PDA

View Full Version : Better picture of Carkoon 4 pack

Turbowars
01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Here's a better Pic of 4 pack. Is it just me, or are you sick of old figures?Update -
"Skirmish at Carkoon". This set includes the Sail Barge cannon from the Power Of The Jedi Deluxe Princess Leia Organa, Nikto, Barada & Klaatu from the Power Of The Force 2 Skiff Guards Cinema Scene, and a slightly repainted and resculpted Han Solo from the Power Of The Force 2 CommTech basic figure line

sith_killer_99
01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
I am sick of these 4-packs!

S.N.A.F.U.

Dr Zoltar
01-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Yep, these repacks suck. I got the first few since there was at least one thing new, but I'm going to pass on this one and the Jedi 4 pack. This is just Hasbro's way of trying to get rid off figs that were sent back to them last year from retailers. I really hope the people at TRU don't start wondering why these won't sell -- it should be obvious.

LTBasker
01-04-2004, 05:37 PM
That would be at least an interesting pack, if they rereleased the POTJ Skiff or made a new one. The Han being the only different thing just isn't worth it. The people that came up with the Imperial and Hoth 4-packs must've been on vacation or something when they came up with the Bounty Hunters, this and the Jedi pack.

Old Fossil
01-04-2004, 08:44 PM
These 4-packs add nothing worthwile to the line. I have yet to buy any of them, and doesn't look like I will anytime soon.

One step forward and two steps back, Hasbro. :bored:

Turbowars
01-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Man, I'm not even sure if it was one step forward.:ermm: You know, if they are going to put out junk like this, why don't they release a 4 pack like this with different ranks of Clone Troopers and one SA clone in the middle. I'd prefer a 5 pack of SA Clones, but Hasbro wants me to suffer and not find them on Basic cards. E-bay wants 12 bucks for them. It really sucks ***!:evil:

sith_killer_99
01-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they could give us Clone packs, Stormtrooper packs, Imperial Officer packs, Sandtrooper packs, Snowtrooper packs, Scout Trooper packs...all kinds of Army Builders with one really good figure and 4 "molded" figures (like the Clonie 3 packs).

That would rock.

These lame re-hashes they are cranking out now just plain suck. The first one or two were OK, just poorly executed IMO, weak plastic, etc.

I like being able to get the Taun Tauns and the new astromechs were a nice touch, but now they are just using these to dump old figures. :rolleyes:

dustrho
01-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Yeah, they could give us Clone packs, Stormtrooper packs, Imperial Officer packs, Sandtrooper packs, Snowtrooper packs, Scout Trooper packs...all kinds of Army Builders with one really good figure and 4 "molded" figures (like the Clonie 3 packs).

That would rock.

I couldn't agree with you more on that one, since my collecting focus is army-building. Those 4-packs would NEVER warm a peg, because they'd be gone in a second. I would buy as many as I could get my hands on... no doubt about that.

I have purchased all of the current 4-packs, because I actually like them quite a bit even though some of the items are rehashes. I also got them because they were the ONLY new stuff out by me when they were released.

Lazer Brain
01-05-2004, 04:52 PM
if there going to make a muti-pack , it should be the hard to find figures,like the last of the EI line, r2-b1 and so on...that would be great. heck, if there going to make it ,make a bar scene pack with kitik keed'kak! this rehash of figures we already have to many of just blows.

TheDarthVader
01-05-2004, 11:25 PM
I could come up with better multipacks than the excutives at Hasbro. The bounty hunter set SUCKED, the jedi set SUCKS, and this Carkoon set REALLY SUCKS. I love the idea of army builder packs...especially the SNOWTROOPER idea because I still need 6 Saga Snowtroopers for my loose AT-AT (one of the very few vehicles I own). These sets are CRAP. I bought the Imperial Forces pack because it was cool and I liked it. I bought the Hoth Pack because the new droid was a must have figure. Hasbro is lame-o. They are starting to upset and offend me as a collector. They are saying, "We don't care what you need or what you want, buy this four pack for your collection even though it sucks." This isn't going to work with me. We need to tell them what to make not vice versa. Hasbro is going downhill. :mad:

Jayspawn
01-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Yeah these 4-packs are not impressive. They would be if they had all-new figures, like extra Skiff Guards not made yet.

I'm with sithkiller99, my collecting focus is army building. I want Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, Snowtroopers, Endor Rebel Soldiers, Scout Troopers, Hoth Soldiers, X-Wing Pilots, Clonetroopers, Droids, etc.

fishyfett
01-06-2004, 01:20 AM
I never bought any of these sets. I always thought Hasbro will be smarter than this. I mean, it was pretty clever of them to use the same molds for different characters in the movies. We all know that Aay Vida has the same body as Shakka from the Watto's Box Scene. Faytonni and Med-Beq are the same except for their heads and hands. K-3PO and TC-14 the same mold. And we all love the different colored R2's despite the fact that it's the same droid over and over.

What Hasbro should've tried here is put more articulation on the figures. Better yet, even if it's the same species, put them on different outfits. I know at least 2 versions of each aliens in this scene. Why not do that?? Or if new characters are too costly to make, put some of the rarest ones in there so others can have the chance to complete their collection. There's gotta be a better way on making these 4 packs. Come on, Hasbro. Snap out of it!! :)

sith_killer_99
01-06-2004, 06:01 AM
I always thought Hasbro will be smarter than this. I mean, it was pretty clever of them to use the same molds for different characters in the movies. We all know that Aay Vida has the same body as Shakka from the Watto's Box Scene. Faytonni and Med-Beq are the same except for their heads and hands. K-3PO and TC-14 the same mold. And we all love the different colored R2's despite the fact that it's the same droid over and over.

Hasbro did that with the first 2 sets.

Imperial Forces gave us a new astromech, a new AT-ST Driver (re-done from Imperial Officer), a non-lightning Darth Vader (POTJ) and a new Stormtrooper (cross between CT Stormie and POTJ Sandtrooper).

Hoth Set gave us another new astromech, a new Hoth Leia (cross between FF Hoth Leia and POTJ Bespin Leia), Hoth Luke with retooled legs to allow him to sit on the Taun Taun, Chewie mix and our choice of the original "Luke Taun Taun" or "Han Taun Taun".

But the new sets add virtually nothing!

Kidhuman
01-06-2004, 08:15 AM
PPPPPPPPPPBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

This pack sucks

JEDIpartner
01-06-2004, 09:55 AM
This is nothing impressive... especially if you already have the cannon.

Devo
01-07-2004, 08:03 PM
but consider the poor folk like myself who never found the Skiff guard cinema scene pack originally. In ireland we don't have big toy warehouses full of pegwarming items, and theres no such thing as 'clearance sales'. If the skiff set was in painfully plentiful supply in the U.S it certainly wasn't on my island. I've missed too many Jabba's palace figures and the absence of these 3 figures has been a blight in my collection. Now (on the basis that I have found the first 4 sets easily) I'm virtually guaranteed to shrink the void in my jabba diorama.

Now having said that I too would still like more army building multipacks.

fishyfett
01-08-2004, 12:12 AM
but consider the poor folk like myself who never found the Skiff guard cinema scene pack originally. In ireland we don't have big toy warehouses full of pegwarming items, and theres no such thing as 'clearance sales'. If the skiff set was in painfully plentiful supply in the U.S it certainly wasn't on my island. I've missed too many Jabba's palace figures and the absence of these 3 figures has been a blight in my collection. Now (on the basis that I have found the first 4 sets easily) I'm virtually guaranteed to shrink the void in my jabba diorama.

Now having said that I too would still like more army building multipacks. Man, I'm sorry you missed out on that one. There were plenty of those in my area that were on clearance for awhile. I could've gotten you one. But, you're right. Considering the different areas of distribution not getting the same amount of items shipped, these 4-packs should help out. Perhaps they will sell better overseas. Good luck on your toy hunts. :)

Turambar
01-08-2004, 03:15 PM
I can't find the picture anymore, but last time I looked at the pic of Skiff #1, there was no Klaatu (I think he was on the sailbarge), the nikto & barada in the pack have different outfits from the ones actually on the primary Skiff (barada's pants & headband were different colors, also nikto never had the pike that his hands are molded to fit, he was supposed to have a pistol that lando wrested from his grasp). If someone could confirm this, I'd appreciate it, though.

Still this could have been a gold mine if they'd released the correct skiff guards in 3 packs from skiff #1 and eventually skiff #2 coinciding with rereleasing the skiff so everyone could buy two and pote snitkin wouldn't be so lonely and without purpose. I've always wanted the 2nd weequay and the human skiff guards would be cool, too.