PDA

View Full Version : What figures still need to be made from the Vintage Line

BFett88
01-05-2004, 02:33 PM
How many figures are left that still need to be remade from the vintage line?

Beast
01-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Well, there's a couple that are 'technically' still needed. And some that definatly still need to be made. He're the current list from what I have. This doesn't include necissary resculpts, however. I may be forgetting a couple, I have the flu so I'm fuzzy headed. :)

Star Wars:
Death Squad Commander (Grey Uniforms w/ Beetle Helmets)
EG/Power Droid (Blue One - Seen in Lars Homestead)
RA-7 (Vintage Death Star Droid/Really Sandcrawler Droid)
R5-D4 (Sorry can't count the Abomination Droid from POTF2)
Blue SnaggleTooth (They can do the Blue one from Bespin)

Empire Strikes Back:
Cloud Car Pilot
Bespin Security Guard (Black)
Imperial Commander (Black Tuniced Uniforms)
Princess Leia: Bespin Gown (Can't count the cruddy Leia Collection one)
AT-AT Commander (Vintage based on Veers, POTF2 Generic)
Rebel Soldier: Hoth Battle Gear (Vintage Vested Version)

Return of the Jedi:
Chief Chirpa
Klaatu
Lumat

Power of the Force:
Imperial Gunner (ROTJ Version - No chest armor)
Sim Aloo (Vintage Dignitary)
Warok
Romba

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fishyfett
01-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Man, that's a long list you got there, JarJar.

Me, I just want 3 figures from the vintage line and that will do it. Madine's one of them. I think he's gonna be out this year. Chief Chirpa and the Cloud Car Pilot. Other than that, if Hasbro's feeling generous about it, I'd like to see the Slim Jim Dignitary and a brother Bespin Guard.

After that, everything else is fair game. :D

arctangent
01-06-2004, 06:32 AM
i think i would like to see just about anything on that list made rather than 'han solo in at-st driver disguise'. one question for hasbro - why?

Beast
01-06-2004, 11:55 AM
I don't mind the Han Solo: AT-ST Driver figure. 1. It's a cheap way to get multiples for you army builders. Instead of having to purchases a ton of the Imperial Forces Gift Set. 2. There's no proof that Han didn't wear the whole uniform. He easily could have, just to ensure the ruse wasn't detected. 3. He has appeared on some fan wish lists in the past, now that he's out of the way a better choice for a New Han can be made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

tagmac
01-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Imperial Commander was already made, and with two different heads. Nothing wrong with the General Veers figure either, IMO.

Beast
01-06-2004, 08:19 PM
No, the Imperial Commander figure wasn't made. The figures that were made with three different heads, were Imperial Techs, and Off-Duty Pilots. Note that the actual Imperial 'Officers' wear Tunic uniforms. Like Motti, Ozzel, Tarkin. Not jumpsuits with gloves. That's why he's still on the 'To Be Made' list. As for the Veers figure, because it wasn't Veers. It was just a generic Imperial AT-AT Commander. Not General Veers like the vintage was based. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turambar
01-06-2004, 08:26 PM
I didn't see the B-wing pilot on the list, and I don't recall the human pilot being released. I know they've released the Nien Numb in white twice, now, and the vintage B-wing pilot was kind of a putz, but I'd still like to see the human pilot in red.

arctangent
01-07-2004, 06:43 AM
I don't mind the Han Solo: AT-ST Driver figure. 1. It's a cheap way to get multiples for you army builders. Instead of having to purchases a ton of the Imperial Forces Gift Set. 2. There's no proof that Han didn't wear the whole uniform. He easily could have, just to ensure the ruse wasn't detected. 3. He has appeared on some fan wish lists in the past, now that he's out of the way a better choice for a New Han can be made. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hmmm. han dons the entire driver's uniform, gets into the at-st vehicle, tells the imperials they need reinforcements, gets back out the vehicle, climbs down and removes his cunning disguise and is standing there read to look superior all before the imperials manage to get their act together, walk down a corridor and open the door to the bunker?

i have to say it never even occured to me that that particular character was han in disguise and for the life of me i still can't think why anyone would actually want this particular version of han made - still, 'there's nowt so queer as folk' as they say in yorkshire.

sith_killer_99
01-07-2004, 09:24 AM
'there's nowt so queer as folk' as they say in yorkshire.

???

Was it possible for Han to slip on a set of gray coveralls/jumpsuit and pull 'em off before the Imperials are any the wiser? Who knows, it's a mystery that has been discused many times. Every time someone asks for this figure in fact.

In the end, it really dosen't matter. It's a good way for us to get a new AT-ST driver, so I'm all for it. Besides, the AT-ST Driver in the Imperial Forces 4 pack sucks big time, weak plastic, weak joints, cartoonish looking stupid head...just horrible.

Besides, I like figures with removable helmets. LOL

arctangent
01-07-2004, 10:06 AM
???

that means that everyone's rather peculiar!

especially those actually looking forward to the release of this figure! i guess its good as an army builder if you can ignore the fact that it looks like han solo. i have my at-st and my potf driver and i am happy with these, so i won't be buying this figure.

