PDA

View Full Version : What wave is Fan Choice Concept Trooper in?

jad
12-20-2003, 11:29 PM
Wondered if anyone could clear up for me which wave the Fan choice concept trooper is in. I've been thinking it's in the same wave as the nightclub folks and bail organa. But it seems that I can always find all of those on the pegs, as if they were just put out, but alas... the Concept Trooper is never to be found.

That kind of makes me think it may be in another wave. But then again perhaps it's either short packed or just plain missing like ephant mon (who I still never got) or the scalpers are having fun and snagging them all.

Anyone got any insight into the issue? I'd also be interested to hear how many have found the Concept Trooper as it seems to be extremely hard to find for me.

Jaff
12-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Hey Jad, the figure your looking for is in the nightclub assortment, and your right: it's short packed.

Here's the case breakdown for you

2 x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Nightclub)
2 x Elan Sleazebaggano
2 x Ayy Vida Twilek
1 x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
1 x Bail Organa
1 x Imperial Dignitary #1 Janus Greejatus
1 x Padme Amidala (Larís Homestead)
1 x Yoda and Chian
1 x Aayla Secura

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I've seen all of the figures in that wave a few times, but the Stormtrooper only once. Good thing my mom got it for Christmas while I casually looked the other way. ;)

They need to stop sending out freaking old figures like Aayla Secura! Send out more Stormtroopers instead!!!

Fwad
12-21-2003, 05:04 PM
There are atleast 2 assortments with the Concept Stormtrooper in them. I got 3 cases with 2 of the Stormtroopers in them.The case is 84861A00G WAVE 6 RATIO 1.
Yeah, I've seen all of the figures in that wave a few times, but the Stormtrooper only once. Good thing my mom got it for Christmas while I casually looked the other way. ;)

They need to stop sending out freaking old figures like Aayla Secura! Send out more Stormtroopers instead!!!

Turbowars
12-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Unless things have changed, the case that Jaff posted is the only one te Stromy ships in.

Boba Fetish
12-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about that darned Concept Stormie. I have only one and that's all I need since I am a "one of every preferred likeness" type collector, but some of my friends are army builders and they are the main reason you only see everyone else in the wave but the McQ Stormie. I love my army buiding buddies, but they can sure go over the top sometimes with their armies.

Banthaholic
12-21-2003, 05:36 PM
Here's the case breakdown for you

2 x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Nightclub)
2 x Elan Sleazebaggano
2 x Ayy Vida Twilek
1 x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
1 x Bail Organa
1 x Imperial Dignitary #1 Janus Greejatus
1 x Padme Amidala (Larís Homestead)
1 x Yoda and Chian
1 x Aayla Secura
That's interesting, I checked out EE, and they list the above case breakdown for Collection 2, Wave 15.

Last month they were shipping Wave 15 as
1 x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Nightclub)
1 x Elan Sleazebaggano
1 x Ayy Vida Twilek
2 x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
2 x Bail Organa
2 x Imperial Dignitary #1 Janus Greejatus
2 x Padme Amidala (Larís Homestead)
1 x Ashla & Jempa

Craziness

Turbowars
12-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I got an e-mail from EE awhile back stating those assortments changed.

Old Fossil
12-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Glad I'm not the only one wondering where this figure is... I want one to keep MOC, but it seems I only just miss it when I find a new case put out at WM.

Fwad
12-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Target is the place where i found the cases with 2 Concept Stormtroopers per case. I have also seen the other assortment with 1 Trooper per case but only at TRU and Walmart.
Glad I'm not the only one wondering where this figure is... I want one to keep MOC, but it seems I only just miss it when I find a new case put out at WM.

jad
12-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Well i'm glad to hear that some folks are getting there hands on this figure. It helps to know that it's actually out there.

It's actually pretty obvious to see what's the most popular of the new items right now, you can tell by whats left over from the cases. Concept Trooper obviously, clone wars super articulated trooper (although I have managed to get plenty of those), and then the new Ultra Wampa is always gone before I can get my hands on it, but plenty of 3po and Riekeen's remain on the pegs.

I can't complain too much however because things in my area are moving quite fast and as a result the stores (except for Walmart) are restocking 2 to 3 times a week. Thats fantastic considering how dry things were at the begginning of the year.

Val Da Car
12-21-2003, 10:09 PM
I was there when my WM opened their case assortment and it had 3 Stormies.

Bail and Imp Dignatary was also in the case but I don't remember the rest.

kool-aid killer
12-22-2003, 09:57 AM
Bummer, it seems that i must be missing them by just a little. I always seem to come upon a wave that is missing the concept stormie but has most of the others he comes with still on the pegs.

kool-aid killer
12-23-2003, 12:12 PM
BOOYAHH!!! I went to a TRU today and found not one, not two, not three, but four concept stormies. I picked them all up too. Now i can cut back on my hunts because im caught up for now.