PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?

Tycho
12-18-2003, 02:17 AM
With the success of the Clone Wars Expanded Universe line for the Prequel Star Wars era, we also witness the conclusion of the New Jedi Order for the Classic Star Wars era. With that in mind:

this poll asks "Would you buy Hasbro action figures of Jaina and Jacen Solo?"

Nearly 50% of approximatley 560 of our readers said that once the Star Wars line had represented all the characters seen in the movies in the 3 3/4" line, you would want Star Wars to continue releasing new figures for this collection, in this size, and tap into the Expanded Universe, more resculpts or re-releases, or whatever it takes, rather than change the size of our basic action figures.

For over 10 years, since their creation in the Timothy Zahn novels which saw Star Wars rebirth and Jaina and Jacen's literal birth, the Solo twins have been rising stars in the adult Classic Star Wars literature. Yet while Hasbro has done some Expanded Universe figures, and most recently had a very successful run with the Clone Wars, Hasbro never made New Jedi Order figures, espcially Jaina and Jacen Solo.

So if they did, would you personally buy them?

JediTricks
12-18-2003, 04:29 AM
I'm pretty picky about my EU choices, and the Solo kids aren't part of that, so I vote no... unless they were really cool SW figs. ;) I have some EU figs I would definitely buy, but not these.

plo koon 200
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Of course I would.

JediBoulton
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
To own the children of Leia and Han -- are you kidding??

These would be a great addition to a collection...

Silent Chazz
12-18-2003, 02:49 PM
As you can tell by my Avatar, I definately would. As long as they come with lightsabers, though.

JediBoulton
12-18-2003, 02:51 PM
I agree Silent Chazz -- along with some sweet pistols and perhaps some cloth capes or something...

DarkJedi5
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Gotta say that I've been reading the Star Wars books for about as long as I have been collecting the figures. Jaina and Jancen aren't even two of the coolest EU characters ever, but you bet I'd buy 'em. Anyone else think a Yuuzhan Vong figure would totally rock, or am I just crazy?

darthzirock
12-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Sure, I'd buy the Solo kids, and just about any other EU character, from the novels and comics to videogame characters like Darth Malek and Darth Bandon. This is a richly diverse, largely untapped source for very cool toys. But, why wait until all the movie characters are produced? Mix up the line with a few characters from the movies and EU in each wave of figures, especially after all the EPISODE III-specific characters are exhausted (probably around 2006).

Silent Chazz
12-18-2003, 03:07 PM
I forgot to mention, the first Star Wars novels I read had Jacen and Jaina as the main characters, the Young Jedi Knights novels.

Tycho
12-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Of course I'd like Yuuzhan Vong and other Expanded Universe characters from the Classic Star Wars era (and the New Jedi Order it evolved into), but Jaina and Jacen Solo are the 2 main lead characters, after Anakin Solo's demise.

To compare a potential NJO toy line with the Clone Wars line, you have 4-5 main leads with Clone Wars:

Obi-Wan
Anakin
Yoda
Mace
ARC Troopers

Of course there are lead villains, but they are EU, since Dooku never got a CW figure in the regular line (not counting animated figures here).

So for the main leads of a Classic Era EU line, you'd have:

Luke
Leia
Han
Mara
Jaina
Jacen

It's a great way for the 3 3/4" collection to continue, and it can be every bit as marketable, as

Jaina could be made as a pilot, a Jedi, and an apprentice.
Jacen could be made at least as a Jedi and an apprentice.

Any Yuuzhan Vong or other EU figures all interact with the Solo twins, whether it's Corran Horn, the Noghri, Ssruvvi, or Talon Karrde.

And SW tradition saw in Trilogy 1, the older generation: Qui-Gon, Sith Lord Maul (young as he was in age), pass on, and a new generation, Anakin and Obi-Wan and Padme step up. In Trilogy 2, Obi-Wan, and Padme are either gone or on their way, as Luke, Han, and Leia step up, and eventually, even Anakin leaves them behind too.

