PDA

View Full Version : Anakin is the son of Palpatine?

Anakin Palpatine
12-16-2003, 03:25 AM
I don't know if this is really a spoiler or not but just in case I am posting it here.

It is my theory that Anakin is the son of Palpatine. Now I am new to this site, so I don't know if this has already been brought up or not but I am intrested in your thoughts.

Here is why I think this:

I believe Anakin is not the emaculate conception that his mother makes him out to be when telling Qui-Gon of Anakin's father's lack of exsistance.

I believe that Palpatine was looking for someone as powerful as he was to help take over the galaxy and realized that the only one who could help him was himself. He couldn't clone himself because you couldn't clone the force(i'm talking movies only here folks) so he searched the galaxy for a way where he could procreate and yet keep the jedi from discovering that childs exsistance. So I believe he shared an intimate night with mama Skywalker and then used his dark side powers to make her think the whole thing never happened. This way if anyone ever tried to investigate where he came from, she would only be able to tell people he was the Star Wars version of Jesus and people would be like yeah, O.K. whatever lady, we have enough on our minds with this whole force thing.

I also believe that Palpatine was planning on going back for Anakin but he was discovered by Qui-Gon first and Palpatine was content with him being trained as a Jedi, so he could concentrate on the rest of his work while he would just convert him to the dark side once he was a Jedi Knight.

I know this sounds a lot like the whole Luke thing but it just makes sense to me. One son is kept a secret and is later revealed to be the son who goes bad, and it worked well enough at one point so why not do it again, with Luke only he won't go bad in the end. I'm curious as to what you all think so please let me know

Pendo
12-16-2003, 04:43 AM
I don't think we should ever find out who Anakin's father is. I kinda like the "virgin birth" thing, and him being 'the one' it's possibe he WAS concieved by the Midichlorians :).

PENDO!

arctangent
12-16-2003, 05:39 AM
I believe that Palpatine was looking for someone as powerful as he was to help take over the galaxy

you seem to be forgetting that at the time of anakins conception (immaculate or otherwise) palpatine would already have been training darth maul as his apprentice. as there are only ever two sith, i doubt he would have been considering fathering anakin as there was already another sith. i doubt that darth maul was expected to be killed so early into his career as a sith so i doubt the search for a new apprentice started until this point.

also, aotc never really made clear the relationship between dooku and sideous but if it master and apprentice, again there would have been no need to father anakin becuase there were two sith again.

TheDarthVader
12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
It was an interesting thought...but I don't think this will happen. I agree with Pendo. Anakin was conceived by midichlorians.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-16-2003, 07:54 PM
I don't think we should ever find out who Anakin's father is. I kinda like the "virgin birth" thing, and him being 'the one' it's possibe he WAS concieved by the Midichlorians :).

PENDO!

Gotta agree with Pendo completely. Anakin is conceived by the force and it just so happened that Shmi was the woman that gave birth to him. He's the chosen one. There's never been a more powerful being in the Galaxy than Anakin.

Anakin Palpatine
12-16-2003, 11:32 PM
The whole point would be a what if scenario. What if Palpatine is his father? What if he was not created by the force? This is the whole fun part of the question and of my theory. Great thoughts on the subject though. I don't know what I am going to do when I see episode 3 and can't speculate anymore.

Pendo
12-17-2003, 02:53 AM
LOL, imagine the scandal? You can see it in all the Republic newspapers. The Senator who went to Tatooine and knocked up a slave :D!

Honestly, I can't see it happen, but then again with George's writing :rolleyes:...

PENDO!

stillakid
12-17-2003, 10:45 AM
LOL, imagine the scandal? You can see it in all the Republic newspapers. The Senator who went to Tatooine and knocked up a slave :D!

Honestly, I can't see it happen, but then again with George's writing :rolleyes:...

PENDO!

