PDA

View Full Version : Thank God it's Christmas... (SAGA stuff you passed over but were given)

JEDIpartner
12-15-2003, 09:03 AM
I was just thinking this over the weekend after having gotten a nice surprise from a friend. I hosted a Christmas party and a friend who has a bit of disposable income came bearing gifts. He remembered seeing the TRU 12" Luke w/Taun Taun and didn't think I had it so he got it for me. Needless to say, I was quite surprised and VERY pleased.

I was thinking that there must be recent pieces that we had passed over due to cost or space or whatever and then received it as a gift.

Who's next?

:D

Silent Chazz
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
I'd chime in on this subject, but I've already said what I'm getting for Christmas in a couple other threads.

But...I'll say it again.

Because I didn't have money at the time, I'm now getting the following for Christmas:
Yoda with Chian
Coleman Trebor
Battle Droid, Arena Battle (red)
Battle Droid Arena Battle (red)

kool-aid killer
12-15-2003, 11:12 AM
My mother bought me the Saga Wampa on Saturday. I know that isnt as suprising as a Luke and Tauntaun but i was happy with it.

Silent Chazz, cool find with the Coleman Trebor. I found one over a week ago and am very glad that i did, i was scared that he would be another Ephant Mon.

bobafrett
12-15-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm getting $100 worth of Star Wars toys from Hasbro's online contest which ends today. They should arrive in time for Christmas, and when they do, I hope to get figures that I haven't got yet. I do regret not ordering a case of the 12" Biker Scout wave from EE when I had the chance. No one in my family is really exchanging gifts anymore, so it looks like Hasbro is coming through for me though!

Turbowars
12-15-2003, 10:11 PM
LOL, there's no one in my family that would know what to get me. Hell you guys would know more than them.lol

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Well... I'd pretty much given up on ever finding the Geonosian War Room with Count Dooku and Poggle. Then I miraculously saw it while out shopping. There were only 2 left!! lol lol :p

Silent Chazz
12-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Congratulations on that particular find. Two left? woah.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks. :) Yep, only 2 left. I've been searching for it for months. For the Dooku and the Poggle mostly but also, I'm a fan of the Cinema Scenes. On days like that, I enjoy the hunt. lol

Boba Fetish
12-17-2003, 09:57 PM
LOL, there's no one in my family that would know what to get me. Hell you guys would know more than them.lol

Ha Ha LOL. That is so true for me too. My girlfriend last Christmas wanted to buy something Star Wars and she told me that she couldn't remember what I needed when she was in the store. My reply was this, "That's good, because whatever you see on the shelf I have had for months now, just get me a gift card or something." I stronly discourage anyone buying me anything Star Wars 'cause they'll just end up royally screwing the pooch. I'll either already haver the item or would never dream of buying it.

jedi master sal
12-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Ha Ha LOL. That is so true for me too. My girlfriend last Christmas wanted to buy something Star Wars and she told me that she couldn't remember what I needed when she was in the store. My reply was this, "That's good, because whatever you see on the shelf I have had for months now, just get me a gift card or something." I stronly discourage anyone buying me anything Star Wars 'cause they'll just end up royally screwing the pooch. I'll either already haver the item or would never dream of buying it.

You hit the nail on the head there. I know gift card seem impersonal but for collectors like us, it's a much better deal. We can actually get things we want/need as opposed to taking things back we already have etc.

The only thing I'm getting of Star Wars from someone other than me is my fiancee and that's the Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy video game. She's gotten me a game or two for the past three years and that's worked out just fine in my book. 1st year Battle for Naboo (N64) 2nd year Bounty Hunter and Clone wars (PS2) and this year, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Shoot, she even got me Starfighter, Jedi Starfighter, and KOTOR, over the past couple of years.

The only other thing that I want as far as SW goes is the board game Epic Duels. I had a copy, but it "mysteriously" disappeared at a SW Halloween party I went to and I didn't realize it until the next day.

bobafrett
12-18-2003, 11:44 PM
A buddy of mine called today, and was asking me if I had certain Items like the 12" Luke on TaunTaun, or the Battle of Hoth 4 pack. I told him I had both, but wouldn't mind a second 12" Luke on TaunTaun, or the BoH 4 pack with Hans mount. I love having good friends who support my habit. I guess he's giving back for all the Green Bay Packers, and Chicago White Sox stuff I have bought for him in Christmas's past.

thespar
12-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Items that i have pass over and will not mind seeing under the tree with have to be most of the new sceece and the toy r us packs and any of the 2003 figrues that i have not seen. The ones i will not buy i hope i will not see under to tree are the target clone wars cartoon figrues which will might not be to hard give how my family feel about some of target's points of miliarty.

Turbowars
12-19-2003, 09:42 PM
target's points of miliarty. What's that all about?

thespar
12-20-2003, 07:27 AM
my dad was in the army for 20 years the fact they support guy more they do the arm forces, will not allow the salavage army to collect donates in front of their stores, and we the reses where actived they cut the health coverage of their famlies.

Turbowars
12-20-2003, 11:42 AM
my dad was in the army for 20 years the fact they support guy more they do the arm forces, will not allow the salavage army to collect donates in front of their stores, and we the reses where actived they cut the health coverage of their famlies.That's strange, I just gave them some money today in front of Target. The Guy has been there since the holiday sesson started.:ermm:

thespar
12-20-2003, 05:54 PM
most be are local one then.

JEDIpartner
01-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Also received Unleashed: Han Solo. Not a fan of the Unleashed line... but this one ROCKS!

InsaneJediGirl
01-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Lucky :p

I got all SW stuff but passed on a few Legos and got those,along with the CW Gunship and Starfighter.I had to take some figures back that my parents swore I wanted,but since they came out in 2002 I cant imagine asking for them ;)

JEDIpartner
01-12-2004, 12:15 PM
At least they tried... LOL

InsaneJediGirl
01-16-2004, 10:00 PM
True.Thought that counts :D