As SW continues, a new young generation will have to continue the story. Leia and Luke are about 45, and Han's 56. New teenage/20-something heroes are needed - and Jaina and Jacen are it.

That doesn't mean all of our readers agree. So let's learn who does, and who does not.

scott
12-18-2003, 04:02 PM
I think that would be cool. I would love to see Zahn's figures made And a 12" Thawn in his white uniform, Theres a seller.

OC47150
12-18-2003, 05:02 PM
I'll admit, I haven't voted yet because I'm torn. I'm not a huge fan of the Solo kids. They remind me too much of the Wonder Twins. Why? I don't know, they just do.

(And for fans of the original JLA cartoon, the decline of the series can be traced to the introduction of the Wonder Twins!)

I'd probably buy them, but there are other characters I'd rather see created first.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-18-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm not a fan of NJO (I stopped reading EU SW after the Zahn duology) but I would get them if they were grown up, had lightsabers, and really cool outfits like cloth capes. That way you could use them as generic Jedi and not just Han and Leia Jr.

Darth Metalmute
12-18-2003, 05:56 PM
I believe they should do a cinema three pack with the Solo Twins and Anakin Solo.
They should also have one of Nom Amor, Shimrra, and either Warmaster Tsavong Lah or Onimi.
These would be great figures if done correctly.

stillakid
12-18-2003, 06:10 PM
I don't know who they are or anything about them, but that nutty completionist in me wouldn't be able to pass them up. :crazed:

Cast Iron
12-18-2003, 07:29 PM
A BIG NO to the Solo twins, but I'd love to see figures made of some Marvel Comics characters, or characters from the Goodwin/Williamson SW newspaper strip. None of the names of the latter strip's characters come to mind at the moment, but I'd pay up for decent quality figures of:

Jaxxon
Amaiza
Spiner
Baron Tagge [the comic lightsabre-wielding tyrant]
Serji-X-Arrogantus [with Cloud Rider]
Crimson Jack & Jolli
Don-Wan Kihotay
Domina Tagge
Senator Greyshade [AOTC connection]
Master-Com
Cody 'Starshine' [I can't quite remember his second name - help anybody?]
Rik Duel & Dani
Shira Brie [as Dark Lady Lumiya]

joe-da
12-18-2003, 08:38 PM
please no.. please, please no...

Darth Cruel
12-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Seems like a no-brainer to me. I will be surprised if the replies to this poll don't stay overwhelmingly yes.

Turbowars
12-18-2003, 09:22 PM
I voted yes, but I need something more than the books. I want a new movie. If no movie or show, I say no.

Ender82
12-18-2003, 10:54 PM
Finally! Some else realizes how significant the Star Wars books are Give me Jacen and Jaina and Anakin and Tahiri and Kyp and OVerlord Shmirra. I love the New Jedi Order and all the books!

JediTricks
12-19-2003, 12:04 AM
(And for fans of the original JLA cartoon, the decline of the series can be traced to the introduction of the Wonder Twins!)I thought the show was going downhill with the introduction of Wonder Marv, his idiot dog and his girlfriend. :p

We still need a good Thrawn figure, and a Noghri, and a real Darktrooper... there's a lot of EU figures left to be done. The question is, will there be a market for them?

evenflow
12-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Hell Yes, and Anakin Solo too.

bobafrett
12-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Only if they made a pregnant Leia doll, then that could be pulled from the pegs at Wal-Mart since the mothers of young Star Wars fans would complain, and Wal-Mart would bow to the pressure.

Actually, I'd buy them, but because I have become a completist collector.

arctangent
12-19-2003, 03:57 AM
i would buy jaina and jacen but they would definately need to make some yuzzhan vong to fight.

Anakin Palpatine
12-19-2003, 04:42 AM
Sign over check to Hasbro.
Sign over soul to Lucas.

Now I can finally Have Han yell out "who's your Daddy" and Leia nagging "Don't forget to bundle up, it's cold in space".:p

Quite-Gone Jim
12-19-2003, 08:18 AM
I'll buy them as long as they look like a real character. I really detest the look of the cartoon figures. I'd be thrilled with a whole line of NJO figures.

