PDA

View Full Version : Gold Card variations

skeeziks22
12-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I noticed when picking up the re-issue figures on gold cards (yoda/chian, ashla/jempa etc.) that the Collection 1 or 2 is no longer on the bubble insert.

I found better condition Luke and Vader duel figures (which have always been on gold cards) and went to return my old ones... only to find the bar codes were different. Searching for what made them different, i found that the card backs are the same... but the bubble inserts are not the same.

For variant collectors there are more to look for now. I am assuming the snowtrooper has the same change, as well as other gold card figures with the COLLECTION 1 or 2 written on the left side of the bubble insert. I know my Lar's Homestead Padme' has COLLECTION on it meaning later realeases may be different... this may make for a ton of package variants.

sith_killer_99
12-30-2003, 02:01 PM
There were only 7 re-carded figures than originally came on basic SAGA and were re-released on the SAGA Gold cards:

Anakin Secret Ceremony
Han Hoth (Blue coat)....Brown was only released on the Gold card as far as I know.
Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
Yoda and Chian
Ashla and Jempa
Aayla Secura
Barriss

All 7 originally had the reddish-orange color inserts, but were changed to the standard blue-grey color. They dropped the "Collection" number and on Barriss and Aayla they even changed the title (Aayla from Jedi Knight to Battle of Geonosis and Barriss from Luminara Unduli's Padawan to Battle of Geonosis). THese 7 have different UPC codes.

The Snowtrooper, Darth Vader etc. originally came on the Gold cards and there have not been any changes to those inserts...as far as I know.

I hope that helps.

plo koon 200
12-31-2003, 01:16 PM
They did change the DV, Luke, and Snowtrooper inserts because they were Collection 1 and they are shipping in a case with the Collection 2 DPCI, however, as of 2004 Hasbro is no longer having any collection numbers, therefore, none of these figures mention it. By the way, Leia Lar's Homestead was not a repack figure.

skeeziks22
12-31-2003, 02:21 PM
So the Vader, Luke, and snowtrooper are the ONLY three originally released on gold cards that have new (a second version) of the gold card insert?

There were a lot of figures released on the gold card package that have Collection 1 or 2 on the insert. Chances are that if they too are shipped again that the inserts for them will also be changed. That's where I was going with my comment of Padme' Lar's Homestead... I did know she was only released on gold card.

We know from this year that a lot of last yeas figures shipped with new figures from this year. I am keeping an eye out for any figure that had a Collection on it to now NOT have Collection on the insert...

sith_killer_99
01-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Oyyy Vey, now I'm gonna have to hunt these down!

Turbowars
01-03-2004, 12:11 PM
WOW I was kind of Mad at myself for buying a Case of these repacks, because no one wanted to buy them or trade. Well now I'm happy because of the variants. I did manage to get rid of the extra's by returning them to TRU for credit. I took a loss, but that's life when you buy cases. Funny thing, I saw them that very same day at TRU and another collector grabbed them like his live depended on it. I guess I helped out in the long run.

Banthaholic
01-06-2004, 09:47 PM
I was able to get teh Luke, Darth, snowtrooper variations today after Target reset. Best yet, they rang up at 2.30 somthing. That price took away any guilt of mine in 'rebuying' the figures for minor changes.

Val Da Car
01-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeppers...my Target has the SC Anakin for $2.38 each...on gold cards.....I was beat by the HW collector in the aisle by 1 minute.

how could I tell the HW collector?????

The Smell....It's the Smell - Agent Smith

skeeziks22
01-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Have any of the other previously released gold card figures (other than Luke, Vader and snowtrooper) been shipped in a different case assortment yet? I haven't seen any others, but I admit I haven't kept my eye on case assortments lately.

There were about ten others I think...

Turbowars
01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Have any of the other previously released gold card figures (other than Luke, Vader and snowtrooper) been shipped in a different case assortment yet? I haven't seen any others, but I admit I haven't kept my eye on case assortments lately.

There were about ten others I think...No, there hasn't been any other figures besides the 3 you mentioned. If you would like to keep track on the assortments, Entertainment Earth has been very good with being correct with whats coming.

skeeziks22
01-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Entertainment Earth has been very good with being correct with whats coming.

Are there other good (meaning reasonably priced) by the case sellers on the web? I've had a few banged up cases from EE and would like to try my luck elsewhere.

sith_killer_99
01-12-2004, 12:47 PM
They're Baaaaack.

Just when you thought you were over the whole "Gold Card" variation/Re-re-re-issue thing, Hasbro strikes again.

This time they have re-hashed re-hashes.

Yes, those pathetic re-hashes from 2003 have found their way on to 2004 cards with all new pics on the back of the cards. So here we go with the list:

Princess Leia (Original FF "All New Likeness" re-released on '03 card coming soon to '04 card)
Han Solo (Original CommTech release re-released on '03 card coming soon to '04 card)
Luke Skywalker (Original CommTech release re-released on '03 card coming soon to '04 card)
Darth Maul (Original MOTDS 2-pack release re-released on '03 card coming soon to '04 card)
Darth Vader (Original MOTDS 2-pack release re-released on '03 card coming soon to '04 card)

These are just the re-re-issues. LOL What kills me about Han, Luke and Leia is that all of these could be had for $2.00 or less just a couple of years ago.

skeeziks22
01-12-2004, 12:54 PM
If Hasbro wants to dig up old figures to re-issue why not find different ones each time. How about the figures form the Gunner Stations, Or the Han that came with the keyboard council. The stormtrooper will sell well (he's the super articulated one I think), but they need to relax with the "need to make main characters available for new collectors" thing and realize that these were out just last year, or there are perfectly fine alternatives coming out with new sculpts this year.

Damned Hasbro!

Val Da Car
01-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Are there other good (meaning reasonably priced) by the case sellers on the web? I've had a few banged up cases from EE and would like to try my luck elsewhere.

If you ordered MINT Cases you can contact their customer service and get your issue ironed out, otherwise if you ordered Not Mint....Caveat emptor

I got a two cases from EE last summer that were not mint and one was packaged in another box and arrived in a little wrecked and the second one shipped in the original container arrived in great shape?

beats me how that happened but the CS Rep was really good about that and I believed I was refunded shipping due to the different cost in freight.

skeeziks22
01-13-2004, 12:10 PM
If you ordered MINT Cases you can contact their customer service and get your issue ironed out, otherwise if you ordered Not Mint....Caveat emptor

I always order the MINT cases and they still seem to come dented up... especially now with the larger bubble on the Saga cards. I could send these back, but that adds hastle I'd rather not deal with if I could avoid it.

EE sells for a decent price in general... and the other sites I've searched claiming they sell wholesale all send you back to EE. I want choices man!

By the way, EE has the pre-sell for the "new" wave of re-packed figures... looks like they are calling them the Hall-Of-Fame collection. Looks like the case assortment won't have many duplicates (meaning I think there are 12 different figures in the case) so buying a whole case of these may not be a waste of time (and money) if you desire the re-packs.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Yep, I will probably buy a case of these just to keep from hunting them down. The only one I want multiples of is the Stormie. hehehe