PDA

View Full Version : Mini Replicas

Jayspawn
12-26-2003, 12:50 PM
So now its looking like Master Replicas will be making mini-replicas. There's no release date -somewhere around April is the time frame and a cost of $35-40 a pop. The first line will include lightsaber replicas of Mace Windu from "AOTC" Obi-Wan Kenobi from "TPM" and Luke's Jedi saber from "ROTJ"

Rebelscum just posted some small pics.

I like the idea -but then again, I really dont want mini-replicas I'd rather have the actual replica itself. I'm tempred though to get the Obi-Wan or Jedi Luke because I missed out on them.

Thoughts?

[DSS]Pedr0
12-26-2003, 12:58 PM
So now its looking like Master Replicas will be making mini-replicas. There's no release date -somewhere around April is the time frame and a cost of $35-40 a pop. The first line will include lightsaber replicas of Mace Windu from "AOTC" Obi-Wan Kenobi from "TPM" and Luke's Jedi saber from "ROTJ"

Rebelscum just posted some small pics.

I like the idea -but then again, I really dont want mini-replicas I'd rather have the actual replica itself. I'm tempred though to get the Obi-Wan or Jedi Luke because I missed out on them.

Thoughts?
yes, I want them all. http://www.imagesbymb.com/ebay/minimrlarge.jpg

Jayspawn
12-26-2003, 02:48 PM
Haha, I had a feeling you'd say that [DSS]Pedr0. I think the Jedi Luke would look good here on my computer desk. ;)

dr_evazan22
12-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I missed on all three of those being offered, and I'm tempted to get each of the 3. But then they are only 1/2 scale. Why buy them if I know that there is a chance I can get one from ebay or elsewhere?

I guess I'll make that decision a little later. The low price point will help.

Beast
12-26-2003, 05:02 PM
I couldn't afford the full size ones. But these are really really nice. And I don't mind the half scale deal. After all, I'm not looking to play with them anyway. And they look awesome for the size and price. Hopefully a Sith Set isn't far off. Not sure if they'd do Maul's full one. But they could do the cut in half version in the set. Or Dooku's, Palpatine's, and Vader's. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

[DSS]Pedr0
12-26-2003, 06:01 PM
I wouldnt be afraid to bring these with me, show them to the nieces and newphews and such. My friend's kids would LOVE them since i turned them to the DARK SIDE of loving SW.but, yea, another line has got me HOOKED.

JediTricks
12-27-2003, 02:13 AM
half-scale replicas are a great idea at this price IMO, not just saber hilts, but also blasters and other SW technology. As far as these specific sabers, I have an unlicensed full-size Luke saber hilt replica and don't care for Mace's hilt, but Obi-Wan's E1 saber is tempting me already. Basically, when the price is this right, it can't be wrong. ;)

Jayspawn
12-30-2003, 08:20 PM
I've still been thinking about these, I still dont know yet. It's looking like Master Replicas is running out of pheasable ideas. With the exception of the upcoming Episode III Lightsabers and Qui-Gon's Saber.