PDA

View Full Version : What have you bought, how much have you spent?

sith_killer_99
12-12-2003, 05:55 AM
OK, so I was wondering about the future of the Clone Wars line and got to thinking. I have spent more money and bought more Clone Wars toys than I have SAGA over the past year! It's true.

So what have you bought from the Clone Wars line and what do you intend to buy?

So far this year I have bought 60 basic SAGA figures at $5.00 each that's $300.00 add another $40.00 for tax for a grand total of $340.00.

So far from the Clone Wars line I have bought:

Yellow Clone set X3 $33.00
Red Clone set X3 $33.00
Blue Clone set X3 $33.00
Green Clone set X3 $33.00
White Clone set X2 26.00
Jedi Army X1 $11.00
Destroyer Droid Army X1 $11.00
Battle Droid Army X1 $11.00
Clone Speederbike X3 $33.00
Durge Speederbike X1 $11.00
Spider Droid X1 $11.00
Yoda with Clone value pack X3 $25.00
Anakin with Clone value pack X3 $25.00
ARC Trooper with Clone value pack X5 $35.00
Anakin X1 $5.00
Yoda X1 $5.00
ARC Trooper Blue X1 $5.00
ARC Trooper Red X4 $20.00
Mace X2 $10.00
Durge X2 $10.00
Obi-Wan X1 $5.00
Asajj X1 $5.00
Super Articulated Clone Trooper X4 $20.00

That $416.00 and I still need to buy Seasee Tiin(X1), Kit Fisto(X1), Obi-Wan(X1), Asajj(X1), White Clone Army pack (X1), Super Articulated Clone Trooper (X?).

Now mind you, some of this stuff came from ebay, trades, etc. I am showing what I spent on trade material or actual auctions. I only ever found 1 set of value packs at Wal-Mart and had to resort to ebay/trades for the rest. The Clones were easy enough to find, once I had one color MOMC, I opened the other sets and they had some pretty banged up cards/bubbles.

I plan on holding off on the SA Troopers for a while, give others a chance to get them. I was lucky enough to find 2 of each pkg variation but none of the cards were what I'd call mint. I kept the best carded ones packaged and opened the other 2 last night.

So how about it? Who else has gone Clone Wars crazy? :crazed:

amidalak
12-12-2003, 02:41 PM
i've picked up at least one of everything in the CW line, hopefully our buying sends the the message to hasbro to keep this line alive!

evenflow
12-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Deluxe Durge
Deluxe Clone Trooper
Durge
Assaj Ventras
Blue Clonetrooper pack

darthzirock
12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
I have at least two of all the basic, single-carded Clone Wars figures up to the second wave, plus I bought the Value Packs at Wal*Mart (1 of each). I have two Deluxe Durge with Swoop Bike sets, and one each of the Jedi Army and Clone Trooper with Rocket-firing Speeder Bike. I really like Asajj Ventress, so I've actually got four of her (1 is getting a custom all-black outfit with her hood up). So, that'd be:

2 x Anakin @ $5 = $10
2 x Yoda @ $5 = $10
2 x ARC Trooper @ $5 = $10
1 x 3 Value Packs @ $5 = $15
2 x Deluxe Durge @ $11 = $22
1 x Clone Trooper @ $11 = $11
4 x Asajj Ventress @ $5 = $20
2 x Mace Windu @ $5 = $10
2 x Durge @ $5 = $10
2 x Obi-Wan = $10
Total $128

Now, I'm sure I've spent more than that on SAGA figures this year, but that's still pretty impressive for just one person that doesn't even buy the ships or the other Army-builder packs. Also, I plan to buy at least two of each CW wave 3 figure, so that's another $30, and two of the red ARC Troopers, if I can ever find them, so that'd be $168 all told. (And that doesn't even take into consideration the upcoming animated CW figures!)

jjreason
12-13-2003, 06:18 PM
I've paid for the following (but haven't received most of it yet):

1 of each wave 1 basic figure (7x6=42)
3 extra ARC Troopers (3x6=18)
1 Durge w bike (12)
1 Clone w bike (12)
1 of each wave 2 basic figure (3x6=18)
1 of each army builder set (4x11=44)
1 Red ARC Trooper which I found up here at retail last week (6)
1 of each bonus pack (3x11=33)
----------------------------------------

For a total of 185 bucks. I also bought a Geonosian Fighter with pilot, but don't know if that's Clone Wars or Saga.