Tycho
12-19-2003, 12:18 PM
The Solo kids would most likely be done as Jedi Knights in their early 20's - the same age represented by the Padme and Anakin figures we have now, and the Luke and Leia figures we've had in the past.

Jaina could be done as a 21 year old X-wing Pilot as well, like one of you guys' avatars.

I'm curious, those of you who say "no," did you buy the Clone Wars figures including Durge, Ventress, and the ARC Trooper?

And these EU figures would be different from NJO EU figures, because???

jedi master sal
12-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Heck yeah, I'd buy them, so long as the Movie characters are made either first or along with. But the movie characters are more important IMO. it's what the general public knows more.

Along with Jacen and Jaina, Anakin Solo is a must.

I'd also like to see all of Rogue as well as Wraith Squadrons done as figures. All the way back to SW:ANH! All of those pilots seen on screen should be made without question!

Shoot a special 3 or 4 pack of them would be nice. Have numbered 3-4 packs until all of those are made.

Definitely many of the video game characters as well.

I'd love to see all of the mainline characters and some of the others from KOTOR made. Imagine having:

Bastila Shan-great looking female figure!
Carth Onasi-He's the rogue-like character (Han Solo) in the game.
Darth Malak-ALWAYS good to have more villians and a Darth at that!
Calo Nord-low-rate mercenary/bounty hunter!
Canderous Ordo- Come on, who wouldn't want a real Mandolorian! We'd have to have on of him in the armor as well!
Jolee Bindo-Precursor to Mace Windu and a fiery old codger!
Darth Bandon-see above
Zaalbar-You mean you don't want another Wookie?
Mission Vao-Hey another Twi' Lek female can't be that bad
Juhani-okay for all of you rusky cat lovers out there! That was a joke folks. Seriously this character doesn't get enough respect.
T3-M4-YES, this is the precursor to R2! Definitely need him!
HK-47-ABSOLUTELY! Great Assasin Droid. And who doesn't like his witty remarks....meatbag!
And the big one is Darth Revan a female and a male one! Maybe with extra heads of each for the different ones in the game. Not all of them just like the 3 most wanted (have a poll!)

Other minor characters from KOTOR:
Sith Trooper-Can you say MAJOR ARMY BUILDER!!!!!!!!!
Motta the Hutt
Generic Mandolorian Warrior-Another would-be army builder!
Saul Karath- He's the former Republic Admiral who went over to the Sith and Carth feels betrayed him.
Rakata-The ancient race, don't neccessarily need to have specific ones.
Ancient Sand people!
Selkath people-They are a Manta Ray headed -like race Nice design!

If I counted right that's 19 Figures!
They could come in three cases broke down like this:
Case 1:
Darth Revan (one each of male and female)
Bastila Shan x2
Carth Onasi x2
Darth Malak x2
Canderous Ordo x2
Sith Trooper x2

Case 2:
Zaalbar x2
Mission Vao x2
T3-M4 x2
HK-47 x2
Generic Mandolorian Warrior x2
Saul Karath x1
Darth Bandon x1

Case 3:
Juhani x2
Jolee Bindo x2
Calo Nord x1
Selkath people x1
Ancient Sand person x2
Rakata warrior x1
Sith Trooper x2
Sith Trooper x1 (Red version)

and Motta the Hutt as a special set by himself.

Okay that's it for KOTOR.

How about Nym from the video game as well. He was on a poll I believe. I really like that character.

Well, I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

skeeziks22
12-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Solo Twins and Anakin would be great. Many others would be good as well.

As for KOTOR and other video game figures... I understand that somehow these storylines fit into the SW universe... but I haven't played one since the first Rogue Squadron came out. I didn't know who Kyle Katarn was when Hasbro made that figure, but I bought him. When I have free time I read instead of play video games... but granted, I have thought of buying a game system just to play some of the SW games. Now, if they all came out on PC versions I'd go for them.

