PDA

View Full Version : More EU figures?

Darth Evil
12-04-2001, 02:28 PM
Are any more going to be made? Who would you like to see made/resculpted? My vote goes for Corran Horn (with lightsaber).

THE Slayer
12-04-2001, 03:35 PM
I love the idea of more EU figs. BUt unfortunatly people either love them or hate them, especially when they're inc. into a "movie" line. But I would still like them, even if they did come on their own cardbacks.

Yuzahhn vong maybe, or a new Mara Jade, I don't like the old one at all.

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 05:43 AM
I would like to see them in the regular line, it would be better for both lines. I am not sure I'd buy all of the ones they produce, but I would buy all of these:
resculpted Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight
resculpted Mara Jade
resculpted Dash Rendar
Leebo, Dash's droid
a REAL Darktrooper
all the dark Jedi from the DF2:Jedi Knight video game
Guri, Xizor's assasin droid
a Nohgri (but not the design from the comics, I want it designed like the books described)
a Bothan (again, not like the Dark Horse comics)
That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's others I'd like to see. While I'm not a fan of pre-ANH EU, post-ANH can be a lot of fun.

Starfig873
12-06-2001, 12:10 PM
Leebo - Dash Rendar's droid. I've wanted this droid made since the original SOTE figures were released.

Guri - She was an important part of SOTE and SOTE Evolution so she definitly needs a figure.

Borsk F'eyla - We need a bothan figure. Plain and simple.

Ssi-Ruu - I loved Truce at Bakura. I love the idea of the Ssi-Ruu. We need more reptillian figures! :p Besides, these guys were so cool!

Kyle Katarn - Jedi Knight resculpt.

Dark Trooper phase 1 and 2- this could be a neat deluxe set with both figures.

Joruus C'Boath- he would just be cool to see.

Admiral Palleon- Kinda boring, but my Thrawn figure needs him at his side :)

JediCole
12-06-2001, 02:48 PM
Personally I do not hate the EU figures per se, though I definitely do NOT love them. I have a Rowrr from the game just because an extra, generic Wookie was kind of nice to have, even if it is a re-use of a Chewie body. I don't really have any other technically EU figures in my collection. However, if Mara Jade were done better, I might consider one of her.

But the real reason I decided to post a reply is to offer up some EU choices that I've NEVER seen in the old or new forums. We will have to see if anyone recognizes them...

Jaxxon
Baron Orman Tagge
Valance
Crimson Jack
Amaiza
Governer Quarg
Dr. Kaaldar
Major Rahz
Shanks
Don-Wan Kihotay
Simon Greyshade
Jolli
Hedji

This is just to name a few of the forgotten members of the EU legacy...

jedi master sal
12-06-2001, 02:59 PM
Generic Imp Royal Guard in armor
Guri
Corran Horn
Mirax Terrik-Horn
Wes Janson
Hobbie
Lowbacca
Jacen/Jaina/Anakin Solo
Mara Jade redux (I didn't get her the first time around)
Bothans, not neccessarily Borsk Feyla
Lt Kettch
Piggy (Voort BinsaBring) sorry about spelling
(just about any of the Rogue and Wraith Squadrons)

Darth Evil
12-06-2001, 02:59 PM
Does no one else want Corran Horn Jedi Knight??

Darth Evil
12-06-2001, 03:02 PM
Oh, well Jedi Master Sal posted seconds before me, still, I detect a depressing lack of support for Corran.

PloKoon2385
12-06-2001, 06:13 PM
I want EVERY cool EU character ever!!!!! You have listed most of them.....:D

JediTricks
12-07-2001, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Dark Trooper phase 1 and 2- this could be a neat deluxe set with both figures.How about instead of a 2pack, have the phase 2 open up with a removable phase 1 robot inside?

Starfig873
12-07-2001, 07:09 AM
Ooh...I like that idea too! My only fear with that is that Phase 2 may have limited articulation because of that. But cool nonetheless :)

JediTricks
12-08-2001, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
Ooh...I like that idea too! My only fear with that is that Phase 2 may have limited articulation because of that. But cool nonetheless :) Interesting point about the articulation being limited, perhaps the phase 1 parts could be in their corresponding places in the phase 2, but not connected. You open it up, take out the phase 1's parts and have to put the limbs onto the torso, this would free up the phase 2's articulation.

JediCole
12-09-2001, 12:02 AM
I am not terribly surprised that no one has made a guess as to the origin of the character in my earlier post. As I've said before, I've no use for EU figures myself, and often have never a clue who any given character on anyone's wish list really is, nor do I care. But what surprises me is that, universally, the characters above and their ilk are always conspiculously absent.
There was an "Expanded Universe" that predates even the coining of the phrase, Expanded Universe! There were non-film characters before West End Games, Decipher, the spate of novels, and even the Holiday Special! I am talking about the Marvel Comics series and the daily newspaper strips. Both of these are sources replete with EU characters that no one seems to mention. Am I the only one who remembers these things? Not that most would make good EU fodder, but then again, they are no worse fits in the SW Universe than most of those that appear in more contemporary material...

bigbarada
12-09-2001, 12:20 AM
I recognize some of the characters on your list, Cole; namely Jaxxon. However, I never really collected the comic books so many of them are unfamiliar. Not being too much of an EU fan myself I would still like to see some characters from the old Han Solo novels. Namely:

Doc
Bollux with removable Blue Max
Atuarre with Pakka
Jessa
Rekkon
Torm
Espo Trooper
Ploovo Two-For-One with Dinko :evil:
Viceprex Hirken
Uul-Rha-Shan
Mark X (Gladiator Droid)

Those are just from the first book.

Sean the Hutt
12-09-2001, 03:27 AM
Guri, leebo, and like someone else said all the dark jedi from the Dark forces game or whatever it was called with Kyle Katarn that Blind dark jedi Jarrec I think he was called as well as that floating half a jedi guy as well as the big guy with the little pesky guy on his back..sorry I can not remember thier names..I guess I will have to replay the old game! I always thought the EU figs were really cool but were too hard to find for the general public to get interested in.

Obi-Don
12-09-2001, 04:57 AM
I would buy all I could get a hold of.I like the books and would love to have the figures.I missed out on them when they came out. :(

JediTricks
12-09-2001, 07:49 AM
I'd also like to see figures of the classic trilogy main characters from their conceptual art - like the recent Ep 1 Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul, only cooler. Concept Stormtrooper with shield and saber, concept Vader, concept Luke (as a girl), concept Han (the one that looks like George Lucas), concept R2-D2 with tons of arms, concept "metropolis" C-3PO, and the crowning jewel, concept "reptilian Chewbacca.

El Chuxter
12-12-2001, 11:24 AM
JediCole, I'd love a Jaxxon figure. I always regretted not collecting the Bucky O'Hare line, and he'd be a great substitute! :crazed:

And I'd take any Corran Hasbro felt like giving me. Preferably a Jedi Knight with green robes, JedCred amulet, and lightsaber hilt with two attachable blades (green and silver).

jedi master sal
12-12-2001, 11:50 AM
flight suit Corran would be cool and what about a Tycho pilot fig? This would add to the diversity of pilots and would look great in a diorama.