I will be getting the other Clone Trooper builder packs for the varying NCO's and officer figures, so that will be another 44 at least. I'm also considering a Hailfire Droid and a repainted Gunship which would bump the total again. For a periphery line, they've made their money off me this year.

CrossWizard
12-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Today I got my first Clone Wars figs at KB, both of them came in the bonus Trooper 2 pack.

ARC Trooper- $6.99
Anakin Skywalker- $6.99

They also had the Yoda 2 pack with a yellow Trooper but I passed on it. BTW does anybody know if Durge comes packed with a Trooper as well? it would be a cool and easy way to get a figure I want with a free army builder.

sith_killer_99
12-15-2003, 05:09 AM
No, Durge does not come with a Clone. Those "Value Packs" were only produced with the 1st Wave (Ani, Yoda and ARC). Congrats on finding 'em, they only hit once and disappeared pretty quickly.

1 of each army builder set (4x11=44)

Um, jjreason there are 5 army builder sets. (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, and all White).

LTBasker
12-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Wave 1:
Anakin x2
Yoda x2
ARC Trooper x4

Bonus Packs:
ARC Trooper x2
Anakin x2
Yoda x2

Wave 2:
Obi-Wan x2
Mace x2
Durge x2
Asajj x2

Wave 3:
Saesee x2
Kit x2
SA Clone x3

29 x 5 = $145

Give or take a few bucks from tax. (Most of it's in there anyways after rounding out 4.77 to 5.)

Haven't gotten to see any CW 3-packs or deluxe yet.

Dark Marble
12-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Lets see...

Ani, Yoda, Arc trooper x4 =$30
Durge and clone biker = $25
Mace, Obi, Durge, Ventress = $20
Super pose clone x9 = $54
Command Gunship = $30
Ani's starfighter = $20
Jedi starfighter = $20
Geonosian fighter x2 = $40

Grand total $239.00 :eek: That is a hefty price tag for something I said I wasn't going to collect much of. And I still plan on getting a few more figures if I can find them. I would like two of the red arc troops to finish my little clone trooper obsession off. Not a bad haul, I am very impressed with the clone trooper line right now.

jedi master sal
12-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Yellow Clone set X4 $44.00
Red Clone set X3 $33.00
Blue Clone set X7 $77.00
Green Clone set X1 $11.00
White Clone set X9 $99.00
Jedi Army X2 $22.00
Destroyer Droid Launcher X2 $22.00
Battle Droid Army X2 $22.00
Spider Droid X3 $33.00
Yoda with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
Anakin with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
ARC Trooper with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
Anakin X1 $5.00
Yoda X1 $5.00
ARC Trooper Blue X6 $30.00
ARC Trooper Red X2 $10.00
Mace X1 $5.00
Durge X2 $10.00
Obi-Wan X1 $5.00
Asajj X1 $5.00
Super Articulated Clone Trooper X2 $10.00
Saesee x1 $5.00
Kit x1 $5.00
Command Gunship = $30
Ani's starfighter = $20
Jedi starfighter = $20
Geonosian fighter x2 = $40
Hailfire Droid x2=$ $40

For a total of: $682 before tax and $720.50 after tax approx(so far...as I plan on buying more clones, both SA and 3 packs)

I've bought at least one of every saga with some repack exceptions, and have army built red clones, Genosian warriors, etc as well as got the ships etc. I've probably spent more on saga, especially now with the deluxe and new waves that have just hit in the last month or so. But it's close....

Yikes, I'm glad I have a good job and a fiancee who's a collector as well who "get's it" as far as collecting goes.

aceguide
12-18-2003, 08:47 AM
I've bought almost all I could find, and therefore have spent too much...

BUT THEY ROCK!!! :D

thespar
12-21-2003, 07:39 PM
I only bought one of each value pack.

Silent Chazz
12-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I've bought Nothing of this line, lol. My walmart doesn't have CW figures, nor does the Supercenter Walmart in the town an hour from where I live. I can't really buy online either because I've got $5 in my pocket and that wont get me far (shipping and stuff).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-21-2003, 09:59 PM
The only purchase that I have made so far was an Anakin/Clone value pack at KB for $8 plus tax.

I have given up as a completist collector meaning I will pass on Yoda, Windu, Kenobi and a few others. The vehicles I've seen in the line so far don't interest me. The Deluxe figures and the 3 pack figures do, and I will concentrate my efforts on these babies after the Christmas shopping is complete. The Clone Figure 3 pack and the Droid army seem the easiest available while the Jedi Army I've only sighted once.

Val Da Car
12-22-2003, 11:34 PM
$500

CW 3 pack

3 Yellow
3 Blue
1 Green
1 Red
3 Jedi
2 Droid Army (BBTS $5.99 each)

Wave 1 complete 12 Arc Troopers total
Wave 2 complete
Wave 3 complete (plus 3 Art Troopers)

1 Geo Fighter
2 AAT Tank
2 Jedi Fighters (Kebco 25% off sale)
3 HailFire droids

3 CW Bonus Packs

Lots of trades and no mooching....and I have traded even more.
Still more Army building to go.

(Tycho is my idol)....once I have a place I want to create a Geonosian Diorama)
lol

Val Da Car
12-22-2003, 11:36 PM
If this question is posted in the Saga Forum my army building has he spending about $1000 or more...

I am always looking for the best deal but I did pickup the shuttle for $109 from EE and a second one for $59 from kbtoys.com

Jayspawn
12-23-2003, 09:57 AM
I've not bought too many Clone Wars items. Except for...

X2 ARC Troopers (on sale $2.99 each)
X1 ARC Trooper and White Clone 2-pack ($5.99 at KB)
X3 White Clonetrooper 3-packs ($9.99 at Target)
X2 Blue Clonetrooper 3-packs ($10.99 at TRU)
X1 Droid Army 3-pack ($9.99 at Target)
X2 Super Posable Clonetroopers ($4.99 at TRU)

Thats it. I'm going to completly pass on Anakin, Mace, Yoda and Durge. Im going for Clones and Droids alone.

skeeziks22
12-23-2003, 01:17 PM
I recently (ie yesterday) found a bunch of '04 basic figs at KB... Hoth luke, soldier, red 3PO... plus repacks (gold stripe) of ashla/jempa, yoda/chian, barriss, and aayla...

these were all marked with original '03 plus correct number so even thought they are re-packs , unlike the Jango they are not being considered part of the '04 waves... sucks for completists.

Anyone know how many earl '03 figs will be re-relased on gold stripe cards?

Also, KB upped there price to $7.99 (from $6.99) for new figs in Alaska. Even though original carded yoda/chian was next to the gold card for a dollar less...

sith_killer_99
12-23-2003, 01:36 PM
There are 7 re-issues from '03 to "Gold" they are:

Yoda and Chian
Ashla and Jempa
Aayla
Barriss
Boba Fett
Han Hoth
Anakin Secret

skeeziks22
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Is the Han Hoth reissue the brown coat version?

Tycho
12-23-2003, 11:03 PM
(Tycho is my idol)....once I have a place I want to create a Geonosian Diorama)
lol

Wow. Thanks for the compliment!

I work as a financial planner, so I teach people how to budget as well as invest. One thing you don't want to do is go further into debt. I know I've heard many people respond (to the poll about Hasbro changing SW figures' sizes, etc) that they want to quit collecting once they have every character seen on the screen (about 25% of our readers responded this way). I've sort of pessimistically assumed that this is due to many of them planning to pay off credit cards, or start saving money towards retirement or having an emergency fund - only AFTER they think they can stop spending every last dollar on toys. (Maybe you all weren't so bad as I used to be, but in college, I definitely did that - skipping meals to army build my stormtroopers or something). Meanwhile, it's terribly irresponsible as a grown adult in the real world, especially if you have a family.

Now I pre-pay my collecting hobby. I save the money in advance of the year I plan to spend it, if I can, or I designate certain amounts of my extra earnings to go to funds for things like the costs of a relationship (high maintainance girlfriends) or new clothes, roadtrips to amusement parks - a big orgasm for me, and of course Star Wars.

I've estimated my non-movie year spending is about $1500 per year. This does not afford me any display cases or custom wall boxes (not that I have room until I can get a house) but it is for the figures and toys alone.

Even with army building and populating my "towns" with aliens (such that I want 9 Eloms and 9 Whipids when those come out), I haven't gotten an estimate over $1,000 for 2004. Having anywhere from $5-600 extra for Star Wars from this year, would serve me well to save for a couple of my display cases, or put forward to 2005's expenses.

Now I don't even think 2002 went over $2,000, and if Episode 3 uses standard Clone Troopers, with the army builders I've bought (3 packs), I should be ahead of the game and not have a very expensive movie year.

I have bought possibly more Clone Wars figures than regular Saga figures this year, if only for the Super Articulated Clone Trooper, which I seriously concentrated my army building on (and still am - maybe for 8 more for some "savers" for E3 scenes where troops aren't in action stances - like if they're flanking Vader for example.

But while I don't know off hand how many figures and things I bought total amounted to, this December I spent $600 and some odd change alone, with some $300 left, burning a hole in my wallet until I find things I still plan to purchase.

It is definitely an expensive hobby, but I choose to only increase my earnings, not cut back an ounce.

Off the top of my head, just for an example I buy "differently":

5 Bail Organas
2 Padme Tatooines
Clone Wars Yoda - I only got the 2-pack with the Bonus Clone.
ARC Trooper - 1 red and probably 5-6 blue
Kren Blista Whatever Dignitary - won't buy Captain Crunch for example.
Concept Sketchtrooper - won't buy that either.
2 Coleman Trebors
9 Aayla Securas for different scenes, as I really like her.

5 X each Jedi Council Pack
4 X each Geonosian War Room Pack - pricey, but I want those figures for scenes and I want them off my lists.

I can only use 1 Hailfire Droid, and that sucks, because I can both afford and want another one - but what for?

I got 2 Geonosian Fighters.

I might buy a re-released AAT Tank and have it fight Anakin's Starfighter which I haven't bought yet, but as it sits, I'd rather spend as much as I want on Clones and get all the Whipids and Eloms I can use, before I worry about extra stuff I don't really need - not that I "need" any of it.

The point is I do try to plan and control my spending. If I go over $1500 in 2004, I won't buy ANY SW unless I make sure things like a $1,000 vacation fund is already loaded and set aside for, in case I want to travel. (My goals there are to accumulate separate funds for $2,000, 4,000 and 8,000 vacations respectively, traveling each time my investments perform to meet my desires. This way, SW collecting, or the costs of dating, shopping, or whatever don't interfere with my freedom to leave when I want, go where I want, and be able to afford not working when I want. But don't get me wrong: I've a long way to go to meet my goals. However, it is essential to have them, and create plans to achieve them.

With Star Wars I also get all the figures I need of a certain character as soon as they are released, and then I retire my plans to pick up any more - such as why I probably won't buy that new great-looking Bossk. I have 3 Bossk figures in scenes (Star Destroyer, Jabba's Palace, an EU Battle of the Bounty Hunters set) and one extra figure of him - I picked up for heck knows what. I just don't need a Bossk for the sake of collecting him. As resculpts become more common in what I perceive as Hasbro's only option for the future after we have a "Jira's Fruitstand Playset and Old Jira with Fruit Pallies action figure," I will probably be spending less and less on Star Wars, as might we all. That's why I figure they'll change the size of the figures probably 2-3 years after Episode 3, to hook us on rebuying all the core characters in super-articulated, super accessorized versions, about the same size as the Unleashed Figures (which might be training us to like that size now). Hey, I might buy them - it would be the only cause of me buying a Luke Tatooine ever again for the rest of my natural life...

Anyway I have a lot of other friends into collecting SW - and its nice to go to their homes and see unique stuff in their collections that I don't have. Such as the new Animated-Style Clone Wars figures I've decided I don't want. (I think I can resist - I think I can - I think I can...)

skeeziks22
12-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Tycho, I admire your fore thought and great budget planning... but that is what you do I see. My brother is an accountant for Charles Scwabb and he used tot ell me to invest in something solid, like stocks and bonds... that was before Bush became president though. Now he supports my collection.