I think that any EU figures made should be mixed in with the regular release of figures... or sold at the same time like the Clone Wars figs. This way buyers can mix and match or get them all... but not have a whole year, or some given length of time that Hasbro releases nothing that you want to buy.

stillakid
12-19-2003, 03:46 PM
I think that if Hasbro seriously wanted to start pushing any of this EU stuff, they'd almost have to include some kind of comic book pack-in or something to explain it. Odds are that most of their intended audience hasn't read any of the EU material so would have absolutely no motivation to buy toys based on it. Maybe if Cartoon Network starts producing mini-EU stories using these characters (as part of the synergistic advertising campaign) then there'd be reason to do any of this, but until then, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Tycho
12-19-2003, 05:58 PM
It's sad that a majority of fans will watch a cartoon show, but not read adult novels.

Time? I probably read 10-20 pages as I lay in bed before falling asleep, or at the breakfast table.

There are times what's written bores me, but it's a good tradeoff for the times I can't put a book down and go 60 pages or 100 in one sitting, because I want to know what happens next.

Classic Star Wars novels have basically fallen along those patterns too:

Really good:

The Paradise Snare - Ann Crispin
The Hutt Gambit - Ann Crispin
Rebel Dawn - Ann Crispin
Courtship of Princess Leia - Dave Wolverton
Heir to the Empire - Timothy Zahn
Dark Force Rising - Timothy Zahn
The Last Command - Timothy Zahn
Spectre of the Past - Timothy Zahn
Vision of the Future - Timothy Zahn

most of the NEW JEDI ORDER - (but read these in the order it tells you on the inside of any NJO book) authors include Ron Salvatore, Mike Stackpole, James Luceno, Greg Keyes, Troy Denning, Aaron Allston, Matthew Stover, Walter John Williams

Really bad:

Children of the Jedi - Barbara Hambly
Planet of Twilight - Barbara Hambly
The Crystal Star - Vonda McIntire
The New Rebellion -Kristine Catherine Rusch

Most of the books I didn't mention from CLASSIC expanded universe fall somewhere in between, basically being average.

I do understand that reading anything from the Really Bad list above could turn someone off to the whole idea of ever reading another SW novel again.
But if you haven't tried stuff from the "Good List," you've just not made an effort.

Most of the paperbacks cost about the same as one action figure, and you need not worry about them going out of stock - you only need to buy another one AFTER you've finished reading whatever you've got now.

I just can't see how 6 movies is enough, or how you can't feel the spirit of being a huge Star Wars fan, enough to buy all this plastic memorobilia, and not want to join your heroes for more adventures, new ideas, and keep it going on.

skeeziks22
12-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Tycho... I agree 100%. Some people have obviously been on and spend a lot of time on this message board for a long time judging by the number of their postings... They could use some (or a lot) of that time reading some of these books. I think the young Star Wars fans probably read more of the novels than the older ones do. Young and Junior Jedi Knights, Boba Fett series, Jedi Apprentice etc. are all aimed at them... so I think figures of characters involved in these novels as with other full length novels would do well.

I would add my personal favorite to your list...

I, Jedi

Of course you would have to read the jedi academy trilogy first to just get an idea of how cleverly written the book was. I, Jedi gave me an idea of just how much can be happening at one time... things one novel (or movie) just can't dream of capturing.

In this same reasoning, i hope they go back and do some of the side stories that were originally planned for the Vong Invasion. I read that that was the original idea for that series, but the main story line got roling and no one wanted to venture from it. Now that they have finished that up, I think they could go tell a lot of amazing stories involving Wedge/Rogue Squadron, The Imperial Remnant, The Chiss, the underground network set up by Han's stand in co-pilot (forget his name and species). They could even do real-time stories such as the Evacuation of Coruscant.

InsaneJediGirl
12-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I'd buy them,as long as they werent Cartoon Style or really kiddie.We need more than just Jacen and Jaina as well.I like the books,and fallen behind on NJO but I'll just throw up what I know.

