PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Toys R Us 2004 Jedi Council Sets & Basic Wave 6: The Battle of Endor Wave.

Battle Droid
12-22-2003, 01:38 PM
From, Star Wars Insider #73.

The Jedi Council sets will continue at ToysRus so we'll have the entire Council Scene, including the center piece.

The first set will include Yoda, Qui-Gon-Jinn, and Ki-Adi Mundi.

Basic Wave 6: The Battle of Endor Wave

Han Solo as AT-ST Driver.
General Madine.
General Lando Calrissian.

JEDIpartner
12-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Nice information!

CrossWizard
12-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Han Solo as AT-ST Driver

What the heck? Would this be a Han Solo figure with an imperial AT-ST driver outfit and helmet, or just another Endor Han? I'm confused.

JEDIpartner
12-22-2003, 02:14 PM
I personally don't care about that one... LOL

I'M interested in the continuation of the Jedi Council sets!! YEA!!!! :classic:

Beast
12-22-2003, 02:28 PM
Sounds good. Bit worried about the Han Solo though. Since it's Han Solo: AT-ST Driver, it might not come with his Trenchcoat. And it would suck if it has the helmet/gloves permanently sculpted on. I guess we'll have to wait and see, when pictures surface. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 02:44 PM
I was quite ticked off that the Mynock Hunt Chewie's breath mask was sculpted on. If Hasbro makes yet another plastic trenchcoat Han Solo with a sculpted on AT-ST Driver helmet, I will be exceedingly annoyed. Just another example of this scene-specific crap going waaaay too far.

Beast
12-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Actually Big B, If they make him movie correct he wouldn't be wearing the Trenchcoat. Han doesn't wear the coat at all during the actual raid on the bunker. So if it's Han Solo: AT-ST Driver, it could possibly come with no trenchcoat. Hopefully Hasbro does the best of both worlds, with a removable coat, helmet, and interchangable gloved and ungolved hands. Because I don't think he actually put the full uniform on for the deception. Just the helmet and gloves. I may even be wrong about the gloves, but I'm pretty sure he did. I need to check the movie again. ;) :D

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Actually Big B, If they make him movie correct he wouldn't be wearing the Trenchcoat. Han doesn't wear the coat at all during the actual raid on the bunker. So if it's Han Solo: AT-ST Driver, it could possibly come with no trenchcoat. Hopefully Hasbro does the best of both worlds, with a removable coat, helmet, and interchangable gloved and ungolved hands. Because I don't think he actually put the full uniform on for the deception. Just the helmet and gloves. I may even be wrong about the gloves, but I'm pretty sure he did. I need to check the movie again. ;) :D

MTBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You're right about the trenchcoat, but Hasbro did include a cape with the Bespin Escape Lando when he didn't wear it at all while actually escaping Bespin (it fell off when Chewie was strangling him).

But, accurate to the scene or not, including a removable cloth trenchcoat would be a great idea. Add to that a removable AT-ST Driver helmet and maybe interchangeable hands for the gloves, then you would have the perfect all-purpose Endor Han (and the last one that would ever need to be made).

jjreason
12-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Call me pessimistic, but I can very easily see Hasbro cranking out an ATST driver body with a Han head planted on it. Create one removalbe ATST Driver Helmet (which they already have the mold for as they created one for the accessory set Xylophone) and you've got one cheap to creat, 100% rehashed "Han ATST Driver" figure for all of us suckers to spend money on.

Sorry. Im sure it will be a great figure. Can't wait. :neutral:

TheDarthVader
12-22-2003, 03:42 PM
A General Madine confirmed! A new General Lando! An AT-ST Driver Han???? Oh well, two out of three isn't bad. Can't wait to get the jedi council scenes with the highly coveted CENTER PIECE !!!! Yes, I am being sincere.

