PDA

View Full Version : You suggest a poll - an "add your ideas thread."

Pages : [1] 2

Tycho
12-28-2003, 05:24 AM
What question would you like to see asked for an upcoming poll?

Suggest a question and some possible answers.

Kidhuman
01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
I suggested this awhile ago to you Tycho

What VIntage Playset would u like to see rehashed or redone?

Tatooine/Hoth(same but different color)
Dagobah
Imperial Attack Base
Death Star
Ewok Village

jedi master sal
01-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Actually Tycho I just submitted a poll, sorry I didn't ask first. it's not toy related but something we could get very much into.

Can you say Star Wars Theme/Amusement Park!

Sorry, if I overstepped my bounds....Hope you like it though.

Tycho
01-23-2004, 10:38 PM
That's cool JMS!

I don't mind and in fact, Steve is looking for a new polls editor because I've been unable to consistantly deliver every Monday morning. I'm running a business now and I work for my clients and the personnel I supervise first, then play second. (and by my weekends, I'm playing pretty hard now! ;) )

I'm going to continue to submit poll ideas (and possibly continue posting them as I've helped out Steve in one way or another for 7 years - can you believe it's been that long???)

But if Steve finds you (or another interested individual that he can count on) I'm all supportive of the change. I'll still help. I'm not going anywhere. It's just that on Sunday night or all-day on Monday (and throughout the week for that matter) I get quite busy. But that's a good thing. I'm professional now, and I started working on this website when I was only a college student. With progress, the times change.

stillakid
01-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Poll idea:

Question: If Hasbro offered collectors the option of a direct sale, meaning that a collector could order toys direct from the company in any quantity they desired, would you be willing to pay more? In some cases, substantially more than you would have to pay at retail for the opportunity to guarantee every toy that you want to have.

[] Yes
[] No

Follow up: If yes, how much would you be willing to pay for this opportunity? An extra dollar per figure? 2 dollars? 5 dollars? What is the "ceiling" that you'd pay for this service that takes the middleman out of the equation?

Or, since the retailer is out of the picture, should the price be less per unit?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2004, 03:25 AM
How about a poll about polls?!?!!!?

"Todays poll: how do you feel about polls?:

1. They're delightful.
2. They're horrible; why bother?
3. I really don't care about them either way."

Get it; a poll about polls?!? Hm, that's so ironic!! :p

(sorry, it's late and i couldn't resist :D)

bobafrett
01-24-2004, 08:55 AM
How about a poll about polls?!?!!!?

"Todays poll: how do you feel about polls?:

1. They're delightful.
2. They're horrible; why bother?
3. I really don't care about them either way."

Get it; a poll about polls?!? Hm, that's so ironic!! :p

(sorry, it's late and i couldn't resist :D)

:D Maybe it's early, and I only got 4 hours of sleep, but that's funny.

I was thinking of a poll on SSG posters methods they use to browse this forum. For instance, for the longest time I was going to each catagory I liked, like saga figures, or Legos. Then I would check out all the new posts I found interesting. But then I found the "New Posts" area, and it has cut down the time I spend here browsing. Problem is, I don't know quite how to word a survey like that.

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 03:10 AM
"Does Hasbro need to make more Episode II figures?"
- Yes, there are a lot that still need to be done
- Yes, but only a few, they did most already
- No, they have covered everything I'd want
- No, I'm sick of or don't care about Ep II toys

---

Stilla, not saying your poll shouldn't be done, but there are 2 reasons why Hasbro would never do direct sales of general Star Wars product.
Reason 1: their LFL license contract forbids it.
Reason 2: Hasbro would have to charge a significant amount more than retail to avoid competing with their "retail partners" (this is stipulated in Hasbro's contracts with each of their major retail partners).

stillakid
01-25-2004, 11:07 AM
"Does Hasbro need to make more Episode II figures?"
- Yes, there are a lot that still need to be done
- Yes, but only a few, they did most already
- No, they have covered everything I'd want
- No, I'm sick of or don't care about Ep II toys

---

Stilla, not saying your poll shouldn't be done, but there are 2 reasons why Hasbro would never do direct sales of general Star Wars product.
Reason 1: their LFL license contract forbids it.
Reason 2: Hasbro would have to charge a significant amount more than retail to avoid competing with their "retail partners" (this is stipulated in Hasbro's contracts with each of their major retail partners).

I didn't ask if Hasbro would do it or not. That wasn't the question. Please PM Tycho about this as I already explained the motivation behind the question to him. :) Things are not always as they seem. :classic:

JediTricks
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
This is his section, so he should have read your comment already as well as mine before that which explains that I wasn't trying to judge whether or not your poll idea should be used. :)

Tycho
01-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Actually, I have a little time here and I'm going to fire off some of my ideas to Steve, along with the others folks have posted here. He does a good job of choosing which will be successful and interesting.

I just had 2 ideas myself:

ARE YOU RUNNING OUT OF ROOM FOR YOUR STAR WARS COLLECTION?

y - Episode 3 toys are going to kill me
n - bring the new stuff on!
Well...I'm planning on making more space - somehow

And

DOES THE 2004 RETAILER PLANS SEEM IMPROVED TO YOU?

Yes, Target and Wal-Mart are carrying more SW items again (12", Unleashed,
Ultra, CW animated)
No, the stores near me are not stocking the product lines I want to get
(tell us)

stillakid
01-26-2004, 07:24 PM
This is his section, so he should have read your comment already as well as mine before that which explains that I wasn't trying to judge whether or not your poll idea should be used. :)

Yes, Tycho and I already had a discussion about my idea. Of course it's fine to elaborate on a response, however the point of a question is to get only the answer asked for. My question was very carefully worded with very specific reasons in mind, not all of which are entirely evident by a simple read. :)

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM
How about this one:

How do you feel about the new Price Point on the 12" Line?(25 bucks)

It doesnt matter, I will still buy em
Too high for me, I will stop buying them
Iwill only get some of them
I dont collect them, so it doesnt matter

Tycho
02-04-2004, 01:04 PM
That price is Wal-Mart only, I think. Toys R Us will still sell them for $19.99 I believe.

Also, Wal-Mart was higher priced on 12" in the past before, if I recollect.

Kidhuman
02-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks for that info Tycho. Please let me know if they are still 20 bucks at TRU. I would rather pay that price when I am up uin that neck of the woods

Tycho
02-04-2004, 06:36 PM
The problem is, if you're talking about Yoda, Bikerscout, and the Ewoks, Toys R Us is not currently getting them in.

You may not get a chance to get these 12" if you pass them up at Wal-Mart.

Correct me if I'm wrong: you have 90 days to return something to Wal-Mart WITH A RECEIPT?

Buy the figures when you see them for $24.99. It's early February. Make sure you can return them until early May (whenever your 90 days are up).

If you open them, be prepared to keep them (just in case).

If TRU comes out with them for 19.99 - buy them again, remove their price tag, and return the same item (or the actual item) to Wal-Mart with your receipt and save $15 on 3, or $20 on 4 (if you don't already have Luke).

Anyway, let's get the discussion back onto potential poll topics.

I suggest:

DO YOU WANT HASBRO TO MAKE A FIGURE OF BOBA FETT WITH REMOVEABLE HELMET?

We know exactly what Boba would look like - either with more or less scars than his Dad, and possibly with longer hair or not... (likely not).

So: yes or no? (this would technically be an EU figure -but not by a far stretch)

Darth Kirk
02-09-2004, 11:10 PM
What about a poll based on Episode III, like...

Which two characters would you like to see battle one another:

A. Yoda vs. Vader
B. Sidious vs. Obi
C. Padme vs. Dorme
D. All of the above
E. None of the above..

Hey, it could be fun.. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Kirk
02-12-2004, 02:17 PM
What about a poll where we deduce which character is considered the 'hottest' in the Star Wars Universe:
A. Princess Leia (Golden Bikini)
B. Padme (Geonosis Battle Garb)
C . Gardulla the Hutt (Phantom Menace)
D. Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars)
E. Aurra Sing

Kidhuman
02-14-2004, 12:22 PM
What VIntage Playset would u like to see rehashed or redone?

Tatooine/Hoth(same but different color)
Dagobah
Imperial Attack Base
Death Star
Ewok Village

I think this might be a good poll now with the OTC coming out and all. Maybe we can persuade Hasbro to give us some OTC playsets.

scruffziller
02-20-2004, 11:17 AM
1. For the reasons he says.(The SE is his ultimate vision and the originals do not exist)
2.He is lying about being able to release them and has another marketing angle for the future.
3. Thinks he knows (or is sure right now) what he wants and the DVD release in September is what he is feeling now is right, but may change his mind when the mood hits him right. Hey not making 7,8,9 seems like an even bigger stretch by comparison and those will most likely be a reality from what we are hearing.
4. Thinks he is God of the silver screen and can push buttons to make us squirm while he laughs manically.
5. Other

jjreason
02-24-2004, 12:19 AM
As per the title.

a) Impossible - preorder NOW.
b) Dang hard - get up early and shop til you drop.
c) Not too hard - if you get them soon after they come out, there'll be no problem.
d) Not hard at all - I'll wait for them to hit the $2 clearance bin.

Kidhuman
03-01-2004, 11:09 PM
Heres one for ya..............

How would you like the EP III line 3.75 figures?

Statue posed scene specific
Nuetral posed with some more articulation(maybe an inflated price)
All SA with a higher price tag

jedihunter25
03-02-2004, 03:16 AM
Here's a few-

Which Clone Wars line do you like better- animated or basic?

Out of the three O.T. DVD covers that we have seen, what would you pick?

Which AOTC vehicle would you like Hasbro to make?
AT-TE
Dooku's Solar Sailer
Padme's Starship
SPHA-T
Naboo Cruiser
Homing Spider Droid

And last but not least-
After seeing the coverage of Hasbro at Toyfair, do you think Hasbro went too far with re-releasing products that most collectors already have?
-Yes, I was hoping to see new stuff (figures,vehicles,and more Clone Wars for the Spring Season)but it's mostly things I already own and I won't be buying
-Yes, but I have to have everything so I will be buying
-No, I'm new to collecting and I will be buying

jjreason
03-05-2004, 01:58 AM
2 parter, idea spawned from reading an old comic book which offered GI Joe fans a chance to join the team: If Hasbro offered you the chance to mail away for an exclusive Action Figure of you based on a picture you sent with your order (they never offered this option to the GI Joe fans of course), which figure would you choose to be?

a) Stormtrooper with removable helmet
b) Jedi Knight with robes and saber
c) Imperial Officer (grey tunic)
d) Rebel X-Wing Pilot with removable helmet

How much would you pay for such a figure?

a) retail, no more (5-6 bucks US)
b) 10
c) 20
d) more than 20.

JediTricks
03-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion KH, that's now this week's poll. :cool:

Keep 'em coming gang! :)

Kidhuman
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Cool, I get to see my name is BRIGHT LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure JT. ;) :beard:

stillakid
03-16-2004, 06:30 PM

B) I don't like the style of the toys anymore.

C) I'm just bored with it.

D) The poor quality of the new movies and the changes being made to the old have really turned me off of Star Wars.

E) Gas prices, Republicans, taxes, have all cut into my "fun" funds so I just can't afford to do this anymore.

F) My wife is threatening to leave me if I don't cut it out.

G) I've decided that I want to date hot girls and none of the ones I know would touch a toy collecting geek like me with a ten foot pole.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-16-2004, 07:12 PM
How about:
"What Star Wars based arguement has been beaten to death with for far too long and needs to be retired?"

A. Jar Jar Binks in all his CGI glory- love him or hate him, he's here to stay.

B. the infamous PT-OT battle and the "Purists" vs. "Purists who enjoy the entire Saga"; for the love of God, just let it go.

C. OT DVD's Vs. SE DVD's- should both be released?

D. Should Vader been seen in Episode III or not?- See the Episode III forums for more of this fun!

:D that's my poll suggestion. cheers! :crazed:

JediTricks
03-16-2004, 07:19 PM
jedihunter, I used your last poll idea for this week's, thanks for the suggestion.

Anybody else got some more poll ideas?

stillakid
03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Anybody else got some more poll ideas?

What, didn't you like mine? Granted, people who have given up altogether probably won't be logging on anytime soon to SSG so it may be a cry into the darkness. But, there are a number of folks who do hang out on occasion who have cut back for one reason or another. So I think it's still a valid question.

jedihunter25
03-16-2004, 11:51 PM
jedihunter, I used your last poll idea for this week's, thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks, It will be interesting to see the results at the end of the week.

Kidhuman
03-16-2004, 11:56 PM
What, didn't you like mine? Granted, people who have given up altogether probably won't be logging on anytime soon to SSG so it may be a cry into the darkness. But, there are a number of folks who do hang out on occasion who have cut back for one reason or another. So I think it's still a valid question.

Patience young Padawan. Others were suggested before yours. If it is meant to be, the force will guide JT to put it up.

stillakid
03-17-2004, 01:07 AM
Patience young Padawan. Others were suggested before yours. If it is meant to be, the force will guide JT to put it up.

Yeah, yeah, patience. How long will that take?

(apologies to Ed Gruberman)

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Longer than you thought Stillakid....:beard:

Will you be buying advanced tickets for EPIII?
Yes
no
Dont plan on seeing it
I will wait for video/dvd

Deoxyribonucleic
04-30-2004, 08:24 PM

B) I don't like the style of the toys anymore.

C) I'm just bored with it.

D) The poor quality of the new movies and the changes being made to the old have really turned me off of Star Wars.

E) Gas prices, Republicans, taxes, have all cut into my "fun" funds so I just can't afford to do this anymore.

F) My wife is threatening to leave me if I don't cut it out.

G) I've decided that I want to date hot girls and none of the ones I know would touch a toy collecting geek like me with a ten foot pole.

I like it... I like it alot!

Because it hit the mark at how I've been feeling lately oh so well!!

JediTricks
05-03-2004, 03:41 PM
I haven't found a way to use Stilla's poll idea yet, the problem is that the poll question is targeted only towards a select group of readers, but SSG polls are supposed to be of interest to all the readers.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming, even if I don't use your idea this week, it'll seed ideas for later polls.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-04-2004, 02:18 AM
[QUOTE=JediTricks]I haven't found a way to use Stilla's poll idea yet, the problem is that the poll question is targeted only towards a select group of readers, but SSG polls are supposed to be of interest to all the readers.
QUOTE]

Ahh, you are right. I never thought of that really because as many of us as there are who have cut back, there's just as many that haven't.

perhaps you could add another answer: have not cut back on collecting Star Wars figures or something to that effect.

Anyway, thanks for looking at the ideas in the first place :)

JediTricks
05-04-2004, 04:12 PM
That's a good suggestion, though part of the issue there is trying to figure out how to word the title so it invites everybody to read and vote. Something like "Have you cut down on collecting lately" but with a less negative connotation.

Thank you all for submitting ideas, it's HARD to come up with these polls every week. :D

Kidhuman
05-04-2004, 07:50 PM
How about "How have your collecting habits changed?" or "Have your collecting habits changed?"

Answers:
I cut down drasticly
I have stopped being a completeist
I have stopped collecting
I havent changed any habits

Just some ideas. :beard:

stillakid
05-05-2004, 03:00 AM
That's a good suggestion, though part of the issue there is trying to figure out how to word the title so it invites everybody to read and vote. Something like "Have you cut down on collecting lately" but with a less negative connotation.

Thank you all for submitting ideas, it's HARD to come up with these polls every week. :D

Poll Question:

How do you feel about polls?

A) I LOVE them!
B) Is this a racial joke?
C) I'd never participate in a poll even for a million billion dollars.

JediTricks
05-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Maybe I should do a "How do you feel about Stillakid" poll. :p

I'm really not that happy with the "how do you feel" and "what do you think" titles I've been coming up with lately.

KH, thanks for the suggestions, I'd almost certainly throw in 2 or 3 more options though because it doesn't cover those who quit and are coming back or those who quit a while back and are staying that way. I guess the question is loaded to me, so I want to make sure all avenues are covered before going ahead with something like that (and I'm not supposed to use "Other - explain" responses to fill those gaps).

Kidhuman
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Not a problem JT. Always trying to help. :beard:

stillakid
05-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Maybe I should do a "How do you feel about Stillakid" poll. :p

:D Thanks, JT. I seriously needed a good laugh after my crappy day yesterday. :) While I could almost guess at what the results would be, it might be interesting to see official numbers. I know that when I first started ranting against these new films, there were significant forces against every word I said. But it seems that of late, the tide is turning, at least at SSG, in favor of what I (AND OTHERS, including JT) have been saying all along. Whether that is just because the "defenders" have grown weary and refuse to discuss any more or because more and more people have "seen the light" as it were, I don't know. But whatever someone thinks about someone like me, they can't say that I haven't stood my ground, for whatever that's worth. :D

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Well standing your ground is worth alot IMO. You have a path and dont veer off of it. Props to you in that area.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Here's my vote:

I like him, I like him alot!

AMEN Stilla for standin' yer ground. Nothing worse than a wishy-washy inconsistent bast...! ;)

Back to ideas for polls... I really think we need to come up with a great poll on people's collecting habits because as I've been browsing the boards alot lately, something weird has happened; people that I always see (including myself haha) being gungho about collecting star wars toys have started to get really disgruntled and their collecting habits seem to have waned.

I've noticed this ALOT recently! For instance the whole silver figure "idea". First we all rushed to get them, now it's like "meh, whateva!" There's definitely a virus of some kind going on in the collecting community, or so it seems. So we need to track it, put numbers too it. I believe this would incorporate ALL who visit the boards.

I still collect with a fever and have to have at least 2 of everything!

I still collect and have to have one of everything no matter what!

I still collect but only the figures I like best.

My collecting habits are waning and I collect very few figures now.

I no longer collect because I'm completely disgruntled with Hasbro's merchandise.

something along those lines perhaps?? Who knows lol

Kidhuman
05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Dont forget the all important one Deoxy........

If hasbro would ship them to the stores in a proper fashionj, I would still buy them.......:beard:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-06-2004, 03:48 PM
add that to the end of the last option...

...disgruntled with hasbro's merchandise and distribution

yeah, that's good!

:)

:beard:

stillakid
05-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Based on some advanced whining I just read about the upcoming Endor set, I came up with this:

When Hasbro releases a multi-pack of figures, do you:

A) prefer to have all new items in the box?

B) prefer to have all the items in the box be previously released items?

C) prefer to have all but one of the items in the box be previously released (meaning that just ONE of the items is new so you're being forced to re-purchase stuff you already have)?

D) just ignore it?

E) buy it no matter what because you're a completist?

F) Combo answer of A and E

Deoxyribonucleic
05-30-2004, 12:40 PM
I vote for answer D.

Oh wait, this isn't a real poll! :mad:

but it's a good one! :)

JediTricks
06-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Stilla, that's this week's poll.

Kidhuman
06-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Stilla, that's this week's poll.

Whgat happened to the Ewok poll? :confused: :beard:

stillakid
06-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Hasbro has said that they "need" to consistently release core figures for those people who are just starting their collections. I personally find this reasoning to be odd as the saga is winding down and only the truest of fans seem to have faith in the newest trilogy. I'm guessing entirely, but it seems as though anyone who wants to start a collection of Star Wars toys already has. Perhaps there is a small minority of late-comers who really have just gotten on the boat, but is it really worth Hasbro's time (and ours) for them to continually send out repackaged and resculpted core figures. And that's the topic of this poll idea:

With the Saga winding down, in your opinion, should Hasbro concentrate completely on creating brand new never before made characters or should they continue to release re-packaged and resculpted items for the few newcomers to the hobby?

A) Absolutely, everybody who wants a collection of toys already has started. Hasbro should spend their time creating all new stuff for us.

B) Hey, not so fast. I just woke up from a 20 year coma and decided yesterday to start a Hasbro Star Wars collection. They should re-release everything they've ever made so I have a fair chance to get everything at a retail price.

C) I'm an established collector but I've missed a few things on occasion. The re-packaged strategy is hit or miss but at least I have another shot at finding some things.

D) I'm an established collector but I've hated a lot of the sculpts Hasbro has done so I welcome figures anytime they are re-packaged and/or resculpted just in case this new one is better than the last. In case it isn't, they can keep releasing that character until they get it right. I'll buy 'em all!

JediTricks
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Whgat happened to the Ewok poll? :confused: :beard:
It got pushed back since Stilla's was more timely. I still intend to find out how much Ewoks people want, just next week or so.

Stilla, as interesting as that poll is, Hasbro already has a set answer for it that dictates why collectors will remain stuck with rereleases - the kiddies. Kids are a bigger potential market, and not all of them get into something at the same time, so Hasbro hedges their bets by ensuring that late-comers (kid or collector) have something core to grab onto because the potential there far outweighs the current collector community (hence the gimmicky figs in Saga v1). Granted, I don't agree with Hasbro's actions, I think they're taking that philosophy too far and it's hampering their already-proven market, but it's how it is and collectors voting on what basically is seen as a non-collector issue seems like a tough sell.

stillakid
06-03-2004, 12:01 AM
It got pushed back since Stilla's was more timely. I still intend to find out how much Ewoks people want, just next week or so.

