PDA

View Full Version : So guys, whats next in the line up for 04. Another ANH wave or will it be a ESB wave?

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 12:13 PM
In the last 3 waves we have seen themes. So Skiff lando, AT-ST Driver and Han were from ROTJ. Scout, Jedi Luke and Ewoks were from ROTJ with a AOTC Yoda thrown into the mix. The last wave including Old Ben, Jawas and Garindan are all from ANH. Can we expect an ESB theme for the next wave or will it be another ANH? I only say this because Hasbro has done 2 ROTJ wave in a row and a ANH after. So we may get an ANH wave next. With hasbro we never know. Anyways, if it's an ANH wave what would you like to see? Or if it's an ESB wave what would you like? If it'a an ANH wave again I'd like to see a R1 droid, Hammerhead, Rebel Trooper and since we know Hasbro will throw a rehash into the wave, I guess a Orange Sandtrooper would be cool since it was a diamond exclusive. If it's an ESB wave, I'd like to see K-3PO, FX-7, 2-1B Medic Droid and for the rehash, a Snowtrooper. They could make a deluxe and box with a canon! So what do you guys think?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Personally, i'm hoping for waves from ANH as I think a new Ben is in order. Maybe we could get some new aliens from the cantina and whatnot.
and maybe we could FINALLY get "Beru and Owen: Burndt remains" action figure set! :crazed:

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Personally, i'm hoping for waves from ANH as I think a new Ben is in order. Maybe we could get some new aliens from the cantina and whatnot.
and maybe we could FINALLY get "Beru and Owen: Burndt remains" action figure set! :crazed:We just got a new Ben.;)

Tycho
12-07-2003, 03:06 PM
First, let me say I'm concerned about the 12". What's been in stores since the Dooku-SBD-Zam Wave is not selling (though it's doing a little better now).

From ESB, one can readily locate Dengar and the Imperial Officer (Zuckuss is a little harder).

AOTC still has Padme-Anakin-Geonosian to get out in equal quantities. I've never seen it ship as much as the Dengar wave, or the Dooku wave, and it makes me think there is some backstock of this Padme wave out there.

ROTJ has not seen enough of Lando Skiff-Han-ATST Driver ship out there, so there must be a lot of that backstocked, though in Toys R Us Escondido they had 6 Lando Skiff Guards on the shelf (must've just stocked).

I can't find ROTJ#2 anywhere (Yoda-Bikerscout-Ewoks-Luke). So a lot more of that has to get out.

I really wonder if 2004 won't just see more of this stuff clear the warehouses from these later waves, and they hold off on 12", minus exclusives, altogether.

That being said, it wasn't the topic of this thread.

I think the Max Rebo Band (Max, Droopy, Sy) will all come out as exclusives somewhere (Wal-Mart or Target).

As to "movie wave 12," first 2004 looks like the year of the DVD release of the OT, and generally speaking, a Classic Star Wars toy year.

I also think AOTC has burned itself out on 12", minus a few notable exceptions: different Padmes, C-3PO E2 style, Boba Fett, Palpatine, Poggle the Lesser and some Jedi that would look really cool done in 12" style - but they should get out more Plo Koon before they even touch that! They could repaint the battle droid for a rehash people would buy.

There are some key TPM figures that were never made that shouldn't be forgotten: Nute Gunray, Darth Sidious, Sen. Palpatine, Captain Panaka, the Destroyer Droid (would really rock!), and so forth. Hopefully, we'll see them one day - especially that Destroyer Droid!

This thread is about CLASSIC 12" waves, I'm assuming.

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK really laid out its best for me when the bounty hunters were finally completed. That being done, I'd like to see:

BESPIN LEIA (red gown)
LOBOT
UGNAUGHTS
PROBOT (Imperial Probe Droid)
Hoth Rebel Soldier w. head variants
GENERAL VEERS
BESPIN HAN SOLO with totally new (and good) head sculpt)
LUKE MEDICAL RECOVERY with repairable hand
LEIA MEDICAL RECOVERY
2-1B Medical Droid w. FX-7 Medical Assistant (2-pack)

A NEW HOPE really needs only Owen and Beru, and lots of Cantina Aliens. Han Solo Yavin Hero might be welcome though. And were they ever going to do the Bantha with Tusken Raider?

