PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyer Wave Pics

A.J.
12-22-2003, 03:07 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.990/dn/default.cfm

I think they all look very good.

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Strangely enough, Bossk is the only one I'm really excited about. The POTF2 version was awesome, but it's nice to see a new and improved version that doesn't look dated standing next to the most recent waves of figures.

Dengar looks cool, I know my brother will love that one. Isn't there a rumor about 4-LOM and Zuckuss getting updated figures? That will round out the "perfect" versions of the bounty hunters.

Admiral Ozzel looks cool, but I hope that, since we are getting improved versions of POTF2 figures, we will see a new version of Grand Moff Tarkin really soon.

Beast
12-22-2003, 03:19 PM
My thoughts -

Admiral Ozzel - Looks pretty good. I don't like the 'Strangle' pose of the left hand. But other then that, he's an excellent looking figure. See, this is how all the future Imperial Officers should be done. Can't wait to add him to my collection.

Dengar - Wow, just wow. The first one wasn't that bad, but this version is just beautiful. Well, as beautiful as the worse Bounty Hunter design in the entire Saga can be. I wish they would have shown us a good picture of his back tough.

Bossk - Very nice. While at first glance, it doesn't look super improved from the original, he is. It looks like they used the Bo Shek body as a basis, which I suggested they do a long time ago. Bring em on, Hasbro. This one is definatly mine also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Big B. 4-Lom and Zuckess were rumored. But I think they'll probably wait on them until a different year. After all, they can't do everyone at once. And after looking at the old Bossk figure again, I must have been smoking crack when I said at first glance he didn't look like a super improvement. Heh. I guess I forgot how lackluster the old Bossk is compared to the new figures. Man, this Bossk is sweeeeeeeeeeet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
12-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Yeah, Big B. 4-Lom and Zuckess were rumored. But I think they'll probably wait on them until a different year. After all, they can't do everyone at once. And after looking at the old Bossk figure again, I must have been smoking crack when I said at first glance he didn't look like a super improvement. Heh. I guess I forgot how lackluster the old Bossk is compared to the new figures. Man, this Bossk is sweeeeeeeeeeet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I've counted about ten, maybe twelve, points of articulation on the new Bossk. 1-2 shoulders; 3-4 hips: 5 neck; 6 waist; 7-8 elbows; 9-10 wrists (more like upper arms); 11-12 knees (can't really tell from the photos, it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me though).

Beast
12-22-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't think he has knee joints, I think that's a fold in his flight suit. But I bet his feet are articulated where they meet the legs of his suit. Either way, he's a sweet figure. All three of them are, man this is gonna be a painful wait til we see Wave 6 now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
12-22-2003, 05:30 PM
They all look very nice to me. The Bossk is a big improvement over the old Bossk. The Admiral Ozzel figure is a figure I have wanted for years. The Dengar is sweet and I am hoping that his backpack is removable. Thanks for posting the link! Nice figures!!!!!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2003, 05:38 PM
These are all very nice! But, why the hell do they keep giving figures these black bases? I guess it works for Ozzel, since he's on the Star Destroyer which has a black floor, but still. Dengar's probably my favorite out of the three. :)

Old Fossil
12-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Dengar's probably my favorite out of the three. :)

Mine, too! I like 'em all, but Dengar... dang, never thought I'd be excited about a figure of him. 2004 is going to be a Golden Year for Star Wars collecting!!!

kool-aid killer
12-22-2003, 07:14 PM
Dengar and Bossk look sweet but im a bit upset. From reading rumor lists and seeing these pictures it seems like Hasbro is going to remake all of its previously released figures. While they look better without a doubt, i cant help but feel somewhat ****** that im going to be buying the same character again when there are so many we have yet to see in plastic.

Turbowars
12-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Love all 3. A big thumbs up for Hasbro. They can remake every single figure if they look this good.

Beast
12-22-2003, 07:31 PM
There's really not that many characters left that will actually sell. They have to include re-sculpts of past figures in the same assortments, since there's a bigger chance that someone who isn't a dedicated collector will want a Han over an Ozzel. Etc. So we'll always see resculpts of more recognizable figures, they're Hasbro's bread and butter. Even if we prefer something a bit more obscure in our fare. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
12-22-2003, 07:34 PM
Nice...

When I first read about a new Bossk last month I was a bit ticked off, I didn't think we needed one. Little did I know they had in store for us, wow!

Admiral Ozzel looks great. It'll be nice to have an ESB Dengar. Rock on!

