be bought by the hardcore adult collectors (or even scalpers for that matter!) for their own collections or for their kids. I seriously doubt that the casual buyer will get these unless they are ultra cheap (on clearance) and need to buy something quick for a child's birthday party. It doesn't seem that the market for SW stuff is children anymore since you only ever see adults looking at the stuff in the stores.

good shot jansen
12-03-2001, 01:34 PM
come on hasbro, get on the stick already! we don't need a new line which is doomed to fail, just bring back micro machines:mad:

bigbarada
12-03-2001, 01:52 PM
I passed on the Palm Talkers, I'll pass on these. I spend too much money on the 3 3/4" line to try and collect a completely separate and incompatible line. Which is why I also stopped buying the 12" scale toys.

Maybe, if they put out an item that I like enough (TIE Fighter with cutesy pilot) then I wil buy that one item, but collect the line? No way.

master jedi
12-03-2001, 04:20 PM
I'd get them for a kid but not for myself.
They look like they're trying to go to the bathroom or something.

Jargo
12-03-2001, 08:33 PM
Oh these are really dinky. Who cares if they're supposed to be for kids, so are the action figures. I'm buying them if i can find them that is. They remind me of the Bucky O'hare figures that came out in about '92. I have all of those and these will sit alongside quite nicely. I didn't like the palmtalkers cuz they're too deformed but these have some real character to them. I actually really like the Wicket one. And the Naboo fighter is great. guess this is one of those don't like it don't buy it deals eh?

JediTricks
12-04-2001, 12:25 AM
Please Vote - Do you plan to pay for these:
with cash
with a check
with a debit card
with a credit card
partially with cash and partially with a debit card (maybe because your bank account is nearly empty)
partially with cash and partially with a credit card (maybe because you've nearly reached your credit limit)
with bills
with coins
with foodstamps
with Canadian money
with Canadian bills
with Canadian pennies
with chickens
with shiny beads
with a combination of chickens and shiny beads (maybe because you don't have enough shiny beads but don't want to give away all your chickens)
by asking your mom to buy them for you
by asking your girlfriend to buy them for you
by asking your boyfriend to buy them for you
by asking complete strangers to buy them for you
by throwing a tantrum until your mom buys them for you
by stealing them
by asking for them as Christmas or Hanukah presents
by asking for them as birthday or Easter presents
by asking for them for Christmas AND birthday presents (as your birthday would be ON Christmas)
by asking for them for birthday AND Easter presents (as your birthday would be ON Easter)
by asking for them for Christmas AND Easter presents (as time would have become nonlinear and these 2 events somehow fall on the same date)

Tycho
12-04-2001, 02:18 AM
LOL, Tricks.

Here's the inside story on SirStevesGuide, guys:

I was asked to come up with poll topics. I have a lot of ideas, and there's a whole thread in this Forum for you to add your suggestions, but Steve took a particular interest in the Playskool Adventures Toys (probably because he plans to buy all of them so Tricks can stop crying for the Force's Sake) - and then there's already another website polling on this issue. So I offer a different take, to find out:

who they'll be bought for

what products are appealing - for instance to adults who like this spin on the Classic Trilogy (which we are seeing in the responses now)

and whether adult collectors (the majority of interenet respondents) are expecting this to turn into another whole collector series with 300 characters or something - and if the folks who think they're going to collect it, will stick it out for that long of series.

Additionally, it answers, which is the single favorite one - or why else are people not buying most of this stuff only planning on getting the TaunTaun / Wampa set?

But no: Jedi Tricks and Steve (privately) had to tease me about having so many poll choices. It is funny, but I'm not (yet) crazy.

Anyway, always somebody complaining...remember how many edits the last poll took? It invalidates the results if you change anything. But I have poll choices with 3 responses possible only. But on this particular topic you can go to another website and see a poll done that way.

So sue me for being creative.

Guys: is this more interesting?

GNT
12-04-2001, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
come on hasbro, get on the stick already! we don't need a new line which is doomed to fail, just bring back micro machines:mad:

And they are doomed to fail also :)

No, I'm NOT interested in these at all.

Im interested in them because they are new, but I wont be buying them as my money will be going to actual figures than these 5year old toys!

