PDA

View Full Version : What should come next from Master Replica?

Imperial Monarche
12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Now that the Emperor's cane has been released, what should they do now? Personally, I'd like to see Boba Fett's blaster rifle made. Or how bout a plain old stormtrooper blaster. What about Qui-Gon's lightsaber hilt?

stillakid
12-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Now that the Emperor's cane has been released, what should they do now? Personally, I'd like to see Boba Fett's blaster rifle made. Or how bout a plain old stormtrooper blaster. What about Qui-Gon's lightsaber hilt?

That metal piece that the Stormtrooper holds up when he says, "Look, sir, droids." :D

jeddah
12-10-2003, 11:00 AM
That metal piece that the Stormtrooper holds up when he says, "Look, sir, droids." :D

Sad, but true, I can get you one of those on the real! :D We R2builders think of everything

jeddah

Jayspawn
12-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Qui-Gon's Lightsaber is a must! I bet MR could get Liam Neeson to do a signature edition as well.

How about Yoda's Gimmer stick? I dont know how MR feels about wooden canes.

A Stormtrooper Blaster would be great!

A year or so from now when Episode III comes out they could make Anakin and Obi-Wan's lightsabers.

stillakid
12-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Sad, but true, I can get you one of those on the real! :D We R2builders think of everything

jeddah

How much will you (over)charge me (like Master Replica's do...does...whatever...)? ;)

JosephSI
12-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Qui-Gon's Lightsaber would be a great item to have. I really liked the Jango Fett Blasters. The day they came into the shop I was like oooooh and ahhhhhh! I also liked the Dooku lightsaber so I think Master Replicas will do a good job with Qui-Gon.

stillakid
12-12-2003, 07:39 PM
japor snippet

stillakid
12-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Midichlorian measure...measurer...uh, measuring thing.

stillakid
12-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Ready Anytime Jedi Breathing Masks as seen in The Phantom Menace.

stillakid
12-12-2003, 07:45 PM
That power cell battery thing that Qui Gon just happened to have somehow so he could give it to Ani just in time to try out the Podracer.

stillakid
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
That 101 uses button that Padme pushes in the ship in AOTC on Tatooine.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Kamino Saber Dart - Chewie's Binders from ANH - Zam's Blaster - CloneTrooper "Binoculars"

Imperial Monarche
12-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Pedr0']Kamino Saber Dart - Chewie's Binders from ANH - Zam's Blaster - CloneTrooper "Binoculars"

How about one of the Royal Guards force pikes? Or the lamp thing that Yoda picks up from Luke's stuff? Lando's wrist watch?Scout trooper blaster? The hanging dice in the Falcon? :crazed: But in reality, Chewbacca's bowcaster would be real cool!!!

Jayspawn
12-14-2003, 10:46 PM
I dont think that the Force Pike or Lando's Watch are very exciting.

Theres only a few feasable replicas left they could make that would be exciting and sell well like Qui-Gon's Lightsaber, maybe the Jedi Communicator (aka the ladies razor), the Scout Trooper Pistol would sell well and maybe a Stormtrooper Blaster or Boba Fett Rifle.

Do you know how much $$$ a Clonetrooper Rifle or Bowcaster would co$t??? Lots! They could always make Han's Blaster from ESB or ROTJ.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-14-2003, 11:00 PM
They could always make Han's Blaster from ESB or ROTJ.
Or Luke's. :p

jedihunter25
12-14-2003, 11:42 PM
The long awaiting Stormtrooper Blaster

Life Size Han in Carbonite- I know lots of $$$, but they had them before (I think it was Don Post Studios) and they sold out for around $1200. They go on Ebay now every once in a while for over $2000. The side panels were real crappy, but MR can do it right- maybe with panels that lite up. I'll pay $1300-$1600 for that instead of $2000 - $3000 for one with crappy panels.

greengoblin3825
12-17-2003, 12:21 AM
Dejarik chess board would be neat, Luke's blaster, fett's rifle and jet pack, and for the outlandish overpriced item of the year The Emperor's Chair

Jayspawn
12-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Rebelscum is reporting that Master Replicas will soon be making an anouncment on an upcoming Episode III Anakin Lightsaber.