Devo
01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
No, the Imperial Commander figure wasn't made. The figures that were made with three different heads, were Imperial Techs, and Off-Duty Pilots. Note that the actual Imperial 'Officers' wear Tunic uniforms. Like Motti, Ozzel, Tarkin. Not jumpsuits with gloves. That's why he's still on the 'To Be Made' list. As for the Veers figure, because it wasn't Veers. It was just a generic Imperial AT-AT Commander. Not General Veers like the vintage was based. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

So the 'imperial officer' title to the figure we now have is inaccurate? Those bas*ards. When I heard the 'officer' was being made I expected it would be of the type that the 'she'll die before she'll tell you anything' was. Instead they went for the type seen in the Death star (or is it Executor?) hangar bay in ROTJ.

Also I always thought the figure that came with the AT-AT was veers-just an unimpressive likeness. Isn't he named as Veers and a picture of Veers provided on the AT-AT box?

arctangent
01-08-2004, 04:19 AM
having looked at the photo of the han solo in at-st driver disguise figure again i have noticed he is suffering from the new hoth luke unfeasably large goggle syndrome. the goggles moulded on to his helmet look like they would cover his entire face, not just his eyes! whoops.

Beast
01-08-2004, 04:39 AM
having looked at the photo of the han solo in at-st driver disguise figure again i have noticed he is suffering from the new hoth luke unfeasably large goggle syndrome. the goggles moulded on to his helmet look like they would cover his entire face, not just his eyes! whoops.
Actually, in this case they're not really that oversized. Take a look at a picture of the AT-ST Driver's from the movie. The helmets are a bit big,as are the goggles. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

arctangent
01-08-2004, 07:14 AM
thanks jar jar, that does explain it. i had not noticed before. it does look very odd though. i am glad the potf at-st driver doesn't have them like that. his appear to be inside his helmet and not as big.

TheDarthVader
01-11-2004, 09:51 PM
BFett88, I have dug into my toy magazine archives to answer your question on a non-technical basis. I also researched a little bit. Here is what I found:

1. Death Squad Commmander
2. Snaggletooth (Blue)
3. Bespin Security Guard (black)
4. Cloud Car Pilot
5. Chief Chirpa
6. General Madine
7. Klaatu (not the one in skiff outfit)
8. B Wing Fighter Pilot (human)
9. Paploo (on single card not pack-in ie: AT-ST)
10. Lumat
11. Warok
12. Romba
13. Imperial Dignitary Sim Aloo
14. RA-7 Death Star Droid (different from other Freeze Frame version)
15. Power Droid (blue) (different from jawa's "gonk" droid)

That is my personal list. I did some reading to find this. I hope this helps and any negative comments about my list can now esculate. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!! :)

Tycho
01-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Darth Vader's list is almost perfect (and thank you Darth - and JarJar).

Both of you included the human B-wing pilot, and realize that Arvel Crynyd is wearing a Y-wing helmet and uniform, as scene by Grey Leader in ROTJ - though he wore an appropriately grey uniform I think (and they ought to give him a figure - but he's not a vintage).

Both of you included Blue Snaggletoothe, and since "Kenner's" was an error on a black and white picture of Zutton sitting down, you recognized the Bespin Snivvian as an appropriate substitute. (However, I'd still like the tall alien she's standing with made as well. Cloud City needs way more attention than Hasbro's paid to it!)

Vader did not include the remake of the vintage Hoth Rebel Soldier, who was like a scout, or TaunTaun wrangler, or flight crewman, wearing a vest like Luke's. I think Kenner did this one first, so kids could pretend it was Luke, since his Hoth figure did not come out until a year later (in 1981, while most of the ESB figures debuted in 1980, but Luke was in Bespin Fatigues).

Thank you for including Paploo. That Hasbro Direct kit-bashing thing just doesn't do a character played by Kenny R2D2 Baker any justice! The hood is cool, but it's too preposed. A carded Paploo done as good as Teebo was would be awesome!

Leia Bespin could be done in all-plastic, the standard for most "moderns," but I disagree with JarJar that the Leia collection one was a bad figure. She was completely awesome Dude! She looked like Carrie Fisher, she was dressed authentically, and except for the crappy Han Solo she was packed with, the figure was worth paying retail price for! Now I bought only 1 - only needed one for that dining table blast scene - one of the best scenes in the entire Classic Trilogy I might add! (the only members of the main cast not present are Luke and R2, or Yoda and Obi-Wan if you care to count them as "main cast" in the OT). So I won't need nor want a new Leia Bespin, but I hope they make her for all of you who do - and so that the Princess, and female action figures in general - especially the main cast ones - get paid their due attention by Hasbro.

So anyway, I strongly agree with Darth Vader's list and it basically mirrors my own.

I think they'll do it.

Oh and by the way, there are at least 2 more styles of Power Droids they could make, so I'd love to see them both - or a 2 pack if they could!