PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see Tycho's dioramas? (...and other requests)

JEDIpartner
01-05-2004, 12:47 PM
We have tons of members here who talk about their massive displays and whatnot. Jedi Drew and I were chatting about our collections and how modestly we have them displayed. We started talking about all of the members whose collections seem to exist in every crevasse of their being... and we started thinking, wouldn't it be cool to see some of these?!!

So... how about Tycho, ol' mate? Step up to the plate and let's see it! Anyone else who has an impressive collection on display... come on in! We'd like to see yours too! We of the limited space contingent would like to see what's out there!

Happy 2004 to all of you! (except stupid Britney Spears... she can go die.)

Kidhuman
01-06-2004, 08:47 AM
I would love to see Tycho's displays. The few I have seen on here are awesome. Show us Tycho.

Dave_Cameron
01-06-2004, 08:54 AM
I know I would like to see them. He sounds like an O/C case with every one of his rooms filled with his collection. Bring it on Tycho!

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Guess he never saw this thread

Turbowars
01-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Guess he never saw this threadNo, he just doesn't want to show us his Hoth dio in his freezer.

Kidhuman
01-18-2004, 11:38 AM
And his Tatooine display on his bed? Barren Wasteland???????????

Banthaholic
01-18-2004, 10:33 PM
After reading about his set ups for some time I'd love to see some pics

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Well, has anyone PMed him about it? I think I may go do that.

Kidhuman
01-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Good idea......lol

dr_evazan22
01-19-2004, 02:06 PM
No, he just doesn't want to show us his Hoth dio in his freezer.

Too funny! He probably had to go out and buy a special freezer too, one that doesn't automatically defrost.

Tycho
01-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Well I'm here finally.

I just found out about this thread because someone private messaged me.

Basically, I think you guys might have to wait a short while before I can start posting pictures.

This is for several reasons:

1) I don't own a digital camera, nor can I afford it yet (so to speak). I pay for everything cash now, and am developing a "fun fund" as well as eliminating all my credit debt now that I'm advancing in my new career.

The fun fund is a plan that allocates my first $12,000 this year to surplus expenditures, including $1500 to Star Wars for the toys bit.

I want to fully fund this account and start my invested assets growing before I pop off and get a digital camera. Remember, it will take about $5K to fully encase all my displays - and that once I have the dough to buy a house and have room for it all.

2) My old pictures have been deleted by now - I did have them on my harddrive, but they're gone I think. (Didn't find them in a short look). The ones I'd had on Steve's old pages are gone too (gone with the old pages).

3) I'll be shooting a lot of pictures before I move so that I'll have reference shots to use for comparison when resetting everything up exactly as I had it before. I'll post many of those, but we're talking JULY here.

4) So it's dependent on waiting until summer when I get a camera, or sooner if I add 12K of discretionary income on fast here in a profitable 1st Quarter.

5) Then I'll probably talk to ACPin about how he'd like me to display everything - subcatagoried in his sections I'd imagine.

I may do it room-by-room as I choose to set my stuff up based on color schemes and matching planets, OR I may do the standard Movie-by-Movie, broken down into planets - which is probably more practical - since people could easiy navigate my pages and find what they are looking for where they'd expect it to be.

I could always add a "home tour" section - that is showing Endor and Naboo in the same room because they are both green.

In any case, we're going to learn how long it will take me to make $12,000 first.

If you set financial goals and stick to them, you will achieve them, and the digital camera will be there (just that 1-300 allocated for that is not a priorty desire).

So, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the interest.

stillakid
01-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I may do it room-by-room as I choose to set my stuff up based on color schemes and matching planets, OR I may do the standard Movie-by-Movie, broken down into planets -

Reminds me of the Madonna Inn. Seriously...think about opening a B&B with Star Wars "inspired" theme rooms. Of course, licensing concerns in mind, you'd have to keep it on the lowdown, but "people will come, Ray. Most definitely, people will come." :)

derek
01-24-2004, 02:33 PM
tycho,

you could snap some regular film photos, and places like walgreens or eckerds, i think, can put them on a CD-ROM for you.:)

Tycho
01-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Good suggestion. I may have to do that. As I pack some stuff up, "position shots" for resets would benefit me greatly.

JediTricks
01-25-2004, 02:38 AM
As I understand it, the old SSG features systems aren't gone, just taken offline. Some day, you might be able to convince Steve to let you mine 'em for your pics.