PDA

View Full Version : Spaceballs Figures?

Anakin Palpatine
12-17-2003, 04:19 AM
Is there any chance in the near future we will see Hasbro put out a line of spaceballs figures? I would love a spaceballs cast of characters to display next to my Star Wars collection. I mean really, who wouldn't want to have a Yoda vs. Yogart battle? Let me help make up a cast of figs. and acc.

action figure assortment:

Yogurt (with Spaceballs merchandise)
Dark Helmet (with retractable face plate and schwartz saber)
Lone Star (with blaster and Schwartz saber)
Barf (with blaster and bucket of chicken)
Princess Vespa (with luggage and giant hair dryer)
Dot (With light up virgin alarm)
President Screw (with rotating butt)
Spaceballs Trooper (with blaster and nut protecting crouching feature)
Sandballs Trooper (White, with giant comb)
Sandballs Trooper (black, with giant hair pic comb)
Pizza the Hutt (sauce ozing action)

Vehicles:

Lone Stars winebago
Spaceballs cruiser
Pricess Vespa's ship
Suck Queen Transformer

Role play:

Lone Stars Schwartz saber
Dark Helmets Schwartz saber
Barf's Tail
Spaceballs the flamethrower
Yogurts 5 piece merchandise play set

Misc:
The stunt doubles 4 pack action figures
Talking Yogurt

I would finally forgive Hasbro for making me buy a steroid verion of Luke and Lando if these were to make it to the shelves.:p

bobafrett
12-17-2003, 08:03 AM
I think this should go under "other" non Star Wars. I like the idea though, however since spaceballs mocked a lot of Sci-Fi movies, but mostly Star Wars, I wouldn't buy this collection if it were produced.

sith_killer_99
12-17-2003, 09:34 AM
I believe this was covered in the old forums....way back.

I think someone had mentioned that Mel Brooks had worked out a deal with GL not to do any sequels or mass merchandising, in exchange for letting him do the film.

QLD
12-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Spaceballs figures would so rock....and when I read your thread title, I thought they had been announced or something....oh well.

darthzirock
12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
ToyFare magazine recently ... well, OK, like maybe 5 or 6 issues back! ... did a Spaceballs line in their "Toys We Want to See" monthly feature. They showed a custom Black Spaceball with Afro Pick, too. While a figure line might have been cute back when this film was released, I think to do it today would be just like the jokes in most of the film: too little, too late. Then again, whoever thought we'd see Hellraiser, A Christmas Story, and Pulp Fiction toys?

evenflow
12-17-2003, 08:55 PM
I believe this was covered in the old forums....way back.

I had made a wish list way back of all the Space Ball figures I wanted. I always hope that McFarlane would make them.

Adam
12-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Augh!! With the amount of exclamation points I thought this was an announcement or something! ARRGH!!

evenflow
12-18-2003, 11:20 PM
Yeah I got all excited too. I was hoping to find news about confirmation on the line, but no such luck.

Anakin Palpatine
12-19-2003, 05:17 AM
Sorry, I was just saying how badly I wanted them. At least I got you attention. My bad all, I'll only do that when I find out about something.

Jayspawn
12-20-2003, 11:23 AM
I'd like to see Spaceballs figures -but no chance of that. sith_killer_99 said it, Mel Brooks and George Lucas had an agreement not to do any merchindise in exchange for the rights to the film.

So we can always dream.