PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Luke's Goggles, what a joke!!

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 12:16 PM
For those that haven't opened him or haven't tried the Goggles on, please do because you are in for a laugh. The Googles are for a 6-7" figure not a 3.75" figure. Some things Hasbro does is awesome, but this is just stupid. Way bother Hasbro?

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Tried to post a pic, but the upload wont work????:stupid:

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-14-2003, 03:54 PM
I've been seriously looking forward to this figure. Do the goggles not fit at all then?

LTBasker
12-14-2003, 03:57 PM
They're the same goggles that came with Mechanic Chewie, most likely why they won't fit. I don't see why they didn't make the strap fit around his head. Who really wants to hold them on him? :rolleyes: Oh well, guess they were just misc. extras.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-14-2003, 04:05 PM
They're the same goggles that came with Mechanic Chewie, most likely why they won't fit.

Meh! I threw those away! Seeing as Luke wears his goggles, why didn't goggles that fit on the figure. Chewie was holding them for a reason, the reason being they didn't fit his huge head and they made the goggles accordingly.

Come on Hasbro! Don't be lazy just cause Christmas is around the corner.

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 05:26 PM
If the Upload thing worked I could send a pic. They do fit on his head, but they are way to big.:(

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Here you go guys. Hoth Luke with Goggles.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-14-2003, 05:44 PM

Dude, those are AWFUL! Does he look good without the goggles? I'm gonna throw these goggles away when I get this figure.

Turbowars
12-14-2003, 05:52 PM
Dude, those are AWFUL! Does he look good without the goggles? I'm gonna throw these goggles away when I get this figure.Oh hell yeah, Luke looks great without the goggles.

Jedi Tech
12-14-2003, 05:56 PM
For those that haven't opened him or haven't tried the Goggles on, please do because you are in for a laugh. The Googles are for a 6-7" figure not a 3.75" figure. Some things Hasbro does is awesome, but this is just stupid. Way bother Hasbro?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing Turbowars, I can't even remember what I did with mine, I think I just put them in the pile with my hoth diorama stuff. Huge boo boo on Hasbro's part, oh well nothing is perfect.

KIDD
12-14-2003, 10:10 PM
thought id lend a hand
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7222

bobafrett
12-15-2003, 12:42 AM

Holy Cow, it's Harry Carey! (Harry Carey was the Cubs radio commentator, known for wearing large glasses)

arctangent
12-15-2003, 04:20 AM
you would have thought that someone (anyone) at hasbro would have checked these actually fit the toy before packaging it with them, otherwise why bother? its the same careless lack of attention to detail which ends up with luke's left hand painted black. for god's sake hasbro, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Anakin Palpatine
12-15-2003, 05:46 AM
"check out the goggles on that guy" That's what Harry would say. Great ref.! Hey maybe this will end up changing and you will all have luke with Harry Carry glasses. It will be worth more than the luke with short saber and long tray. Then you could just have your own pair of goggles made for him by Oakley! I Keed, I keed!!!!!:p

JEDIpartner
12-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Those look like the goggles for the 12" luke I got over the weekend!!!

Jayspawn
12-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Hoth Luke is a great figure. The oversized Goggles are more like a bonus than a usable accessory. I put mine in the ice base that he comes with -the Wampa can try them on later.

Old Fossil
12-16-2003, 12:43 AM
They look cool on Ellors Madak. :crazed: