PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Animated $6.99? No Way!

amidalak
12-17-2003, 01:49 PM
just saw the news over at GH that the new animated figs are going to be $6.99 a piece at target. i was kinda on the fence with these, but this pushed me over the edge, there is no way i will pay $6.99 for these figs! little articulation, few accessories, nice little novelty items, but not necessary for my collection at $6.99.

Beast
12-17-2003, 01:53 PM
They're an exclusive, did you really expect them to be as cheap as the regular figures. This is about the price point that I figured. Since they were coming from Target. :)

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-17-2003, 02:04 PM
I still plan to get some of these. After all, it's nice to have something different in the collection. Do you plan to snag these then JJB? :)

I only wanna get Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Dooku. That's enough of the animated figures for me.

Beast
12-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the 'style'. But I'll probably get a set for my collection. The Dooku does look very sweet though, as does the CloneTrooper. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
12-17-2003, 02:09 PM
The price is okay. Actually from Target that is kind of steep. I wil still get these.

kool-aid killer
12-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Bummer, i was going to get them (still will actually, they are too cool to pass up) but the price has lessened my enthusiasm. Hopefully none will be shortpacked so we all have a decent shot at them.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2003, 03:56 PM
I don't have a problem with the pricing. Yes, I'm on a budget but it's not like they are making more than a dozen characters for the line.

Dr Zoltar
12-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Well I kind of figured the price would be higher since they are an exclusive. I still don't plan on getting any of these since I think they look like poodoo. Which of course means they'll be a rarity to find and fetch top dollar on eBay. :eek:

Anakin Palpatine
12-17-2003, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't worry to much about the price on these figures. Target is notorious for setting prices early and then when they hit the shelves they are already reduced. The B-wing took about a week to get knocked down to half price. Not to mention all the 12 inch stuff! I got my 12 inch Speeder Bike for $29.99. Then again these are 3 3/4 inch figs., so It could be harder to find them. I'll wait to hear from Pendo before I make a decission. He always seems to know what the score is.

Boba Fetish
12-17-2003, 10:06 PM
No need for anyone to fret about the prices. Some dumb stocker will inevitably stock them on the same pegs as the basic figures and you can just argue that the price said $4.99 and they'll have to give it to you for that. That's how I got a CW Gunship for the price of a Jedi Starfighter, not that I condone anyone following by bad example. :D

jedi master sal
12-18-2003, 11:21 AM
The price make business sense. Not only are they an exclusive for Target, but a limited run of characters. We won't see dozens of characters in this format. We'd be lucky to see about 20 or so and then the animated line will die. Target and Hasbro want to make a buck at these. Hasbro knows what the secondary market is for some of the older Cartoon (Ewoks/Droids) figures and figures (pun intended) that they'll cash in a little as well. I don't see much of a problem with this. I think I can safely say though that this line will remain strictly carded for me. That's strange coming from me since I'm an opener. The only one I might consider opening to date (after I buy one to keep carded) is the Clonetrooper.

I don't expect these to be huge seller's if they're shipped in large quantities to Target. I do expect that they'll be shipped in small amounts, thereby creating a needless frenzy by collectors to snag them up, even at the high price point. I also am of the notion that they will be a moderate sell for kids, but not until the time around the second release of the next 10 chapters. After those are done then it will be only we collectors who will be buying them.

So here's who we have looking forward to buying:
Obi-wan
Anakin
Mace
Assaj
Yoda
Dooku
Clonetrooper

so far...

Who else might they consider making for such a small cartoon and expect to sell?

I suggest the following (and let's be real about this folks, not evey character will or needs to be made):

Durge (This makes absolute sense) Oh wait I think I remember seeing this already...am I right here?
Battle Droid (Hey the clones need someone to fight)
MAYBE-Super Battle Droid that's a big maybe though.
Palpatine (I just happen to like the animated character and he is important to the story, but I can also this one passed up.)
Sidious (maybe a two pack with Palpatine)
Kit Fisto (That episode was great IMHO)
generic Quarren warrior (yet another enemy for the clones to fight)
MAYBE- Both the Red and Blue ARC trooper. If they do one they would have to do the other.
Maybe Padme though she really isn't neccessary as of this time. (We'll have to see what the next 10 chapters bring us)

I don't see them making ships, so the speederbikes would be out of the question, so there would go Durge, Obi-wan (in clone armor) and the IG droids on speeder bikes. The Obi-wan (in clone armor) and the IG droids without speederbikes don't make sense as single figs so they are out.

Okay fellows, who other than this list would you like to see made? As well who do think they WILL make? Feel free to copy this list and add to it.

Turbowars
12-18-2003, 06:55 PM
Hell, whats another few bucks. My wife tells me I send too much on SW figures so now it will be true. lol

plo koon 200
12-18-2003, 07:46 PM
I think they can make easily a basic Obi-Wan in Clonetrooper outfit, he is the highest demanded figure to be made from the show. Even my brother wants a figure of him and he usually could care less about Star Wars toys.

Turbowars
12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
I must have missed it, but is there a Obi in Clone outfit in the cartoon?

KIDD
12-18-2003, 09:44 PM
i agree about them making the obi-wan in clone trooper outfit that would be a kickazz figure . on another point i have all 10 episodes on 1 dvd if anyone is intersted ill sell them copies for 7.00 lmk kidd54331@aol.com

thespar
12-19-2003, 09:53 PM
To tell you the truth i problemly will not buy thoose things even if they where at the normal price. I do not like the look of them.

plasticfetish
12-20-2003, 07:47 PM
Spotted a few of these ... Obi-Wan, Anakin, Asajj, Mace ... at Target this evening. Priced at $6.99 and not too many of them on the pegs. They look pretty cool in person, no big surprises, but I decided to pass ... there's just too much other stuff to spend my money on right now. I'm not too much in love with the card art and the way they're packaged either. For $7 it's a bit simplistic ... I'd really rather have seen something a little flashier with more cartoon art on it. Something, I dunno, more fun perhaps. (Enough with the boring template and Photoshop package design already guys. Put a little heart into it huh.)

I'm gonna hold out for Dooku and maybe a Clone Trooper for now.

darthzirock
12-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Who else might they consider making for such a small cartoon and expect to sell?

I suggest the following (and let's be real about this folks, not evey character will or needs to be made):

Durge (This makes absolute sense) Oh wait I think I remember seeing this already...am I right here?

Yes, Durge is being made. He's in Wave 2, with Dooku, Yoda, and the Clone Trooper.

JEDIpartner
12-30-2003, 02:46 PM
I've got a full set now. They rock the hiz-ouse!

Val Da Car
01-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Here is some news...TRU @ Amazon got in the R3p0 & other basic saga figures....they now start at $7.99...

That is more that most online stores.....

bobafrett
01-10-2004, 12:46 AM
I've only found the Anakin in the animated line thus far. I bought it, but I will be picking up the rest of them should I get lucky enough to see them at my local Target(s).

fishyfett
01-10-2004, 02:01 AM
I've seen all the figures. Not impressed. No, thanks. Even if they're cheaper than the basic figures I still won't buy them. Looks distorted to me. :dead:

evenflow
01-10-2004, 08:19 AM
I really dont mind that much considering i think they are much cooler than the regular Clone Wars figures. I will be picking them up and hope they make a third series.

sith_killer_99
01-10-2004, 08:45 AM
I really dont mind that much considering i think they are much cooler than the regular Clone Wars figures.

Cooler than Aasjj Vaentress, cooler than the ARC Troopers, cooler than the Super Articulated Clone Trooper... :eek: LOL

kool-aid killer
01-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I think the Ventress animated figure looks cooler than the regular Clone Wars line. She just looks much more crazy to me. I think the animated Clone will be a sweet looking figure too. They are just something different. Nobody is forced into buying them if they dont want to.

DarthQuack
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Some sneaky son of a gun got to the aisle right before I did and took two of them :( I guess I'll have to wait until the next shipment comes on the racks.

-Matt

kool-aid killer
01-27-2004, 10:36 AM
I have seen a Target put out multiple cases of them so dont give up hope yet. Its sort of like a guessing game. Some days i go out to hunt because i feel new product should be out and other days i dont because i doubt anything has popped up. Now the Clone toon figure looks like its going to be a hard to find one. If i see two or more on the pegs i may have a hard time holding off on them. Now i would feel bad because im most likely depriving somebody in my area of one but my guilt would be lessened if i where able to assist someone else on these forums with obtaining one. Decisions, decisions, decisions...