RETURN OF THE JEDI is in the spotlight for its anniversary. Here we can get a lot of cool figures, mostly from Jabbas:

WEEQUAY
BARADA
NIKTO
KLAATU
SGT DOALYN
EPHANT MON
REE-YEES
TESSEK
SALACIOUS CRUMB
OOLA
JABBA THE HUTT
single boxed Royal Guard
single boxed LEIA ENDOR (new face sculpt not smiling!)
ISHI TIBB
AMANAMAN

I really end up just publishing a wish list. I'll have to get back to you all to put 3-4 of these in likely "waves" that Hasbro would release.

That's much harder to picture - and that's a sad fact, too.

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Nice post Tycho, but I was trying to make it easy on everyone, because hasbro most likely wont give us too cool of figures. They like to put some kind of rehash in with the set. They like to reuse uniforms and only get creative on one or 2 of the figures. So that's what I based my picks on. They can easy put K-3PO in the wave because they can just do a repaint. The Rebel trooper should be pretty easy. The hardest part would be getting the helmet right.

Ook
12-07-2003, 03:53 PM
If it's SW, I want cantina aliens! Hammerhead, Zutton and any one of the following would be awesome:

Ellors Madak
Djas Puhr
Myo
Nabrun Leids

If they do ESB, Ultimate Boba and Ugnaughts! I don't care what else. :D

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 08:10 PM
A few great 2 packs or deluxe packs would be like Tycho said FX-7 and 2-1B, Luke in Bacta Tank! Show Trooper with Canon. Probe droid with Hoth Han. Man I'd eat those up!

Turambar
12-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Let's have another ANH wave and finally complete the 21 with Hammerhead, Snaggle, and Gonk!
I'd like to see a couple more ESB waves, one dealing with bespin & one dealing with hoth:
Leia Bespin
Lobot
rehash lando, han, or luke bespin?

Hoth Trooper
Gen Veers
2-1B
FX-7

From ROTJ, it is most likely we will see the Reebo band sometime as an exclusive. I'm betting either KB or target. I would like to see:
Jabba's palace:
Weequay
Oola
anyone
also a likely time to see a rehash of bib fortuna

Endor/deathstar:
Lando General (pleeeeeez!!!)
Nien Numb
Teebo/Paploo ewok pack

I am concerned, though, that we haven't heard even a rumor of any 12" waves after the pathetic rehash, rehash, Garindan wave. Isn't there a toyfair in january? Maybe we'll see or hear something then.

CropDuster
01-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Lando General would rock. Why not rerelease the Royal guard and better yet include some imperial dignitaries (maybe they could go exclusive). Talk about a powerful ROTJ wave! Throw in an alien from Jabbas palace and you could have one of the best waves ever. There are SO many ROTJ characters they could make.

Turbowars
01-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Looks as if hasbro is putting this line on hold. No official word, just what I think. We really should have heard something by now.:confused:

derek
01-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Looks as if hasbro is putting this line on hold. No official word, just what I think. We really should have heard something by now.:confused:

i don't know about that. we might see some new stuff at toy fair next month......but if they don't pre-view new stuff at toy fair, you may be right.

but then again, wasn't it recently announced they were gonna re-release 3 vintage figures this summer?

Turbowars
01-17-2004, 10:36 PM
i don't know about that. we might see some new stuff at toy fair next month......but if they don't pre-view new stuff at toy fair, you may be right.

but then again, wasn't it recently announced they were gonna re-release 3 vintage figures this summer?Yeah, but I bet they will be rehashes.:evil:

Tycho
01-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Just an update: I got 2 Yoda 12" from Wal-Mart yesterday. I left 2 Lukes and the Bikerscout. My friend got the Ewoks.

So the line is shipping and that wave should sell pretty healthy.

Garindan, Obi-Wan, and Jawas are a little less exciting.

Garindan is cool though - I got him through a friend with overseas connections. But just because he may be cool to you and me, will he be cool enough to enough old collectors who have not given up, and will he intice enough new collectors ("I didnt see that guy in TPM or AOTC.")

And Toys R Us still has a ton of:

Mace Windu
Zam Wessel
Imperial Officer
AT-ST Driver
Han Solo
Dengar

I think that bunch typically covers it after Christmas took care of a few others from those figures' waves.