ThomasLane
12-04-2001, 09:57 AM
My kids have several fisher-price playsets that have figures in similar scale and style to these, so I'm sure I'll be buying them for my kids. Anyone know when they will be released?

Jargo
12-04-2001, 10:07 AM
C'mon thomas 'fess up, you're gonna buy them for yourself aren't you? the kids are just a cover :D :D :crazed:

SirSteve
12-04-2001, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by ThomasLane
My kids have several fisher-price playsets that have figures in similar scale and style to these, so I'm sure I'll be buying them for my kids. Anyone know when they will be released?

There is no release date set yet other than early 2002.

SirSteve
12-04-2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
C'mon thomas 'fess up, you're gonna buy them for yourself aren't you? the kids are just a cover :D :D :crazed:

And like you have never told the hot cashier that the Star Wars figures you are buying are for your little brother or are a gift. ;)

Jargo
12-04-2001, 03:22 PM
Nope. I always 'fess up and let them know I'm buying for myself just to see the way their noses wrinkle up in disgust that an adult still plays with toys. It doesn't stop them from snatching the money from me though.....:rolleyes: Actually at one of the TRU's I used to go to, there was a lady in her late middle age who worked the cash desk and she was brilliant. She would comment on how good a particular figure was and ask if I'd seen other stuff they had just got in or not. Shame TRU doesn't stock star wars anymore over here. I kinda miss that lady.

master jedi
12-04-2001, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

And like you have never told the hot cashier that the Star Wars figures you are buying are for your little brother or are a gift. ;)

I've done this. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the more expensive things.

Wolfwood319
12-04-2001, 05:41 PM
I think they are pretty cool. And they seem to be priced relatively good, considering you get a couple of guys and a vehicle. If there is no POTJ/Blue card stuff that comes out when these are released, I'll probably pick up most of them. But if there is new 3 3/4'' stuff out at the same time, I'll get that first.

I'll bring them to work and leave them on my desk, so I'll have something Star Wars to play with when I'm bored.:happy: :p :eek: :crazed: :D

Turbowars
12-04-2001, 09:15 PM
Honestly guys these new kiddy toys are crap!!! Bring on the classic Trilogy figures. Sounds like some collectors would just buy them because they were on the self, even if you didn't like them. We need clear topped R3 units and a 12" Jabba, not this short lived child line. Come on Hasbro, you were doing just fine.

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 01:06 AM
When I first saw Jurrasic Park Junior last year, I was appalled by how cruddy they looked. These huge bear-hug poses and they're all squat and have very little articulation, that was all lame, but then they also looked like they were made from inferior materials to boot, so I scoffed. I scoff at this line too, this should have been out BEFORE episode I, not II.

Tycho, you could have just put I want to buy them all I want to buy some I am not interested I'll wait to see them in person but NOOOOO, everything's a frelling novel with you! :D

Tycho
12-06-2001, 08:35 AM
My poll as it stands also measures who plans on getting them for children, TRICKS.

It also sees who's interested in Classic versus Prequels - a topic you find interesting all the time.

Before Steve (or you) edited the poll down, it also showed which set out of the four was people's favorite. (The TaunTaun set had more votes that the others - that fans would only buy that set, and not the rest of them. Now we have no voting option that might prompt people to discuss WHY).

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
My poll as it stands also measures who plans on getting them for children, TRICKS.

It also sees who's interested in Classic versus Prequels - a topic you find interesting all the time.

Before Steve (or you) edited the poll down, it also showed which set out of the four was people's favorite. (The TaunTaun set had more votes that the others - that fans would only buy that set, and not the rest of them. Now we have no voting option that might prompt people to discuss WHY). If I had edited the poll, it would have been the 4 I just mentioned, so talk to the GUY WHO OWNS THE SITE! :D

SirSteve
12-07-2001, 09:40 AM
I edited it. There were 3 or 4 more options with 0 votes. That tells me they were not good options. So I changed them.

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 04:40 AM
My son is too old for these toys,but my daugther might like these.She always wants to play with my stuff and this would be a great way to get her started on her way down the doomed path of Star Wars collecting. Yes I will buy them only if she likes them.