Beast
12-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Well, regardless of how they do Han. The other announcements are good. Lando Calrissian: General is a much needed resculpt. Since the original was one of the very last figures to be mega-buffed. Long after most of the other figures had stopped being that way. And General Madine puts an end to the rumor that there was something preventing Hasbro from making him. I knew it was bull, but this is good confirmation. And the Jedi Set is gravy, since we'll get the middle of the floor also. Yay. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2003, 06:57 PM
This is all great news, especially about the Jedi. Now that they're making a Yoda, maybe they can sculpt him the right size and have him sit in his chair like he actually does in the movies. Probably not, as Yaddle is sitting crappily, but I can always hope. Also nice to know we're getting another Qui-Gon, so we'll also probably get another Obi-Wan and Anakin (TPM). And they can be neutral, but with good sculpts (unlike the Naboo figures from 1999). Generals Madine and Lando are welcome, but what's up with Han? I didn't even know that was Han in that scene until a few months ago. Just slap the helmet from the accessory set on a Han and you're good to go.

I hope this isn't the entire/only Endor wave though - where's the Ewoks???

Beast
12-22-2003, 07:09 PM
There's rumored to be an Ultra Ewok 2-Pack w/ Capapult. So that's 2 Ewoks. I'm still hoping to hear there will be a regular carded Ewok 2-Pack as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
12-22-2003, 08:07 PM
The Han looks to be the Imperial Officer figure outfit, painted to look like an AT-ST driver's outfit, with a Han head (can't tell if it's new head or not) and a removable helmet.

Beast
12-22-2003, 08:16 PM
There's a picture of the Han? Well, that poo-poos that idea. But it is movie accurate. When Han appears on the screen, he's wearing the full uniform. Because you can see the collar to uniform. Still wanna know how he got out of it so fast, unless it took 10-15 minutes for the 2 squads to be gathered and sent out of the Bunker's back door. Ah well, it's one more variant that needed to be done. Hopefully we'll still get a new Han: Endor, Leia: Endor, and Luke: Endor one of these years. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-22-2003, 08:28 PM
The Han looks to be the Imperial Officer figure outfit, painted to look like an AT-ST driver's outfit, with a Han head (can't tell if it's new head or not) and a removable helmet.Where's the picture???

Beast
12-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Well, it's against copyright laws for him to post it. Steve's said it before, so he probably shouldn't. Even if he can scan or take a picture and post it. We don't need the LFL/Hasbro machine coming after Steverino. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-22-2003, 08:40 PM
So it's at Hasbro site or the Insider? I didn't see it, did you?

Beast
12-22-2003, 08:44 PM
It's in Issue #73 of the Insider. But I'm sure pictures will turn up sooner or later. I'm not expecting much. I assume we'll basically get the AT-ST Driver (Imperial Officer) sculpt from the Imperial Forces 4-Pack. With a Han Solo head and removable Helmet. They may actually newly sculpt some of it, but honestly the 4-pack body is perfect for Imperials like this in the Jumpsuit Uniforms, not the Tunic ones. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
12-23-2003, 11:51 AM
I can't wait to get my Insider. Do they have any other toy pics?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Can you describe the other pics? I want to know:
*Does Lando have a cape? Knee articulation?
*What does Madine look like?
*How are the sculpts in the Jedi set? Is Yoda sitting correctly?

Battle Droid
12-23-2003, 12:15 PM
There was only a pic of Han. They said the pics will be on Hasbro's site next month.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2003, 12:32 PM
There was only a pic of Han. They said the pics will be on Hasbro's site next month.
Right then. Thanks anyway.

skeeziks22
12-23-2003, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=bigbarada]You're right about the trenchcoat, but Hasbro did include a cape with the Bespin Escape Lando when he didn't wear it at all while actually escaping Bespin (it fell off when Chewie was strangling him).

Hasbro is good at adding things that never made the film... or were never even shot as part of the scene. How about Dooku with anakin's saber... cut form the movie. I personally have been wondering when they'd ake the Han in AT-ST helmet myslef... hope it's good. Jedi council scenes are greta... but way too expensive.

I've a question about the Holo Luke if anyone knows the answer... is it to scale? Meaning will it be 4 3/4 inches tall... the holo was huge in the movie. Also, it is listed as coming with a saber... why? and is it also coming with a cloak? I think if anytyhing it should come with some sort of projection attachment that you can hook to artoo's dome.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-23-2003, 07:03 PM
What the heck? Would this be a Han Solo figure with an imperial AT-ST driver outfit and helmet, or just another Endor Han? I'm confused.

