PDA

View Full Version : 12inch Lord of the Rings

Sith Worm
12-04-2001, 10:12 PM
This are simply the worst toys ever made. I'm the biggest LOTRs fan around and can't imagine owning any of these. they are badly sculpted badly clothed and their hair is like the old doll hair off of baby dolls from the 20's. totally awful figures all together not worth $22.00 at all if some one gave these to me I wouldn't display them.

AmanaMatt
12-07-2001, 02:18 PM
I saw these too and was almost impressed at how awful these were...another possibly great movie completely disrespected by toys that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy!

JediCole
12-08-2001, 04:19 AM
I'm afraid I allerted SW to the arrival of these figures, prompting him to see just what I was talking about. It appears the investigated further. The hair was what struck me as the worst aspect was the hair. The face sculpt on Gandalf is quite good, but the doll hair beard ruins the effect! And some of the costume elements are poorly realized. Ironically neither Sith Worm or myself were aware of this scale of LOTR figures before I stumbled on them at Toys R Us.

bigbarada
12-08-2001, 11:51 PM
I saw these last week and they are hideous! I think the manufacturer knew how bad they were but they were already commited to the molds so they snuck them into the stores and hoped they would get lost in the holiday shuffle. That's the only explaination I can give for something this bad being released.

Overall though I haven't been too impressed with the action figure offerings for LOTR. I really wish they had picked someone other than Toy Biz to make the toys. The crap they produced for the X-Men movie should've tipped everybody off to never allow this company a movie liscense again.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Toy Biz will have the liscense pulled by TTT next year. How do we start a petition?

Did Hasbro pass on LOTR for POTA? Talk about a blunder!!

Wolfwood319
12-08-2001, 11:55 PM
I'm liking the 6'' figs. They've got pretty decent sculpting, and most look like the actors themselves.

The 12'' aren't very good though. But I like the multi-packs, its a good way to get 2 or 3 characters if your looking for a loose set.

Sith Worm
12-13-2001, 04:03 PM
Wolf, I agree the small ones are great they are actually real scanned thats why they look so much like the actors (thats also how the Epi.II toys are gonna be made) I love the Frodo it's great the weapons are made out of that thin plastic it bends far to easy, but all in all I can't complaine as for the 12inch why even mess with putting them out they are horrible. Is Star Wars and the Simpsoms the only two that can get discent toys made...

Wolfwood319
12-13-2001, 10:15 PM
I've actually got most of the 6'' LOTR figs that have come out, but I've kept them in the packaging so far and they're hanging on my wall. I really think they're very good. I really love the Sam figure with the Moria gate and Goblin head and hand poking through!

Those 12'' ones are just awful though.

As for it being a Toy Biz line, it has to do with the fact that its a New Line feature I believe. New Line has some arcane deal with Marvel Comics/Toybiz, and that's why Toybiz got the LOTR line. Hasbro couldn't have gotten it if they wanted to.

Sith Worm
12-15-2001, 01:06 AM
Have you found Aragorn oops! I ment "Strider" don't wanna give anything away, A Strider fig yet I have seen two on ebay for 50.00 apiece yes 50.00 I haven't got my hands on A Cave troll yet ,but have found The horse back Nazgul and Arwen...

Wolfwood319
12-15-2001, 09:16 AM
We got in a couple of the first waves here in that have Strider in them. He's actually been somewhat easy to find (TRU near me had about 20) the real tough ones have been Gimli, Sauraman, and Gandalf. Also the Wraith with Horse has been really difficult to find as well.

Cave troll should be out very early January, Later on in March, with the next releases, there is supposed to be a Balrog.

Sith Worm
12-15-2001, 04:02 PM
I have been able to find every one around here except Strider any way we work up a trade here? let me know drop me A line, sithlordchris@yahoo.com

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 10:00 AM
Have they made any in the 3 3/4 scale?Thats about the only scale I collect.

Jayspawn
12-30-2001, 04:04 PM
Good God, there 12" figures are horrible. Gandolph's face does have a nice sculpt, but its the hair man.

sith_killer_99
01-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Uh, isn't this a STAR WARS website?:sur:

BANISH them SirSteve BANISH them all.:Pirate:

HA!:evil:

Take that!:p

Sith Worm
01-01-2002, 09:31 PM
sith_killer_99 I believe it said review your newest collectible, no said it had to be A star wars collectible...