PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know yet if we are getting Clonetrooper or Stormtroopers in Ep3?

AmanaMatt
12-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Thanks, I kinda hope for early version of Stormtroopers. Frankly, only the helmet on the Clonetrooper would need to be altered to pretty much achieve a vretro looking Stormtrooper.

Pendo
12-17-2003, 04:04 AM
I'll try and answer your question without any spoilers (although I don't know any apart from official word). Clonetroopers will be in EPisode III. You will probably get a more detailed answer if you post your question in the spoilers section.

PENDO!

bobafrett
12-17-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm pulling for the Stormtroopers, but then, what do I know?

plo koon 200
12-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Even though this is not a spoilers section I know that Clonetroopers are in there for sure and that there is evidence building up that says Stormtroopers are in there towards the end. I hope I did not spoil anything.

Pendo
12-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Even though this is not a spoilers section I know that Clonetroopers are in there for sure and that there is evidence building up that says Stormtroopers are in there towards the end. I hope I did not spoil anything.LOL Not much!!!!! :mad:

:rolleyes:

PENDO!

plo koon 200
12-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Sorry Pendo. I figured the question was not much of a spoiler question. In my mind it would be like someone asking if Anakin would be in Episode III.

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-18-2003, 10:45 AM
I have it on good authority that we won't see Stormtroopers in Episode III.

What will happen is the Clonetroopers will turn on the Jedi Knights. The Clone Army will then become Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine's army and they will help hunt down the Jedi. It's only when we watch A New Hope that we'll see that the Clonetroopers have become Stormtroopers. I like it better that way. The audience will definitely be able to tell that the stormtroopers have evolved from the Clone Army. :)

jedi master sal
12-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Well, we do know that the Clone armor gets an upgrade so they won't look the same but don't know how much they will look like stormtroopers.

So I guess we get a NEW hybrid trooper.

A Stonetrooper (ST-storm, ONE-clone) ha ha ha.

You heard it here first!

good shot jansen
12-24-2003, 09:12 AM
george, george, what are you doing?

in anh when obi-wan is off to disable the tractor beam, we're given a snippit of conversation between two storm troopers, wondering what all the ruckus is that's happening on the death star. one asks if it's a drill. now if the storm troopers are decendents of the clone troopers, it's easy to deduce that these guys are supposed to be clones. yet it was made clear in aotc that the temperment, and thought process of the clones were genetically engineered so that a clone trooper would never question an order, much less think original thoughts of their own. yet there we have two storm troopers openly quetioning what's happening on the death star.

also, if the clones were developed from the genetic makeup of jango fett, why are the storm troopers such horrific shots in anh. these bozo's can't even hit the side of a barn, much less the human targets that they're supposedly aiming at. jango on the other hand is an amazing shot, not only does he accurately nail zam with a poisonous dart from 200 meters away, he blasts the light saber out of a jedi's clutch with succesive dead on quick shots from his blaster.

if the storm troopers are indeed clones, then i guess they were part of a group that was absent the day they were handing out aiming ability to the test tube minions. ;)

Pendo
12-24-2003, 12:09 PM
also, if the clones were developed from the genetic makeup of jango fett, why are the storm troopers such horrific shots in anh.
They're clones, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, etc :rolleyes:. With every clone a certin percentage of the original is lost. As Jango is dead, Stormtroopers must be made from other Stormtroopers, so this percentage will begin to grow and more and more Stormtroopers will become crappier than before. That could probably explain why they don't talk the same, or are the same height.

PENDO!

Tycho
12-27-2003, 02:10 AM
The Stormtroopers won't be Clones of Jango Fett, hence another reason why they don't have Australian accents or wear Mandalorian armor.

bobafrett
12-27-2003, 09:53 AM
They're clones, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, etc :rolleyes:. With every clone a certin percentage of the original is lost. As Jango is dead, Stormtroopers must be made from other Stormtroopers, so this percentage will begin to grow and more and more Stormtroopers will become crappier than before. That could probably explain why they don't talk the same, or are the same height.

PENDO!

Yeah, didn't you watch "Multiplicity" I think the movie was titled, where Micheal Keaton clones himself, then I think the clones are made from those clones, and buy the time the last one comes along, well he's "special".

