PDA

View Full Version : Has any of your layaways from WM gotten lost??

Turbowars
12-30-2003, 12:04 AM
I was trading a game for 5 SA Clones with some guy. I bother to go get the game and then he tells me he has the figures on layaway. He told me he would go get them the next day. The next day he tells me that the layaway is lost. BS. WM was sorry and would tell him when those figures would come in. I think he found the game and then pulled out of the trade, because he wont buy the game from me with cash. I was just wondering if anyones layaway has gotten lost. I tell you, I think I'm going to stop trading with new collectors. I get burnt all the time, with people pulling out. It really is ****sssssssing me off!:dead:

bobafrett
12-30-2003, 10:53 AM
My layaway items never got lost, but in the years I worked there, we always had a couple of customers whose items were lost, especially around Christmas. He may be right.

kool-aid killer
12-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Im sure things get lost but its really rare. I could see how things would get a bit backed up wherever they store them around this time too. But due to you saying he wont buy it from you with cash raises my eyebrow. Unless its a $50 game, five SA Clones only cost $25, so he may be trying to save some dollars. Was it somebody from this site?

Turbowars
12-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Nope, RS trade list. The game I got him is $27. I was going to take a lose. He just keeps saying sorry. What ever. The guy says he is going on a toy run and see if he can find some for me. I was like what? I thought he didn't have any $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Kidhuman
01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
None of my layaways have ever gotten lost at Wal-MArt. In the past 6 months I have made at least ten different layaways. I think your right turbo.......BS

Turbowars
01-29-2004, 07:10 PM
I forgot about this thread. Well I never did get 5 SA clones, but I did get a MOMC Concept trooper Variant which is worth way more than that crappy game I gave him and he sent one loose SA Clone. So he did come through, but I still think he had a better offer on the 5 SA Clones.

LTBasker
01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
I've had some losses.

First loss: Back when TMNT line was going strong, I had the 12" sized guy that carried Crane around in his belly in lay-away, but they were moving the Wal-Mart further down the road to a newly built building. So they lost the lay-away during the transfer.

Second loss: Vader w/ removeable helmet, Biggs and Ewoks 2-pack in one set back when they JUST came out. Somehow three simple figures get "lost." Right. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it was a twisted employee who grabbed the figures, cause I had another three new figures (Ishi Tiib, Lak Sivrak, and someone else new) in a seperate lay-away and they stayed alright.

Third loss: Not really major but it was a lot of the first SW LEGO sets.