It's actually a repack of the AT-ST driver from the Imperial Trooper TRU exclusive. However Hasbro has taped a piece of paper to the back of each 'Han' figure saying "I'm Han Solo...Kick Me."

;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2003, 08:03 PM
I've a question about the Holo Luke if anyone knows the answer... is it to scale? Meaning will it be 4 3/4 inches tall... the holo was huge in the movie. Also, it is listed as coming with a saber... why? and is it also coming with a cloak? I think if anytyhing it should come with some sort of projection attachment that you can hook to artoo's dome.
I'm pretty sure he's the same size as the rest of the figures. It looks to me that the Holograph was projected at a 45 degree angle upwards, but I could be wrong. He has a saber (don't know why) and a base, but no cloak.

SirSteve
12-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, it's against copyright laws for him to post it. Steve's said it before, so he probably shouldn't. Even if he can scan or take a picture and post it. We don't need the LFL/Hasbro machine coming after Steverino. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
We cannot take responsibility for other peoples actions (which you agreed to when you registered) so if it gets posted.......... :rolleyes:

but I would have to remove it if we are asked to.

Beast
12-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Ah, ok. Well. I know that there was some worry that LFL would go after you guys over the Hyperspace dealie. And I know you've been asked to remove pictures from threads before. But ok, that makes sense. So, Battle Droid.... go ahead and post it. And then we'll see if they decide to demand it be taken down. Which is still LFL/Hasbro coming after you to have you remove it. So what I said was true, from a certain point of view. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-23-2003, 10:45 PM
We cannot take responsibility for other peoples actions (which you agreed to when you registered) so if it gets posted.......... :rolleyes:

but I would have to remove it if we are asked to.POST IT, POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazed: :classic: Just let us know when you do.;)

plo koon 200
12-24-2003, 09:06 PM
I don't see what the big deal is of posting pics of toys when later on the websites will show carded, loose, and prototype pics. Sometimes the websites even beat out Hasbro.

Beast
12-24-2003, 09:13 PM
The big deal is the fact that it's posting a copywritten image from a magazine. In the internet age, it's hard for magazines to beat out on-line for scoops. Since they have to be printed and published far ahead of time. So typically those magazines try to work out deals for an exclusive window where the picture won't officially be able on-line. This happened with the Ultra Jabba in the last Insider. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-25-2003, 03:04 AM
Realizing something COOL about new Jedi Council sets.

We might get really cool figures of EPISODE 2 (TWO) Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Watch the reasoning:

Existing Jedi Council Sets

Mace SEATED
Even Piel
Oppo Rancisis SEATED

Yarael Poof SEATED
Deppa Billaba
Yaddle SEATED

New Set Announced

Yoda SEATED
Qui-Gon Jinn
Ki-Adi Mundi SEATED

--------------------------

Jedi who are left to come with Anakin and Obi-Wan were all alive in Episode 2:

Eeth Koth SEATED
Obi-Wan Kenobi EPISODE TWO with cloak - would be awesome!
Plo Koon SEATED - sit opposite sides of the entry way into the chamber.

Adi Gallia SEATED (and a Jedi pilot)
Anakin Skywalker (another Jedi pilot) from EPISODE TWO with normal cloak! - too cool
SaeSee Tiin SEATED (still another Jedi pilot)

This is what they should do.

Now also note: Even Piel and Depa Billaba were not made sitting down.
Episode Two also would have Coleman Trebor and Shaak-Ti sitting down.

These figures could come with Anakin and Obi-Wan from E2 as well, the others coming with Episode ONE Anakin and Obi-Wan (unfortunately).

Either way it looks like we'd get 5 more JC sets.

3) Yoda, Ki, Qui-Gon CENTER
4) Eeth, Plo, Obi-Wan
5) Adi, SaeSee, Anakin
6) Shaak, Coleman, Anakin
7) Even, Depa, Obi-Wan

Since it WILL take 6 side pieces, plus a center piece to make a full circle.