Turambar
12-22-2003, 08:48 PM
I can't download the full pic of Bossk, but from the half one he looks about the same as the old versions. Someone tell me this: Is his right arm still bent to hold his rifle?!! ARRRGGGHH. Why can't they get it right. He's a LEFTY!

The other two look great, though. That Dengar is most excellent.

Beast
12-22-2003, 09:07 PM
He's about as 'Same as the old one' as the 1995 He-Man Luke is the same as the Commtech Luke. And both arms have multiple articulation points. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
12-22-2003, 10:38 PM
They all look great, and Dengar and Bossk are definitely improvements over the original sculpts, but I'd still rather see characters that haven't been made before. Does anyone know what the ratio is with upcoming releases of new sculpts vs original characters? With a new Lando General and yet another Yoda, Qui-Gon and Ki-Adi Mundi (though it will be nice to have them sitting and with their chairs) on the horizon plus all the recent Lukes, Vaders and even the Snowtrooper, I feel like we're all taking two steps forward and one step back on making progress through our wish lists.

When TPM came out, I calculated, very roughly, how long it would take to get through all the must have characters in the six films before Hasbro was reduced to making Bea Arthur from the SW Holiday Special. Let's put it this way. My daughter is almost five years old now. By my then calculations, she'd be finished with college by the time everything got made. With all these resculpts, we'll have probably be buying most of the characters again before we get all the first time sculpts done, and my daughter will be in her 50s.

I'd be perfectly happy if they could actually get the likenesses of Luke, Anakin, and Obi-Wan (McGregor and Guiness) down like they finally did with the comm-tech Han.

plasticfetish
12-23-2003, 12:43 AM
With all these resculpts, we'll have probably be buying most of the characters again before we get all the first time sculpts done, and my daughter will be in her 50s.
See ... good, it'll give you something to do in the old age home. You can sit there and marvel at how you finally got everything you wanted ... just before you keel over.
-----
Ozzel looks pretty good. I mean, the figure looks good ... Ozzel himself is kind of weird looking. Not much to say about him, they really nailed that mustache and all. (Hey! How's about a re-release of Piett now Hasbro, or Motti for that matter?)

I didn't think I was gonna care about the Dengar and Bossk figures, but they're great looking. Dengar has always been a kind of necessary evil on my shelf. This new one is so good, it almost makes Dengar a cool toy.

Bossk is really nice looking also. I see a lot of articulation there, I hope the final product is as tight and well painted looking as these.

RussUAE
12-23-2003, 02:47 AM
All the other Hasbro annoucements have given an indcation of what is in the next wave. I guess these waves ae a long time off yet though

Jayspawn
12-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Dengar and Bossk look neat. I really like the POFT2 versions just fine so I'm not really excited about these new ones. But they look good just the same.

Ozzel looks great! I don't mind the choaking arm because you can move it out of the way. We need more Officers!

Bring it on Hasbro!!!

plo koon 200
12-23-2003, 10:26 AM
This typing thing finally works. I'm glad to see Ozzel. I think he looks as good as any old guy should look. Bossk is amazing. Two thumbs up.

JEDIpartner
12-23-2003, 01:39 PM
I was really afraid that the new Bossk and Dengar were going to be complete cack. I didn't have too much concern about Ozzel. After they got Rieekan to look right, I had no doubts about Ozzel. Good job again, boys. 2004 will be a nice year!!

AmanaMatt
12-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Cack?

Ozzel seems very nice - I will have him and Motti figting to the death somehow when this comes out. I want a new Tarkin now.

Bossk - well, in some ways, this new fig really points out how good the POTF2 really was. However, with seriously improved articulation and a far superior (and scaled) gun, this will go in my collection without question. Yes, this new one is still a righty - frankly, the detail is there and improved, but the pose is totally identical to the POTF2 one- no change there at all. That is not really a bad thing, but they do look quite similar (to me).

Dengar - this is really the one I was most anticipating. Near perfect - from face (with nicely detailed scar) to excellent articulation - the shoulders do seem ball jointed and I would be suprised if one or both wrists lacked articulation. Finally, he has a backpack though it would be nice to see in the Hasbro pic. This shames the POTF2 one - hell, he is melting in my pot as we speak - a holster would have been nice, however, I still give this one an 'A' - he now looks like a guy with armor over a suit; the paint detail on it and the chest are truly awsome - this is the one I really am looking forward to now. After seeing this, a new 4-LOM is completely needed - heck, just modify the R-3PO and they are set. Zuckuss is still perfect to me.

