PDA

View Full Version : I foresee the SA Clone to be re-carded onto a Saga card.

Turbowars
12-21-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey, why not? Hasbro has been re-carding everything else. It would be to everyones benefit.

LTBasker
12-21-2003, 04:53 PM
If they did, it would be nice if they did something different with it, maybe give it the blaster rifle to make it more different from the Clone Wars versions. It would be more of a variety...

Sentinel18725
12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
That would imply that they care about variety. Good chane of this figure ending up a "Hall of Fame" figure

Tycho
12-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Considering it is the best figure ever made (Ephant Mon closely competing), that and I've no intention of stopping my army building yet, I'd love to see the SA Clone continued to be released.

Banthaholic
12-21-2003, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't complain. IMO, they should have at least 1 Clone, or Stormtrooper in every other wave.

Why not? They sell. Colectors aren't the only ones to buy multiples, kids want more than 1 as well. Although Hasbro, just does not get it. They have no clue to what we actually want, or will buy.

Silent Chazz
12-21-2003, 07:52 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they DID put the SA Clonetrooper on a Saga card. They did it with the Shadows of the Empire Leia in Boushh Disguise (they repackaged her on a Green POTF2 card), so why not an SA Clonetrooper? Speaking of Stormtroopers (from the above post), Due to the popularity of the SA Clonetrooper, I would love to see a SA Stormtrooper. Who's with me?

Old Fossil
12-21-2003, 09:56 PM
At the very least it will probably end up in Army Builder packs, like the Rebel Trooper and Sandtrooper. Give 'em some color rankings, they'll be the best selling troop builders ever.

Kidhuman
12-29-2003, 02:22 PM
They should release this figure in every wave for the next year. Why not, everyone wants him. It sells like crazy. But it is too simple for Hasbro to see that.

Turbowars
12-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Well it appears I can't get my hands on any of these guys. I hope they do repack them on the Saga card!!:evil:

Silent Chazz
12-31-2003, 03:10 AM
Considering what they did in the past with Leia (Boushh), and the recent repacks of the Commtech OT Characters, and the hard-to-find 2003 Figures, I figure (no pun intended) we might get a repack of the Clone.

JediTricks
12-31-2003, 03:35 AM
Hey, why not? Although this would be a very good idea, they stuck the relatively unselling Barris Offee on a gold border card while the much-desired Ephant Mon still is MIA for most collectors. After how they dealt with the CTC trooper's distribution and now how lousy the CW Clone has been packed, I personally expect nothing from Hasbro on this front but disappointment (but secretly await being pleasantly surprised ;)).

I still haven't found one of these for m'self. :(

sicqnus
12-31-2003, 04:38 AM
See it here :

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=2488

Silent Chazz
12-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Although this would be a very good idea, they stuck the relatively unselling Barris Offee on a gold border card while the much-desired Ephant Mon still is MIA for most collectors. After how they dealt with the CTC trooper's distribution and now how lousy the CW Clone has been packed, I personally expect nothing from Hasbro on this front but disappointment (but secretly await being pleasantly surprised ;)).

I still haven't found one of these for m'self. :(

Unselling Barris Offee? Heck, I'd kill for this figure (not literally lol) as I haven't found her anywhere.

AmanaMatt
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
As to the Epant Mon MIA - a dude from Hasbro told me they lost money on this since it was released on a regular card, but that they owed it to the fans (cry me a river, I know) BUT, if that is somehow true, why should they (from a business standpoint) re-release this? However, I thought that these things cost little to actually produce, so if they lost money, you would think Hasbro would flood us with this to make their money back.

Damn the Conundrum or my stupidity.....you decide.

plo koon 200
01-01-2004, 01:13 PM
As to the Epant Mon MIA - a dude from Hasbro told me they lost money on this since it was released on a regular card, but that they owed it to the fans (cry me a river, I know) BUT, if that is somehow true, why should they (from a business standpoint) re-release this? However, I thought that these things cost little to actually produce, so if they lost money, you would think Hasbro would flood us with this to make their money back.

Damn the Conundrum or my stupidity.....you decide.
I could never imagine Hasbro admitting such a thing. Was this a rep stocking up a store or was this someone you saw at a convention. I doubt the reps who come to look at the shelves have a clue as to what is going on in corporate Hasbro.

Turbowars
01-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I could never imagine Hasbro admitting such a thing. Was this a rep stocking up a store or was this someone you saw at a convention. I doubt the reps who come to look at the shelves have a clue as to what is going on in corporate Hasbro.You are 100% correct about the reps. They only know how to open boxes and book end the items on the self. When you see them stocking use caution while asking them a question, you may break their concentration.

JediTricks
01-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Unselling Barris Offee? Heck, I'd kill for this figure (not literally lol) as I haven't found her anywhere.
Sorry to hear you haven't found her, in my area I was seeing her at Kmarts & Targets a lot, so I was really surprised to see her on gold card at Target again.

I gotta agree with PK200 & Turbo about store reps, some are very well meaning but I've never met one that had any inside info at all. And as for some of those convention reps, sometimes it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing and sometimes they have to use reps from different departments so I take that stuff with a grain of salt (like the one rep last year who told Tycho that Action Fleet would be getting mini-figures back, or another rep a few years before who talked about all the new Action Fleet sets only a few weeks before Hasbro publicly cancelled the line). I'm not saying a rep can't be a good source mind you, but I can't always trust their news either.

Silent Chazz
01-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Its alright. I might be getting quite the cash flow at the end of this month or early next month (cash back from Grant for my College tuition), so I'll be able to order some figures online or buy some off people who have extras on here.

Bring on the repacked SA Clonetroopers, Hasbro!

InsaneJediGirl
01-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I hope they release this on a Saga card.The CW line in general is popular in my area,so its been hard finding one(still havent!).Release on a Saga card,the same goes for Stormtroopers,we need the CTC one back on shelves.

Kidhuman
01-02-2004, 01:25 PM
I havent seen Barriss either. Must be one of those things.