Stilla, as interesting as that poll is, Hasbro already has a set answer for it that dictates why collectors will remain stuck with rereleases - the kiddies. Kids are a bigger potential market, and not all of them get into something at the same time, so Hasbro hedges their bets by ensuring that late-comers (kid or collector) have something core to grab onto because the potential there far outweighs the current collector community (hence the gimmicky figs in Saga v1). Granted, I don't agree with Hasbro's actions, I think they're taking that philosophy too far and it's hampering their already-proven market, but it's how it is and collectors voting on what basically is seen as a non-collector issue seems like a tough sell.

True, but in the event that Hasbro does take a peek at the results of these things (for amusement if nothing else) then maybe...just maybe they'll adjust their strategy a little. Maybe not, but it does it cost anything to try?

stillakid
06-04-2004, 12:36 AM
This one is from my own life experience of late:

It's mid-2004. Gas prices are rising and by now your closets are full from ardent collecting for years on end. Are you:

A) still passionately seeking out new product at retail stores?
B) only visiting retail stores on rare occasions?
C) giving up on retail and purchasing entirely (or almost entirely) on the internet (ie, KEBco One of Every Figure Club)?
D) giving up searching and just picking up toys when you're shopping for other things?
E) giving up entirely because it's getting too expensive or you're just not that into it anymore?

stillakid
06-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Which Star Wars movie/show has more animation than any of the others?

A) ANH
B) ESB
C) ROTJ
D) TPM
E) AOTC
F) Clone Wars
D) Holiday Special
E) Droids
F) Ewoks
G) Ewok Adventures

*Hint: AOTC

stillakid
08-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Poll question:

If your toys could talk (like the ones in Toy Story), what would they most likely say?

A) Man, we're the luckiest toys in the world. [NAME] plays with us all the time! I hope it never ends. :)

B) Yikes, [NAME] is playing with us too much. I saw him whip an X-Wing into the pool the other day and drown the pilot. :cry: I wonder if I'm next.

C) ( whistling ) This is interesting and all, being in little dioramas and out on the shelf, but my legs are getting tired. Oh well, at least he dusts us off every once in a while.

D) Boy, it's dark in here. I wonder if he'll ever let us out of these boxes? :(

JediTricks
08-23-2004, 10:43 PM
While I didn't use that directly because the options are a little too long, it did inspire me to do today's "loose or carded" poll, so thanks. :)

stillakid
08-24-2004, 01:41 AM
While I didn't use that directly because the options are a little too long, it did inspire me to do today's "loose or carded" poll, so thanks. :)

Mine was funnier. :ermm:

JediTricks
08-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I know, but it was too long for the space the system allows and it would have come up confusing. I have to streamline these things so everybody can use and understand 'em.

stillakid
08-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I know, but it was too long for the space the system allows and it would have come up confusing. I have to streamline these things so everybody can use and understand 'em.

Confusing? :confused: If a person is smart enough to find a store and buy Star Wars toys, god help us that he's smart enough to figure that poll out. :sur:

Ji'dai
08-31-2004, 07:28 PM
How frequently do you watch Star Wars movie(s)?

1. It's been 2 years or longer since my last viewing - I don't want to overdose on Obi-Wan.
2. Once a year - I have an annual Anakin marathon.
3. More than twice a year - I dig four or five annual viewings of Fett family feud.
4. Monthly - I'm good after a monthly Millennium Falcon fix.
5. Weekly - I like to see Wookies weekly you scruffy-looking nerfherder.
6. Daily - I need my daily dose of Darth, dammit!

Who are your favorite Star Wars troops?

1. Battle Droids (Regular, Super, Destroyer)
2. Imperial Stormtroopers (Regular, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Scouts, Pilots)
3. Rebel Alliance (Tantive IV, Hoth, Endor, Pilots)
4. Clone Troopers (Regular, ARC, Pilots)

Deoxyribonucleic
09-01-2004, 11:09 AM
that first poll idea is awesome ji'dai *thumbs up! :)

JediTricks
09-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks Ji'dai, I used that first option just now (with some modifications, of course ;)), I wanted to do it now before the OT DVDs came out and altered the poll's results, I actually put this week's original poll idea on hold just for that reason. I'll keep that other one in mind for later, I'm always running out of poll ideas.

Keep 'em coming gang.

The 'Xir
09-07-2004, 02:25 AM
Poll idea:

Follow up: If yes, how much would you be willing to pay for this opportunity? An extra dollar per figure? 2 dollars? 5 dollars? What is the "ceiling" that you'd pay for this service that takes the middleman out of the equation?

Or, since the retailer is out of the picture, should the price be less per unit?

Stilla? If you take the middle man out of the equation, then why would you have to pay more? You could still pay the same prices that the toys are now, and I'm sure Hasbro would love to get all of these profits! However, the only reason I think this wouldn't happen is, I think it would be a logistical and costly nightmare for Hasbro to keep up with shipping demands! That's why regional distributors were created! Besides I'm a wholesaler, and you're cutting me out of the profit margin! ;) J/K Once in awhile some of my Chinese importers will have cases of figures and toys, but most of what they get is older figures, that have been on the shelves for awhile. They're more likely to be closeouts then direct imports! I bet you anything If I looked hard enough I could probably still find some cases of Episode I figures!!! :stupid: :ermm:

stillakid
09-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Stilla? If you take the middle man out of the equation, then why would you have to pay more?

That extra dollar or so is an incentive to the manufacturer to offer a direct sales service. Why? I assume that retailers wouldn't be so happy with the idea so that extra income to the manufacturer could make up for lost contracts and such.

JediTricks
09-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Stilla? If you take the middle man out of the equation, then why would you have to pay more? You could still pay the same prices that the toys are now, and I'm sure Hasbro would love to get all of these profits! However, the only reason I think this wouldn't happen is, I think it would be a logistical and costly nightmare for Hasbro to keep up with shipping demands! That's why regional distributors were created! Besides I'm a wholesaler, and you're cutting me out of the profit margin! ;) J/K Once in awhile some of my Chinese importers will have cases of figures and toys, but most of what they get is older figures, that have been on the shelves for awhile. They're more likely to be closeouts then direct imports! I bet you anything If I looked hard enough I could probably still find some cases of Episode I figures!!! :stupid: :ermm:
Hasbro could not continue if they did this, first off, it's against their LFL license, but secondly, Hasbro gets by through the use of "retail partners", these large retail chains like WM and Target and TRU and even Costco that all agree to do business with Hasbro so long as Hasbro does not directly compete for their business. Finally, if you take the middleman out of the equation, Hasbro will lose tons of sales from casual buyers who make up the power behind the line.

stillakid
09-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Poll idea:

If you were just starting to collect today and had all the toys available to you, but only enough money to get half of them, would you:

A) start with the Original Trilogy characters. If there is any money left, I'll dig into my favorite Prequel toys.

B) start with the Prequel characters. If there is any money left, I'll buy some Original Trilogy toys.

C) Start with my favorite characters of the entire saga no matter which film(s) they came from.

stillakid
09-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Poll Idea:

Even though the Hasbro license extends to (JT, fill in date here), how long do you think they'll really keep making Star Wars toys?

A) no later than the end of 2005
B) no later than the end of 2006
C) no later than the end of 2007
D) no later than the end of 2008
E) no later than the end of 2009
F) Other...later than 2009 but not as long as the license
G) as long as the license holds out

JediTricks
09-10-2004, 10:51 PM
It's 2018, and I'll make sure to keep the ideas in here in mind.

Kidhuman
09-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Poll Idea:

SInce we just voted on the never before been made figures and posted a Top 50 here is the Question.....

Out of this list what percentage of figures would you most likely purchase???

100%...bring them on now Hasbro
75%.....most of them
50%.....roughly half, I only get obscure aliens or main characters
25%....boring list
0%.....they all suck

Here is the link to the top 50 list: :beard: (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=349492&postcount=101)

stillakid
09-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Poll idea:

Click all that apply:

A) I give Star Wars toys as gifts on occasion to kids or other collectors I know.

B) ALL of my collection is from purchases I've made.

C) Some of my collection was given to me as gifts from others.

D) I don't receive Star Wars items as gifts because I get everything I need as soon as it comes out.

stillakid
10-03-2004, 01:21 AM
Poll idea:

Lots of figures, not so many vehicles or playsets. Which of the following would be your FIRST choice if given the opportunity to tell Hasbro what you wanted most?

A) Queen's ship from the beginning of AOTC
B) Darth Maul's ship from TPM
C) Federation ship from TPM
D) Underwater ship from TPM
E) Any of the unproduced Podracers from TPM
F) Kamino playset
G) Senate playset
H) Palpatine's chamber playset

(poll editor, please fill in any other ideas that I might have missed. Thanks!)

DarthQuack
10-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Palpy's Chamber playset.

JediTricks
10-18-2004, 10:04 PM
Stilla, I used your last idea. I was going to make it multiple choice, but felt everybody would just pick all of 'em and that seemed like it would negate the poll. So thanks for the poll, keep 'em coming gang!

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
JT, why not use the idea from the top of this page? I know you posted your doubts, but I would like ot see how 500 people would vote on it. I bet the majority is 50% of the list or better. ;) :beard:

stillakid
10-19-2004, 12:10 AM
How much is too much?

Given no choice and the insatiable desire to continue the hobby, how much is too much? What price point would STOP you from buying new basic action figures and essentially end your participation in the hobby?

A) $7
B) $8
C) $9
D) $10
E) $11
F) $12 +

Kidhuman
10-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Sort of going in line with STill's last post:

How do you feel about the price raise to 6.99 for basic figures?

Dont care, I will still buy them, I am a COMPLETEIST
It will make me pick and choose for what I want
I will limit spending to figures alone, not vehicles and such
I will stop collecting all together now.

mastermatt24
10-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Sort of going in line with STill's last post:

How do you feel about the price raise to 6.99 for basic figures?

Im still going to buy them.. But I still think that it is a bunch of B$.. I wouldnt mind paying a DOLLAR more, but $7 bucks for ONE figure, come on!! Thats a lot of money. Tycho is going to have to save even more money! ;) I think the price is due to the wacky packaging.. (And I could careless about the packaging)

mastermatt24
10-27-2004, 06:38 PM
How much is too much?