Beast
12-23-2003, 02:06 PM
All the other Hasbro annoucements have given an indcation of what is in the next wave. I guess these waves ae a long time off yet though
I assume the next wave, is the Wave that's mentioned in the Insider. #6 - The Battle of Endor Wave. Which includes Han Solo: AT-ST Driver, General Lando Calrissian, and General Crix Madine. And probably the rumored Deluxe Ewok 2-Pack w/ Catapult. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
12-23-2003, 02:39 PM
Is that a backpack I see? Why, yes it is. I'm sold. :happy:

Edit: Okay, who done did stoled the ":happy:" smiley? :mad::Pirate:

Turambar
12-23-2003, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Amanamatt]Yes, this new one is still a righty - frankly, the detail is there and improved, but the pose is totally identical to the POTF2 one- no change there at all. QUOTE]

NOOOOO!!! Why hasbro? why?!
Oh well. I still can't get a picture of him without getting an error screen. maybe with the articulation I'll be able to pose him accurately as he stands on Vader's ship.

Tycho
12-23-2003, 10:25 PM
LOL. A long time ago we were worried that they'd never make Ozzel or Needa, now we are worried who is right and left handed. Don't get me wrong:Hasbro should get that stuff right. It's obvious from watching the film and reviewing any pictures of the character. Oh well. It just seems like there's always something.

I really wanted to chime in about Imperial Officers.

Did you know Admiral Ozzel was a short guy?

Yeah, he was like a tyrannical little Hitler with a Napoleon complex. I hope his figure allows for his height variance so that he's smaller than Tarken, Piett, Motti, or Needa.

Anyway Imperial Officers:

Grand Moff Tarken - I love his figure. Was so glad to have him when they first made him in 97. The head sculpt would be hard to get better. I don't care that much if they do the "new improved uniform" that Motti sports or not. I don't need more Tarken figures, but I won't begrudge you your wish.

Admiral Motti - they should re-release him just for those of you who never found him. I don't know if that's a lot of people, or if my idea would cause pegwarming. I found him several times, but only bought him once.

General Tagge - I would buy him if they made him. He's not my first choice, nor do I care if they EVER make him, really. See I'd like a few green-grey regular generic Imperial Officers made with head sculpt alternates for Imperial parade line-ups and so forth. Tagge's too scene specific, so I wouldn't use him that way in my dioramas.

Colonel Wulf Yalaren - I could care less if they made this guy. White uniforms weren't seen in lineups, and if they want to do whities, Grand Admiral Thrawn could use a nice resculpt with a harness backpack for his ysalarmi.

Chief Bast - Yeah, they could do him. He's the guy the 12" Imperial Officer is based on, even though Moff Jerjerrod appears on the package.

Generic Imperial Officers in grey uniforms - with alternate heads. Please Hasbro, this is what I really want.

General Veers - with detachable Hoth gear, so I can have him as an officer as he appeared before Vader's meditation chamber, or in armor, as he was on the AT-AT. A helmet, sculpted out inside to fit over his hat could work, or a removeable hat like the Bespin Guard's would work. I'm really a fan of General Veers, so this is where I care.

Captain Lennox - got his star destroyer hit by Echo Base's Ion cannons. I could care less, but I'd use him as a generic Imperial Officer. Just think I'd prefer a lower rank than a captain.

Captain Needa - again, I could care less, and on top of it, again rank-wise, he's difficult to use as a generic officer, because he's a captain. However, with appologies from Captain Needa, Hasbro looks like they're releasing this one.

Admiral Ozzel - Wonder if he'll be short enough, might make an awesome custom for Admiral Gilliard Palleon! I'll be looking for the right head. Palleon didn't look too different from Ozzel. Maybe whiter hair, a little older, a larger mustache. People with sculpy skills can just use Ozzel's head as the base for Palleon. Ozzel himself doesn't really need a figure in my book, but the different height - if they note that - might be cool to use for variants in generic Imperial Officers who are NOT clones.

Admiral Piett - A re-release or a resculpt with Motti's style tunic could be fine. I have 2 Piett's - all I desire though. I really liked his character though. Besides Palleon, Thrawn, and Veers, he's my favorite Imperial Officer. As long as he doesn't pegwarm - and there's a little room to improve on the face sculpt.