I still try the bargain hunting thing... finding regular figures for no more than $5.50... this includes Wal-Mart, TRU and Fred meyers for me here (in Alaska) and K-Mart and Target elsewhere, but does not include KB and online resources... UNLESS I'm desperate, which happens to me being in AK.

I hear of all these great finds everyone is getting... like super articulated clone (which I think is packed in two different poses) and I can't help but do some web surfing... but I find myself resisting until I see in a store... even KB. BUT, as soon as those figures hit the other retailers I buy them there and return those to KB. I do this in case things never come to the other retailers, like the bonus pack figures etc.

I don't do dioramas, but do enjoy collecting figure and package variants now (I used to be opposed to this for $'s sake) that I have a larger budget. I also like the resculpts because I enjoy how they are displayed in the package. For this same reason, I will never need more than one Elom (unless there is a variant), super articulted clone etc. One of each is good for me as they line my shelves and aren't fighting anyone.

My vintage collection was for play as I was much younger then... so I have four royal guards, ten troopers etc... that was then... this is now. (plus there are enough resculpts to have that many troopers without buying multiples of the same)

Some day I will live in the real world again and be able to find these things when they are fresh on the scene... not two months later. We all have our ways... and as long as you enjoy it more power to you.

sith_killer_99
12-24-2003, 03:12 PM
The re-carded Han Hoth is available in both the Blue and Brown coats.

skeeziks22
12-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks sk-99... I found the brown version a few days ago as well as recarded boba fett, Anakin secret, aayla, barriss, yoda/chian, ashla/jempa, luke hoth, rebel hoth, r-3po (vader and luke duel and hoth storm were there as well, but I had those) all at TRU.

One thing I haven't gotten yet is my Holiday Yoda. I ordered three and paid for them a while ago (when they e-mailed me back in what month?). What's the deal with that? Anyone else not have their's yet?

kool-aid killer
12-27-2003, 12:06 PM
Here is what all ive got so far:

Geonosian fighter from TRU $20
Hailfire Droid from TRU $20
Yellow Clone 3 pack from TRU $11
Green Clone 3 pack from TRU $11
Blue Clone 3 pack from Target $10
White Clone 3 pack from Target $10
Durge from Target $5
Ventress from Target $5
Battle Droid 3 pack from Target $10
Arc Trooper (Blue) from Target $5

Not much compared to others but im satisfied. I went to a Target yesterday and seen that Ani and Yoda were clearenced so i may get them too.

dustrho
01-05-2004, 09:31 AM
On Clone Wars items alone I have spent about $900. :eek:

kool-aid killer
01-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Wow. Are you working on a specific scene to recreate?

dustrho
01-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Wow. Are you working on a specific scene to recreate?

Well, I wanted to create a battle scene from Geonosis (it's temporary because I don't have room to create a true diorama, but it will suffice for now). So, I bought a ton of Clone Troopers 3-packs, Separatist Droid Army 3-packs, and ARC Troopers.

http://www.chrisrhoads.com/sw_geonosis.htm
http://www.chrisrhoads.com/starwars/collection/clonewars/126_2657.jpg

kool-aid killer
01-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Nice pics. I like the one with the droids and Jedi led clones marching upon each other. Very cool. All those ARC troopers looked impressive too. Keep up the good work and welcome to the forums.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
01-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Blue ARC Trooper $6
Anakin Skywalker $6
Yoda $6
Blue ARC Trooper w/ White Clone $6
Anakin Skywalker w/ Blue Clone $6
Yoda w/ Yyellow Clone $6
Droid Army $13

OC47150
01-06-2004, 02:10 PM
I did get lucky by finding most of the Hoth wave (minus Hoth Luke), the rest of the nightclub wave and the deluxe set before Christmas. Other than picking up figures on clearance and some older figures at the flea market, I haven't bought any Saga figures at regular price this year.

ACPin
01-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Well, I wanted to create a battle scene from Geonosis (it's temporary because I don't have room to create a true diorama, but it will suffice for now). So, I bought a ton of Clone Troopers 3-packs, Separatist Droid Army 3-packs, and ARC Troopers.