>>cough<< >>cough<< strom thurmon >>cough<< >>cough<<

But seriously, aside from just having fun with the saga and all the "what if's" (there is a comic book series out that does just that), I can't believe anyone ever thought of this as a serious possibility. George wanted a Jesus parallel in Anakin as a "savior" and invented a virgin birth. Period.

jawaboy
12-17-2003, 07:43 PM
I've had my own theory of who Anakin is (I've posted it around here awhile ago), and basically I don't believe that Anakin and Vader are the same person. From a certain point of view. Sorry to cloud it in smoke but here goes:

I think Palpy clones Anakin sometime between AOTC and EpIII. Why? He knows Anakin is powerful. He knows that cloning and raising a Sith Lord is easier than converting a Jedi. And he has the technology to do it.

This culminates to the final duel between....Obi-wan, Anakin, and Anakin II. It will be a 3 way lightsaber fight with Obi-wan and Anakin trying to take down the cloned Anakin who is referred to as Darth Vader by Palpy. During this struggle, Anakin is killed by Vader. And it is Obi-wan who is finally able to take down Vader, throwing him into lava. Palpy swoops in to save Vader and gives him the mechanical suit to save him.

Why do I believe this so much? "Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father." Not even from a certain point of view either. And how about Ben's explanation as to why he never told Luke that Vader was his father? Because he's genetically the father, not paternally the father. Everything was a from a certain point of view. He wasn't lying. He was killed by Vader. And Vader isn't REALLY his father.

Anakin was Luke's real father and he died like a chump. This is why Vader never knew he had a son or daughter. Because he was a clone and never knew Padme or any of the situation. But when he later realized in ANH that he had a biological relative, he longed for some attachment to Luke. Remember, Vader never refers to him as "my son" to Palpy, only "the son of Skywalker".

How did Anakin bring balance to the Force? It's quite simple. There was a Jedi Anakin and a Sith Anakin at the same time. He balanced the good and dark sides of the Force.

I really believe we'll see this too. We've yet to see a huge plot twist in the prequels. We're overdue for one.

Anakin Palpatine
12-17-2003, 08:19 PM
This could very well be a good case as well. What if the clone Anakin did have memories of Padme which made him want to kill off the real Anakin? I go back to my theory that the force would not be in a clone that the force has to surround a living being almost to say by choice. The dark side being an abused form of the force. So maybe Anakin is cloned with that thought of I will make my own form of the most powerful Jedi under my own control. Only he doesn't posses the same powers as Anakin. He only has about half the power and Palps realizes this and has cloned Anakin kill Padme and tells the real Ani that the jedi order was the ones to have him cloned in order to replace some of the jedi lost by the clone wars. Ah, ah now there you have you some thinking on top of thinking. At this point I have to agree with Pendo. The fans would probably make a better movie than Lucas as of finishing this all off in one movie. I sure do hope that he realizes this and just keeps making the movies regardless of the fact that A New Hope is number IV. Then we could have the classic trilogy be just the same third aspect aside from what you could say is it's own here's where it all began. Plus we would keep getting movies and maybe some better acting. What do I know, It's a Lucas universe and I just live in it.

stillakid
12-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Why do I believe this so much? "Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father." Not even from a certain point of view either. And how about Ben's explanation as to why he never told Luke that Vader was his father? Because he's genetically the father, not paternally the father. Everything was a from a certain point of view. He wasn't lying. He was killed by Vader. And Vader isn't REALLY his father..
You could be right! And Qui Gon is in on it just like Dooku suggested. Remember that blood sample he takes in TPM? DNA anyone?

;)

Boba Fetish
12-17-2003, 10:16 PM
If any of those ideas come to fruition in Episode III I will sue Lucasfilm for emotional damages. :dead:

Pendo
12-18-2003, 04:56 AM
If Anakin/Vader turns out to be a clone then I will slit my wrists! That would be the WORST idea in cinema history (no offence)! A lot of fans say that "We've yet to see a huge plot twist in the prequels. We're overdue for one." but the prequels have the Sidious is Palpatine twist, and won't need another one. Remember that this is one big movie, from Episode I to Episode VI, so we have to begin thinking of it as a movie. The main plot twist of the Star Wars story is the Vader is Anakin which appears in The Empire Strikes Back, but making Anakin/Vader a clone would destroy that twist.

