PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF? Anakin not the chosen one?

Anakin Palpatine
12-21-2003, 03:01 AM
What if scenario:

What if Anakin was not the chosen one at all? What if Palpatine/Sids was the chosen one? What if the chosen one who was ment to bring the profecy true was a sith? Who will truly bring balance to the force? Anakin who helps Palp/Sid/The Emperor kill off the Jedi down to an even number? Perhaps it is the Sith who has been the cause of it all? Would that be the plot twist everyone seems to be looking for?

I sense an unusual amount of fear, for something as petty as a what if scenario. Sorry couldn't resist!

Pendo
12-21-2003, 04:56 AM
It has been confirmed that Anakin is the chosen one, but I'd rather it have been Luke though. I don't think Palpatine is the chose one, I also don't think "bringing balance to the force" means there only being 2 Jedi and 2 Sith, it means the destruction of the last Sith Lord (from the movies POV) and the end of darkest time for the Galaxy.

In a time of greatest despair there shall come one, a saviour who will bring balance to the force, and he shall be known as the Son of Sons.

I read somewhere a while back that this was the prophecy, and to me it doesn't sound like making 2 Jedi and 2 Sith, it says "In a time of greatest despair there shall come one" but the galaxy wasn't in despair until the Clone Wars started and Anakin turned evil. Anakin killed Palpatine and ended the galaxy's despair.

PENDO!

Beast
12-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Pendo, it's actually the Son of the Suns. And Tatooine has twin suns. Here's all of Lucas' comments regarding Anakin being the chosen one. Sadly the sound bytes seem to be down for the 'Son of the Suns' dealie. :)

"... and in the time of greatest despair,
there shall come a savior, and he shall
be known as The Son of The Suns."

Journal of the Whills, 3:127 - Star Wars: 2nd Draft

Should Anakin have been trained?

"GL: I think it is obvious that he was wrong in Episode 1 and made a dangerous decision, but ultimately this decision may be correct. The Phantom Menace refers to the force of the dark side of the Universe. Anakin will be taken over by dark forces which in turn destroy the balance of the Galaxy, but the individual who kills the Emperor is Darth Vader - also Anakin. The tale meanders and both the prediction, and Qui-Gonn are correct - Anakin is the chosen one, and he did bring peace at last with his own sacrifice. Luke couldn't kill the Emperor himself, but he could make Anakin reflect on his life and kill the Emperor." - CUT magazine interview

"Sam Davatchi's website reports that George Lucas told a reporter for Studio Magazine that Anakin is indeed the one who brings balance to the force. In this interview, Lucas said that Anakin vanquished the Emperor and brought balance to the Force, although he did need help from Luke to do so. In addition, Lucas said that Anakin is the only person who could do that, because he is the only one who had enough power and was close enough to the emperor to destroy him. As pointed out by Cinescape Online, this fits into the following statement made by Lucas in the Making of Episode I book: "The mystery around [the chosen one] theory is that we don't know yet whether the chosen one is a good or bad person. He is to bring balance to the Force; but at this point, we don't know what side of the Force needs to be balanced out." (6/18/99)." - 1. In general, what will the New Trilogy be about?

"The first film starts with the last age of the Republic; which is it's getting tired, old, it's getting corrupt. There's the rise of the Sith, who are now becoming a force, and in the backdrop of this you have Anakin Skywalker: a young boy who's destined to be a very significant player in bringing balance back to the Force and the Republic.

In the second film, we get into more of that turmoil. It's the beginning of the Clone Wars, it's the beginning of the end of democracy in the Replublic, sorta the beginning of the end of the Republic, and it's Anakin Skyalker beginning to deal with some of his more intense emotions of anger, hatred, sense of loss, possessiveness, jealousy, and the other things he's coping with.

Then we will get to the 3rd film, where he is seduced to the dark side, which brings up to films four, five, and six, where Anakin's offspring redeem him allowing him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe.

George Lucas - from the American ANH VHS tape in the making of Episode II in the 2000 release.

"Lucas: The midi-chlorians have brought Anakin into being as 'the chosen one' who brings balance to the universe."

The Making of Episode 1, Random House, 1999.

"Profession: Chosen One"

AOTC DVD: supplementary materials: promotional TV spots: Anakin Skywalker

It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses." - Hayden Christensen

Once all six films are complete, the following will make a nice audio and visual climax. We have determined that that was a statue of the Emperor falling and speculated that he was holding a "Peace Ball", but now that we have SEEN that, what do we hear? When panning over the crowd, you hear 2 people shouting something. One is undecipherable, the other is someone shouting "The son of suns, The son of suns!" Speculation at the time was that they were referring to Anakin and that he had saved the universe as some sort of prophet, and at the time, all we could do is wait and see if it would be explained...

Well, in some ways, the wait is over. At the end of The Phantom Menace in the parade scene, right after the ships fly over the parade, you hear it again. - Not someone else shouting "The son of suns, The son of suns!" but the same person, the same 5 second sound, tone, etc... it is the same sound byte, listen:"The Son of Suns" from ROTJ and The Son of Suns" from TPM - TF.n
http://www.theforce.net/episode1/newspics/son_of_suns_roj.wav
http://www.theforce.net/episode1/newspics/son_of_sons.wav

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
12-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all of the overwhelming information JJB. I know it took some time to prepare that post. I have trying to convince many users on this board that Anakin is the chosen one (not Luke). Thanks for the evidence.

Beast
12-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Actually I found all this posted a long time ago on HTF.com, and decided to save it for the next time the 'Chosen One' debates started up. I'm glad I did, it was helpful. So I can't take full credit, I'm just really obsessive about saving info. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Anakin Palpatine
12-22-2003, 04:50 AM
Now that's how you reply, THAT'S HOW YOU REPLY!!! From now on that's how you reply. Sorry I had to, I just watched Bad Boys 2. Thanks So much for filling in all those pot holes in my what if question Jar Jar. You just made my whole day. Thanks again!!!:)

angellus
01-26-2004, 04:07 PM
In a perfect world--one where Star Wars still borrowed from myth and didn't focus on pretty pictures--Luke WOULD be the chosen one. It should be like the legend of King Arthur; Merlin thought Lancelot would be the greatest of the knights, but it ended up being his son, Galahad. In other words, Qui-Gon thought Anakin was the chosen one, but it ends up being his son. One more reason why the prequels are forgettable.

Beast
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
In a perfect world--one where Star Wars still borrowed from myth and didn't focus on pretty pictures--Luke WOULD be the chosen one. It should be like the legend of King Arthur; Merlin thought Lancelot would be the greatest of the knights, but it ended up being his son, Galahad. In other words, Qui-Gon thought Anakin was the chosen one, but it ends up being his son. One more reason why the prequels are forgettable.
That's a ridiculous argument to trash the prequels. Just because Star Wars is based on Myths, Legends, and Movie Serials, doesn't mean it has to follow ever rule of myth and legend. And there are other stories beyond arthurian legends, where redemption is a central aspect of the tale. Yes, Luke is powerful. But he was going to die at the Emperor's hands in Return of the Jedi. The man that destroys Darth Sidious is Anakin Skywalker. Who regained his humanity thanks to his son. He did what he was destined to do. Bring balance to the force, with the death of Emperor Palpatine. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks