PDA

View Full Version : What is the best star wars game - by system

aceguide
12-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Wondering what everyone thought of the video game offerings out there. I am just starting a gamecube collection and want some advice on good SW games. Also curious about what ranks best in the other systems and PC.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

mrmiller
12-16-2003, 03:31 PM
How far do you want to go back?

Atari2600 - Empire Strikes Back (whi didn't have this game)
Intellivision - ESB is the only one I can think of
Atari5200 - Star Wars Arcade
Colecovision - Star Wars Arcade
Nintendo - I don't remember what it's called, maybe just Star Wars.
Super Nintendo - Super Empire Strikes Back
Genesis - Star Wars 32X
3DO - Rebel Assualt
Playstation - Dark Forces
Nintendo 64 - Episode One: Racer
Dreamcast - Star Wars Racer
Playstation 2 - Racers Revenge (so I like the racing games)
Xbox - Knights of the Old Republic
PC- Tie Fighter
Arcade - still the old sit down Star Wars Vector Arcade (though I like the sit down racer one too ;) )

Best Star Wars Game Ever- it's a tie between Knights of the Old Republic and Tie Fighter (mind you I've never layed the GCN games).

Whew.. That's all the thinking I can do.

=MATT=

scruffziller
12-16-2003, 03:41 PM
PC-STAR WARS GALAXIES, by far.
N64- Shadows of the Empire.
GC-RS II(only one I've played)

Bobajames
12-24-2003, 07:05 PM
now i haven't played galaxies, but so far my pics are (pretty recent)

the cube: Rebel Strike
PC: Jedi Academy
PS: Dark Forces
N64: Shadows of the empire
SNES: Super Empire strikes back

that's about all of them i can think of; jedi academy is pretty much the same as jedi outcast, but all the new things you can do make it soooo sweet. i play online for hours at a time (siege)

dustrho
01-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Here's my top games by console...
Nintendo = Empire Strikes Back
PS1 = Dark Forces
Nintendo 64 = Shadows of the Empire & Battle for Naboo
PS2 = Bounty Hunter
Xbox = Knights of the Old Republic
PC = Galactic Battlegrounds with Clone Campaigns

Lobito
01-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Atari 2600...between Jedi Arena and ESB the best is ESB
Sega Genesis with 32x...Well there's only one game
N64...of the 4 games which are Racer, Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire and Battle for Naboo, its a triple tie in first place and for me the looser would be Racer, although its a good game i liked the others better.
GCN...I have only played Rougue squadron II, but i heard the others are great.
X-BOX...havent played any game yet.
PC...Well here is where u cant decide...so many great games like Dark Forces...Tie Fighter, Galactic Battlegrounds...and Galaxies...just to name a few..

jedi master sal
01-23-2004, 03:30 PM
N64: Battle for Naboo, Rogue Squadron, and possibly Shadows of the Empire (the soundtrack for SOTE is great, IMO)
SNES: Super Star Wars
Playstation2: Bounty Hunter, By Far!
GameCube: Rebel Strike
XBOX: KOTOR (Knight of the Old Republic) It's won MANY a Game of the year awards from various magazine/organizations.

MAC (since I don't have a PC): Galactic Battlegrounds-Must have the Clone Campaigns expansion pack!

PC (as per my friend) Galaxies

El Chuxter
01-23-2004, 03:55 PM
My list is incomplete, but here goes:

Atari 2600: Empire Strikes Back
Arcade: original vector-based SW console (though the recent Trilogy game comes close)
N64: Rogue Squadron
Playstation: Masters of Teras Kasi (yeah, I know I'm the only person who loves this game :))
Gamecube: Rogue Leader, though Bounty Hunter is a close second

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm also fairly new to the Gamecube. From what I've played, here are my thoughts.
*Clone Wars (rented) - Pretty okay. I like it, but it's not the best. The controls for when you're walking are weak. You're mostly in ships, though, blowing the crap out of bad guys. Grade: B
*Bounty Hunter - Really nice! This game is really fun, with all the different weapons and levels. Tem Morriosn adding his voice is pretty cool. Some of the levels are hard, but there's cheats to get past them. Grade: A
*Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader - I haven't played this one as much as Bounty Hunter and Return of the King, but it's nice. I haven't got past the Death Star level yet (pitiful, I know) but from what I see, it's good. Grade: B
You can't really go wrong with any of the three I listed, but Bounty Hunter is #1 IMO.

Darth Kirk
02-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Thank you for takin' all of us back thru 2 decades of pop culture by way of gaming system and games.. Ahhhh, how I miss my 2600, sigh..

How far do you want to go back?

Atari2600 - Empire Strikes Back (whi didn't have this game)
Intellivision - ESB is the only one I can think of
Atari5200 - Star Wars Arcade
Colecovision - Star Wars Arcade
Nintendo - I don't remember what it's called, maybe just Star Wars.
Super Nintendo - Super Empire Strikes Back
Genesis - Star Wars 32X
3DO - Rebel Assualt
Playstation - Dark Forces
Nintendo 64 - Episode One: Racer
Dreamcast - Star Wars Racer
Playstation 2 - Racers Revenge (so I like the racing games)
Xbox - Knights of the Old Republic
PC- Tie Fighter
Arcade - still the old sit down Star Wars Vector Arcade (though I like the sit down racer one too ;) )

Best Star Wars Game Ever- it's a tie between Knights of the Old Republic and Tie Fighter (mind you I've never layed the GCN games).

Whew.. That's all the thinking I can do.

=MATT=

Kidhuman
02-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Atari 2600: ESB
Playstation 1: Dark Forces
Ps2: Bounty Hunter

Those are the only SW games I have played that I truly liked. Ihabve played some onother systems, but were mostly tourny fighting games which were kind of cheesy. I havent owned a Nintendo system since the original NES and had Genesis for only a short period of time. I am not into flying games either.