PENDO!

arctangent
12-18-2003, 05:14 AM
the prequels have the Sidious is Palpatine twist, and won't need another one.PENDO!

that's hardly a twist. i think most people realised this anyway and george lucas goes out of his way to make this point in tpm. and besides, you only have to look at the chins of palpatine and sideous to see they are one and the same.

Pendo
12-18-2003, 11:09 AM
that's hardly a twist. i think most people realised this anyway and george lucas goes out of his way to make this point in tpm. and besides, you only have to look at the chins of palpatine and sideous to see they are one and the same.
We've only realised it because we've seen the ending of the whole Star Wars movie. If we had started with TPM and never saw the OT then we may "guess" that it's Palpatine but we would never be sure until he removes his hood.

PENDO!

stillakid
12-18-2003, 11:18 AM
We've only realised it because we've seen the ending of the whole Star Wars movie. If we had started with TPM and never saw the OT then we may "guess" that it's Palpatine but we would never be sure until he removes his hood.

PENDO!

Exactly, but there's this camp of people who believe that because the cat is already out of the bag for them, that George should be making the film exclusively for them, thereby allowing for all kinds of gratuitous stuff as well as ignoring your concept (and mine) that this should have been treated as one big linear story.

But seeing as how George has already chosen to ignore and alter continuity, the only options remaining are to

A) ignore the problems and "enjoy it for what it is" (no nitpicking),
B) accept the problems and figure that George will "fix" the Original Trilogy,
C) deny the problems entirely using the concept of wiggle room to justify the major/minor differences between the two trilogies, or
D) treat the Prequels as very expensive Expanded Universe material.

Sounds like a great Poll question! :)

jawaboy
12-18-2003, 02:20 PM
And why doesn't Obi-wan call Darth Vader by the name of Anakin during the duel? Why doesn't he ever try to pull him back to the good side? Why does he only see him as "an agent of evil" and not the Anakin he knows? Is it because he knows he is a clone?

And also, why does Vader say something to the effect of "I haven't felt this since I was in the presence of my old master?" (I think that's totally wrong, someone can correct it please) Is he speaking of Obi-wan? Obi-wan was never a Jedi Master. I suspect he means someone else, like Dooku or Palpatine. As in Dooku or Palpatine was present when he last faced off against Obi-wan. I dunno, I've just wondered about this line for awhile.

And knowing that Palpy and Sidious are the same is not a plot twist. Everyone has known that since the first movie came out. A plot twist is something that everyone who has seen the OT does not suspect...like a cloned Anakin becoming Vader.

stillakid
12-18-2003, 02:34 PM
A plot twist is something that everyone who has seen the OT does not suspect...

And therein lies the problem. You want a saga built around only the people who have already seen all of these instead of a saga which is meant to be viewed in episode order by a whole new generation of viewers who aren't in on the joke.

The built-in plot twist is that Sidious is Palpatine or else we would have seen Sidious's robe pulled up over his eyes by now.

An unexpected plot twist at this point would be seeing all of these incongruities between the Prequels and the OT tied up. Well, not so much a plot twist as a miracle. ;)

In regard to the Obi Wan master thing, he may or may not be an "official" Jedi Master by the end of Episode III, but the ANH Vader was clearly referring to Obi Wan as being the teacher who he hasn't seen in a very long time (and most likely, never expected to see ever again.)

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-18-2003, 04:08 PM
And why doesn't Obi-wan call Darth Vader by the name of Anakin during the duel? Why doesn't he ever try to pull him back to the good side? Why does he only see him as "an agent of evil" and not the Anakin he knows? Is it because he knows he is a clone?

"He's more machine now than man. Twisted and Evil."

In Obi-Wan's 20+ years in exile on Tatooine, he's slowly come to the realisation that Anakin Skywalker is no more. He's succumbed to the Dark Side and there is no turning back. (although Anakin obviously does)

stillakid
12-18-2003, 04:44 PM
"He's more machine now than man. Twisted and Evil."

In Obi-Wan's 20+ years in exile on Tatooine, he's slowly come to the realisation that Anakin Skywalker is no more. He's succumbed to the Dark Side and there is no turning back. (although Anakin obviously does)

Absolute speculation of course, but I disagree and think that he knew right away that Anakin was dead and gone. The personality anyhow. With that perspective, it made (makes) it possible to do the unthinkable and take the whiny brat down with life-threatening blows. He wasn't (isn't) killing Anakin. Anakin has already been killed by this new alter-ego personae brought about by years of oppression and feelings of entitlement (and not a little bit of bi-polar disorder). So when Obi steps into the ring with our disfunctional friend, it is only a confirmation of what he already suspects: his friend, Anakin, is gone. His body is now inhabited by another evil and Anakin can never be saved. This is a belief he holds onto even when the naive and ambitious son, Luke, insists that the opposite is true and through an act of near-martyrdom, reaches deep into the soul of the being trapped within the mask and reawakens the glowing ember of good which resides there.

(Of course, in doing so, Luke steps over the line into the Darkside from which there is no true return. Ironically, the same conflict which brings about Anakin's redemption, is the same which condemns Luke to eternal damnation. Repeating the sins of the father, Luke will eventually come to realize that only his own death can end the destructive chain and bring peace to the galaxy...)

But I digress.... ;)

jawaboy
12-18-2003, 06:57 PM
(Of course, in doing so, Luke steps over the line into the Darkside from which there is no true return. Ironically, the same conflict which brings about Anakin's redemption, is the same which condemns Luke to eternal damnation. Repeating the sins of the father, Luke will eventually come to realize that only his own death can end the destructive chain and bring peace to the galaxy...)

But I digress.... ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I just really want to see a plot twist. I want to see the characters we saw and loved in the OT changed so that we see them in a new light. I feel like I know exactly what to expect, as does anyone who will go and see a Star Wars film. I want Lucas to be creative. I want him to make us see Vader and Luke and the relationship to mean something. I want Palpy to be more than just an evil person. I think the best way to end the prequels is by changing everything that we've always suspected and believed in and trusted in the OT. I want him to make us re-examine the OT and every line in the prequels for what they really meant. I guess I just want him to bring everything together with a giant, ironic twist that will keep us debating this for years.

arctangent
12-19-2003, 03:17 AM
And also, why does Vader say something to the effect of "I haven't felt this since I was in the presence of my old master?" (I think that's totally wrong, someone can correct it please) Is he speaking of Obi-wan? Obi-wan was never a Jedi Master.

apart from the fact that the term 'master' is used as an honorific term to any jedi training a padawan (rather than just referring to a jedi who has attained the rank of master), anakin was obi-wan's padawan and was trained by him. therefore obi-wan was anakin's master in the same way that qui-gonn was obi-wan's master and count dooku was qui-gonn's.

i can't remember the exact line whilst they are fighting but darth vader says that when they parted he was but the apprentice but now he is the master, also referring to the fact that obi-wan was his 'master'.

also, i agree with stillakid. obi-wan knew anakin was dead and he knew he was not facing anakin but vader. in rotj when luke mentions the fact that he accepts that vader was once anakin skywalker, vader replies 'that name has no meaning for me now', implying that at some point in the past it did have meaning to him. which it wouldn't have if he was a clone with no knowledge of his past.

it would also be possible to speculate that he knew that bringing darth vader back from the dark side was luke's task not his. which is why he felt able to sacrafice himself on the death star to enable the others to have a chance of escape.