Anakin Solo
Vong
Tahiri
Verge,etc

I'd also like to see Nomi Sunrider,Bodo Bass,Vima,and others from the Tales of the Jedi as well :)

dr_evazan22
12-19-2003, 11:16 PM
I would buy NJO-era Jacen and Jaina fig's, providing that they have no resemblance to the pic in Tycho's post.

JediTricks
12-20-2003, 12:09 AM
I'm curious, those of you who say "no," did you buy the Clone Wars figures including Durge, Ventress, and the ARC Trooper?that's cheating, you picked the 3 CW figures I did buy! (though I do regret buying the ARF Trooper, even on sale.) I bought dlx Durge, Asajj Ventress, and the ARF, but I didn't buy Yoda or Mace or Anakin or Obi-Wan or Sassy or Kit "The Grin" Fisto or the basic Durge or any of the 3packs.

Cast Iron
12-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Of course, the Clone Wars toys have been successful due to the cartoon series and their close links to the tail end events of AOTC. The EU characters may have appeared in novels, but have no real mainstream support like a cartoon or TV series [yet]. I don't see any more EU being a good toy bet. By the time EP3 has come and gone, there will have been no NJO novels for at least twelve months so the multimedia support for toys based in their characters has faded; ad that's starting from a point where most SW fans don't read the novels to begin with.

My support for Marvel Comics toys stems from their supreme visual impact, something you don't really get from the new comics crowd who don't look that much different from one another, just jumpsuits and blaster belts/lightsabres. You could add little comics to the Marvel series, with condensed accounts of their adventures from the remastered Dark Horse reprints.

Of course, I've already defeated my own arguement for EU toys, haven't I? No current, mainstream media support and they are not going to make much money for Hasbro UNLESS Hasbro are willing to put good money into promoting them, and we know how cheap Hasbro are...

stillakid
12-20-2003, 07:34 PM
It's sad that a majority of fans will watch a cartoon show, but not read adult novels.

Time? I probably read 10-20 pages as I lay in bed before falling asleep, or at the breakfast table.

There are times what's written bores me, but it's a good tradeoff for the times I can't put a book down and go 60 pages or 100 in one sitting, because I want to know what happens next.

"Sad" is kinda harsh, no? I like my "Star Wars" fixes to be in quick, bite-sized portions, save for the features of course. I like the toys, even if I don't know who Kyle Katern (sp?) is, but that zest to expand my interests into the ever evolving universe of Star Wars that is "over there" never developed. But that has little to do with my current degree of being a "sad" human-being (I may be "sad" for other reasons ;) ). Even when it comes to the Insider, I find myself browsing the pages now instead of devouring every word as I would have done as a pre-teen child. I prefer to throw my reading time into other non-Star Wars topics. (At the moment, I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, of all things.)

Tycho
12-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I didn't mean it that way. It's great that you're reading though.

As to bite sized portions (man does reading Dracula add a nice pun to this), you can certainly only read 6-10 pages a night before bed (or at breakfast) etc. and have the portion of time you spend in the Star Wars universe be as brief as you want it, and then continue with something new the next chapter later.

What I meant by sad was that reading for pleasure is a now uncommon, but once ancient form of entertainment that has seen a dramatic decline since you could take hand-held video game players with you into bed, and continue those adventures later by a press of the "save game" button.

Classics are just that: time-honored. Super Mario hasn't been around long enough to be a classic. Time will tell if video game programming will be regarded as a cultural art. Meanwhile, skateboarding is a sport, and most people can't ride while they are in bed - so reading is still a viable and (could be) a very exciting option.

tagmac
12-20-2003, 10:10 PM
I would love to see a 4-pack, with Anakin Solo and Tenel Ka also thrown in.

stillakid
12-21-2003, 07:09 PM
I didn't mean it that way. It's great that you're reading though.
You didn't think my incredible literary comprehension skills arose from hours of hammering away at ROGUE LEADER, did you? ;)

Meanwhile, skateboarding is a sport, and most people can't ride while they are in bed - so reading is still a viable and (could be) a very exciting option.
For those of us with "mates," we sometimes manage to find other nocturnal activities apart from reading or watching The Tonight Show. :o

Darth Jade
12-22-2003, 12:24 PM
Let's not forget Kyp, Ganner, and Miko Regalia. That would make for a great three pack as well. There are alot of potentials in this. But I think they need to segway some of these characters into at least cartoons so more people get to hear their names first.

