PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars SaeSae Tinn review

AmanaMatt
12-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Well, I scored this figure yesterday, and have to say, of the three versions that we now have in plastic form, this one is my favorite easily.

Sculpt - overall, a very dynamic sculpt including a really nice face sculpt with a great and not over-the-top expression. This guy looks mad as hell, which considering this is the Clone Wars version, seems fairly appropriate (hey, Jedis must have a breaking point too). There are a lot of details in the pants and the shirt that are quite expressives: folds where they should be and all of that. I do like the broken horn look, as well. The other versions of this piece either had not enough detail (version one) or too crazy a pose (#2). This one strikes a good balance. Speaking of which, this figure is a tad hard to pose to stand normally, but with some trial and error, he can without issue.

Articulation: at ten points: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist and the normal legs, this guy is not lacking. He can be posed to hold the lightsaber with two hands (with a little effort) or in just one making him look dynamic.

Accessories: the best part of this fig is that the headband, wrist guards and shin guards are removable, if not for this, I probably would have past on this fig, as he did look a bit lame wearing them (to me at least). The lightsaber has a removable blade as well, and is of the pastic (non metal) variety.

Cloth - well, this is the one sore spot. on mine, there were these hideous stitches to bind the cloth layers in the skirt together, and the are truly unsightly. They can be removed with serious effort (as to not rip the very fragile cloth) but can be done. Truth be told, I cleaned the stiches on mine up so that they are acceptable. The cloths ends have a kind of frayed looked, and to be honest, look kinda sucky - this is not anywhere near the soft goods we got a couple of years back with the new Lando.

Overall, well, considering this is really the first single carded Clone Wars fig I wanted to buy, this is my favorite of the very mediocre line, which I am passing on for the most part. However, I think most will dig this figure quite a bit.This is not the greatest of all time, but a lot better than the previous incarnations as I meantioned. Be careful, the paint detail, especially on the face, can vary a bit, so I went through about three before I picked the one I liked.

Old Fossil
12-14-2003, 03:30 AM
Great review! Pretty much agrees with other reviews I've read on the Net. Hope I can find this figure soon, along with a score of SA Clones!

plasticfetish
12-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah, nice review ... I've been waiting too see this one, to see how the third wave of these figures turned out in general. I really liked the first three figs (Anakin, Yoda, Arc) but didn't care for the second bunch ... except for Asajj.

**EDIT**
Well, hey ... I found him today and I really like this figure. I'm amazed at how the sculpt and paint job actually look better in person than the version on the card back. Great face sculpt and paint! I really think that the soft cloth "skirt" works nicely for this figure. Super stuff. (Makes me want to pick up a fighter for this one now also.)

Emperor Howdy
12-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Errr....just one thing. Is it me or does he look like the offspring of Freddie Krueger and Legend? :nerv:

AmanaMatt
12-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Errr....just one thing. Is it me or does he look like the offspring of Freddie Krueger and Legend? :nerv:

Well, he sure as that look like he is about to rips someone's arm off, so kinda. That is not to say this does not blow all other Saesae Tinns away, though.