Anakin Palpatine
12-19-2003, 04:40 AM
WOW!!!!! Did we get off the track of my original question, but this is so interesting to me. We only have another year or so until we start seeing trailers so I am going to continue to enjoy the speculation of what is he (Lucas) going to do?

May I just throw in the fact, we have had a major twist. Did you all know before you saw a trailer or AOTC that Jango Fett was used to make the clone army? I know I didn't! So Boba Fett/Jango Fett are all around the galaxy. That's a pretty big twist to me. Oh wait they are more dosile.

I don't want to see Anakin become a clone or be a clone or any of that (no offense) but I did think my idea of this whole family affair thing was a pretty good speculation.

When you think about it Anakin only brings balance to the force for about 20 years or so, and then the balance is gone. We all pretty much no at this point that Anakin is going to bring balance to the force by joining the dark side and he and the Emperor are the two Sith, ruling the galaxy. While Yoda and Obi are off in hiding, waiting for Luke and Leia to become of age.

So you have two sith and two jedi. The balance is there, but Luke comes into the picture and Obi-wan has to die. Now Luke is the Jedi in training taking his spot. Yoda dies, and we are told of Leia being Luke's sister. Now we have balance again. Luke later turns to the dark side and then back. Vader kills the Emperor and then dies, no more sith. So now what we say Luke has started his path down and now is evil. So now we have Luke as a sith and Leia a Jedi. As far as I know of EU, Luke traines Leia, Leia becomes a Jedi and has kids. Luke goes bad, Leia brings him back. Just like Luke did for Vader before he died. So you can escape the dark side. Oh my, I have a headache.

Here is my family tree:

Palpatine + Shmi = Anakin + Padme = Luke & Leia + Solo = Jace & Jan

It is only when Jedi or Sith have there own offspring do they bring balance to the force. This is why Jedi and sith are not suppose to have offspring. It messes with the entire galaxy.

My brain hurts!
Pendo, Stillakid...someone help me out here, does this make any sense? Do I at least have a good point?

arctangent
12-19-2003, 06:28 AM
When you think about it Anakin only brings balance to the force for about 20 years or so, and then the balance is gone. We all pretty much no at this point that Anakin is going to bring balance to the force by joining the dark side and he and the Emperor are the two Sith, ruling the galaxy. While Yoda and Obi are off in hiding, waiting for Luke and Leia to become of age.

i don't think anakin does bring balance to the force. darth vader brings balance to the force when luke brings him back from the dark side - as far as i know the only jedi to be turned back. its this turning back that brings balance.

It is only when Jedi or Sith have there own offspring do they bring balance to the force. This is why Jedi and sith are not suppose to have offspring. It messes with the entire galaxy.

i always thought anakin was the 'one' because of his 'immaculate conception'. although i still don't agree with the palpatine being anakin's dad bit, the no offspring thing is an interesting thought, and one that had not really occured to me until you brought it up. so just why is it that jedi cannot marry and have children? perhaps you are right about it messing with the galaxy.

scruffziller
12-19-2003, 09:41 AM
I've had my own theory of who Anakin is (I've posted it around here awhile ago), and basically I don't believe that Anakin and Vader are the same person. From a certain point of view. Sorry to cloud it in smoke but here goes:

I think Palpy clones Anakin sometime between AOTC and EpIII. Why? He knows Anakin is powerful. He knows that cloning and raising a Sith Lord is easier than converting a Jedi. And he has the technology to do it.

This culminates to the final duel between....Obi-wan, Anakin, and Anakin II. It will be a 3 way lightsaber fight with Obi-wan and Anakin trying to take down the cloned Anakin who is referred to as Darth Vader by Palpy. During this struggle, Anakin is killed by Vader. And it is Obi-wan who is finally able to take down Vader, throwing him into lava. Palpy swoops in to save Vader and gives him the mechanical suit to save him.