ANAKINYODA
01-01-2004, 11:18 AM
:crazed: Hello! Brothers,

I come from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you. According to next year MR saber
planning. My friend told me, MR will been issue ANAKIN SE/LE saber in March or
April. I don't know, this is ture or not. On the other hand, I missing OBI-WAN AOTC saber and I want to buy OBI-WAN AOTC but this saber had been sold out at a long time.:cry:

[DSS]Pedr0
01-01-2004, 12:24 PM
:crazed: Hello! Brothers,

I come from Hong Kong. Nice to meet you. According to next year MR saber
planning. My friend told me, MR will been issue ANAKIN SE/LE saber in March or
April. I don't know, this is ture or not. On the other hand, I missing OBI-WAN AOTC saber and I want to buy OBI-WAN AOTC but this saber had been sold out at a long time.:cry:
Dunno on release date but price range is like $360.
Ebay has Obi AoTC for minimum $450-up.

Jayspawn
01-01-2004, 05:01 PM
The Alec Kenobi Lightsaber is next on my list. The Qui-Gon is #1 on my wishlist!

[DSS]Pedr0
01-19-2004, 02:02 AM
Rebelscum is reporting that Master Replicas will soon be making an anouncment on an upcoming Episode III Anakin Lightsaber.
SW.com confirms that this week, on the 22nd(21st for me :D ), MR will release the Anakin AoTC saber. 1,500 for $350.

JosephSI
01-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Pedr0']SW.com confirms that this week, on the 22nd(21st for me :D ), MR will release the Anakin AoTC saber. 1,500 for $350.

It is already available for Pre-Sale. Check the link...

http://shop.southernisland.com/detail.aspx?ID=346

[DSS]Pedr0
01-19-2004, 07:48 AM
It is already available for Pre-Sale. Check the link...

http://shop.southernisland.com/detail.aspx?ID=346
I only go to the MR site to get mine.

ANAKINYODA
01-19-2004, 08:11 AM
:D :D Yes, I want to buy signature edition. But I don't know, how many and how much for signature edition?:crazed: :crazed:

sith_killer_99
01-19-2004, 09:11 PM
I want to see helmets and armor!

Darth Vader helmet
Boba Fett helmet
Stormtrooper helmet
Clone Trooper helmet
Scout Trooper helmet
Snowtrooper helmet
Sandtrooper Pauldron
AT-AT Driver helmet
TIE Pilot helmet
Death Star Gunner helmet

Boba Fett Armor
Clone Trooper Armor
Stormtrooper Armor
Scout Trooper Armor
Snowtrooper Armor
Sandtrooper pack (since the armor is the same for Stormtroopers)
AT-AT Driver Armor

That would be soooooo cool!

JosephSI
01-19-2004, 09:18 PM

Darth Vader helmet
Boba Fett helmet
Stormtrooper helmet
Clone Trooper helmet
Scout Trooper helmet
Snowtrooper helmet
Sandtrooper Pauldron
AT-AT Driver helmet
TIE Pilot helmet
Death Star Gunner helmet

Boba Fett Armor
Clone Trooper Armor
Stormtrooper Armor
Scout Trooper Armor
Snowtrooper Armor
AT-AT Driver Armor

Check this out for Helmets

Boba Fett: http://shop.southernisland.com/detail.aspx?ID=312
Jango Fett: http://shop.southernisland.com/detail.aspx?ID=314
Clone Trooper: http://shop.southernisland.com/detail.aspx?ID=313

I own the Clone Trooper Helmet. It is very cool. Now if I only could find a place for armor as well.

sith_killer_99
01-19-2004, 09:34 PM
I've seen the Rubies stuff, I like the Clone Trooper helmet but was never reall that inpressed with the Boba Fett helmet.

I would like to see a highly detailed movie quality prop replica of the helmets and armor.

I know that there are some fans (some on this very site) who own custom armor and do the whole thing. But I would really like to see someone do an officially licensed set of armor as well as some helmets.

I would love to have a set of Boba Fett aromor, but I'm a bit stockier than Jeremy. I would probably be better off with a set of Jango's armor, though I'm not guite as big as him either. I go about 5' 10' 175-180lbs.

stillakid
01-20-2004, 12:15 AM

Darth Vader helmet
Boba Fett helmet
Stormtrooper helmet
Clone Trooper helmet
Scout Trooper helmet
Snowtrooper helmet
Sandtrooper Pauldron
AT-AT Driver helmet
TIE Pilot helmet
Death Star Gunner helmet

Boba Fett Armor
Clone Trooper Armor
Stormtrooper Armor
Scout Trooper Armor
Snowtrooper Armor
AT-AT Driver Armor

Zounds! As cool as it would be, this stuff is already expensive enough from "private" manufacturers. Can you imagine what the Master Replica markup might be?! :eek:

Exhaust Port
01-20-2004, 01:02 AM
But it's a market that they haven't done a good job of running. The only available licensed stuff are those awful Rubies helmets leaving a fan having to track down a better version from the private market (which is under the gun from LucasArts). The Rubies helmets aren't bad because of the the materials or manufacturing, they suck because they don't even look like the originals. Having a properly sculpted helmet wouldn't raise the price but it would increase demand as (1) they would be more desireable since they are more accurate and (2) since they are officially licensed they would be more available to the fans. No more creeping around hidden online forums looking for costumes.