Given no choice and the insatiable desire to continue the hobby, how much is too much?

$7 is too much but if it goes to $8 I think I will end up buying only what appeals to me and NOTHING else. I think hasblow is somewhat ruining collecting by rasing the prices so much. How are young kids supposed to collect these??? Sometimes I think hasbro just doesnt think.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Since we justhad the last big launch of any new movie yearfigures, what will you do when this last stretch is over?

A. Give it up for good.
B. Continue on with TV show figs.
C. Switch to another line of collecting.
D. Undecided.

Edit:

E. Fill in holes in the collection you have

mastermatt24
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Undecided.. Ill have to ask the garage reaaaal nice if I get any more.. :( :nerv:

moulman
04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
I would have to say B and F. I will still collect the new figures, but I expect there wont be as much merchandise to buy. I would really like to get the rest of the figures i need from Ep. 1 and 2, would be nice to have a full set of figures from the second trilogy.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
You dont have to answer here, hopefully it will be an upcoming poll. Tis up to JT though. Just suggestions made here

mastermatt24
04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Oh my bad.. :crazed:
Heres one:
What was your favorite clone wars novel?
Jedi Trial
The Cestus Decption
Hard Contact
Shatter Point
Dark Rendevous
Laybrinth of Evil
Med Star 1
Med Star 2

stillakid
04-19-2005, 09:20 AM
QUESTION:

Have you already decided in your mind that you'll like/enjoy ROTS before seeing it or dislike/not enjoy ROTS before seeing it? Or will you watch with an objective mind ready to judge it honestly no matter what happens?

CHOICES:

A) I don't care what I see up there. It's Star Wars and that means it'll be great from start to finish and I'll have a great time! :)

B) The Prequels have been very disappointing and I don't see how ROTS can possibly be any better than the other two.

C) While the movies have their good points and bad, I don't think it's fair to pre-judge anything one way or the other, so I'm going in prepared to like it if the film merits it or dislike it if it doesn't.

JediTricks
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Heck no I'm not going to put that up, what are you trying to do, get me lynched?!? :D

stillakid
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Heck no I'm not going to put that up, what are you trying to do, get me lynched?!? :D

What's wrong with it? :confused:

JediTricks
04-20-2005, 12:19 AM
It'll get dumped on for being a thinly-veiled suggestion about "prequel-lovers" being blinded to "the truth", whether that claim is accurate or not.

moulman
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
how bout this, I dont know if its been posted already, sorry if it has:

With all that youve seen and heard about ROTS (trailers, tv spots, spoilers), do you think it will rank above any Original Trilogy Movie?

a) Yes, it will be my favirote of all six

b) Yes, but it will be my second favirote

c) Yes, but it will be my third favirote

d) No, it wont rank in my top 3

El Chuxter
05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Which ROTS tie-in promo ad is your favorite?

A) Cingular
B) M&Ms
C) Diet Pepsi
D) Kellogg's
E) Burger King

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Who will you be attending the screenings of "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" with?

Choices are:

a) Family members

b) Friends

c) Solo

d) A combination of a & b

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I can do multiple choice on something like that, but of course if someone puts Solo and another answer it'll skew the results. I think Steve may have a poll in mind already for this upcoming week, but I'll keep yours in mind as well.

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 02:53 AM
How come we hardly ever have polls anymore?
All these good ideas and no polls to go with them.... :neutral:

stillakid
05-14-2005, 02:47 PM
How come we hardly ever have polls anymore?
All these good ideas and no polls to go with them.... :neutral:

Poll Question:

Home come we hardly ever have polls anymore?

A) Ran out of dots to indicate choice.
B) Ramadan
C) A Poll in hand is worth two in the bush.
D) Polls are boring.
E) Nothing ever changes anyway due to poll results, so who gives a crap.

:D

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Honestly, we have polls only every other week lately because I can't always think of a way to impliment a poll - whether it's title or options or the paragraph of descriptive text, I usually feel stymied with these. Besides all the poll ideas here, I even have several of my own pet ideas that haven't come to pass simply because I can't think of a title or it's not the right time or I'm too busy or whatever. You can certainly blame the lack of polls on me, the bottom line is it's my responsibility and I can't always rise to the occasion, "mea culpa". I have been trying to put one up every week lately, but lately the polls have been dictated by major issues in the hobby, so if you keep reminding me about 'em and keep putting up ideas, I will try to do more of them more often and use more of your ideas.

mastermatt24
05-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Honestly, I think that you have enough ideas to last you quite a long time. JUST DO IT! heck, we get lots of new memebers when YOU do the polls- so you just ave to do it more often. You have to make this site more popular than RS! :crazed:

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Gee, no pressure, eh? :crazed: ;)

mastermatt24
05-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Nah! Of course not.... ;)

megaprime33
05-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Based on the new post listed on the front page about which is better, star trek or star wars, after reading that it got me thinking. It mentioned in that small notice, who would win death star or the Borg Cube? That would be an interesting poll with a very nice debate to go with it.

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Hoo boy, Trek vs SW, that's never pretty, we had a pretty heated thread about it a few years ago, I think my scars are still healing. ;) I'm not sure Steve would let me do that one only because he's NEVER seen any sort of Star Trek, totally ignorant of its facets.

megaprime33
05-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Hoo boy, Trek vs SW, that's never pretty, we had a pretty heated thread about it a few years ago, I think my scars are still healing. ;) I'm not sure Steve would let me do that one only because he's NEVER seen any sort of Star Trek, totally ignorant of its facets.
Well I guess it is technically a SW vs. Trek but if everyone keeps it civil it would be an interesting debate. I really would like to know what would win, Death Star or the Borg Cube and a good reason to back up their decision instead of just because.

Ji'dai
05-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Now that Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith has premiered in your part of the galaxy, how many times have you seen it so far?

Did you love it so much you went several times on opening day? Or were you satiated with only one viewing? Maybe you didn’t care for it at all and once was enough!

But whether you loved it or hated it, most fans can agree Star Wars films are visually stunning and repeated viewings are often necessary to appreciate the magnitude, scope, and the grand spectacle of the Star Wars Saga.

· Once
· Twice
· Three times
· Four times
· Five times or more!

PS: The Death Star would blast the Borg Cube into oblivion. I've always considered the weapons technology in Star Wars to be much more advanced than that of Star Trek so it would be no contest.

JediTricks
05-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Interesting poll, timely, that's always a good thing, I'll definitely keep it in mind for this Monday.

A Borg cube would stomp the Death Star because the Death Star is only a threat to non-moving planets while the cube is faster than any Federation craft and very agile for its mass unlike the slow-moving DS. The cube also has transporter technology, simply beam a few "infector" drones over to the DS and in a matter of hours they will control the population and be well on their way to rebuilding the station in their Borg image. ;)

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 03:09 AM
Ji'dai, thanks again for the poll, and I didn't have to change much, which is awesome.

stillakid
05-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Now that Ive seen the film more than once:

A) It's getting better and better :)
B) It's still as good as the first time!
C) It's still as bad as the first time. :(
D) I'm finding more and more wrong with it every time. :mad:

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 07:57 PM
I had planned to ask that question in a month or 2, after some more summer movies come out but well before the build-up to the DVD. Those are good options, I probably will use them. Is there any specific timing issue you have for this poll which I should keep in mind though, why it'd be next week instead of later?

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 07:58 PM
With the release of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith the circle is now complete bringing the series to a close. Some fans felt the prequels never delivered in quite the same way the originals did while others have embraced them, satisfied with the expansion of the story that originated nearly three decades ago. No matter where you fall every fan has an opinion as to what the high point of the series was.

Now that the saga is complete which of the six episodes do you consider your favorite?

-Episode I: The Phantom Menace
-Episode II: Attack of the Clones
-Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
-Episode IV: A New Hope
-Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
-Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

stillakid
06-01-2005, 01:51 AM
I had planned to ask that question in a month or 2, after some more summer movies come out but well before the build-up to the DVD. Those are good options, I probably will use them. Is there any specific timing issue you have for this poll which I should keep in mind though, why it'd be next week instead of later?

Nah, whenever. I just popped in my head this morning so I typed it out. :)

stillakid
06-06-2005, 05:34 PM
With the Saga finished, which version of the Classic Trilogy will you use to compliment the Prequel films?

A) The Originals (VHS) (1977, 1980, 1983)
B) the Special Editions (VHS) (1997)
C) the Extra Special Editions (DVD) (2004)
D) or the eventual new boxed set which undoubtedly will contain new versions of all the films. (TBD)
E) None, the original films bore me because I've got a short attention span and video games to get back to.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Which one of these scenarios is "crazier":

A) Lord Malakite walking a 5 mile round trip each week to be at BK at 5am for the newest wave of Star Wars toys,

or

B) Me driving for over 15 hours in a snowstorm to visit the Superman Museum in Illinois?

Hellboy
06-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Both scenarios sound pretty crazy and plausible to me JF96. So I'd have to go with:
C) All of the above :D

Another poll idea:

In all six of the Star Wars films we're treated to a high-speed chase sequence.
Which is your favorite?

TPM: The Boonta Eve Challenge Pod Race on Tatooine
AOTC: Anakin and Obi-Wan pursue Zam Wesell through the skyline of Coruscant
ROTS: Obi-Wan pursues General Grievous on the sink-hole planet of Utapau
ANH: The Rebels flying through the Death Star canyon pursued by TIE Fighters
ESB: The Empire pursues the Millennium Falcon through an asteroid field
ROTJ: Luke & Leia pursue a group of Scout Troopers on the forest moon of Endor

stillakid
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Both scenarios sound pretty crazy and plausible to me JF96. So I'd have to go with:
C) All of the above :D

Another poll idea:

In all six of the Star Wars films we're treated to a high-speed chase sequence.
Which is your favorite?

TPM: The Boonta Eve Challenge Pod Race on Tatooine
AOTC: Anakin and Obi-Wan pursue Zam Wesell through the skyline of Coruscant
ROTS: Obi-Wan pursues General Grievous on the sink-hole planet of Utapau
ANH: The Rebels flying through the Death Star canyon pursued by TIE Fighters
ESB: The Empire pursues the Millennium Falcon through an asteroid field
ROTJ: Luke & Leia pursue a group of Scout Troopers on the forest moon of Endor

Good one! :)

stillakid
06-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Poll question:

Which Star Wars male would you most like to get into a relationship with?

A) Luke Skywalker
B) Anakin Skywalker (disfunctional)
C) Obi Wan Kenobi
D) Lando Calrissian
E) Mace Windu
F) Wuher

Which Star Wars alien would you most like to ... um..."figure" out after catching a movie?

