PDA

View Full Version : Since the Cantina Sets are starting to get canceled........

Turbowars
12-24-2003, 04:22 PM
I bet we will see the Grasshopper on a nice gold stripped card sooner or later. Hasbro has to know the demand for the stupid thing, just look at the MJP auctions and E-bay. I could care less about the other 2 in the set, but all 3 would probably sell on a basic card. If the sets are completely canceled around the world and Hasbro isn't sitting on a warehouse full (which was rumored) the sets that are out will be valued very high. You guys that have the cash, go and buy them now. You might be able to send your kids to college with the 3 sets alone.:rolleyes:

darthzirock
12-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Yeah, if Hasbro is sitting on thousands of figures that no retailer will take a chance on as an exclusive, I can easily see them throwing these figs into gold cards for an upcoming Cantina Aliens wave in 2004. Either that, or throw all three into a Scene Pack like the Geonosian War Room 1 & 2 and Jedi Council 1 & 2.

Dr Zoltar
12-25-2003, 02:56 AM
Can't believe the set offered on eBay is going for over $400. These will eventually be released in one form or another. My bet is on the fan club picking them up.

Boba Fetish
12-25-2003, 03:03 AM
How many more countries that Hasbro is based in have to turn down this wave? I'm surprised Hasbro Australia turned these down. They obviously didn't research their demand,

Boba Fetish
12-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Can't believe the set offered on eBay is going for over $400. These will eventually be released in one form or another. My bet is on the fan club picking them up.

Yeah, I think that price is ridiculous too. You'd think Star Wars fans would practice bidding a little more wisely and wait to pull their guns until the last minute rathering than continually jacking up the price. Makes me think that the person has a couple friends out there bidding on it in hopes that some rich fool will fall for it and outbid them.

TheDarthVader
12-26-2003, 12:41 PM
This reminds me of the silver Boba Fett. A lot of collectors believed they would never have a chance of getting one so they paid $100 or more on ebay to have one. Then they were released to the fan club for what? $10.00? I have a feeling that someone will pick this set up. Here's to hoping. *crosses fingers*

Turbowars
12-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Yeah, if the fan club is smart, they will pick them up and only sell tham as a set. That way they wont be screw-ed with the 2 that no one cares about.