Why do I believe this so much? "Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father." Not even from a certain point of view either. And how about Ben's explanation as to why he never told Luke that Vader was his father? Because he's genetically the father, not paternally the father. Everything was a from a certain point of view. He wasn't lying. He was killed by Vader. And Vader isn't REALLY his father.

Anakin was Luke's real father and he died like a chump. This is why Vader never knew he had a son or daughter. Because he was a clone and never knew Padme or any of the situation. But when he later realized in ANH that he had a biological relative, he longed for some attachment to Luke. Remember, Vader never refers to him as "my son" to Palpy, only "the son of Skywalker".

How did Anakin bring balance to the Force? It's quite simple. There was a Jedi Anakin and a Sith Anakin at the same time. He balanced the good and dark sides of the Force.

I really believe we'll see this too. We've yet to see a huge plot twist in the prequels. We're overdue for one.

You could be right! And Qui Gon is in on it just like Dooku suggested. Remember that blood sample he takes in TPM? DNA anyone?

;)
WHOAH!:eek:
You guys have got some serious brainjuice flowing there. Those ideas are incredible. Way to go.
At first I was going to post "eh, old theory..." But read through alot of them and changed my mind.

stillakid
12-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Here is my family tree:

Palpatine + Shmi = Anakin + Padme = Luke & Leia + Solo = Jace & Jan

My brain hurts!
Pendo, Stillakid...someone help me out here, does this make any sense? Do I at least have a good point?

Sorry, no. ;)

WHOAH!:eek:
You guys have got some serious brainjuice flowing there. Those ideas are incredible. Way to go.
At first I was going to post "eh, old theory..." But read through alot of them and changed my mind.

I was kidding.

DarthChuckMc
12-27-2003, 05:55 PM
One quicky and I'm gone...

JAWABOY,
Vader DOES refer to Luke as HIS son......when talking to Palpy in his chambers:

EMPEROR
I told you to remain on the command ship.

VADER
A small Rebel force has penetrated the shield
and landed on Endor.

EMPEROR (no surprise)
Yes, I know.

VADER (after a beat)
My son is with them.

EMPEROR (very cool)
Are you sure?

VADER
I have felt him, my Master.

EMPEROR
Strange, that I have not. I wonder if your
feelings on this matter are clear, Lord
Vader.

VADER
They are clear, my Master.

tgr3328
01-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I think the Palpatine-as-Anakin's-father theory would be great. A pivotal sceen in the OT is the one in ESB where Vader reveals that he is Luke's father and tries to get Luke to join his side. Luke refuses and chooses death over turning to the Dark Side. Imagine a parallel sceen where Palpatine does the same to Anakin, but in this case Anakin gives in!

On another note, of course Palpatine is Darth Sidious and Anakin is Darth Vader! Dual identities are a Sith trait. It goes with the whole stealth and deception package. Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku. The only one we don't know about is Darth Maul, but he must have had a regular name as well.

TheDarthVader
01-15-2004, 01:31 PM
This is ridiculous. George Lucas has stated that Anakin is the chosen one and, therefore, the chosen one was conceived by midichlorians. So there is no way that this is going to happen. I will take $$$ bets on it so put your money where your mouth is.

r3pohh yeah
01-16-2004, 04:05 AM
I read an early draft of episode 3 in which sidious/palpatine flashes back to the steamy night on tatooine with lady skywalker. it went something like this..

in awe of his gigantic lightsaber shme blushed under the various tatooine moons.

shme "its so big sid"
sidious " now let me show you my palpi pop"
shme "holy sandcrawlers"

enter porn music here and fade out

r3pohh yeah
01-16-2004, 04:10 AM
This is ridiculous. George Lucas has stated that Anakin is the chosen one and, therefore, the chosen one was conceived by midichlorians. So there is no way that this is going to happen. I will take $$$ bets on it so put your money where your mouth is.
I have never herd of lucas stating that anakin was the choosen one!!! where did u hear this?????