Lot of repeated figures, too. Huh? SaeSee Tiin's 4th incarnation... :rolleyes:

LTBasker
12-25-2003, 03:11 AM
3) Yoda, Ki, Qui-Gon CENTER
4) Eeth, Plo, Obi-Wan
5) Adi, SaeSee, Anakin
6) Shaak, Coleman, Anakin
7) Even, Depa, Obi-Wan

Lot of repeated figures, too. Huh? SaeSee Tiin's 4th incarnation... :rolleyes:

4th incarnation since what...'99? That's only one incarnation per year, and they get better each time. Well actually since this will be in 2004, that'll be 5 years, so it's just short one for every year. That's pretty good. :D

This could be really interesting, they just need to start packing in lightsabers. I wonder how many people have bought'em thinking they'll be like the army builder 3-pack only to find no lightsabers.

Tycho
12-25-2003, 01:18 PM
I agree about the lightsabers. They are also trying to include Main Characters (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Anakin) in hopes of boosting sales and keeping these characters available somehow (in the face of an almost total Classic Star Wars assortment year).

I am disappointed in that I could use

8-9 AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobis with cloaks on (relaxed pose) like the E1 Naboo versions of the lead Jedi

8-9 AOTC Anakin Skywalker versiosn with a relaxed (normal hanging) cloak on, and no wild expression on the character. The Secret Ceremony Anakin was nearly perfect. I suggest they just re-release this figure, changing his right arm to be normal, before his injury, and give him a new Jedi cloak.

But I will not buy 8-9 $20 Jedi Council sets to get them.

At the most, I'll probably buy 2 of each of these Jedi Council sets I predict they'll have to make to create a full Jedi Council Chamber.

Anyway, hopefully, if they are looking at the Jedi scene packs they already started, they'll do 1 more Geonosian War Room sceen with the Other Niemoidian, Quarren Senator Tiikes (Sep-MonCal), and Tonbuck Toora. I could use about 4 of those for Senate scenes, the Arena balcony, and War Room scenes respectively.

But darn it, the ultimate versions of AOTC Anakin and Obi-Wan have to be put on a card. I KNEW they were going to make every conceivable sculpt no one would buy if we had good figures of the leads:

Anakin:

Peasant Disguise - ok, executed poorly, but necessary. A resculpt might even be welcomed.

Hanger Duel - great figure. Perfect for what we needed, except action featured, versus super-articulated, which would have been better.

Tatooine Attack - eh...it's cool and it kept Anakin out there when HD sold out.

Secret Ceremony - almost perfect. The robot hand was not interchangeable, and the cloak pre-posed.

Owen's Speederbike - pathetic. His face is a bad "Need Exlax?" Commercial.

Clone Wars Jedi Pilot - OK, well if there aren't any other Anakin's readily available. Kids won't know the difference, and the pilot gear was a logical choice, even if it was EU.

Cartoon figure - doesn't apply.

BUT SAESEE TIIN IS A NON-SPEAKING BACKGROUND CHARACTER AND DOESN'T NEED TO BE CATCHING UP TO ANAKIN FOR RESCULPTS! (4-6 presently!)

Obi-Wan Kenobi:

Coruscant Chase - good figure. A little limiting in articulation, but nice to hang from the droid.

Jedi Pilot - softgoods was necessary for the Jedi Starfighter, but they way-oversized his cloak, and a good sculpted version was still desired.

Acklay Attack - totally unnecessary this early, you'd figure I guess. The spear was a cool accessory and it kind of went with the Arena Playset, but the action feature was very poorly (and obscenely) executed.

Club Outlander - while others are impressed with this figure, I think the lightsaber hilt should have been detachable from his sculpt, like the Naboo versions of the E1 figures. The bar is a great accessory and nice to see them pay attention to Club Outlander so soon, as they took years to really dig deep into the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Clone Wars - gets him out there again, and respects Kenobi for this line, but had the Outlander figure come with a lightsaber, it wouldn't have been necessary. But you know they thought they could sell another Kenobi by including the bar section, so they made this one necessary for new collectors and kids by including the lightsaber and some armor. How about a Jedi robe still?

Cartoon Figure - does not apply. So that's 5 figures for Obi-Wan.

Oh - I didn't count the Deluxe :rolleyes:

Flipping Obi-Wan
Flipping Anakin
Slicing Anakin
Kamino Obi-Wan (finally a respectable wet-look for Obi-Wan, and a cloak - but not too poseable. The only respectable Deluxe figure really, from this list).

