PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Joy unwrapped

DarkArtist
12-25-2003, 09:39 AM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :) :D :classic:

Just wanted to start a possible thread on what people got this Holiday season. After all with the new product out perhaps some got lucky.
Under my Christmas Tree were the Target A-Wing and the TIE Fighter ornament, I also got the Han Solo Hoth Figure with both the Blue and Brown Coat, as well as the Japanese Clone Trooper Ten Pack. These look more realistic than the general release clone troopers and the three pack clones.
My girlfriend was also able to get me a Death Star Ornament off Ebay, last year the Death Star sold out before I could find one. :) :) :)

Silent Chazz
12-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Yes, Merry Christmas everyone. I finally got to open my 2 Red Battle Droids, Yoda with Chian and Coleman Trebor. Hasbro did a superb job on Coleman. I LOVE that he has balljointed Shoulders AND knees.

Turbowars
12-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Nothing from Santa, but I have been buying like it was X-mas for the last 6 months. God knows how much I have spent.:eek:

Kidhuman
12-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Got me 10 figures for x-mas this year. Hopefully lots more cominglater on today

Silent Chazz
12-25-2003, 12:25 PM
I almost forgot to mention that I also got cash. So, this means I get to take a trip to Amarillo, TX this weekend and FINALLY get some Clone Wars figures at their Target.

Boba Fetish
12-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Found the Jedi Luke wave on Christmas Eve at Walmart, so as far as presents go, I am pretty satisfied. Even though I bought them, the timing makes it kind od Christmasish.

darthzirock
12-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Most of my "Giftmas" presents were geared towards my horror mania (Stephen King's The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla, The Millennium Edition Re-Animator DVD), but I did get an extra single-carded Durge that I had wanted so I'd have a MOC card in addition to my loose one. And, like Silent Chazz, the cash I got from my sister will no doubt go towards new figures (minus the $5.50 for a matinee show of the new Peter Pan movie on Saturday!).

kool-aid killer
12-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the hauls. I didnt get any Star Wars figures due to my family not knowing what i have and dont have. But i did get the Star Wars Rebel Strike game for Gamecube.

Silent Chazz
12-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Awesome on scoring Rebel Strike. I've been wantin to play that (haven't had the money to even rent it).

B'Omarr Monkey
12-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Nothing groundbreaking here, but I did manage to cross a few figures off my list, clone wars Kit Fisto, Obi-Wan General, SA Clone Trooper, both recent Darth Vaders, Luke Skywalker - Throne Room Duel, and C-3PO with the Escape Pod.

I don't generally ask for Star Wars stuff since I think it's tough for those who don't collect, or are not super familiar with all the characters, to to go rifling amongst all the pegged figures for ones you're looking for. But this year I was falling pretty far behind especially since the stores around here haven't been stocking anything much newer than the Teemto Pagalies wave until just a few days before Christmas.

So, I'm grateful to moving that many steps closer to catching up on what I need.

thespar
12-25-2003, 09:21 PM
As far as Star Wars go got the yoda lightsaber clonewars, yoda and chian,Wat Tambor, Clone Wars OBI-WAN and Mace, WA-7.

Jayspawn
12-25-2003, 09:47 PM
I had a great Christmas! This year brought my the Darth Vader FX Lightsaber (very cool I might add) and the Imperial Shutle among other things! :D

Bobajames
12-26-2003, 09:09 AM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE :) :D :classic:

My girlfriend was also able to get me a Death Star Ornament off Ebay, last year the Death Star sold out before I could find one.

man i found those on sale at halmark in january last year... i got lucky

but i got KOTOR game, durge on speeder bike, c3po w/escape pod, potf 1 leia poncho, and a couple basic figures, and a holiday yoda!! happy christmas!!

bobafrett
12-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I got a childrens Star Wars book by Random House featuring ACTION-PACKED FLAPS! My Sister-In-Law bought it for me at a rummage sale. My brother bought me a Clone trooper Pez dispenser. That's the extent of my Star Wars Christmas gifts, other than the Tarkin mini bust that was at my door the day before Christmas, and I'm still waiting on my winnings from the Hasbro contest, which I consider a Christmas present from Hasbro after all the cash they have made off of me!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Star Wars stuff:
*Imperial Shuttle
*Holiday Yoda
*Bounty Hunter for Gamecube (how am I supposed to get past the first level?!?!?)
*Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
*Imperial Forces 4-pack
*POTF Max Rebo & Doda Bodonawieedo
*Star Tours figures - DL-X2, WEG-1618, G2-4T, R3-D3 (now just need the bird one)
*Saga figures - Darth Maul repack, Darth Vader repack, Ayy Vida
*Clone Wars figures - Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, Jedi 3-pack, Droid Launcher
*Mini Lego X-wing/TIE Fighter, Jedi Starfighter/Slave I

Other stuff:
*Real World Neo figure
*LOTR: ROTK for Gamecube
*Memory Card
*Bruce Almighty DVD
*A Christmas Story book
*Duh! The Stupid History of the Human Species book
*Movie making for dummies book (what I want to do when I'm older)
*Bud, Not Buddy (I read another book by the author and it was good)
*Extra Gamecube controller

I know my parents have more stuff (McQuarrie trooper, Clone pack, Droid pack, etc), but my sisters got about the same amount as me. Once I get more money I can buy some of the stuff. :D

kool-aid killer
12-26-2003, 03:48 PM
Awesome on scoring Rebel Strike. I've been wantin to play that (haven't had the money to even rent it).

Thanks! I havent spent much time playing it but have been impressed with what ive seen so far. I particularly like how the two levels ive played so far arent repeats of the Rogue Squadron game.

Jaff
12-26-2003, 04:43 PM
My wife and I usually open presents every other day til christmas and save the best presents for last. I ended up hauling allot of figures, and I was greatly happy about that.

Hoth Rebel Soldier
Kren Blista Vanee
R-3PO
Ack Med Beq
Luke in Hoth
R1-G4
Deluxe Riekaan
Deluxe Wampa
Deluxe 3PO
Target A-Wing

Despite all these great figs my favorite gifts were:

Alien Quadrilogy
Star Wars Rebel Strike

I also got Star Trek V directors cut, and on the commentaries William Shatner actually tries to convince us/himself that his movie is astoundingly good. Talk about Denial!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-28-2003, 09:51 PM
I did get a few Star Wars related items this year. One was the Cinema Scene with San Hill, Poggle, and Dooku. The other was sheet music for the score for Episode II, for my piano.

I don't list individual figures on my list unless I know they are easy to find. I don't want to put a family member through the hassle of driving to 27 different retail/toy stores to find one figure. The Cinema Scene, I knew, was plentiful at Target, so that was about the only SW item that I listed.

I did get a Media Play gift card, which I promptly used to buy a PS2 Bounty Hunters game for only $20. The game came with a free Unleashed Maul figure. These babies were $50 a year ago, so I was glad to wait around. I also bought the research droids with my card at $7.

BTW, KB has Star Wars Electronic Battleship for $19.99. Very well priced and one of the few board games you can play by yourself.

B'Omarr Monkey
12-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Wow, the Cinema Scenes were plentiful at your Target? Lucky. They were on my own want list, but there were none to be found here. For the whole week leading to Xmas, all they had were three Secret Ceremony Padmés.

DarkArtist
01-02-2004, 04:48 PM
More Christmas Joy,

My girlfriend (Who is way to good to me) got me the Imperial Shuttle for Christmas, which arrived today. I also got both Anakin with Speeder Bike and Dooku with Speeder as well as Ack-med Beth as well as the new Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.
Also got two Yoda ornaments the Star Wars Fossil watch with a cool display box featuring all of the movie posters to date. :) :) :) :)
It's A Wonderful Star Wars Christmas

Kidhuman
01-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I got:

Faytonni
WA-7
COleman Trebor
Ashla and Jempa
Wat Tambor
Padme Sc
CW wave 2
Both DIgnitaries
Hoth Luke
Aay
Bail
Ack-Med Baq
Elan(non ears)
Obi Night club
R3PO
Hoth Trooper
Padme Lars Homestead.

Edit: And the Wampa too

Not too shabby eh?

Dr Zoltar
01-04-2004, 05:51 PM
My wife got me an Imperial Shuttle as well. That was it for Star Wars stuff since I'm pretty good at picking up anything I need as soon as I see it at the store.

dustrho
01-05-2004, 02:57 PM
My wife got me...
McQuarrie Stormtroopers x2
"A Guide to the Star Wars Universe" reference book
"Magic of the Myth" book
"Mythmaking: Behind the Scenes of AOTC" book
12" Saga Princess Leia on Speeder Bike
LEGO Mos Eisley Cantina
LEGO Snowspeeder (new one, not Ultimate)

My dad got me...
TONS of books (paperback, hard cover, etc)
Some misc. loose POTF2 and EP1 figures