TheDarthVader
01-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Actually, I didn't hear it anywhere. It is in print! Look here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22478&highlight=lucas+chosen

And here is one quote that JarJarBinks posted as definitive proof:

"Lucas: The midi-chlorians have brought Anakin into being as 'the chosen one' who brings balance to the universe."

The Making of Episode 1, Random House, 1999.

Anakin Palpatine
02-10-2004, 04:36 AM
It's just a theory and that's what I am sticking with. Just for fun though I will bet you $3.33 that Palps ends up being Ani's Pops.

(should I make that check out to The Darth Vader?)

Darth Kirk
02-12-2004, 03:12 AM
OK, this is the definitive information I just got from LucasFilm LTD. they have just informed me that Anakin, in fact, is the byproduct of the consummation of love between Shmi and Watto.. Not that the chosen one is a mere byproduct, mind you, but it is nice to know from whence he came.. And he does seem to have his daddy's eyes...You heard it here first!!!

Anakin Palpatine
06-02-2005, 03:27 AM
So What I predicted was true, from a certain point of view.

So Palpatine never says that he is Anakins father directly, but he does comment on the fact that his former sith master was so powerful that he was able to create life and keep people from dying, which eveyone on this website would know by now. In my eyes, he was telling Anakin that he was created by Palpatine's master (sorry I can't recall his name) or by Palpatine himself. After all Palpatine did say that he was taught all of this by his former Sith master. Then again Palpatine said that he knew how to do all this to Ani before he turned and then contradicts himself later by saying he has only one person to be able to keep people from dying but together they should be able to figure it out quickly. So did Ani get created by the dark side making him the son of the Sith? Was he made by Palpatine or his master? Or was Palpatine just playing with Anakin's head to get him to turn? I believe that Anakin was the Son of the Sith, and that he brought balance to the force by leaving 2 Sith & 2 Jedi. Whatever, you all think I'm nuts anyway.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
So What I predicted was true, from a certain point of view.

So Palpatine never says that he is Anakins father directly, but he does comment on the fact that his former sith master was so powerful that he was able to create life and keep people from dying, which eveyone on this website would know by now. In my eyes, he was telling Anakin that he was created by Palpatine's master (sorry I can't recall his name) or by Palpatine himself. After all Palpatine did say that he was taught all of this by his former Sith master. Then again Palpatine said that he knew how to do all this to Ani before he turned and then contradicts himself later by saying he has only one person to be able to keep people from dying but together they should be able to figure it out quickly. So did Ani get created by the dark side making him the son of the Sith? Was he made by Palpatine or his master? Or was Palpatine just playing with Anakin's head to get him to turn? I believe that Anakin was the Son of the Sith, and that he brought balance to the force by leaving 2 Sith & 2 Jedi. Whatever, you all think I'm nuts anyway.
It's not as nuts as having 2 Anakins. :rolleyes:

That "flashback" written a while ago is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on here. :D

BoShek
06-05-2005, 09:25 AM
"he brought balance to the force by leaving 2 Sith & 2 Jedi."

Great observation! I never thought of that.

darthvyn
06-05-2005, 11:11 AM
oh, i had that theory a LONG time ago...

and my post right below it is the one about the anakin/anakin clone vader thing...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=93022&highlight=jedi+sith+balance#post93022

pretty funny to see it pop back up again...

2-1B
06-05-2005, 01:48 PM
That's absurd. If he brought balance by leaving 2 Sith and 2 Jedi, then he later undid that balance in ROTJ because after Yoda died that left 2 Sith and 1 Jedi, then Vader killed Palps right before he died which left only Luke and . . . eventually Leia.

Kind of pointless to bring balance just to unbalance it 25 years later. lol

darthvyn
06-05-2005, 04:35 PM
luke as the only jedi left means that ALL the "light side" energy of the force is concentrated in him.

and the prophecy only stated that the force would be brought into balance. not that it would stay that way. not only that, but vader changed his fate by killing the emperor.

Anakin Palpatine
03-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Well that's Lucas writing for ya!!!