PDA

View Full Version : Before you were born???

DarthKenobi
12-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Hey, just watched A New Hope....again....and the part where Luke Meets "Ben" Kenobi for the first time...right after the sand people...Luke asks if he knows "Obi-Wan" Kenobi. Ben/Obi-Wan says that it is him but he has not gone by that name since before Luke was born.

So does that mean that at some point in Ep3 that they will start calling him "Ben" and not "Obi-Wan"? Since of course at some point in Ep3, Luke will be born.

for example:

Windu - "Hey Obi-Wan."

Kenobi - "Don't call me that anymore. Please call me 'Ben'."

Beast
12-26-2003, 06:40 PM
There's a thread around here somewhere, where I posted something about this. Supposedly during a space battle when Obi-Wan and Anakin are in their Jedi Starfighters, Anakin calls him 'Ben'. And Obi-Wan gets a bit upset, that Anakin found out his non-Jedi name. I'll see if I can dig it up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-26-2003, 06:48 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22018

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthKenobi
12-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the link. Yes, I saw that thread before I posted.

I didn't add to that one because it was talking about a scene where Anakin calls Kenobi "Ben" rather than it being a name change type thing.

I was leaning more towards an idea where Kenobi will be called "Ben" for an extended period of the movie. Maybe the Jedi are disolved and henece they go back to their "real" names or Kenobi vows to go into hiding and buries the name "Obi-Wan". Is Kenobi kicked out of the Jedi order for doing something against the code???

Who knows. Just a good discussion topic...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Maybe when the Jedi start to become hunted, he has to change his name, or at least go by Ben instead of Obi-wan as it would be much more safe. This could mean that Luke and Leia are born after the Jedi's get slaughtered and become hunted. Just my thoughts. :D