PDA

View Full Version : "pilot" Saeese Tinn and the Jedi Starfighter

jad
12-11-2003, 12:04 AM
Just got the new Pilot Clone wars Saesae Tinn. Really cool figure, i've been looking forward to since I saw the first pics. I was also looking forward to having him pilot the jedi starfighter. Unfortunately due to the starfighters tight leg room he will barely fit, and the only way to get him to fit is to take off his headset and really smash him in there. So whats the point though if I can't even have the headset on him.

I was just curious though, since I only have the red jedi starfighter, if Hasbro took the liberty of changing this problem with the blue starfighter. It's doubtful but still a legitimate question. So can anyone provide the answer? :)

Silent Chazz
12-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Apparently not because someone was complaining on here about CW Anakin not fitting into one of those.

hango fett
12-11-2003, 10:30 AM
i tried to put plo koon in the red one and he fit but with much difficulty (mind you this was the saga plo koon) i managed to wiggle him in but i had trouble keeping the cockpit door thing down. it would pop it back up...i then took him out and threw him across the room.
rrgh!
h

seanmcfripp
12-12-2003, 12:28 PM
The blue fighter is a straight up repaint of the red one, andyes, Saesee Tiin is snug in it too. If you pull up the back part of his robes and let that lay up against the back of the seat, he fits much better. Part of the problem is that his head is sculpted looking down slightly so that when he is in the fighter, he is actually looking straight ahead, unlike the other figures that look as though they're looking up at a 45 degree angle. Luckily my blue fighter has a snug lock when the cockpit is closed.

By the way, Saesee Tiin may very well be my new favorite SW figure. I know that's a lot to say considering how awesome the SA Clonetrooper is, but I just love how Saesee Tiin turned out. His design is a perfect marriage of style and function. He can go from a neutral stance with arms straight down at his sides to an action pose with both hands on his lightsaber. The soft goods skirt is most welcome, but too bad it covers some nice detailing on his pants and boots. The pilot theme is integrated into the overall Jedi costume style perfectly. I love the data cylinders on the left arm, a nice little nod to the old orange rebel flight suit. And man does he look mean and grizzled! The expression on his face is just too cool. I dunno, sometimes a figure just catches me the right way.

Oh, and Kit Fisto rocks too! Again, neutral stance = good action figure. He only really has the most basic articulation, but he is capable of so much. The ball jointed head and ankle articulation really puts him over the top. I just wish Hasbro would keep crankin' out CloneWars style Jedi. Even if they weren't Star Wars, they would still make really cool action figures.

amidalak
12-12-2003, 03:38 PM
have to agree about saesee tinn, outside the SA clonetrooper, the best fig of the CW line, but can't join you on kit fisto, i was really disappointed in this fig (not enough articulation, hate the bobblehead.) anyway, the only thing lacking on saesee to me is the reason for this thread, he just doesn't fit in the jedi starfighter well enough. beyond that, great fig, hopefully we will see more jedi in this fashion in the CW line (female jedi w/ soft goods, luminara, barris, and shaak ti, please!!!)

Turbowars
12-13-2003, 10:45 PM
I guess Hasbro's ship department didn't talk to their figure department, their quailty department didn't over see the ship dept and figure dept. So then the the quailty dept didn't talk to the package design dept and now the customer relations dept will not respond to us and forget they ever heard that the figures they make don't fit into the ships they make, so the negative feedback will never get back to the ten fat pigs sitting around a 20' table talking about when their Hummers and Rolls are going to be delivered.:dead: ;)