PDA

View Full Version : Animation-styled Anakin Skywalker

JEDIpartner
12-22-2003, 11:04 AM
I just found this one on Saturday and it's not a bad little figure. There isn't a whole lot of articulation but I didn't expect it to have much. It's a collector's piece more than a kid's toy.

The overall look of the figure is pretty good. I think they could have done the face a little better. His mouth is a bit close to his nose and he doesn't have that handsome and heroic look he had in the cartoon. It's not bad, though. He is jointed at the shoulders, head, waist and where his cybernetic arm is attached to his sleeve.

The lightsaber blade is the same colour as the standard figure's but the handle is painted a very light blue-grey and has a small amount of black detailing.

The stand is quite cool and I think I would like to see these packed in with all of the figures. They are rather low-profile and not cluttered looking. A detailed that I missed, as I'm sure many others have missed, is that the "Clone Wars" logo appears under the main "SW" logo.

I'm not going to rate this one as I only have this one and Mace. I haven't opened Mace yet... but he looks pretty decent. I will hold off rating this one until I have Asajj and Obi-Wan... I'd like to draw a fair comparison as there is no precedent to draw from.