PDA

View Full Version : Ultra C-3PO's pod is a hunk of crap!!

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 03:51 PM
:mad: I wish I return it, but I can't because I bought a case. Anyone want a loose one? Compared to the other two this thing sucks big time! The Pod should be an embarrassment to Hasbro. The Action Fleet version was more accurate then this thing.

Kidhuman
12-07-2003, 04:23 PM
If you're giving iot away for free I'll take it. My stepson would love it. If not no biggie. Ipassed on it myself, didnt like it. 3PO looks stumpy(wife said that being nice).I think he looked like dog manure

Turbowars
12-07-2003, 04:31 PM
If you're giving iot away for free I'll take it. My stepson would love it. If not no biggie. Ipassed on it myself, didnt like it. 3PO looks stumpy(wife said that being nice).I think he looked like dog manureLOL, you want free shipping also?:stupid: The C-3PO doesn't bother me that much. It's just the Pod. The set reminds me of a bootleg toy from Mexico. It looks like 3PO and Pod, but there's just something wrong. You know what I mean?

Silent Chazz
12-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Gee, I know who's gonna win (or lose in this case lol) in the Least Favorite Thread once it gets around to this wave (a long time from now). ;P

Kidhuman
12-07-2003, 08:28 PM
LOL, you want free shipping also?:stupid: The C-3PO doesn't bother me that much. It's just the Pod. The set reminds me of a bootleg toy from Mexico. It looks like 3PO and Pod, but there's just something wrong. You know what I mean?

I know what ya mean. There is something about it that makes me go ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. It can rot on the shelves for all I care. LOL

fishyfett
12-07-2003, 08:42 PM
:mad: I wish I return it, but I can't because I bought a case. Anyone want a loose one? Compared to the other two this thing sucks big time! The Pod should be an embarrassment to Hasbro. The Action Fleet version was more accurate then this thing. How much will you sell a loose set??? And shipping, too???? LMK....thanks..

bobafrett
12-07-2003, 08:45 PM
The sad thing is, I'll buy one, if I ever find it.

JediCole
12-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I'd be willing to buy just the pod from you. The last thing I need is yet another C-3PO but the pod alone would be what I'd buy if for.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2003, 09:34 AM
For as "crappy" as the pod is... I really don't have a problem with it. The Threepio isn't the greatest because they just reused the droid factory version. It's funny because we got a really good Tatooine Threepio in the reissue over the summer. *shrug*

Oh, well... I din't get it. I'm just a little miffed as Hasblah is using this height appropriate but otherwise crummy Threepio sculpt for the next couple protocol droids in 2004.:(

AmanaMatt
12-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Man, this is a tough crowd. For me, since this is a $10 wonder, you get a lot of bang for your buck - I have no problem with this set (though I have one carded only).

mark2d2
12-08-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm right there with you, Amanamatt.

I'm totally loving this release! Sure, the Threepio is nothing to write home about, but I think that he is more than adequate. The fact that he is a repaint of the Droid Factory Fig makes for some interesting mixing and matching if one is so inclined. Also, the weathering on the finish is MUCH better in person on mine than it was in any of the pics I saw online.

The Pod. Yes, yes, yes, it is a trifle small. But other than that, the thing is just sweet! I love all the sculpted details inside and out. The movable thrusters. The four color paint deco. The realism of the rust alone is something that I have not seen on any other vehicles. Oh, and it is surprisingly sturdy as well. I was worried it would fall apart with the split apart construction, but that fear was unfounded. And yes --- Artoo does fit in as well though it is not roomy by any means. Still, it's not like the pod was ever overly spacious in the film either. . .

As a OT fanatic --- this is one nifty little toy. It makes me very nostolgic for my long lost Land of the Jawas playset. Now if I could just track me down R1-G4. . . my journey into the past would be complete. Especially if that pesky Sandcrawler would at long last appear somewhere definite on the horizon.

:D

Turbowars
12-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Well, I guess my standards are higher for hasbro. They could do so much better! I know they could. I mean look at the Gunship and Hailfire droid! I guess it's cool that some of you like it. ;)

mark2d2
12-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Bear in mind that I am judging this toy as an "Accessory."

Had this been released as a "Vehicle", I would not be so kind.

Truthfully, I am right there with you, Turbowars. In a perfect world, I'd have LOVED to been offered a top notch --- too scale --- release. Imagine how cool this could have been with a "sliding" door hatch feature just like in the film!!!

For years and years, I simply never understood the way Hasbro ignored the Escape Pod. . . Not only is it a CRUCIAL vehicle. But the small size means they could really have knocked this one out of the park. . .

But apparently --- nearly everybody else in the Star Wars collecting community thinks that this is a boring ship. (I even tried starting threads about it. . . to a great collective. . . Yawn.) Personally, I don't get. As a kid, my Land of the Jawas Escape Pod was among my toy favorites. Sure it didn't explode apart or make any cool sounds. And it, too, was cramped to be sure. . . But it DID give characters the opportunity to Escape! And pretty much every vintage figure used it at one point or time to do just that. . . Heck, even FX-7 used it a few times to blast away from Hoth. . .

Maybe some day --- they'll redo it. Properly. Stranger things have happened. It'd sure make for a swell 30th Anniversary piece. . .

Till then, though, I have to admit I am enjoying this latest update. Feeling like a kid again as it crashes into the "sand" of my bedsheet. Sadly I just don't believe that the demand is there for anything more. And yes, to resort to the dullest of cliches. . . it IS better than nothing. . . Way, way, way better.

BoShek
12-09-2003, 04:34 PM
I saw it in the store, with the other two from the wave, but only got Rieken. I don't know, he didn't look that great. If they don't have anyone else I need the next time I go, I'll get him.

Turbowars
12-10-2003, 12:53 AM
I'd be willing to buy just the pod from you. The last thing I need is yet another C-3PO but the pod alone would be what I'd buy if for.It's all yours. PM me if you still want it.

Droidlover
12-12-2003, 04:10 AM
I almost picked it up for for Threepio, hence my screen name, but just could not slap down a ten spot for another Threepio.

fishyfett
12-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Eh, I bought it today. Doesn't really bother me. I just want the pod. Realistically speaking, it's not really worth the 10 bucks, but it's worth having nonetheless. I think the accessory here is 3-PO. I can see where the extra money is spent on by Hasbro. I've never seen a card stock this thick on a blister pack ever since I collected SW stuff. Perhaps it would've been more expensive if they boxed it up. Now I want Rieekan!!!! :)