Excuses, excuses! :p
Do what I do as all you need to have is a decent work/hobby table to layout the scene. Then take all the pics that you need and pack the stuff back in the box when you're done.

This message is also directed to Tycho who's been building up armies ever since but never attempted to show any of the scenes that he's been talking about.

Val Da Car
01-08-2004, 09:39 PM
ACPin...good to "see" you again cause you are so "sick".......(see Ep3 spoilers forum regarding what "sick" means)

I am also Army building like our friend Tycho....

I am building a home now and one thing I did allow myself is that the basement will be finished off but before that I will have a coming out party!!!

All of my clone, storm troopers will be coming out for my scenes I want to make....

jedi master sal
01-09-2004, 11:29 AM
I too am a long time army builder/nonposting picture person. My stuff is now all in plastic tubs. I ran out of room some time ago and inventoried all of my stuff over summer and have tried to keep up with it since.

Anyway here's an updated list of what I bought from the Clone Wars Line:

Yellow Clone set X4 $44.00
Red Clone set X3 $33.00
Blue Clone set X7 $77.00
Green Clone set X5 $55.00
White Clone set X12 $114.00 4@$9.99, 6@$10.99 and 2 @$5
Jedi Army X2 $22.00
Destroyer Droid Launcher X2 $22.00
Battle Droid Army X2 $22.00
Spider Droid X4 $44.00
Yoda with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
Anakin with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
ARC Trooper with Clone value pack X2 $10.00
Loose Blue clone from Value pack (eBay) X1 $5.00
Anakin X1 $5.00
Yoda X1 $5.00
ARC Trooper Blue X6 $30.00
ARC Trooper Red X2 $10.00
Mace X2 $10.00
Durge X2 $10.00
Obi-Wan X1 $5.00
Asajj X1 $5.00
Super Articulated Clone Trooper X4 $20.00
Saesee Tiin X1 $5.00
Kit Fisto X1 $5.00
Command Gunship X1 $30.00
Ani's starfighter X1 $20.00
Jedi starfighter X1 $20.00
Geonosian fighter x2 $40.00
Hailfire Droid x3 $60.00

For a total of: $792 before tax(so far...as I plan on buying more clones, both SA and 3 packs)

As to Saga Carded stuff that is Clone Wars related I've bought (This is just the armies not the characets like Obi-wan for instance):

C-3PO deluxe (w/red battle droid) x30 $132 28@$4 (KB's!) 2@$10
Yoda deluxe (w/super battle droid) x2 $20
Super Battle Droid x15 $65
Red Battle Droid x8 $40
Red Clonetrooper (from 4/23) x12 $60

For a total of: $317 before tax(so far...as I plan on buying more red battle droids)

So, I'm over the 1 Grand mark for clone wars stuff.

I shudder to think that that, was all bought (with the red clones and a couple of the super BD's from 4/23 as exception) within the last 4 1/2 months!

Glad my fiancee is a collector as well...

sith_killer_99
01-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Impressive, most impressive!

Val Da Car
01-09-2004, 05:56 PM
JMSal.....I thought I was the only one who went nuts when KBToys got the C3p0 set in...but I could only limit myself to 10 pieces

skeeziks22
01-09-2004, 06:09 PM
C-3PO deluxe (w/red battle droid) x30 $132 28@$4 (KB's!) 2@$10
Yoda deluxe (w/super battle droid) x2 $20

Are you attempting to build the assembly line? Or are you after the battle droid himself? It would be interesting to see a diorama of a completed assembly line as outlined in the essential guide to planets of EII book.

ACPin
01-09-2004, 10:12 PM
ACPin...good to "see" you again cause you are so "sick".......(see Ep3 spoilers forum regarding what "sick" means)

I am also Army building like our friend Tycho....

I am building a home now and one thing I did allow myself is that the basement will be finished off but before that I will have a coming out party!!!

All of my clone, storm troopers will be coming out for my scenes I want to make....
Thanks and all I need to do to remind myself just how sick I am is by looking at these! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php/cat/717/password/)

No wonder I couldn't find any of the clone trooper multi-packs since most of you have gotten them all. Maybe some of you can loan them to me so that I can build the other dioramas that I had in mind?

jedi master sal
01-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Are you attempting to build the assembly line? Or are you after the battle droid himself? It would be interesting to see a diorama of a completed assembly line as outlined in the essential guide to planets of EII book.