Moff Jerjerrod - I really want him. If only because I reserved a place for him in one of my dioramas. They should make Moff or Commander Jerjerrod.

Black uniformed higher ranked officers - not the jumpsuit guys they did, but the stiff uniforms like the vintage. I don't know if I'd buy them, since I filled every place for them between the 3 head sculpts for the jumpsuit dude, but it'd be nice for you guys who are so particular. They could just repaint another officer's uniform.

Anyway, I probably got more to say, but I also got hungry. Later.

JON9000
12-24-2003, 01:30 AM
I love OT figures done well. I love these guys. Now, if they could only actually make it to Tallahassee for once

badtaste
12-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Bossk has his gun in his wrong hand, he should have got it in his left hand accourding to the movie

Jargo
12-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Well for some reason the coding at the hasbro site won't let me load up the pics at all so for some of you you're spared my thoughts on this wave. However if anyone saved them and feels charitable could i ask you a favour and ask if you could send them to jargoboy@hotmail.com ? Thanks muchly. :)

Jargo
12-24-2003, 02:29 PM
Oh, and Cack (or Kak, Kack etc.) means poo/bad. A derivative of Caca/kaka or Khaki which mean respectively a big poo and browny green and poopy looking. Or at a stretch just not very good looking at all and somewhat lacking in the required level of coolness one would hope to see.

Turbowars
12-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Well for some reason the coding at the hasbro site won't let me load up the pics at all so for some of you you're spared my thoughts on this wave. However if anyone saved them and feels charitable could i ask you a favour and ask if you could send them to jargoboy@hotmail.com ? Thanks muchly. :)You got mail!!

badtaste
12-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Oh, and Cack (or Kak, Kack etc.) means poo/bad. A derivative of Caca/kaka or Khaki which mean respectively a big poo and browny green and poopy looking.

Your right! It's Dutch and you spell it like 'kak'.

AmanaMatt
12-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Oh, and Cack (or Kak, Kack etc.) means poo/bad. A derivative of Caca/kaka or Khaki which mean respectively a big poo and browny green and poopy looking. Or at a stretch just not very good looking at all and somewhat lacking in the required level of coolness one would hope to see.

Ah. Thanks. Shows you what I know...

Jargo
12-25-2003, 04:00 AM
Turbo, thanks so much for the pics. Yes they do look good. Did i just say that? Quite subtley done really, they have a semblence of looking very much like the POTF2 versions but yet there's something infinately more satisfying in the sculpts and paint ops. However i will say that I'm not going to crow about how marvellous they are because painted hardcopies always look much better than the toys themselves. Not sure if I'll buy the bounty hunters though. Ozzel is a must, if a get rid of most of my collection to save space I'll keep my Imperials whatever and Ozzel will fit in splendidly. I'm sure Michael Sheard will be gloated all across tinseltown right now to know he's finally FINALLY been immortalised in plastic after all these years of cruel rumours and whispering regarding it. Here's to Michael! :D

Beast
02-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Carded pictures have surfaced for Bossk and Dengar: Executor Meeting. They both look pretty damn nice. And It's good to see that Dengar has a removable backpack. Now we can have both ESB and ROTJ Dengar's in one fantastic new sculpt. No pictures yet of the elusive Admiral Ozzel. Perhaps Vader got to him first. Pics come the way of Galactic Hunter, for those of you who like to remain in the thread due to slow Internet issues. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
02-06-2004, 09:19 AM
These pictures look awesome! Can't wait to see them on the pegs.

-Matt

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Dengar looks fantastic!!! Bossk looks pretty decent too! I can't wait to get these! :D

Kidhuman
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Nice. Bossk looks so colorful. And Dengar is awesome.

Turambar
02-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Now those look great! Much better than my first impression of the bossk. Love that articulation!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Whoa, Dengar looks even better than the first pics of him. Bossk is pretty good too, but Dengar rocks. Hopefully I'll be able to get these - with the exception of the Wampa and Rieekan, 2004's been pretty nice so far to find things. :)

Turbowars
02-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Carded pictures have surfaced for Bossk and Dengar: Executor Meeting. They both look pretty damn nice. And It's good to see that Dengar has a removable backpack. Now we can have both ESB and ROTJ Dengar's in one fantastic new sculpt. No pictures yet of the elusive Admiral Ozzel. Perhaps Vader got to him first. Pics come the way of Galactic Hunter, for those of you who like to remain in the thread due to slow Internet issues. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar BinksLinks are bad JJB.