Yes, there have been some outstanding licensed helmets in the past by Don Post. Current prices for his Deluxe models are over $1000 which I would have to believe is driven more by the fan interest and the limited supply than by actual cost of the item. Didn't Don Post pull out of the SW helmet business due to lack of interest in the helmets making them slow sellers? Looking at the popularity of fan costumes I'd have to believe that someone could make a living selling these things in todays market as long as the quality was there.

Full costumes would be interesting. I could see a helmet going for $200 but a full set of armor would probably run at least $500 but isn't that what a set of fan made armor goes for anyway? i would think that the Stormtrooper armor would be the easiest to make and sell as it's mostly armor where as the Boba Fett armor is armor as well as tons of other accessories that would raise the prices to astronomical levels. If they sold just the armor pieces leaving you to find the rest of the pieces on your own would be fine by me.

If this were to ever happen it would have to happen within a year or 2 of the last movie hitting the theaters. Anything after that and I would imagine that most would steer clear of this knowing that the interest in SW can only decrease.

stillakid
01-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Yes, there have been some outstanding licensed helmets in the past by Don Post. Current prices for his Deluxe models are over $1000 which I would have to believe is driven more by the fan interest and the limited supply than by actual cost of the item. Didn't Don Post pull out of the SW helmet business due to lack of interest in the helmets making them slow sellers? Looking at the popularity of fan costumes I'd have to believe that someone could make a living selling these things in todays market as long as the quality was there.

The Don Post Deluxe, which really were the only ones worth getting, ran around $1,200.00 a piece. Fan made masks can run just about as much depending upon quality, so that seems to be the general price range they'd have to be no matter what. Then add armor, accessories, "soft" goods...

Despite the general "good" that Costuming Fan Clubs do (hospital visits, fund raisers, etc.) I've heard that Lucasfilm isn't keen on the idea of a bunch of non-sanctioned fans running around as "representatives" of the franchise. Apparently that's the primary obstacle to getting an officially licensed full and accurate costume. It runs counter to logical thinking knowing that guys are out there anyway, so you'd figure Lucas wouldn't want crappy costumes out there representing him "de facto," but that's Legal for ya.

Exhaust Port
01-20-2004, 09:59 AM
It is bizarre that rather than produce his own costumes for his fans to wear, he does nothing of the sort then complains that fans are running around in non-official costumes. If he made them, people would buy them but if he's not then he has no reason to complain.

stillakid
01-20-2004, 10:04 AM
It is bizarre that rather than produce his own costumes for his fans to wear, he does nothing of the sort then complains that fans are running around in non-official costumes. If he made them, people would buy them but if he's not then he has no reason to complain.

It's not the quality of the costumes he's complaining about. It's that they exist at all. The thinking on Lucasfilms part is that if there is an event which requires the use of costumed actors, they should be the only ones providing said personnel. On a certain level, that makes absolute sense. It's his intellectual property (the designs of the costumes and characters) so the reasoning follows. Afterall, what if some dope dressed up in a Darth Vader costume and started cursing up a storm in front of a bunch of kids...or worse? I think that's the fear. However, it's one of those "what ifs." As far as I know, nothing of the sort has ever happened so it's just a matter of another corporate legal department dreaming up things to occupy their time. I've seen similar nonsense from other Hollywood studios. Fear runs the business on every level.

Jayspawn
01-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Don Post made Deluxe Helmets of Darth Vader and Boba Fett, I've seen them before they're very impressive. The Star Wars Fan Club offered them (back when they offered cool stuff) back in the day.

Rubies has the license. We willl never get Armor because of all the different sizes people come in -its just like clothes. It can be a real hassle and no company wants to deal with that. Now Rubies is supposed to be making deluxe helmets of Clonetrooper, Vader and Jango Fett but I've not heard anything.

sicqnus
01-20-2004, 12:31 PM
The Rubies prototypes are inferior in quality. Having a closer look at them is very disapointing. The price of the Rubies should be between $650 and $750.

Check this cool page here :

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/
Scroll down to find the Rubies section on the left.