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 01:53 PM
I've made no secret of the fact that I don't like the EU stories or characters. So, unsurprisingly, I voted no.

These days, my collecting habits are a pale shadow of what they once were. I've bought maybe one action figure in the last three months (the Imperial Dignitary) and about 90% of the upcoming figures I have no interest in. So there is no way I'm going to spend $5 apiece on some kids that didn't even appear in the movies.

jedi master sal
12-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Expanding on Tycho message a little, why not do what I do...

Besides reading a little before going to bed...

Read when your on the .....potty, thought I would say something else huh?

I can read a bit, while I'm just a sitting and a straining...well maybe not the straining part...

Okay, so I'm being funny about this. Seriously though, I've gotten alot of reading and "serious thinking" done on the throne. Just keep one of the novels in the bathroom and you'll have more to look forward to than just the normal...just remember to put the book down BEFORE wiping...

stillakid
12-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Expanding on Tycho message a little, why not do what I do...

Besides reading a little before going to bed...

Read when your on the .....potty, thought I would say something else huh?

I can read a bit, while I'm just a sitting and a straining...well maybe not the straining part...

Okay, so I'm being funny about this. Seriously though, I've gotten alot of reading and "serious thinking" done on the throne. Just keep one of the novels in the bathroom and you'll have more to look forward to than just the normal...just remember to put the book down BEFORE wiping...

Well, if the book didn't stink before you read it, ... ;)

scruffziller
12-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Now in that pic is that Luke on the far right or is that Anikin Solo?

Somebody on here has an avatar that says Jaina that looks alot like Padme.

Tycho
12-23-2003, 03:47 PM
In the picture I posted from the cover of Crisis at Crystal Reef, when the Solo kids are on the edge of age 17, that's Luke their 44 year old Jedi Master.

He just definitely doesn't look 44 in that picture.

Modern figures of Jacen and Jaina should first be made of the Solo kids as adults. They are now 22 years old following New Jedi Order - that's Luke and Leia's age in ROTJ for those of you who are thinking these are "kid" action figures like maybe the E1 Anakin Skywalker figures. Not in the slightest, although if an EU line is popular, some day they might be able to sell the Solo kids at an age a little younger.

And does Jaina look like Padme? That IS her grandmother, so ...

But Jaina looks more like Leia, as most art and every other author has described her - Leia with a little bit of Han's features.

Ender82
12-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Going on my guess that you voiced I cut off my eps. I Padme's head and placed it on my Endor Ewok village leia's body, gave her an extra lightsaber, and walla! i had Jaina Solo. ANd to create Jacen Solo I took Luke Bespin with removable hand(not the Saga) and placed a Han Solo head(after sculpting it a bit) and presto I had Jacen Solo. If only I could make an Anakin Solo...

In the picture I posted from the cover of Crisis at Crystal Reef, when the Solo kids are on the edge of age 17, that's Luke their 44 year old Jedi Master.

He just definitely doesn't look 44 in that picture.

Modern figures of Jacen and Jaina should first be made of the Solo kids as adults. They are now 22 years old following New Jedi Order - that's Luke and Leia's age in ROTJ for those of you who are thinking these are "kid" action figures like maybe the E1 Anakin Skywalker figures. Not in the slightest, although if an EU line is popular, some day they might be able to sell the Solo kids at an age a little younger.

And does Jaina look like Padme? That IS her grandmother, so ...

But Jaina looks more like Leia, as most art and every other author has described her - Leia with a little bit of Han's features.

Tycho
12-29-2003, 09:26 PM
That's pretty close to what they'd look like. Only Han's 29 at the youngest when he appears in the movies, and Jacen's still 7 years younger than any Han Solo head you may have. But with the figures, you can't really tell - though the Hans they make tend to look a little older like when he's 33 in ROTJ.

