PDA

View Full Version : No more Star Tours figures please!!!

Boba Fetish
12-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I just wanted to say I received my last Star Tours figure a few weeks ago, R5-D2, and I am pleased with all of them. Thank you so very much and good job.
Now I would like to say that I don't want anymore than the nine figures I already have. Besides the fact that I think it is becoming way too expansive as an EU collection, I don't like calling my friends in L.A. to hook me up with such figures, getting time off work to make the six hour trip to Anaheim to find these, calling Disney direct, hunting on E-bay, and hoping my friends in Jacksonville will go to Orlando anymore. On top of that, all this effort produces a cost per figure two times as much as a basic retail figure. No more, I am as sick of hunting for these figures as I am of turkey leftovers right now.

Turbowars
12-27-2003, 03:55 PM
E-bay had the last set for $34.99, $40 bucks shipped. That beats calling your friend or driving 6 hours.;)

Banthaholic
01-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I couldn't disagree more, I say release more Star Tours figures. Sure they're a bit pricey, but they're a cool addition to a collection.

There are many more possibilities for them to make, and I say make them. I have a family member that lives nearby so that's helped me get them, although there's usually a delay in the time it takes for me to get them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I like the ones I have (all except that bird one). My mom picked them up for me when she was chaperoning at WDW for my sister's school trip. They all have great sculpts and are really nice.

However - how many more figures could they possibly make? Let's see:
*Bird thing #2 (unnecessary as the first one was too huge anyway)
*Teek
*Gran with camera
*Disney employee
*Flight attendant from movie
And I doubt they'll make any of these anyway. So I wouldn't be worried about too many more Star Tours figures.

El Chuxter
01-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I will take a figure of TEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! however I can get him, Saga packaging, Star Tours packaging, even packaged in a beat-up old can opener box. Other than that, I'd have no problem with ending the line here.

But since this is likely the only way TEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!! will ever be released, I'd like to see the total number of figures go at least to ten. :happy:

mtriv73
01-09-2004, 06:22 PM
If there are any more astromechs to be made, then by all means make them and I'll by them. I have no desire for any of the others though. I've passed on all the others except the r3, r4, and r5, but I've gotten 2 of each of those.