These are the prototypes (Clone Trooper and Vader's). I read somewhere Rubies finally got the Lucasfilm approval for a production run, I don't know if it's true or not. Well wait and see...

stillakid
01-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Don Post made Deluxe Helmets of Darth Vader and Boba Fett, I've seen them before they're very impressive. The Star Wars Fan Club offered them (back when they offered cool stuff) back in the day.

They also made a Deluxe BikerScout as well, but in very limited numbers. It's pictured here:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5757 next to my Deluxe Vader.

Jayspawn
01-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Say stillakid, where did you get YOUR Darth Vader Helmet?

stillakid
01-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Say stillakid, where did you get YOUR Darth Vader Helmet?

As they say, I knew a guy. ;) I live relatively close to where Don Post Studios was so I was in a position to know someone who worked there.

Jayspawn
01-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Ahh, I have one of those on the TOP of my want list. They're not easy to come by.

stillakid
01-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Ahh, I have one of those on the TOP of my want list. They're not easy to come by.

Try here:

http://www.vadermaker.com/

and here: http://rpf.prop-planet.com

and here: http://www.501st.com

for "non-official" sources of fanmade masks. In some cases, they are more accurate than the Don Post versions. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
01-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Info:

Replica of the medal given at Yavin from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
Constructed of solid, die-cast metal and plated in 18k gold with a rich matte finish.
Suspended from an olive-green ceremonial ribbon like the ones used for a military medal of honor.
Presented in a black lacquered, jewelry-style box handsomely accented with the Rebel insignia on top.
Displayed on a cushion of luxurious textured material inside the presentation box. The inner panel of the presentation box can be propped inside the top of the box to form a striking A-frame display.
Carefully recreated from original archival materials and fully authorized and endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7360&stc=1

Jayspawn
01-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Sounds cool. A display case would be nice though. I may end up picking one up (a display case) at a hobby store when I actually order one. Thses should be offered soon.

Jayspawn
02-04-2004, 12:19 PM
So WHEN is Master Replicas going to offer the Yavin medal? I just got the email from them about it but it didnt say WHEN!

[DSS]Pedr0
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
So WHEN is Master Replicas going to offer the Yavin medal? I just got the email from them about it but it didnt say WHEN!
Goes on sale tomorrow morning for CS members and on Fri for everyone else. Typically 8 am, maybe sooner.

Darth Kirk
02-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Ok, these could be cool collectibles.. What about Luke's severed hand and/or Ani's severed arm?? Come on people, this could work.. Or what about Artoo's defective rocket boosters.. I mean come on, the damned things weren't working 20 years later; I guess the warranty ended on em.. I love freakin' Star Wars.. I do have a great collection and am willing to collect some of the more obscure aspects of THE BEST franchise in motion picture history!!!!!

Jayspawn
02-09-2004, 01:50 PM
I dont think they would work. I wouldn't buy them. :zzz:

mini-rock
02-11-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping for more blasters. Zams would be nice, Clonetroopers, Battledroids, Naboo Guard (like Panakas) Amidalas from the throne room.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-12-2004, 08:48 AM
This is what's coming next from MR....

"Dear Collector,

It's been hush-hush...till NOW! But, we just can't keep it secret any longer.

So, we're giving you our valued and loyal customer the inside scoop. You're the first to know about the amazing year we have planned for you so that you can start planning your 2004 collection.

In 2004 we've reduced the number of prop replica releases from our Star Wars and STAR TREK lines so you'll want to collect them all. Many of our limited editions will be offered in smaller quantities than in the past, which will enhance the value of these collectibles, but you'll have to act fast! Our first two limited edition Star Wars releases this year, the Anakin Lightsaber and the Medal of Yavin, both have edition sizes of only 1500, and they are selling out quickly. Here's a taste of what you have to look forward to in the coming year:

Our Star Wars line is more diverse than ever this year. You can look forward to collectible vehicles, jackets and our elegant new scaled lightsaber replicas.

NEW! .45 Scale Lightsaber replicas, including:
Luke Skywalker, Episode VI - February
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Episode II - February
Mace Windu, Episode II - February
. . . And more!
NEW! AT-AT vehicle, Episode V - Spring/Summer
NEW! Star Wars FX Jacket, Episode IV - Spring

Plus, we'll have more of the high-quality prop replicas you love to collect:

Princess Leia Organa Blaster, Episode IV - Spring
Stormtrooper Blaster, Episode IV - Summer/Fall
Rebel Blaster, Episode IV - Summer/Fall
STAR TREK Klingon Disruptor - Summer
STAR TREK Tricorder - Summer

And, we'll offer two new versions of our incredible Force FX Lightsabers:

Luke Skywalker FX Lightsaber, Episode V - Summer
Mace Windu FX Lightsaber, Episode II - Summer "

:D

Jayspawn
02-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Woohoo! I'm really excited about the Stormtrooper and Rebel Blasters -those are gonna be sweet! :p

bobafett07728
02-12-2004, 12:38 PM
I've ordered the Yavin Medal, and it will be my first Master Replica. The prices are just too high for me. I was considering the Thermal Detonator, simply because it is also one of the cheaper options. I think their replicas are wonderful, just wish I could afford them. I'm looking forward to see what some of this new stuff will look like. A FX Jacket!?!?!? What the heck could that be? The weapons are always top-notch. I may have to splurge if they released Boba Fett's Blaster!

Jayspawn
02-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Welcome to the club bobafett07728. You'll be more than satisfied I can assure you. I just got my Darth Maul Lightsaber Replica and its now my 5th saber.

Lets see...an FX Jacket? What could that be. I'm thinking maybe a Luke Skywalker Bespin or a Han Solo Vest.

Master Replicas has also aquired the license for "The Lord of the Rings." Interesting because United Cutlery already has the license and they shord replicas are top of the line. I own the Glamdring, Sword of Gandalf and it is simply amazing.

bobafett07728
02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Lets see...an FX Jacket? What could that be. I'm thinking maybe a Luke Skywalker Bespin or a Han Solo Vest.

I would imagine Han Solo would be the biggest draw, but you never know. I could go for a Yavin Celebration Luke Skywalker Jacket to go with my medal :D

I'm sure when I recieve my medal, and I officially "join the club" I'll get a serious itch, and look into getting some more stuff. I just couldn't pass on the Yavin Medal, it looks great.

mini-rock
02-12-2004, 03:56 PM
The fiber optic jacket is actually like a letterman jacket with a scene from SW:ANH that plays on the back. It's from the Death Star scene I believe. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
02-16-2004, 08:39 AM
The mini-sabers OFFICIALLY go on sale to CS Members on the 19th. Buy all 3 with a free display stand/case for $105.

ANAKINYODA
02-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Toy Fair MR AT-AT is very beautiful. I must buy it, hope MR early release it :D

Jayspawn
02-16-2004, 12:30 PM
That AT-AT looks sweet! I wonder what the $ on that is gonna be. I'm going for it!

greengoblin3825
02-16-2004, 11:36 PM
That AT-AT looks sweet! I wonder what the $ on that is gonna be. I'm going for it!
1200 bit too far out of my price range unfortunately

Jayspawn
02-17-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna pass for that price too. I could almost buy a Han in Carbonite Replica for that much.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-17-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm gonna pass for that price too. I could almost buy a Han in Carbonite Replica for that much.
I'm still going to try for it. Doesnt hurt to order it when it comes out and then cancel it somewhere down the line. As long as I secure a chance then cool.

Jayspawn
02-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I still have my fingers crossed for the Qui-Gon Lightsaber. That and the Stormtrooper Blaster are the tops of my list!

Hellboy
02-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Any Blasters, especially the Stormtroopers would be cool.

mini-rock
03-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Looks like we will be getting blasters. ;)

Personally, I'd like to see more Blueprints. Mace, Jango, and JTR come to mind.

Jayspawn
03-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Wow! And wohoo! Yakface.com has just posted a pic up the upcoming Rebel Blaster! I didnt see this one coming. I thought Leia's Blaster was up next. Sure fooled me. The retail is gonna be $449 and is limited to 2500! Preorders start in the next month or two!!!

AHHH So soon!!!

mini-rock
03-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Wow! And wohoo! Yakface.com has just posted a pic up the upcoming Rebel Blaster! I didnt see this one coming. I thought Leia's Blaster was up next. Sure fooled me. The retail is gonna be $449 and is limited to 2500! Preorders start in the next month or two!!!

AHHH So soon!!!

Thanks for the update Jayspawn. :)

According to the email Master Replicas sent to us Collector Society Members at the beggining of February, the Rebel Blaster will be a Summer/Fall release along with the Stormtrooper Blaster, and Leia's Blaster will be a Spring release. I guess that could change though, who knows, but still exciting getting news on this.

As for the pic they got that from Marz Dist., and from the discussion over at rebelscum, the piece is actually from someones collection...not MR's product. Still a good example though, but there's no doubt MR's final product will look much better. I'm not too excited about the high production run, but I guess that means people will be finding these at a good discount eventually. :)