A) Hammerhead
B) Ackbar
C) Salacious Crumb
D) Taun We
E) Jar Jar Binks
F) Dexter Jettster

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Which of the PT movies had the best theme?
A) "Duel of the Fates", The Phantom Menace
B) "Across the Stars", Attack of the Clones
C) "Battle of the Heroes", Revenge of the Sith

Rocketboy
07-06-2005, 10:30 PM
What are your thoughts about the possible cancellation of the Unleashed line?
A) Nooooooooooooooooooo!
B) That kinda sucks - those were pretty cool.
C) Didn't buy 'em, so it doesn't matter to me.
D) It's about flippin' time.

mastermatt24
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Is that ture??? :confused:

Rocketboy
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Sadly, it appears so.

:cry:

JediTricks
07-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the "best chase" idea Hellboy, I just used it.

Hellboy
07-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Cool JT, glad you liked the idea. :)

Slicker
07-23-2005, 10:50 PM
With the release of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith the circle is now complete bringing the series to a close. Some fans felt the prequels never delivered in quite the same way the originals did while others have embraced them, satisfied with the expansion of the story that originated nearly three decades ago. No matter where you fall every fan has an opinion as to what the high point of the series was.

Now that the saga is complete which of the six episodes do you consider your favorite?

-Episode I: The Phantom Menace
-Episode II: Attack of the Clones
-Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
-Episode IV: A New Hope
-Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
-Episode VI: Return of the JediI was sitting on the couch watching TV and thought of this poll but figured someone had already thought of it. I'm sure it's being planned out but nows as good a time as any seeing as ROTS is nearly out of theaters. It's actually kind of a waste of a poll though seeing as Empire is the king of all SW movies.:p

stillakid
07-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Poll Question:

If you had to or wanted to get rid of your collection, would you:

A) Sell it all off in one giant "lot"
B) Sell it off in pieces
C) Donate it to charity or to kids you know
D) Burn/bury/destroy it

Battle Droid
07-23-2005, 11:55 PM
Does Hasbro suck at distributing toys?

Only one voting option, YES!

Kidhuman
07-24-2005, 12:22 AM
What is the best side line for ROTS

Galactic Heroes
Force Battlers
Jedi Force
Mpire
Attacktix
and whatever else

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Poll Question:

B) Sell it off in pieces
D) Burn/bury/destroy it
E) Give it to Lowly Bantha Cleaner

Hey, how did that last option get in there?

stillakid
07-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey, how did that last option get in there?

Sorry, how did I manage to leave that off the first time? :sur:

Slicker
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
What is the best Han and Leia kissing scene:

1) While repairing the Falcon in the asteroid field
2) On Cloud City before Han gets frozen
3) When Han gets unfrozen from the Carbonite
4) End of ROTJ after hearing Luke is Leia's brother

I thought of this the other day and figured I'd throw it out there.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-11-2005, 10:01 PM
What is the best Han and Leia kissing scene:

1) While repairing the Falcon in the asteroid field
2) On Cloud City before Han gets frozen
3) When Han gets unfrozen from the Carbonite
4) End of ROTJ after hearing Luke is Leia's brother

I thought of this the other day and figured I'd throw it out there.

Don't forget the cut scene from ESB when Han walks in on Leia while she was changing into her regal threads on Bespin :crazed:

Slicker
08-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Don't forget the cut scene from ESB when Han walks in on Leia while she was changing into her regal threads on Bespin :crazed:Ah, yes. I thought in the back of my mind that there were 5 scenes I had thought of. I'll edit it if I can.

JediTricks
08-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Now that Ive seen the film more than once:

A) It's getting better and better :)
B) It's still as good as the first time!
C) It's still as bad as the first time. :(
D) I'm finding more and more wrong with it every time. :mad:
poll up, thanks stilla!

stillakid
09-02-2005, 07:15 PM
poll up, thanks stilla!

Thanks! :)

Here's another one. Timely.

QUESTION:

How is the state of the economy (gas prices) affecting your collecting habits?
A) Not at all. I'm still driving around and buying as always.
B) Somewhat. I've cut down on my driving and am willing to wait to get new items.
C) A bunch. I don't want to drive around as much so I'm resorting to the internet or not buying at all.
D) Completely. It's hard enough to pay for gas and other items right now and Star Wars toys are a luxury I can't afford for the time being.

Ji'dai
11-02-2005, 08:46 PM
The circle is now complete: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith has now been released on home video. All six episodes in the Star Wars Saga are now available for private showings in your very own home theatre.

Did you buy a copy of Episode III on the first day/week of release or plan on picking it up soon? Or did you put the title on your birthday/christmas wish list and you hope to receive it as a gift? Or maybe you're holding out for some 'definitive' set containing the entire Saga in one collection.

Whatever the reason, did you or did you not buy the last installment in the Star Wars Saga?

Yes
No

Ji'dai
12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
With Christmas nearly upon us and the biggest shopping season of the year drawing to a close, did you give the gift of Star Wars to family and friends this year? If so, what did you give them?

Nothing (family/friends not interested in Star Wars).
Yes, action figures
Yes, toy vehicles
Yes, role play
Yes, LEGO sets
Yes, collector vehicles (e.g. Code3)
Yes, statues/busts
Yes, props/replicas
Yes, comics, books, cards, or posters
Yes, video games
Yes, home video (VHS/DVD)

Companion poll:

When you hang your stocking by the chimney with care, do you hope that Santa will put Aayla in there? Do visions of Stormtroopers dance through your head? Does your Christmas list sport remote-controlled R2's that talk and will go for a walk or a pair of Han Solo boots and a Clone pistol that shoots? Well, this week's poll wants to know whether you asked Santa for anything Star Wars this year, and if so, what was it?

Nothing
Yes, action figures
Yes, toy vehicles
Yes, role play
Yes, LEGO sets
Yes, collector vehicles (Code3)
Yes, statues/busts
Yes, props/replicas
Yes, comics, books, cards, or posters
Yes, video games
Yes, home video (VHS/DVD)

Tycho
12-18-2005, 04:41 AM
Do you see yourself dramatically scaling back your Star Wars collecting for 2006?

- Yes. I'm quitting. Been there done that.
- Yes, I'm not buying 80% or more of what's coming out there.
- Yes, I'm not buying half of what they plan to release.
- No, I'm picking and choosing, but I'll still plan on buying a lot.
- No, I'll be shopping like I'd always been. The new stuff looks good.

Slicker
12-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Do you see yourself dramatically scaling back your Star Wars collecting for 2006?

- No, I'll be shopping like I'd always been. The new stuff looks good.That's a good poll idea Tycho. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing this one sometime soon.

JediTricks
12-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Slicker's right, we'll be seeing that one in January no doubt (but not the first week's poll, that'd be too much a downer).

As for Ji'dai's poll ideas, I can't do them both tomorrow, so my choices are either to do a merged poll with compressed options for both give and receive (toys, higher-end collectibles, video games, movies) or post the "receive" poll on the day after Christmas which would change its nature, I'd have to decide whether to go with an "actually got" poll or another merged-concept poll of "asked for VS actually got". To be honest, I'm currently leaning towards doing the merged "give AND receive" poll this Monday and possibly not posting a poll next Monday at all, but if anybody has any opinions on this, I haven't made up my mind for sure and will gladly listen.

JediTricks
12-19-2005, 03:10 PM
With no feedback, I went with my first instinct combining the Give and Receive options, as well as adding a thing about SW ornaments as the filler slot (I had an extra and it hadn't been asked, so I figured why not). I also changed Aayla to Yoda in the poem part as I thought it would work better overall (that way it could appeal to both PT and OT fans without thought).

Ji'dai
12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Combining the polls is fine with me, I don't expect ya to have to come to work the day after Christmas and post a new poll ;)

It's funny, but I associate Yoda with the OT more than the PT, so that's why I put Aayla in there. Plus I figger a bunch of geeky fan boys would prefer to get a hot blue Twilek chick in their stockings rather than a shrivelled green gnome.

That poetry isn't corny! Those verses come from such classics as "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and the song "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas."

JediTricks
12-20-2005, 02:09 AM
None of which had Star Wars in mind when they were written. :D

Yoda is actually in the prequels *more* than the OT, scary huh?

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 04:30 PM

- No, I'll be shopping like I'd always been. The new stuff looks good.
Ok, poll posted Tycho. Hopefully they read that YOU came up with the poll and not ME! :p

Tycho
01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Cool JT. I'll be headed there to post and vote in a few minutes. I think one of the best things SW will leave us (besides dust and storage problems) is the friendships we've formed around here. They may just last longer than the talent pool (?) at Hasbro does.

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
"You pick JT's new avatar". Professor Farnsworth has run his course. Plus, his creepy little mouth thing always weirds me out.

JT picks 5 possible avatars and we tell him what to do for a change.:p

mastermatt24
02-13-2006, 05:44 PM
I think I may be to blame for his non-changing avatar. A LONG time back he changed it to the professor from gilligans island. (i think it was him)When I first saw it I thought it was a picture of Tycho (from real life) lol So I told him and then he changed it back.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
JT changes his tar occasionally. About three times in the last few years, but he always goes back to Farnsworth after a week or so.

Tycho
02-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I look like the Professor from Gilligan's Island? Doesn't he end up with Marry-Anne? I'll take that! :love:

[Imagines being stranded on a beautiful tropical island with a fine brunette with a coconut shell bikini].

"Aruba, Jamaica, oh I wanna take you. When we get to KoKoMo, oh yeah that's where we're going to go...."

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
I like holo-Farnsworth's slackjawed gawking, I use it on all the forums I visit, I made his mouth go open and his eyebrow wrinkle go up, I animated and did the "holo" on it. Poor Farnsworth, they'll never take you seriously as a scientist with a body like that.

mastermatt24
02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Oh well.. If you like it then go ahead and keep it. Whenever I see him I think JT.
Im mastermatt24 where ever I go.. but I dont keep the same tars'.

Rocketboy
02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
And thanks to CS1138, everytime I read one of JT's posts, I hear Prof. Farnsworth's voice in my head.

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2006, 09:28 PM
And thanks to CS1138, everytime I read one of JT's posts, I hear Prof. Farnsworth's voice in my head.HAW! Eat it, Richards!

Seriously though, I crack myself up reading JT's posts in that voice. I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Good new everyone: I have been doing that for years now.

Tycho
02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Good new everyone: I have been doing that for years now.

