PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on Vader Marmit

jeremyhobbs
12-19-2003, 12:15 PM
I pre-ordered the Marmit Darth Vader back in August. The release dater kept being pushed all the way to January 2004 and then my order was cancelled. I had called in late October asking them if they had any news and they told me that it was pretty much a go to ship in November. I am looking for someone to help me find out where I can get more information on this and other Marmit figure kits!

derek
12-19-2003, 05:08 PM
this is not official, but word is hasbro, who has the master toy rights to all things star wars, pulled the figure model kit rights from marmit. if this is true, there will be no vader, or the also rumored emperors royal guard.

one rumor is that hasbro was so proud of their "ultimate" jango fett, they thought they could do better than marmit. :rolleyes: lol (they could, but i don't think they want to)

AmanaMatt
12-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, it has been a real long time since any real news on this; A Marmit Fett would have been awsome; as nice as Ultimate Jango was, it was still clearly Hasbro quality.

Forget making 12" from dolls - Hasbro needs to go the 12" action figure path.

Turbowars
12-21-2003, 12:32 AM
(they could, but i don't think they want to)You said it brother!!:ermm:

Vortex
12-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Well, it has been a real long time since any real news on this; A Marmit Fett would have been awsome; as nice as Ultimate Jango was, it was still clearly Hasbro quality.

Forget making 12" from dolls - Hasbro needs to go the 12" action figure path.

Just on a side note, there was a Marmit Fett made, quite a few years back. I have one. Its pretty cool, but very detailed.

As for Vader...I don't think he's every going to show up. I did a pre-order when he 1st when up on EE, and the dates keep changing. I don't think we'll ever see him.

If you can get your hands on a Fett, I suggest you do, he's worth it and very cool.

jeremyhobbs
12-22-2003, 07:22 PM
I just got into the marmits recently, I was under the impression that they were simply model kits and did not pay attention to them. Collecting just the 3 3/4" and a few 12" figures is overwhelming as it is! I have the sandtrooper, stormtyrooper and the fett. I customized them to have removable helmets and they are indeed remarkable!

MrSci-Fi
12-29-2003, 03:35 AM
I would be so into collecting marmit if they weren't so much. I do have a boba fett but I won that one. Hasbro needs to vastly upgrade their quality or let the other guys step in, I doubt either will happen though.

AmanaMatt
12-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Sorry, in my other log, Fett = Vader.

I have the Fett, and it puts a tear in my eye everytime I see it. I have em all, and they are all great. I sold off all of my Hasbro 12"ers since there is no comparison, even the Jango is nowhere near Marmit quality, though the face sculpt was awsome.

Turambar
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Anyone got any recent news on the status of marmit?
I'm dying to find out if they are, in fact, finished with SW figures. I just saw a picture of a black pauldron sandtrooper on another site. That, along with Vader & a royal guard would more than make up for the lack of hasbro 12" figures. I am really curious about the royal guard since marmit seems much better working with armor than the velvety fabric needed to make the royal guard outfit.
After that, marmit has only to produce a wave with the biker scout, imp gunner, and possibly a snowtrooper, and I'll be satisfied.

sith_killer_99
03-21-2004, 11:47 AM
one rumor is that hasbro was so proud of their "ultimate" jango fett, they thought they could do better than marmit. (they could, but i don't think they want to)

Hmmm, I've never seen any indication that Hasbro could come close to the quality of Marmit, let alone do better than Marmit. :p

Turambar
04-10-2004, 08:15 AM
After marmit finished with the armored imperials, they could take a stab at making a Boushh figure. That would look pretty awesome IMO.