PDA

View Full Version : Storm Trooper Army Builders - Based on which trooper (please Commtech Storm Trooper)

Val Da Car
12-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Well since the SWfan at Wizards of the coast is not taking anymore orders as of Dec 31 I ordered some of the Army Builder Storm Troopers.

Has anyone gotten these before and which Storm Trooper is this set based off of?

POTF, Commtech or another Stormtrooper?

Thanks

VDC

bobafrett
12-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Well since the SWfan at Wizards of the coast is not taking anymore orders as of Dec 31 I ordered some of the Army Builder Storm Troopers.

Has anyone gotten these before and which Storm Trooper is this set based off of?

POTF, Commtech or another Stormtrooper?

Thanks

VDC

Weren't the commtech stormtroopers kinda "Bulky"? The troop builders are slender, but I don't recall which ones they most resemble. They have a good amount of articulation. You can see some in the foreground of this photo.

LTBasker
12-17-2003, 02:10 AM
The army builders are made of the COMMtech Stormtroopers, the bulky troopers were the 1995 Kenner POTF2 Troopers.

Btw I think the weapons the Stormy 4-pack comes with is 3 ordinary Stormy E-11 blasters and one long rifle, just in case you were wondering.

Val Da Car
12-17-2003, 06:55 AM
I think the site said 2 rifles and 2 blasters.....sooon my Shuttle Diorama will be complete....(Mu HA HAHA)

;-)

Thanks again

LTBasker
12-17-2003, 07:53 AM
Not sure, originally they were pictured with 2 blasters and 2 rifles, then I've seen in photo archives it's 3 blasters and 1 rifle, not sure on the official mix maybe it was random. I haven't gotten any so maybe someone who has will chime in how the mix was.

bobafrett
12-17-2003, 08:00 AM
All the boxes I got had 2 rifles and 2 blasters. That's the way it read when I bought them. I wish it had been 3 blasters and 1 rifle.

Val Da Car
12-18-2003, 10:57 PM
wow....

only if they had this type of service/shipping when they had the fan club.

I got the double set of the stormtroopers today!!!

They are the CommTech troopers and each one is packaged with two blasters and two rifles.

.....maybe the WOC based fan club will have a fire sale to get rid of these figures before Dec 31.

This is the note at the login at the site: http://swfan.wizards.com

News!

NEWS: The Star Wars Online Store will be officially closed as of 6pm PST on December 31st, 2003. As of January 2nd, 2004, our Customer Service team will only be offering support for returns or refunds. Also, our new business hours will be 7am to 6pm PST Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
NOTE: Our Customer Service reps have no information on the Star Wars Online Store's future and cannot answer questions regarding this.
NEWS: The Official Star Wars Fan Club and Star Wars Insider magazine are now under the management of Paizo Publishing, LLC. Click here for details.