Can someone translate that for me?

mastermatt24
02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Reading it in ithe professors voice? (?)

Darth Cruel
02-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I would like to see a poll asking who is going to support the UGH campaign. The answer choices could be:

1) Yes - I'm a scalper and I see dollar signs when I think of it.
2) Yes - I have "hook-ups" and I'll gets me mine!
3) Yes - I will slave like a dog to find them on the pegs.
4) Yes - But only if I happen to find them without any extra effort.
5) No - Just not interested
6) No - I am interested, but don't have the extra funds
7) No - I am not interested in encouraging Hasbro's stupidity.
8) Other - Read my post for my reason.

Kidhuman
02-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Reading it in ithe professors voice? (?)

Yes, thats exactly what I do with a JT post.

Tycho
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
JT, I was scouring the Just Found forums and observed that many collectors on this site are really concentrated in the SoCal area - no one would deny that the LA Just Found Thread is the largest monster on this site!

I'd suggest a series of polls that might be of interest to Steve even for which to use to solicit advertising (by EE, or other local dealers). It's probably misleading, but judging ONLY by posts on this site, there are no SW collectors in Wyoming, for example and barely anyone in RI - Hasbro's home state. So I recommend:

Week 1) What country / state do you live in / currently reside in (for military exceptions)?

- 50+ possible responses including Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Turkey, Australia, etc. and NorCal / SoCal separation (in ABC order under California). Is it at all possible that SW collecting is a regional cultural phenomena?

Week 2) Do you know other people in your local area who collect Star Wars? (Y/N)

Week 3) How did you hear about SirStevesGuide.com?

- web search for Star Wars or related topic
- link from other Star Wars fan site
- link from other Figures.com web site
- word of mouth from friend
- word of mouth from random at your toy retailer
- exposure at a Star Wars event, movie, or convention
- other

I'm curious if people from Vermont think we're nuts or something? Or do they just have other priorities in Kentucky, like tractor pulls or something? Does SSG come up often in websearches, or did you find out about it through a friend or a random babbling on about it in the toy isle?

scruffziller
03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Poll Question:

B) Sell it off in pieces
D) Burn/bury/destroy it

OT and all!!!!:eek:

Surely you Stilla can't subscribe to say that the PT's taint spoils the OT's legacy.:cry:

Tycho
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM
If you burned it, imagine the smell! :love:

You didn't put "eat it" as one of your choices. Deep down I've always thought that's where Mouse Droid sniffing will lead its addicts. After snorting for a while you'll get the munchies and then suddenly you'll find out you're missing several Gungans and Ewoks and....

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Week 1) What country / state do you live in / currently reside in (for military exceptions)?

- 50+ possible responses including Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Turkey, Australia, etc. and NorCal / SoCal separation (in ABC order under California). Is it at all possible that SW collecting is a regional cultural phenomena?A 50+ option poll would be quite impossible, I'd have to do 5 simultaneous polls for all the options to show up. I love that your follow-up poll takes us from 50 options to 2. :p

JT, I was scouring the Just Found forums and observed that many collectors on this site are really concentrated in the SoCal area - no one would deny that the LA Just Found Thread is the largest monster on this site!The LA thread is a little misleading, there are only about 10 true "regular" posters in there, and they treat it as their own collectors' club (with permission) so you get a lot of posts - the view-to-post ratio for the thread is about 22 to 1 which decent for the forums but not outrageous. I think the reason you see LA getting so much attention is that it's a very large city (40 miles across) and even larger county, it's the second most populous in the union but has enough area so that there are tons of stores (unlike New York, the first most populous, which has far fewer retailers in the city because of how limited space is there), all this makes LA a bigger collecting market for the simple reason that it is possible, having even created a significant undermarket in the form of organized scalpers. But perhaps LA on-target with regards to the per-capita collecting stats and it's just the large concentration of people and stores which maximizes these numbers, there are fewer people in Rhode Island so there are naturally fewer collectors. Meanwhile, Colorado is 24th in population in the union and 8th in area, yet appears to have a higher-than-average post count in their Just Found forums here.

Anyway, I will keep it in mind, but I don't like doing "marketing" polls, I prefer doing ones that are of interest to the readers foremost.

Tycho
03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
5 Options? Hmmm. How about:

1) The West
2) The North
3) The South
4) The East
5) Off from mainland USA

We could gauge collectors by region. However, I know there can be more options than 5, and the poll would still have to list the states covered by the options in order to help the directionally challenged.

It would still be interesting to me to learn if people in Mississippi think we're morons for collecting this stuff and this is only a metropolitan USA phenomena (LA, SF, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York, Chicago, Indy, etc.) and if no one in Wyoming has even heard of this site even?

Kidhuman
03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
When you say the city JT, are you refering to only Manhattan? If you count the 5 buroughs, it has a ton of stores. Just pick a direction and you can hit 3-8 stores with in twenty minutes.

jedi master sal
03-06-2006, 12:45 PM

Week 2) Do you know other people in your local area who collect Star Wars? (Y/N)

Week 3) How did you hear about SirStevesGuide.com?

- web search for Star Wars or related topic
- link from other Star Wars fan site
- link from other Figures.com web site
- word of mouth from friend
- word of mouth from random at your toy retailer
- exposure at a Star Wars event, movie, or convention
- other

I'm curious if people from Vermont think we're nuts or something? Or do they just have other priorities in Kentucky, like tractor pulls or something? Does SSG come up often in websearches, or did you find out about it through a friend or a random babbling on about it in the toy isle?

1) Pittsburgh, PA
2) Yes, MANY
3) I find out about it from another guy babbling on about it in the toy isle.
4) They think YOU'RE nuts...heh heh

-Sal

Tycho
03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
My friend Julie sent me this to find out my "squirrel name:"

http://www.cheekysquirrel.net/squirrelname/

It responded to me as Major Nutkins, LOL.

Darth Cruel
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Admiral Crazypaws...I have to make sure my family and friends never find out I typed my name in there. It seems the squirl groups are organized in military style. At least nobody can outrank me.

mastermatt24
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
It kills me to say mine.... :cry: Scampy Smallnuts :cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tycho
03-07-2006, 09:49 PM
ROTFLOL MasterMatt! However... no nevermind. I don't want to know. But that's freaking hilarious!

mastermatt24
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Its not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear!!

Darth Cruel
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Its not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear!!

The simple fact that you posted the information on this forum is absolute inarguable proof that it could not possibly be true! You are exculpated!

jedi master sal
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
My friend Julie sent me this to find out my "squirrel name:"

http://www.cheekysquirrel.net/squirrelname/

It responded to me as Major Nutkins, LOL.

Furry Bignuts.....

My gawd, how did they know......
I have moldy walnuts in the fridge.

Funny.

Now that I've had my serving of Spam this morning, let's get back on topic please, heh heh.

Tycho
03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
One more favor for the young initiates:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exculpated

Thank you Darth Cruel: I learned my "new word for the day:"

exculpate
One entry found for exculpate.

Main Entry: ex·cul·pate
Pronunciation: 'ek-(")sk&l-"pAt, (")ek-'
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -pat·ed; -pat·ing
Etymology: Medieval Latin exculpatus, past participle of exculpare, from Latin ex- + culpa blame
: to clear from alleged fault or guilt
- ex·cul·pa·tion /"ek-(")sk&l-'pA-sh&n/ noun
synonyms EXCULPATE, ABSOLVE, EXONERATE, ACQUIT, VINDICATE mean to free from a charge. EXCULPATE implies a clearing from blame or fault often in a matter of small importance <exculpating himself from the charge of overenthusiasm>. ABSOLVE implies a release either from an obligation that binds the conscience or from the consequences of disobeying the law or committing a sin <cannot be absolved of blame>. EXONERATE implies a complete clearance from an accusation or charge and from any attendant suspicion of blame or guilt <exonerated by the investigation>. ACQUIT implies a formal decision in one's favor with respect to a definite charge <voted to acquit the defendant>. VINDICATE may refer to things as well as persons that have been subjected to critical attack or imputation of guilt, weakness, or folly, and implies a clearing effected by proving the unfairness of such criticism or blame <her judgment was vindicated>.

I will try to further use this in my posts.Remember kids - developing your language skills begins with practice at home! :)

Darth Cruel
03-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, my motto HAS always been...Educate, exculpate, or medicate!

stillakid
03-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Poll Idea:

I will:

A) Post exclusively as SSG
B) Post at SSG and the new StevesGuide.com
C) Post exclusively at StevesGuide.com

At the new StevesGuide.com, I will:

A) keep my SSG identity
B) change to a new identity

Tycho
03-24-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm going to become Stillakid :crazed:

Actually, Caesar and JediTricks are my runner-ups.

Hellboy
03-24-2006, 04:05 AM
I've got dibs on Deadeye. :crazed:

stillakid
03-24-2006, 08:23 AM
I was just thinking...maybe Steve should hand out names himself based on who we are on the board...

For instance, I would be something like "literalistboy" or "prequelhater001"

If Steve named you, what do you think your own name would be...HONESTLY.

There's a NEW thread in the making!!!!!

Slicker
03-24-2006, 09:26 AM
I think my name would be "Hasn'thadaseriouspost". I can't recall one single relevant post I've had.

Tycho
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
If Steve named you, what do you think your own name would be...HONESTLY.

With the auto-censor still engaged, I don't think I can yet post that.

I especially can't post it if he left it up to JT or Caesar to name me, hehe.

Honestly, I'll probably be "Tycho" again on the new boards, just so people will know I'm still the True Me and not a False Me, becase that is the Real Me.

If I don't get that name, how can I really cross over anyway? We all know each other by our screen names and even have to think about it for a second on MySpace where there are several "Brians" and whomevers, plus I'm not the only "Josh" (as IIRC, RocketBoy is "Josh" as well). But I could use my real first and last name, as I do sometimes when I acted as a reporter for this site.

I'd probably feel compelled to post less non-sense under my real name, though. "Tycho" was a unique personality I invented to play with. If someone else grabs that name, I'll be forever private messaging them saying "No! You have to post weirder stuff than that!"

JediTricks
03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I already had my username picked out, "James T Kirk", but changed it to the recognizable one because that's how I roll, foo!

Tycho
03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, "Mike" - I think we should just be ourselves (by that I mean our screen names we always had) on the new site. That's how we've identified each other for years anyway. At conventions when I am there in person, I even respond to Tycho as often as I do, "Josh."

They call, Steve, "Steve" too ;)

mastermatt24
03-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Pardon my stupididty, but did I miss something about steve changing the site?
I guess my name could be masterdumbass or mattelipsies....

mastermatt24
03-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Nvm. I found/read the thread. :hurt:

El Chuxter
03-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Who sucks the most?

1) Slicker's mom
2) Slicker's mom
3) Slicker's mom
4) Slicker's mom
5) Chuck Woolery

Tycho
03-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Chuxter, since you know so much about this topic, I've arranged for you to take a paternity test on the Jerry Springer Show. Some of us here suspect you of being Slicker's Dad.

I can hear it now. It all starts with a private message from you to Slicker: "You don't know the power of the Dark Side...."

Kidhuman
03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I pick A in your poll Chux.

Tycho
03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
While there's time, JEDITRICKS, I suggest a poll idea:

Do you care about Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt offerings?

1) Yes - I'm collecting them all to keep carded
2) No - I could care less because it is a cheap ploy and randoms are chasing them.
3) If I see one more Hot Wheels scalper cross into MY toy isle, I might be facing murder or assault charges - then Hasbro would lose me as well as many of their other customers because we'd be in jail!

Slicker
03-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Who sucks the most?

1) Slicker's mom
2) Slicker's mom
3) Slicker's mom
4) Slicker's mom
5) Chuck WooleryI'm gonna go with 4. She does suck the most.

stillakid
03-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Who sucks the most?

1) Slicker's mom
2) Slicker's mom
3) Slicker's mom
4) Slicker's mom
5) Chuck Woolery

6) Burt Convey

JediTricks
03-26-2006, 03:15 PM
While there's time, JEDITRICKS, I suggest a poll idea:

Do you care about Hasbro's Ultimate Galactic Hunt offerings?

1) Yes - I'm collecting them all to keep carded
2) No - I could care less because it is a cheap ploy and randoms are chasing them.
3) If I see one more Hot Wheels scalper cross into MY toy isle, I might be facing murder or assault charges - then Hasbro would lose me as well as many of their other customers because we'd be in jail!
That's a pretty good poll....

jjreason
03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
How 'bout this one?

How inappropriate do you consider ACTION Online's behaviour in regards to not allowing SirSteve to buy back his site-name?

a) Inappropriate.

b) Really inappropriate.

c) Morally incorrigible.

d) A sin they'll suffer eternally in hell for.

stillakid
03-26-2006, 04:17 PM
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A) 2 logs worth
B) A full cord
C) The spotted Owl is in trouble
D) :beard:

Tycho
03-26-2006, 06:48 PM
He would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

-Yeah. I had to double check that one to see if I got it right...

El Chuxter
03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Which is still more wood than Slicker's mom can chuck.

CaptainSolo1138
03-27-2006, 08:08 AM
If you were going to hide from stillakid, where would you go?
A) Underneath the brake pads of a Honda
B) Underneath the soap
C) Inside the Episode I DVD case
D) shaunhannity.com

Tycho
03-27-2006, 08:13 AM
The Episode One DVD case would definitely work!

How about a True or False Poll for a change?

stillakid
03-27-2006, 08:57 AM
The Episode One DVD case would definitely work!
Especially since it's holding up a table!

How about a True or False Poll for a change?

Poll:

I would not answer a True/False poll:

A) True
B) False

JimJamBonds
03-27-2006, 03:08 PM
"How many threads that are more then two months old will Caesar post on in the next two weeks."

A) 15-25
B) 25-35
C) 35-45
D) 45+

jedi master sal
03-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Who is the most valuable SSG member?

I won't name names here, but there are several that come to mind as great members in good standing who have contributed quite a bit over the years. Whether that be comically, seriously, with lists, etc

JT you and Steve would pick the people in the poll (And no neither you nor Steve is eligible to be a name in the poll).

-Sal

Rocketboy
03-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Who is the most valuable SSG member?Oviously it's Sir Steve.
Shouldn't that be 2nd most valuable member?
:D

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Who is the most valuable SSG member?
Slicker's mom. Without her we'd only have about half the total number of posts on this site.

jjreason
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Slicker's mom and posts go together, no doubts there. She also gets along well with poles and shafts.

Slicker
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Slicker's mom and posts go together, no doubts there. But unfortunately jj's moms legs don't go together.:cry:

jjreason
03-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Do you mean that her legs are removed, or that she can't close them? Either way, I'm concerned about the poor dear!!! :(

JediTricks
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Geez Sal, why not just ask us to start a riot? :p

jedi master sal
03-29-2006, 10:17 PM
I meant no harm.

It's obvious Steve then you are the most valuable. I was just talking about the rest of us.

JediTricks
03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I meant no harm.

It's obvious Steve then you are the most valuable. I was just talking about the rest of us.
No mods either! ;)

UKWildcat
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
We need a new poll. What about something like this?

Will you buy the OT dvds?

A. Yes
B. No
C. Maybe

Just a thought.

Kidhuman
05-24-2006, 03:02 AM
I say add F'in A right I am buying them.

UKWildcat
05-25-2006, 12:28 AM
I say add F'in A right I am buying them.

Yes, that could be an option I reckon.

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Are you up for a new poll?

Yes
No
Meh

UKWildcat
05-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Si senor....

mastermatt24
05-31-2006, 12:21 AM
At the other place we could make all the polls we wanted. :rolleyes: ;)

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 01:26 AM
And nobody ever voted on any of 'em. :p

mastermatt24
06-01-2006, 12:34 AM
I did make that poll that people did vote in. I remeber! It was about if you knew how to put a picture in your sig line. Honestly- you could go look for it! :D

UKWildcat
06-01-2006, 02:47 AM
What about the OT dvd poll? I'm curious as to see how many people will not pick up these dvds because of the non-anamorphic release?

plasticfetish
06-03-2006, 05:28 AM
What about the OT dvd poll? I'm curious as to see how many people will not pick up these dvds because of the non-anamorphic release?Why, so we know who we're going to point, laugh and throw rocks at? :D

Not a bad idea to do a "yes, no, maybe" poll, and to ask for reasons... see if that's one of them.

-----

JT, have we ever done a "what's your favorite EU category" poll?

timmae
06-04-2006, 02:22 AM
meh, i am not getting them. i'd buy the clonewars cartoons first. but will probrobly not get them either.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Why, so we know who we're going to point, laugh and throw rocks at? :D

Not a bad idea to do a "yes, no, maybe" poll, and to ask for reasons... see if that's one of them.

-----

JT, have we ever done a "what's your favorite EU category" poll?
I haven't, Tycho may have when he was in charge of polls, but I don't remember one.

Tycho
06-04-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think I did that either.

I really wanted EU polls to coincide with Rogues' Gallery (when I was doing that) so that those that didn't read a series, would get the lowdown on a era and have some info when deciding "if those sound cool or not." For example, when Mark Hurray (Mark from RS) and I were doing our polls off-site and there was a brief time when RS and SSG were cooperating on that project, we offered up Queen Amoana and Warb Null (who????) alongside Nomi Sunrider and Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun (the later 3 who's names you'd probably recognize). But it made no sense to put Kir Kanos and a Yuuzhan Vong mixed in with those choices. It also helped if the uninitiated got some background on TOTJ and 4,000 years ago wasn't confused with 30 years after ROTJ and NJO - because even if you never read a NJO book, I'm sure you could figure out that Jaina Solo was Han Solo's daughter and who her likely mother was.

If an EU figure poll was done, the best way to do it would be like Kidhuman did his 5-movie most-wanted poll about the time we all fought over my scene-by-scene approach to the movies. (Funny how the 2 methods nearly produced the same list of figures, though, huh? It sure impressed Hasbro who's now done at least 10 of the 50 and a few of the runners up like Gragga and Dud Bolt).

But in any case, it's daunting for me to even list my own Top 50 EUs - I mean if you're going to have Ulic, you're probably going to have Exar and Nomi, but Warb Null and Naga Sadow's spirit would make awesome additions, but take out possible space on your list for Jacen and Jaina, who'd need Yuuzhan Vong to fight, Nom Anor and Supreme Lord Shimra to lead them, etc. Meanwhile, Kir Kanos needs Mirith Senn and Carnor Jax, Zannibar, etc. to really do that series, let alone variations like Jaina Solo in her X-wing Pilot uniform (besides Jedi garb or apprentice training gear (think Luke Bespin).

I know that stuff well, but to make a list? What about Quinlan, Villie, A'Sharad Hett, and other Clone Wars era stuff including a proper Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor (realistic looking, AND cartoon-style)?

Perhaps Kidhuman and my own scene-by-scene approach to the 5-movie source polls yeilded strikingly similar results, but an EU poll stands a 50-50 chance of being all over the page. Tallying it up would be a nightmare!

(How about Xanatos, Xi Treemba (now that we have Hem Dazon's headsculpt), and Bant Erin, with a 13 year old Obi-Wan? Darsha Assant, I-5, and Lorn Pavon (Darth Maul: Shadow Stalker)

Whatever.

First: if it were done it needs to be done as a write-in poll THREAD. It would never work as a multiple choice poll.

Second: if it were done, the person tallying it would need the rest of the membership to send them valliums - seriously!

Third - it is possible however.

Rocketboy
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
How about a multi-poll?
For example, one poll about the most wanted PT/Clone Wars figure, one the most wanted post-ROTJ character, one for the most wanted Tales of the Jedi character, ect, ect, ect. You could put all of the up at the same time and let it go a week (or whatever). Than, take the winner of each poll into one more final poll to find out the most wanted EU character is.

stillakid
06-04-2006, 11:56 PM
POLL IDEA:

There are many ways to enjoy being a fan of Star Wars. Which is your favorite way to enjoy the saga?

A) Collect Hasbro Toys
B) Collect High-end collectibles
C) Collect other, such as posters or miscellaneous collectibles
D) Nothing, I just enjoy the movies

Kidhuman
06-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Add discussing on forum boards to stillakids poll as well.

Tycho
06-05-2006, 10:38 AM
How about a multi-poll?
For example, one poll about the most wanted PT/Clone Wars figure, one the most wanted post-ROTJ character, one for the most wanted Tales of the Jedi character, ect, ect, ect. You could put all of the up at the same time and let it go a week (or whatever). Than, take the winner of each poll into one more final poll to find out the most wanted EU character is.

It won't work. There are way too many EU characters from any era of Star Wars. Write-in polls in the forums are the ONLY way to go.

Now I'd vote in somebody's (JT's) EU poll (era-based or otherwise) but I'd have to take issue with the results and dispute them for lack of Nas Choka, Supreme Overlord Shimra, Bruck Chun, Master Tholme, etc. (Who??? you said)

JT doesn't know who most or all of those characters are, and though I do, should I volunteer to do a multiple choice poll with 999 choices? I'd even hate to alphabetize them (which would be the easiest way for people to find the character they're looking for).