Personally, I don't like spoilers, but since this was originally posted in another section before it moved here, I was curious to find out if there was any "official" word on if Stormtroopers make an apperance in EPIII.

AmanaMatt
12-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks, everyone. Truth be told, I only dislike the clone trooper helmet - if they evolved to more of a stormtrooper-ish (read:less boba fett-ish looking) helmet, I would be happy.

TheDarthVader
01-02-2004, 10:32 PM
My guess is that we will see many clonetroopers and no stormtroopers.

genericclone99
01-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Right now I am hoping for both, so we get to see the transition from "Grand Army of the Republic" to "Evil Empire".

Besides, in ESB we got to see stormies AND snowies
IN ROTJ we got stormies AND scouties.

But Lucas will probably go for a hybrid freak, just so we have to buy another army builder to satisfy the ridiculous cravings we get with an incomplete army(AAAAARRRRGH!!! I need more stormtroopers)

And we'll probably get another shade of battle droid, coz with beige and red and a BRIGHT SHADE OF HOT PINK, our droid armies will have TRUE UNIFORMITY.

I see the hot pink ones lookin good on theed.

Coz George really NEEDS the money.

Do I sound too cynical? I just kinda lost faith when I realised that all my TF battle droids were made redundant unless I wanna paint the suckers rusty red.

Or i can stop being pedantic.

Tycho
01-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Another army builder? That would be terrible! Someone I know really well is already amassing a large quantity of Mandalorian Clone Troopers aniticipating using them in Episode 3 scenes they will probably recreate.

What would he do with all those Clones if he's not going to need them.

Here's what I think: Jango is dead, and his genetic material is no longer fresh. Once used up (that is, all the Clones they can make from him are killed in battle) they will not be issuing new Clones or enlisted soldiers, Mandalorian-style armor (T-visor Clone helmets) - however, they basically use the same armor style as they create Stormtroopers.

Now will there be stormtroopers yet?

In 4 years, all 1 million, 200,000 Mandalorian Clones are pretty much getting killed off.

In 18 years, by the time we see Stormtroopers, a lot of changes could've been made.

However, I think the Clones will be in E3, but their time in the galaxy is limited.

Tycho
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
The genie's out of the bottle:

The troops in E3 seem to look like stormtroopers with the T-visors instead of the sunglasses look for their eye sockets.

Sort of a new cross between Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers.

Unfortunately, I now have a bunch of CW 3-packs I'll have to return or sell.

Anyone need 50?

j/k

(I'm not ready to give them up yet. I'll wait for more evidence. However pictures are up at TFN now, but there are no guarantees these are legit yet)

Battle Droid
01-26-2004, 07:02 PM
NEW Clonetrooper PIC from Star Wars Insider #74 cover!

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/img/20040126_bg.jpg

bobafrett
01-26-2004, 11:18 PM
NEW Clonetrooper PIC from Star Wars Insider #74 cover!

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/img/20040126_bg.jpg

Damn, you beat me to it. I think this looks sharp, and you can see the Stormtrooper helmets starting to develop towards the bottom. I'm still a fan of the Stormtroopers look over the clone, but I'm impressed that it starts showing the clone troopers transforming into what we know as Stormtroopers.

Beast
01-26-2004, 11:39 PM
Damn you also, you beat me too it. But wow, it looks pretty damn cool. I'm beating the current eye section probably has macrobinoculars and sight all in one. Looks pretty bad arse, actually. It's definatly a 'In Between' look. Kick arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-26-2004, 11:42 PM
(poops himself)

Awesome!! simply awesome....the trooper, not me pooping myself. That is bada--!!! :D

Tycho
01-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Damn you also, you beat me too it. But wow, it looks pretty damn cool. I'm beating the current eye section probably has macrobinoculars and sight all in one. Looks pretty bad arse, actually. It's definatly a 'In Between' look. Kick arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The other pictures I've seen from TFN show the eyes to be a regular CT T-visor (standard Mandalorian). The thing over his eyes, rotates back behind his helmet when he's not using the Macrobinoculars or the flashlight feature.

LTBasker
01-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Pretty frickin ugly. But hey maybe they'll show some sort of recruitment center near the end of Ep3. :D I think they should really just use the regular Clone design, then use the Stormtrooper design at the end with fresh new recruited troops.

jedi master sal
01-27-2004, 11:48 AM
The genie's out of the bottle:

The troops in E3 seem to look like stormtroopers with the T-visors instead of the sunglasses look for their eye sockets.

Sort of a new cross between Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers.

Unfortunately, I now have a bunch of CW 3-packs I'll have to return or sell.

Anyone need 50?

j/k

(I'm not ready to give them up yet. I'll wait for more evidence. However pictures are up at TFN now, but there are no guarantees these are legit yet)

Um, Tycho, if your looking to offload any clones, you know another army builder who would be very happy to take them off you hands...

Yes, me.

If you ever are serious about getting rid of clones (or any other army building type figure), LMK.

-Sal

Oh and I DO like the new design. Except for the visor. I truly hope that it is retractable like the Mandolorian one. That would be cool then.

Well, I guess I better start saving up for this new army of troopers!

Do you think they'll do away with the color scheme thing and just have straight white troopers like the OT?

I hope so. Searching for that dang 3pack w/Green clone was my collecting Bane for some time.

AmanaMatt
01-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, I hope that thing popping out where the eyes should be retracts cause that looks horrible.

Tycho
01-27-2004, 01:34 PM
OK Jedi Master Sal - you asked first. Here's the deal:

I probably have 9-10 CW Clone Trooper 3 packs. Various colors (but I specifically did not buy red).

Most are all-white, I have 2-3 Green, 3 Yellow (for sure at least one of which I will save to use in at least an E2 scene as they're so cool).

I will probably hold onto these until I see the E3 Comic Book adaptation. It usually comes out about a month before the movie - so we're talking April, possibly March 2005 (or possibly May).

I usually delve into those previews and figure out every scene I want to make with my figures, then buy (especially army builders) accordingly.

I also may have some SA Clones available (which along with you, JediTricks has requested I offer up). That remains to be seen for the following reason:

E3 Possibilities:

1) Some regular Clone Troopers left over from the original Mandalorian batch (as played by Temurra Morrison returning in E3) are in the movie, and still in this armor. So I'd still need my 30+ clone figures I'd collected as described above - PLUS new ones. (these new ones could be the ones made to turn against the Jedi - possibly killing the old Clones along with their Jedi generals - thus creating what I always thought the Clone Wars were about - Clones versus Clones - because why not call it the Droid Wars as it has been shown up to now? There's more droids than Clones.

Anyway, THEY ADD the new kind of Clones, which still sport some armor elements similar to the Mandalorians making several more possibilities:

a) this is just new armor and they are still clones of Jango - and these are special troops, like ARC Troopers were

b) they are a new batch of Clones (possibly like in my theory that Han Solo's father was the progenator of a new line that replaces Fett's - earning Boba's resentment along the way)

c) they are enlisted, drafted, all individuals - in which case, it'd make more sense if they were not wearing anything close to Mandalorian armor-style, but the costume designers might care more for the style evolution than continuity. But I think that until this can get fully underway, they won't show regular Stormtrooper armor.

Oh - and by the way - that's why Clone Troopers kick butt and Stormtroopers lost to Ewoks. The Clones would have made fur rugs out of the little furry beggars.

(actually, I like Ewoks myself - so hope the language wasn't offensive to Ewok-lovers - I just like that term that King Korneesch of the Duloks called them. Gotta be a fan of the cartoons to be a TRUE EWOK FAN! Yub-nub!)

Anyway, add to your collection accordingly JMS, but consider that we'll possibly have a long term deal going if I don't need those Clones.

They'll be available at retail ($10 for 3-packs, $5 for SA Clones - there won't be many of the latter, considering I could buy them only 1/3 of the time I could buy the other type).

Anyway, one thing I might trade for would be Rebel Fleet Troopers.

I bet we're going to see those guys (Alderaan Security Forces) in Episode 3 as well, and I didn't buy nearly enough RFTs. But Hasbro will probably re-release those anyway. (It'd make sense).

jedi master sal
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
You got yourself a deal. I'll take all of them. (Pending your decision of course) (I really want those SA clones!)

Thanks and just keep me posted,
-Sal