PDA

View Full Version : Deals in Lego Store of NJ

ACPin
12-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Dropped by at the Paramus Park Mall during the weekend for some Xmas shopping and saw the Lego store. They've got the exclusives; SSD, Cloud City, UCS Snowspeeder in stock. They also had the pick-a-brick which I wasn't too thrilled about the pieces that they had in stock. I just bought a large cup for $12.95 and was surprised with the freebies that they threw in the bag. First was a Lego basketball, a Duplo brick with the name of the store and last but not the least a mini-TIE Fighter! :eek:

Almost forgot that they had in store promotions for purchases up to $50 (a small cup pick-a-brick free or some other junioir sets) and $75 above (a large cup pick-a-brick free or other junior sets). My sons tried to convince me to spend more than $75 bucks just so I get the large cup I got for free. They didn't succeed. :evil:

So go there if you have the time and I understand that the Palisades Mall in NY also had just opened. I'm not sure whether they have the same deals as the one I went to but it's worth checking out. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
12-16-2003, 09:36 AM
Can you elaborate on this pick-a-brick cup thing? Never heard of it before.

ACPin
12-16-2003, 02:27 PM
If you've been to one of the candy stores in a mall where you get a bag and fill it up with different candies of your choice from bins, then you've got the idea of pick-a-brick. Instead of candies, you have Lego bricks in bins of different sizes, colors, shapes depending upon what's in stock that you fill the cup (small or large). You also get the cup free. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
12-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Oh, OK. I didn't see that you picked out the bricks first then put them into a cup. Do they offer any minifigure parts as well or just the standard square/rectangular pieces?

JediTricks
12-18-2003, 05:06 AM
At my local Lego store in Glendale, CA, I didn't see any minifig parts, but they did have trees & wheels & tires - other than that, fairly standard plates & bricks (though some translucent pieces and smooth red plates that I've only dreamed about owning that many of ;)).

ACPin
12-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Oh, OK. I didn't see that you picked out the bricks first then put them into a cup. Do they offer any minifigure parts as well or just the standard square/rectangular pieces?
No minifig parts but some special parts like arches, fences, roof wedges and they change the parts selection from time to time.

JediTricks
12-19-2003, 01:57 AM
They must, didn't see any roof wedges at mine (I love those!). Did see lots of different sizes of arches, useful for building castles or Jabba's dungeon or what have you.

BoShek
12-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Most Lego sets are on sale now. Anyone see if the big NBA sets are too?