You know what's an irregularly young looking Han head? The Endor Shield Bunker Han from the Saga assortment. It still looks a little old for Jacen Solo, but it does look a lot like what he's going to look like in 7 years...

It's funny, but Ford aged between ANH and ROTJ (well of course, since it was over 6 years of HIS life in the real world:

ANH:

Harrison: 27 1975 filming begins for release in 1977
Han Solo: 29 in the Battle of Yavin

ESB

Harrison: 30 1978 filming begins for release in 1980
Han Solo: 32 in the Battle of Hoth

ROTJ

Harrison: 33 1981 filming begins for release in 1983
Han Solo: 33 in the Battle of Endor

So Harrison has typically portrayed Han Solo as being older than he actually was.

HASBRO does it this way:

ANH

Han Solo 33

ROTJ

Han Solo 27 - LOL

But anyway, since the kids don't look exactly like their parents, figures would be nice. But in 3 3/4" scale, I guess it would be hard to distinguish who is who: Jacen or Han, Jaina or Leia - except by what they wear.

But if you were going to use a Han Solo head, I'd suggest the POTJ Bespin Han or the Endor Raid Saga Han, and put it on the new Luke Jedi body, or an Obi-Wan Kenobi Naboo (E1) figure's body.

You really need a younger head for Jacen when he wore that Luke Bespin style standard-issue utility suit. Jacen was 16 when he last wore that outfit, nearly 11 years younger looking that the youngest looking Hasbro Han.

Leia and Jaina's ages are more closer related for their action figure counterparts:

ANH:

Leia's 18
Carrie's 17
Hasbro's figure is an orangutang

ESB

Leia's 21
Carrie's 20 and on cocaine

ROTJ

Leia's 22
Carrie's 23 and in chained to rehab wearing a metal bikini

Jaina Solo wears a similar outfit to Leia Bespin Escape's when she's 16, but it's tan like Luke Bespin's. Most Hasbro Leia heads will do.

Later, Jaina Solo wears an X-wing Pilot's uniform like Luke X-wing POTJ's (which is small enough but lacks boobies and a shapely behind). She would be 18 years old, and using the Leia Boussh head, or the Queen Amidala Theed Hanger Fight, or Padme Droid Factory head would be a good idea so her hair fits into a helmet. My friend used a Leia Bespin Escape body, and sculpy, to add the X-wing gear onto that figure after it was painted the appropriate orange.

Finally, Jaina the Jedi might dress like Bariss Offee. That would probably make an awesome Jaina Solo custom, with Leia Dark Empire's head, or Leia Ewok Princess' head, or Padme Tatooine's head (E1).

Jaina does not style her hair with curls, fancy braids (like Leia Bespin's) or ponytail wraps like Leia Ceremony's). She wears her STRAIGHT hair, hanging straight down when she's not in her flight uniform.

My friend James McCallister made the attached custom figures. From left to right they are:

Jacen, Jaina, Anakin, Tahiri, Lowbacca, Tsar Sabentyne, Tekli, Zekk, Ganner Rhysode, Tenel Ka.

He's improved his work a lot since then, and I don't think Jaina wore green, but she might've.

This was the Myrkr Mission Jedi Strike Team in which Anakin Solo sacraficed his life to save the other members of the team.

scruffziller
12-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Those are some cool customs Tycho.

Ender82
12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
wow those are some nice customs...if those were on eBay I would pay quite a bit for them(hint) ;)

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised to not see a response from me already in here. I was going to equivocate my "absolutely" that I apparently never posted.

I would absolutely buy any Jaina figure made, as well as any Jacen figure where he wasn't Darth Stupididea.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Huh yeah! Can't wait for hasbro to finally get off their behinds and make these figures! Which would be sooner than later.

Jargo
01-22-2009, 05:22 PM
ewww no. nonononononono.

I'd sooner buy a ton of Gungans than these.

Tycho
06-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I guess Hasbro answered this question all right!