Besides, with EU there isn't a most-wanted figure (well maybe Quinlan Vos), but figures that go together. Who would Exar Kun interact with if they didn't make Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider at least? Kir Kanos should have at least Carnor Jax and Mirrith Senn to accompany him in short order, and perhaps the black Shadow Stormtrooper, let alone that Trandoshan bounty hunter, the Zannibar as an army-builder, etc. These characters never met Luke Skywalker or Han Solo (or if they did, it was briefly in passing). There's no play value in them alone and interest would be extremely niche-based without "a line" of the figures from a certain genre.

I can understand Quinlan Vos - he was Aayla Secura's Jedi Master and he dealt with Count Dooku and the Separatists. He fought Mace Windu when he was thought to have gone over to the Dark Side. You can easily use him with other existing figures (and he was Obi-Wan Kenobi's friend once). A Quinlan figure really makes sense.

Nom Anor almost makes sense - as he can fight Dark Empire Leia, Luke, Han, Mara, etc. - though he really needs Yuuzhan Vong soldiers to do his bidding, and the Solo Kids to challenge his power (Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin). But therein we're starting a series - as why do Jacen when you're not doing his twin sister? Why do Anakin Solo without an explanation of what line he goes with and how he's different from his grandfather (Anakin Skywalker - which is why Del Rey had him killed because they had 2 series running with "Anakins" moving through their stories as the main protagonist leaving uninformed readers scratching their heads going "What? Anakin has a sex-thing going for his own grandmother (Padme)?"

Don't get me wrong: I would love EU series of figures - very thorough and complete ones (such as Jaina both in X-wing Pilot gear and Jedi garbs). Just that if someone wants to start a list up for these, PM me and tell me where to fill mine out at. I WOULD vote according to a series, btw: 13-year old Obi-Wan, with Xanatos, Bruck Chun, Bant Erin, Xi Treemba, Tahl, etc. so my 50 choices would get used up fast. But I'd make priorities such as Quinlan (that can be used with existing figures very well) list as my priorities.

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
We're going to be running polls on the front page of the site for now, so there's no room to explain... anything really. :p

mastermatt24
06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
POLL IDEA:

There are many ways to enjoy being a fan of Star Wars. Which is your favorite way to enjoy the saga?

A) Collect Hasbro Toys
B) Collect High-end collectibles
C) Collect other, such as posters or miscellaneous collectibles
D) Nothing, I just enjoy the movies

Wheres the EU?????!!!!!!

stillakid
06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Wheres the EU?????!!!!!!

Misc., though this had more to do with what does one purchase as a collectible or not. If we get into EVERYTHING that someone could do as a fan, the list would be endless.

mastermatt24
06-06-2006, 02:00 AM
I think just Misc EU would work. Im not talkin bubble bath here- just the ways that SW has been expanded into surrounding medias.

stillakid
06-06-2006, 04:36 AM
I think just Misc EU would work. Im not talkin bubble bath here- just the ways that SW has been expanded into surrounding medias.

I'm still missing how giving EU it's own letter fits the scope of the question. EU fits perfectly well within all of the choices already. Perhaps a rewording to something like:

There are many things one can purchase to enjoy being a fan of Star Wars. Which is your favorite thing to purchase to enjoy the saga?

Slicker
06-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Actually with stillas poll the EU could technically fall into ALL of the categories so he's right in not giving it it's own category

And on that note here's a poll that I propose:

How much do you love EU?

A) I hate EU and wish they'd melt all of the plastic down to make shopping bags so I can take cool toys home in
B) EU is the lamest thing since FDR's legs
C) EU is about as useful as Steven Hawkings shoes
D) EU is about as useful as 2 drumsticks for Def Leppards drummer

mastermatt24
06-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Yea. Its all true. Except for the EU being lame. But this isnt the thread to discuss that. Im glad you didnt do any BOB BARKER jokes, THOSE are lame. ;)

stillakid
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Poll idea: to conduct an informal survey to determine how Star Wars fans are spread around the world.

Question: Where do you live?

(JediTricks: this is where you list all the US States and then follow with a few key countries and then "Other" to cover everywhere else...it's a long list, but should be interesting, no?)

Deoxyribonucleic
06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Heyyyyyyyyy, this is a cool idea!! :thumbsup: :whip:

BTW, good morning to you Stilla :love:

jjreason
06-18-2006, 08:43 PM
It is cool, but it's an awfully big poll. Get TDV to start a thread like that and then do the tallys daily, like he's been doing with the holograms in each figure thread. :p

Oh - and a big "other" for everywhere else stinks (in my opinion) - why not have the dreaded others at least log in by country (so my feelings don't get hurt). :D

stillakid
06-18-2006, 08:59 PM
It is cool, but it's an awfully big poll. Get TDV to start a thread like that and then do the tallys daily, like he's been doing with the holograms in each figure thread. :p
Let JT decide that please. Using the poll software is much easier and more inviting for everyone.

Oh - and a big "other" for everywhere else stinks (in my opinion) - why not have the dreaded others at least log in by country (so my feelings don't get hurt). :D
I didn't say "other" for everywhere else. I said use states and major countries. I'm sure that Canada and England are significant while Namibia and Ethiopia can be left to "other."

stillakid
06-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Heyyyyyyyyy, this is a cool idea!! :thumbsup: :whip:

BTW, good morning to you Stilla :love:

Thanks, sweety. Hope you liked your wakeup call. :lipsrsealed:

mastermatt24
06-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Instead of using all the states I think it would be easier to divide the country into regions (midwest, southeast, ect..). That way you could fit more of the worlds regions (ie Central America, new zealand, ect..)

stillakid
06-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Instead of using all the states I think it would be easier to divide the country into regions (midwest, southeast, ect..). That way you could fit more of the worlds regions (ie Central America, new zealand, ect..)

Yeah maybe, but who cares how long the question is? What, do you guys have an aversion to anything longer than four sentences? Seriously. I want to know where people are from statewise in the US, so that's why I asked it the way I did. Thanks anyway.

mastermatt24
06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I was just sayin..... :cross-eye

Kidhuman
06-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Most of the collectors can be found in the just found threads. Granted it doesnt say much since only around 50 of us post and we usually get 500 votes to a poll

stillakid
06-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Most of the collectors can be found in the just found threads. Granted it doesnt say much since only around 50 of us post and we usually get 500 votes to a poll

Right, ergo the need to do that poll via the polling software. It's easy for people to click on their state and/or country. :)

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Poll idea: to conduct an informal survey to determine how Star Wars fans are spread around the world.

Question: Where do you live?

(JediTricks: this is where you list all the US States and then follow with a few key countries and then "Other" to cover everywhere else...it's a long list, but should be interesting, no?)
Tycho suggested this not too long ago, I had to break it to him that I couldn't list more than 10 poll options. Now I don't do polls at all, Steve is running them off the front page of the site.

TheDarthVader
07-04-2006, 12:07 AM

I'd be down for that! :D Just say the word, JT. I have tried to do a good job with the holograph thread. I am 99% sure that my numbers are accurate.

I have an idea for a poll: Where is the worst place to get Star Wars figures? I wish to include: Wal Mart, Target, K Mart, Toys R Us, Kaybee Toys, the Internet, and "other". I want to know what the crappiest place is to find new Star Wars figures.

stillakid
07-04-2006, 01:04 AM
I want to know what the crappiest place is to find new Star Wars figures.

Earth.

Rogue II
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Which areas of Star Wars do you collect?

Anything and Everything Star Wars (Prequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy, and Expanded Universe)
Both the Prequel Trilogy & Original Trilogy
Only Prequel Trilogy
Only Original Trilogy

Or, a more simple, yes or no question:

Will you collect the upcoming Expanded Universe figures?

jjreason
07-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Yep, to EU or not to EU seems to be the burning question. How about this?

Do you plan on supporting Hasbro's creation of more EU figures by buying them?

a) Yes, I love the EU! They make 'em, I'll buy 'em!

b) No, I'm only interested in as many characters from the movies as they can churn out.

c) No, I'm only interested in characters from the Original Trilogy of movies.

d) No, I'm only interested in characters from the Prequel Trilogy of movies.

e) Possibly, but it will be based on the merits of each figure.

timmae
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM

b) No, I'm only interested in as many characters from the movies as they can churn out.

e-they have to pretty much be troopers or extra cool creatures or droids if there are any in eu.

UKWildcat
07-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Do you like the look of the new Star Wars packaging that is due out in 2007?

a) Yes

b) No

c) Don't care because it is going to get opened and thrown into the trash can.

Slicker
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM

That's a good idea for a poll jj. At least on this one you can only vote once.:rolleyes:

stillakid
07-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Question:

I prefer that Hasbro:

A) make only brand new characters from the films from now on until everyone is present and accounted for.

B) make only brand new character from the films and Expanded Universe from now on until everyone is present and accounted for.

C) make only Expanded Universe figures and then go back to movie characters.

D) continue producing and distributing the way things are.

E) only make exclusives and mail-in figures.

F) knock it all off right now and call it a day.

stillakid
07-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Question:

If I could meet George Lucas today, I would:

A) hug him and thank him for making six perfect movies!

B) shake his hand and thank him for making three great movies.

C) kick him in the groin and ask him why he f'd up such a great thing.

D) ask him for a date with his daughter.

E) ask him for a date with his son.

F) ask him for a date.

G) ask him to finance my short film.

H) ask him to finance my $50 million first time feature.

I) give him $200 million and ask him to redo the Prequels.

Battle Droid
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Which Separatist Leader or Aide do you want to see Hasbro make next?

AOTC Rogra Wodrata

AOTC or ROTS Tikkes

AOTC or ROTS Po Nudo (Though he wears the same outfit in both films so it wouldn't matter which one you want.)

AOTC Gilramos Libkath - Nute Gunray's Aide

AOTC Shu Mai's Aide (Name unknown)

AOTC or ROTS Denaria Kee - Passel Argente's Aide

ROTS Nute Gunray

ROTS Rune Haako

ROTS Rute Gunnay - Nute & Rune's Aide

ROTS Po Nudo's Shi'ido Aide in Aqualish disguise. (Name unknown)

ROTS Geonosian Aide (Name unknown)

Rocketboy
11-17-2006, 11:32 PM
This thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33419) leads me to ask this question:

On a scale of 1 (low) to 5 (high), how would you gauge current overall interest in Star Wars?