Indeed I am looking to make a diorama of the factory. I needed more Red BD's for me Arena diorama and thought what the heck a factory diorama would be cool.

I had all of those C-3PO's though. So, my local Fanforce group just had a big Year End party we call "Lifeday" in honor of the Holiday special, and I held a game which included those 3PO's.

each person had to build 5 3PO's complete. There were three rounds of qualifiers for the "championship" in which the three finalists had to build 9 3PO's. I gave a game away to the winner (Jedi Unleashed game) and everyone in attendance at our party got a 3PO, but I'm still left with just over a dozen of them...

Anyone need a 3PO? Seriously, send dollar for shipping and I'll put it in an envelope and send it off. PM me if your seriously interested and I'll give you the address. I like to customize but can't find the need to have this many 3PO's...Maybe I'll just throw them up on eBay as a "lot" of C-3PO's.

BTW, add 2 more white 3packs of clones and 1 more green pack as well as another spider droid to my list above!

skeeziks22
01-13-2004, 05:06 PM
So how 'bout things we CANNOT find. Many people just don't buy certain things so they aren't listed. BUT many of us have items not listed solely because we can't find them.

I can't find:

Deluxe Jango and OB1 Kamino duel (never saw them on the pegs)
Spider Droid (original and clone wars packaging)
Red clone 3-pack (I've seen them at KB but for $17.99!)
Green clone 3-pack

OB1 bar
Elan Bar
Aay Vida
Concept Stormtrooper
Imp. Dig. 2 (w/wide hat)
Clone Wars Kit Fisto
Clone Wars Sessae Tiin
Red ARC Trooper

there are probably more, but I can't recall them now...

Val Da Car
01-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I happened into a Walmart (before Christmas) and found them opening up a pair of cases with Obi Wan, Elam, Concept Stormie in the first case.

The second case was CW figs wave three...that was the only time I even knew they made it to retail.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2004, 08:57 PM
So how 'bout things we CANNOT find. Many people just don't buy certain things so they aren't listed. BUT many of us have items not listed solely because we can't find them.

I can't find:

Deluxe Jango and OB1 Kamino duel (never saw them on the pegs)
Spider Droid (original and clone wars packaging)
Red clone 3-pack (I've seen them at KB but for $17.99!)
Green clone 3-pack

OB1 bar
Elan Bar
Aay Vida
Concept Stormtrooper
Imp. Dig. 2 (w/wide hat)
Clone Wars Kit Fisto
Clone Wars Sessae Tiin
Red ARC Trooper

there are probably more, but I can't recall them now...

Well, the thread is primarily about the "Clone Wars" line, so on that note I have found almost everything from CW at retail. The only thing I am missing now is:

White Clone 3 pack MOMC
Kit Fisto MOMC
Saesee Tiin MOMC

So far I have found everything else. In fact I have also managed to find a few more Clone 3 packs. I do hope the stores manage to get in more of wave 3! My local Wally World is flooded with CW wave 1...it's awful seeing all those Anakins, Yodas, and ARC Troopers hanging on the pegs. And, to make matters worse, they only have the basic Blue ARC Troopers. :rolleyes:

kool-aid killer
01-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Im still looking for the SP Clone Trooper and the Red Arc. Ive only seen three Red Arc troopers but those were at a Suncoast store for $8. I may have to bend though and drop the extra three dollars if i really want one because i dont see him being sent out again. I only seen Fisto and Tiin once at Walmart and then i never seen them again.

skeeziks22
01-14-2004, 12:07 PM
I may have to bend though and drop the extra three dollars if i really want one because i dont see him being sent out again. I only seen Fisto and Tiin once at Walmart and then i never seen them again.

Well, I haven't seen them even once... I'd hold off the high price tagged ones unless price is no biggy... they are from the latest assortment, and a lot of stores are in the process of clearing out old for new, and making new layouts. I am betting that when new layouts are done more of the more recent waves will be coming.

I'm still waiting...