Darth_Billy_Jack
12-26-2003, 01:33 PM
i wonder if the ATST Han will have a removeable helmet with a chin strap like the gold leader and capt. antilles figures? while i dont really think we need a han ATST, ill probably end up getting a few for army building purposes, as the TRU 4 pack was never really plentiful around here.
also if Gen. Madine is now confirmed, im picking up another Gen Reikian for head swapping purposes.
BTW, i think the outlander club obi was the best bearded obi-wan so far..(unless you count the one i made w/ clone wars obi's head and pilot obi's body).. i just took an exacto knife to his lightsaber hilt, and viola.

Tycho
12-26-2003, 01:53 PM
I don't think (Out of Snow Gear) General Madine and General Rieekan wear the same uniforms. Your custom idea may be unwarranted.

The Rebel Alliance was made up out of the local military from all the rebelling systems.

General Rieekan was Alderaanian. As a command officer, he'd wear a uniform similar to Captain Antilles.

Their soldiers traditionally wore the uniforms like the Rebel Fleet Troopers (Tantive IV Defenders).

General Madine was Corellian. An Imperial military commander that oversaw the Diktat of Corellia, after the Battle of Yavin, while Corellia tried to officially play a neutral role, a lot of its highest officials were conspirators in the Rebel Alliance, including Garm Bel Ibis, who with Mon Mothma (of Chandrilla) and Bail Organa (of Alderaan) formed the Alliance in the first place. But the worlds remained carefully benign after the Empire showed its resolve with the Death Star at Alderaan.

In any case, Madine wears the Corellian uniform. When command of the Endor mission falls to newly promoted General Han Solo, also a Corellian, Princess Leia wears a Corellian uniform to show her solidarity with other Alliance troops, and her respect (and love) for her Corellian commander (Han).

In any case, if you want to make an accurate figure of General Rieekan OUT OF SNOW GEAR, use Captian Antilles' body for your headswap.

Darth_Billy_Jack
12-27-2003, 01:59 AM
i seem to remember the SW technical commentaries haveing a section on the Rebel uniforms,noting the difference between "alderaanian" and "corelian" uniforms, but i can no longer find the section dealing w/ the corelian uniforms.
anyway, i wonder if the differences in uniforms are really as indicitive of the homeworld of the units as the technicla commentaries make them out to be... i havent seen any official word about such things...
Bob Hudsol and Gen. Dodonna both wear uniforms similar to Capt. Antilles. No homeworld is given for Dodonna, but several sources list Hudsol as being Corellian. What about Lando? His uniform is the same as Hans and i dont think hes corellian. None of the other officers in the ROTJ briefing have a non-corellian uniform on, which it self is suspect with Mon Mothma in attendance, you'd think at least some of the officers would be chandrillan. I always figured that the difference in uniforms between ANH and ROTJ were due to changes in what the rebels were issuing as a standard uniform or perhaps a difference in the branch of service we were dealing with. but there are tons of weird things about the rebel forces in the movies. Such as the bizare lack of regard for Naval or Army ranks. consider the cut scene with General Madine commanding a MonCal cruiser..
Im neither agreeing or disagreeing with you Tycho. i just dont have all the facts on this one. But if the uniforms are indicative of the homeworld of the wearer, i dont think that leia is wearing a corellian uniform for hans sake, since he is wearing no uniform at all! if she is indeed among corellian military units she is no doubt wearing it because she had to draw some sort of uniform from the ships stores and that was what was available. she cant very well attend the briefing in her gold bikini.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Anyway . . .

I got my Insider today. Han comes with the same base as everyone else nowadays, an Imperial blaster, and what looks like a removable helmet. His face sculpt is okay, but not great. I think his body is a little different than the one from the Imperial Forces 4-pack, well maybe just the arms, but it's hard to tell.

Also, it had a picture of the glass set with old Obi-Wan, the same pic from the Internet. No pic of Maul, though it said there'll be some glasses from each of the five current movies.

Beast
12-27-2003, 08:39 PM
There's a thread up now, with the picture in. There is some changes to the sculpt. Mainly the left arm and legs. But it seems the main body and right arm are the same. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22553

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks