PDA

View Full Version : How should the movie end?

jedicaro
12-17-2003, 03:24 PM
In my opinion, the movie should end at the begining of the building of the death star. What do you guys think? :cool:

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-17-2003, 05:02 PM
In my opinion, the movie should end at the begining of the building of the death star. What do you guys think? :cool:

Cool idea. I think we should see Darth Sidious on his throne in his Palace on Coruscant with Vader close by. He can then inform Lord Vader to oversee work on "the ultimate weapon". It'd be a nice tie in with A New Hope when we'd see the Death Star in all it's glory. :)

Anakin Palpatine
12-17-2003, 05:12 PM
I think it should end with Lucas giving a huge apology for putting to much backround into 3 movies. Which ever the case I'm sure I'll slitt my wrists with the rest of the fanboys!:dead:

Pendo
12-18-2003, 04:51 AM
It should be the darkest ending of any of the movies. The Chosen One is believed dead along with the Jedi, and the evil Sith lord has won. The ending of the movie should show the galaxy in terror, and should appear that there is no longer any hope.

PENDO!

stillakid
12-18-2003, 12:06 PM
It should be the darkest ending of any of the movies. The Chosen One is believed dead along with the Jedi, and the evil Sith lord has won. The ending of the movie should show the galaxy in terror, and should appear that there is no longer any hope.

PENDO!

Totally. There HAS to be no doubt in the audience's mind that Anakin is DEE EEE AYYY DEE...DEAD.

I think that a full on shot of the Death Star is a bad idea, however some kind of dark shadow or silhouette of it would better serve the idea of lingering dread and foreboding.

In no way shape or form should we see any babies taken ANYWHERE. Their fate should appear to be in as much jeopardy as everyone else's.

jedi master sal
12-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Okay, here's how I think it will end and then I put how I'd like it to end.

It will end with Obi-wan handing over baby Luke to Owen and Beru. The despair will have been played off in the scenes immediately preceding this one. Lucas always likes to end in a musical number, but instead of a celebration, it will be a darker tone, perhaps very sad sounding music.

Now as to how I'd like to see it end:

The Emperor commands Anakin to take a Sith name and then orders him to oversee the construction of the Death Star. Vader completes his armor and looking at the camera says, "I am no longer Anakin Skywalker, I AM DARTH VADER!"

Possibly aboard a cruiser bound for the Death Star (with the Death Star clearly in view over Vader's shoulder).

stillakid
12-18-2003, 02:13 PM
but instead of a celebration, it will be a darker tone, perhaps very sad sounding music.
Like on the radio?
;)

Now as to how I'd like to see it end:

"I am no longer Anakin Skywalker, I AM DARTH VADER!"

(just in case anyone from Lucasfilm reads these things, I'd just like to say that the views expressed here are not necessarily those of other fans nor of the establishment. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.)

Pendo
12-19-2003, 02:43 AM
"I am no longer Anakin Skywalker, I AM DARTH VADER!"
I don't think Anakin's new identity should be revealed to the audience :rolleyes:.

PENDO!

good shot jansen
12-22-2003, 04:50 PM
this has probably already been noted before; but anakin's new identity has to be revealed, obi wan told luke that his father was killed by darth vader, a former pupil of his.

now unless we're lead to believe that vader kills anakin, (like they're two separate people), and then obi-wan while dueling vader says something like, "now i'm gonna teach ya something, it's back to school with you", :rolleyes: , the only way that obi wans statement to luke in anh makes sense is that we know anakin is vader. who else did we see obi-wan teach in any of the prequals?

Pendo
12-22-2003, 05:03 PM
this has probably already been noted before; but anakin's new identity has to be revealed, obi wan told luke that his father was killed by darth vader, a former pupil of his.

now unless we're lead to believe that vader kills anakin, (like they're two separate people), and then obi-wan while dueling vader says something like, "now i'm gonna teach ya something, it's back to school with you", :rolleyes: , the only way that obi wans statement to luke in anh makes sense is that we know anakin is vader. who else did we see obi-wan teach in any of the prequals?I can't see how that means Anakin's identity has to be revealed! Obi-Wan's lie is explained in Return of the Jedi so it's not important that it makes sense in A New Hope because it is cleared up at the end of the Star Wars movie (remember you've got to think of it as one big movie). What's more important in a movie? That one of the biggest surprises is kept a secret until it's time for it to be revealed? Or ruining the surprise so that a statement by a character makes sense, even though the statement is cleared up later on?

I've not been keeping track of spoilers but Obi-Wan may have a new pupil in Episode III. He may have a pupil between Episode III and A New Hope.

Obi-Wan says that Darth Vader murdered his father, but in Episode III (if Anakin's identity is kept secret) it may appear that Obi-Wan kills Anakin. Obi-Wan isn't exactly going to say "I killed your father" is he! Obi-Wan needed to tell Luke about his father to get him interested in training to become a Jedi. It wasn't time for Luke to learn about his father's identity, and Ben telling him that he killed Anakin wouldn't exactly get him in the "learning to be a Jedi" kinda mood.

PENDO!

stillakid
12-22-2003, 05:05 PM

now unless we're lead to believe that vader kills anakin, (like they're two separate people), and then obi-wan while dueling vader says something like, "now i'm gonna teach ya something, it's back to school with you", :rolleyes: , the only way that obi wans statement to luke in anh makes sense is that we know anakin is vader. who else did we see obi-wan teach in any of the prequals?

Ahhh, good question and another shining example of how easily George F'd up.

Consider this for a moment: In TPM, in the beginning, as Obi Wan and his apprentice Qui Gon Jinn emerge from the poisonous conference room, Qui Gon is wounded by blaster fire from the Destroyer Droids. With little choice, Obi Wan is forced to flee, leaving his Padawan behind, seemingly for dead.

What Obi doesn't know, and neither does the audience...yet! , is that this Padawan is taken as a prisoner, and being that he is at that impressionable stage of training (as Luke was in ESB), he is easily seduced to the Darkside. Years later, well after Obi Wan has discovered Anakin Skywalker on his own, and decided to train him on his own (just like the OT continuity says he should), Anakin feels betrayed by Obi Wan and the Jedi which makes him vulnerable to the seduction of Palpatine. Obi Wan and Anakin end up fighting (Episode III) and Anakin is left for dead. Obi Wan leaves, and on his way back to Coruscant, he is confronted by his old Padawan Qui Gonn Jinn! Egads! A man in black...left for dead...****** off at the Jedi and at his former Master!...Obi Wan manages to dispatch this one as well, just as he had Anakin, but only one of them dies...STAY TUNED to the next episode of Star Wars for Episode IV, A NEW HOPE when we find out which of these bad guys survived to fight another day!

Oh, but how do you like that? You tune into Episode IV and guess what!? Lucas put the guy in a frickin' mask! We STILL don't know which one it is. This is a cliffhanger question that will last until the very end of the saga. Just like the movie serials George used to love. Ahhhhh!

Oh, but wait. There's something we forgot...George already F'D this whole thing up. It's too late. lol

scruffziller
12-22-2003, 06:29 PM
In no way shape or form should we see any babies taken ANYWHERE. Their fate should appear to be in as much jeopardy as everyone else's.
Too late................

genericclone99
01-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Hopefully it will end so that this rumoured 'Grievous' character confronts Anakin (who is mortally injured after his battle with Obi) and they fight.
Keep it nice and dark and don't show the outcome.
Then show the rumoured armour "montage" sequence, never showing the face.
Then finish it off with palpatine saying something like:
"The greatest Jedi, Anakin Skywalker is dead."
"The remaining Jedi are scattered throughout the galaxy."
"YOU are to finish them off,
DARTH VADER"

That would eliminate many of the afformentioned continuity errors.
Except for Vader being Obi Wans pupil(Hey, who said he was honest?)

Some good editing and Lucas might just pull this off. Well I mean.